[Game] The Illusion Cube; Mission Two - The Goldberg Machine - GAME POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

154 posts

Flag Post

[Reserved for Lock.]

Flag Post

Above the Bermuda Triangle, a plane was flying carrying ten VIP passengers with various abilities. As many planes in the area are, it was in a thick fog. Then, suddenly, it descended, until all the passengers are suddenly standing up instead of sitting down. They find themselves on a calm but foggy beach, which is part of a peninsula. Walking further inland, they find a large blue cube complex. Onver the entrance, a weather-worn plaque, in plain letters, states ‘The Illusion Cube’. In smaller letters under it, it reads ‘What is truth?’, and in even smaller letters under that, it reads ‘ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISKEVEN IF IT’S THE ONLY WAY OUT.’ It does indeed seem the only way off the peninsula, so they go in.

Passengers on the FFF453, Flight 666:

1. Jaye Granger – Type 7:Time
2. Miles ‘Tails’ Prower – Type 6:Shape
3. Wilson – Type 9:Light
4. Paul ‘Techno’ Splitfire – Type 5:Size
5. Tyler McStaten – Type 10:Shadow
6. Matt – Type 1:Air
7. Mike Clastery – Type 8:Space
8. Jake Miller – Type 2:Fire
9. Theo Rodgers – Type 4:Earth
10. Duncan Steel – Type 3: Water

1. (squidward568)Matt – Air Manipulation
2. (gandalf5166)Jake – Fire Manipulation
3. Duncan – Water Manipulation Dead, Level 1.
4. (flashdeath30)Theo – Earth Manipulation
5. Paul – Size Manipulation Dead, Level 1.
6. (TTF12)Miles – Shape Manipulation
7. (FlameFlight)Jaye – Time Manipulation
8. (pludrpladr)Mike – Space Manipulation
9. (Fogfun)Wilson – Light Manipulation
10. Tyler – Shadow Manipulation Dead, Level 1.

The group has entered the cube. Above the torchlit doorway is a plaque.

Level 1 – Color

In this room, there are ten separate circles with different symbols inscribed on them. In no particular order they are: A burning coal, an infinity symbol, a blank circle, a blacked out circle, a piece of quartz, a gust of wind, a four-pointed star, a dodecahedron, a compass with arrows, and one with several smaller circles inscribed on it. Also, colored light streams from somewhere undetectable in the ceiling, but can’t quite be seen clearly.

Mission I. Figure out what to do in Level 1 and get it done!

Flag Post

[Reserved for relevant information.]

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

[300 posts!]
Miles
I go over to the dodecahedron circle, ready to transform into anything if the situation calls for it.

Flag Post

I think for a short moment.

“There are ten of them, ten of us. I think these each symbolize one of us. Let’s take care of the easier ones:

The coal: fire
The infinity symbol: time
The wind sign: Air

But I can’t be totally sure about the rest." I say confidently, breaking the silence.

Flag Post

Miles
“I think this one is mine because it’s a shape…the star is probably space, and if the quartz isn’t time then it has to be earth.”

Flag Post

I think aloud:
“What is up with the colored light coming from somewhere in the ceiling?”

Flag Post

“The blank circle is light. The filled in circle is dark. So that leaves the two compasses, as well as size and water.” I go stand on the coal, letting Paul and Duncan to figure theirs out by themselves.

Flag Post

I head over to the blank circle and stand in it.

Flag Post

I head to the “one with several smaller circles inscribed on it”.

Flag Post

Paul’s choice circle flashes red; Wilson’s, yellow. The others stood on so far all flash green.

Flag Post

Jaye
I stand on the infinity circle. I also tell Wilson, “Perhaps you should do something with the light there.”

Flag Post

[By the way…there’s only one compass symbol. The other only has smaller circles on it.]

Flag Post

Paul

“Anybody knows which circle should i stand on?”

Flag Post

Tails
“Try the compass. The arrows might pertain to a change in size.” Size and shape…the latter pertained to myself. I remember exactly how it went…

- Flashback

A young scientist names Jeremiah Lincoln stands in his laboratory. He’s about to undetake the last experiment of his normal life. He carefully removes the glowing orange crystal from inside the tube, then watches as the red liquid left from all the work gone into this experiment has produced. In about five minutes, it’s room temperature. Then he drinks it, and his whole life changes. First, this liquid tasts like raw power (not that he knows what that tases like). Second, there’s an electric feeling over some parts of him. Third, he seems to be transforming in those electrified areas…specifically the bottom of his back, where he can feel not one but two new appendages; and patches of fur in the other places. Also notable is that his ears, having been in an affected area, are now closer to the top of his head, and his eye color has changed from hazel to a shade of sky blue. Fourth, due to the physical strain of this change, he passes out. When he wakes up, he looks in a nearby mirror and sees the extent of what happened. Having drunk whatever he did, he became, in his natural form, a human-fox hybrid with flight cababilities due to the two tails. He also found that he is now a shapeshifter at will, and can use this effect on others. Strangely, though, he seems to not be able to become entirely human again. Jeremiah realizes he looks quite a bit like a recognisable character, and takes his name, as well as his charge, of doing good.

- End Flashback

It’s strange…I was just going to the head of the company I worked for to tell him what happened when I found myself here. I guess I’ll just do my best, though everyone else probably thinks I’m quite a freak of nature…

[I have GOT to get some sleep tonight. I wish I could be here longer, but my night time seems to be a rather inactive period.]

Flag Post

I try and get a better look at the light. “Maybe I’m quartz? I mean, if you put it into light, you get the whole rainbow thing.”

I decide to step into the quartz circle and see what happens.

Flag Post

Mike

I step into the star, to see what happens.

Flag Post

Matt
I look around. There is a gust of wind picture there.
“Guess that means me!” I grin and jump onto it, then use my air powers on it.
“This is what i think we should do. Stand on it, then use your powers.” I say, and use more wind energy.

Flag Post

Quartz flashes red, the star flashes green, and the wind flashes blue. Symbols begin to appear in the wall in front of Matt.

Flag Post

Mike

I lighten the gravity around me abit, and try to jump, sending me 3 feet in the air with ease.
“Hehe.” I say and teleport 9 feet above me still with lighter gravity, soaring down gentley.

Flag Post

Tails
I focus on putting my energy into the dodecahedron. Slowly, though, so I don’t get tired.

Flag Post

The star and dodecahedron also start to flash blue. Symbols begin coming out of the wall nearest their activants.

Flag Post

Matt
The signs glow.
“Wow!”