rpg mafia (game) day 1

44 posts

Flag Post

reserved for lock

Flag Post

hello everyone. ive been here for a few months and decided to make my own mafia.
however, theres a twist. almost everything in this game is stat-based. you start off with a random role, which has higher stats in certain areas, and from there you can level up your stats every time you do something good (e.g nightkill, vote off a mafia, pull a bandwagon, things like that) and improve them.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
alive:
1.gandalf
2.jaume
3.magik
4.gone
5.jittyot
6.soundfxman
7.silent sam
8.jimmy 4876
9.squidward568
10.tailsthefox12
11.dragonvy
12.flameflight

dead:
bclegends, night 1, killed by the mafia.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
role:mafioso
win situation: they outnumber the amount of villagers
special powers: they know the other mafiosos and have a high chance at killing a person.
experience gainer: successful nightkills, bandwagons (you must start the bandwagon, it doesnt count if you join it) saving other mafiosos
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
role: apprentice
win situation: all mafiosos are dead
special powers: no extra than anyone else. except they can upgrade any stat and gain the most experience
experience gainer: any good feat done (if anyone would like to give me some closer ideas, tell me.)
role:politician
win situation:all mafiosos are dead
special powers:exeptionally high diplomacy(there vote counts for more than others) and the ability to bribe people with experience to vote for others every day.
experience gainer: convincing others to vote for the same man as you (double if hes mafia (only counts if he dies))
role:rogue
win situation:all Mafioso’s are dead.
special powers: can steal someone’s wallet, and thus learn their identity
experience gainer: successful wallet stealing, and half the regular amount of experience for mafia kills.
role:priest
win situation:all Mafioso’s are dead.
special powers:can shield anyone, and thus save them from death.
experience gainer: successful sheilding of people (it doesnt matter whether they save them from death or not, they wont know they did)
more roles will be posted soon.

*thank you bclegends, for making this brilliant idea. *

Role: Contract Killer
Win Situation: Stay alive AND kill at least four people during the game.

Special Powers: At any time, someone may whisper the mod asking for the C.K. to kill a specific person, in exchange for a certain amount of their exp. The mod will whisper the C.K. telling him who has hired him, how much exp he will gain and who he has been hired to kill, and he will automatically kill the targeted person during the next/current night phase, depending on what time he is hired. However, the mod will post that the C.K. has been hired on the thread without telling anyone who is hiring and who is going to die. At this point, someone may outbid the current hirer with a whisper to the mod, offering higher exp amount than the previous one and asking the C.K. to kill a person of their choice.
Effectively, the C.K. is part of a bidding war – the highest bidder at the end of the night phase will get their kill in, and lose the amount of exp they offered, which the C.K. will gain. For all intents and purposes, a contract kill counts as a nightkill – if the kill fails, the C.K. and hirer only gain and lose respectively half the offered exp, and the attempted nightkill is not counted towards the total kills needed for the C.K. to win.
Experience Gainer: Contract killing (exp gained depends on how much is offered by the highest bidder at the end of the night phase).

thank you bclegends, for making this brilliant idea

Role: Light Mage/Dark Mage
Win Situation: All mafia members are dead/mafia outnumber townies (applies respectively).
Special Powers: These linked roles know which person is their opposite due to the magical presence, and can perform one of five actions each night. The first four are shared, and cannot be used two nights in a row:
1. They can protect themselves, defending themselves from any actions that may involve them during the night, such as night kills.
2. They can protect someone else, with the same results as before.
3. They can night kill somebody.
4. They can check somebody to see what side they’re on.
The last night action is only available to them if they are both still alive after three day phases. After this point, they can agree to announce to the mod that they are going to have a magical duel to the death which will leave everyone else in a coma, unable to perform any actions whatsoever. This lasts from the night phase the battle begins to the end of the next day phase. The winner of this battle depends on who has the highest of each stat – the mage with the highest number of higher stats will kill the other mage, and gets the only vote of that day, which will be whispered to the mod. However, the winning mage cannot use any of the four shared powers for two nights after the battle, thus leaving them vulnerable if someone knows who they are.
Experience Gainer: Successful protections to themselves or to others and successful night kills (med exp), successful side checks (low exp), defeating the opposing Mage (v. high exp).
(in case you were wondering why my posts are more organised, im learning html in computers)

once again, thanks for the role bclegends

Role: Insidious Lifeform

Win Situation: All other players are dead OR get lynched by the village.
Special Powers: One nightkill every night, and can persuade one person to vote for them every day by offering them experience. Nobody knows which person, if any, has been persuaded to vote for the I.L. until the end of the day (although it will be shown in vote counts if these are started by the OP), and they are not told if the I.L. has persuaded them if he does not get lynched.
Experience Gainer: Successful nightkills (med exp), successful persuasions (high exp; only counts if the I.L. is not lynched, for obvious reasons).

Flag Post

ill start this on night 1. (yes, im triple posting jit, but it doesnt count since its a forum game) whisper me what you want to do and confirm here.

Flag Post

Finally!

Flag Post

Good GAWD, that took forever to start.

Flag Post

Great! I’m glad it’s starting.

Flag Post

At least! I was thinking this will never start!

Flag Post

hey, im here almost every day, new haven never even started. cut me a little slack?

Flag Post

I am ready.

Flag Post

no worrys dude.

Flag Post

Oh, I’m ready, didn’t realize we were confirming XD.

Flag Post

Confirm and why would I care about your triple post itl just help your count

Flag Post

meh, its been long enough.

night 1

it was a dark night. bclegends was taking a walk, carrying his staff. he sensed that one of his friends needed help. however, little did he know, from afar, a strange marauder, was pulling the trigger, aiming the gun, and clicking the trigger. it took five minutes, and the agony of his screaming was impossibly awful, but when they came to see it, the deed was done, and the killer disappeared in the night. normally, they would have called the town priest to heal him, but, leaving his staff and holy ____ (insert religious symbol here), they knew, it was too late for the old priest. the town knew, they had a killer on the lose.

bc legends, a priest, has died. everyone start voting

Flag Post

Well, damn. That’s irony for you – I think up a whole bunch of roles for this game, and I don’t get to see any of them in action because I die on the first night…
Oh well. It happens. By the way, I’d suggest crossing out the names of people who have died and placing their roles next to the names, like I have in Serialistic.

Flag Post

well, dont blame me, blame the mafia. and for some reason my strikethroughs arent working. ill just change things real fast

Flag Post

shouldn’t it be day one since bc just got NK’d?

Flag Post

I was NK’d night one. I think that’s what he meant by that.

Flag Post

Is it day?

Flag Post

I would assume so. If so, I vote squidward. No reasoning, cause someone has to start off the voting. I know I usually put reasoning, but it’s not like there could be any reasoning this early in the day.

Flag Post

yes, of course it is day.

Flag Post

Ill bandwagon in. Vote Squid. Wouldnt it be funny if we got a mafia on our first try.
Edit: Happy now

Flag Post
Originally posted by jittyot:

Ill bandwagon in. Vot Squid. Wouldnt it be funny if we got a mafia on our first try.

you misspelled ‘vote’. i vote for gandalf
[EDIT] yes. I am quite pleased.

Flag Post

I vote gandalf.

Flag Post

I vote for Gandalf for Pres.

Flag Post

Voting gandalf for no reason. First day is always withbout any reason.