[CLOSED] {WINNER: sellyme} Jeopardy: Kong Edition

230 posts

Flag Post

GAME OVER. Congratulations sellyme!

Welcome to Jeopardy: Kong Edition. The game where you test your wits (or for some of you, search engines). Here are the rules below:

Rules
-Anybody (who is signed up) can post at anytime if they know the answer.

-If you have ever played or watched Jeopardy, all answers must be in the form of a question. I also would like you to post what category and $ value you want next. Regardless of getting it correct or incorrect. Here is how your post should look when answering:
I say: The third letter of the alphabet.

You reply: What is C?
I’ll take Math for $200.

I say: The current host of Wheel of Fortune.

You reply: Who is Pat Sajak?
I’ll take Reading for $500.

Answering

- You are allowed to answer more than once per question, but don’t just give me 5 wrong answers in a row to have a shot at the right answer. Give other players a chance, I want this to be a fair game.

-When posts for a Q&A is incorrect 5 consecutive times, I will move on to the next highest $ value of the same category, or the next category if there are none available.

-Time’s up: You have 24 hours to answer a question from the time I post it. If nobody gets the answer correct within that time, I will select the next category and $ value.

-Score: For each one you answer correctly, you get the $ value that was selected on the board.

-Daily Double: Get this right, and the $ value of what was selected doubles and adds to your points! Get the daily double wrong, and I subtract half of what it is worth. Example: Daily double is worth $2000, I will subtract $1000.

-Rounds – When a board is clear, that is the end of the round. When a new round starts, the categories will be placed here on this first post. As well as the recent post of this thread as a reminder.

Important Notes

- I will not subtract points for getting a question wrong. The only occasion this will happen is if you get the Daily Double incorrect.

- Some answers might not be easily found on search engines! Use your wits

- Editing posts is against the rules. If I see it, I’ll deduct your score by 2000 points. Even if you already have 0.

Got it? Good. Let’s begin!

Flag Post

Current Question:

GAME OVER

Final Player Rankings

1. sellyme – $7600

2. Guillem14 – $5700
….gandalf5166 – $5700

3. jittyot – $3600

4. JaumeBG – $2800

5. Marh – $1900

6. wizard96 – $1000

7. Flyingman_junior – No score
….walfordking – No score
….TimeStrike – No score
….FlameFlight – No score

Flag Post

Categories

Here are the categories for this round:

Music – None
Video Games – None
Sports – None
The Human Body – None
Random – None
Due to a limit in how much I can cross out, the questions that have been answered will be simply removed.

If a question goes 24 hours without any answer, or 24 hours pass between answers, I will choose the next available question. The Daily Double will stay available for 72 hours.

Flag Post

Uh…okay. I’ll play. I tried running a Jeopardy game on here, but it collapsed before it even left the ground.

Flag Post

Signed.

Flag Post

Just one question, I notice in the example, who hosted Wheel of Forture? The British version had several hosts, Are we only playing in the American version or British version?

Flag Post

That was just one of the examples I found, I will specify everything (English, American, etc) when I ask the questions.
Are you signing up?

Flag Post

Predictably, the advertisments at the top and botton are Jeopardy ads.

Flag Post

Yes sign me up.

Flag Post

Signed.

Flag Post

meh, alright

Flag Post

Alright, 5 players is good (considering they only have 3 on the TV show). If nobody else signs up in the next 24 hours or so, we will go ahead and start.
FYI, the first question is going to be Random for $100

Flag Post

I sign up.

Flag Post

I sign

Flag Post

Ill sign though i dont particaly enjoy quizes as its commonly the person who is online and has a seach engine at the ready who gets the points

Flag Post

i’ll try to take part of it

Flag Post

Sign me up.

Flag Post

woah marh’s playing

Flag Post

I’m in.

Flag Post

Wow, we have a lot more than I anticipated. Well, let’s go ahead and start.

The first question will be Random for $100. After you answer, please specify the next category and monetary amount you wish to answer. If you are correct, I will move on to the next category. If you are incorrect, the next person in line has a shot and I will move on to their category instead.
If the answer is incorrect 5 times in a row, I will move on to another question, and the current amount will be discarded.
Remember all answers must be in the form of a question, or they will be discarded.
Ready?
Random for $100: The first private university in the United States.

Flag Post

What is the university of Pennsylvania?
Video games for $300

Flag Post

Correct. While it is not the first university, it is the very first which was initially private.
Video Games for $300: The highest selling game console of all time.

Flag Post

What is the Playstation 2?

Flag Post

Correct. The PS2 has sold over 160 million units worldwide.

Please remember to pick another question next time. I’ll move on to the next one available.
Video Games for $400: The most sought-after gun in GoldenEye 007 for the N64.

Flag Post

What is the golden gun?
video games for $500