Bartok(card game)(Silent's turn)(signups open)

145 posts

Flag Post
<reserved>

Flag Post

Okay, this is a card game that starts off like uno. WARNING: THIS GAME IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!!!! Winning is not meant to be some great honor. Quite probably, the person who wins will win for an extraordinarily stupid reason. Quite probably many people will lose for extraordinarily stupid reasons. This is the point of the game.
BASIC GAMEPLAY
You have seven cards at start. One card starts off in the middle. Say that card is a two of hearts. The first player can then play any hearts card, or any two. If it was a queen of spades, you could play any spades card, or any queen. Gameplay continues in this manner until one player gets down to one card.
PENALTIES
When he makes a move that causes him to have only one card, he MUST say bartok. Otherwise he will receive a penalty. Other actions that invoke penalties are: Illegal moves, out of turn moves, grossly incorrect grammar(there is a reason for this, it has to do with the last penalty), accusing another player of violating the rules when he has in fact not, and asking questions of any kind, game-related or not. If you can manage to ask the question without using a question mark, then you will not be penalized. I will not moderate penalties. Penalties must be brought up by another player, with the exception of incorrect accusations. I will give you a penalty if you incorrectly accuse someone, regardless of whether anyone else accuses you. Revealing information about the rules aside from “That’s illegal” will get you a three turn kick. If a card is deemed illegal, then it will be returned to the player’s hand, but will still be considered the active card. Example: A queen of spades is played by Jim. Billy plays a seven of hearts. Jim calls him out for violating the rules. The seven will be returned to Billy’s hand, but the next person will have to play as if Billy’s card was still there. Now, you’re probably wondering what happens when you get a penalty. At the start of the game, all penalties will result in the drawing of a card. You win by getting rid of all your cards, so this is not good.
WINNING A ROUND
Now, here comes the FUN part of the game. When you win a round by playing your last card, you will PM me a rule that you wish to be added to the game. these rules can be serious(Every time a seven is played, reverse turn order) or ridiculously stupid(If a nine is played after a six, then you must post a thread in off-topic telling everybody on kongregate that you are gay.). I don’t care. The rules don’t even have to be triggered by the way people play. They can be as out of context as “Every time the word ‘cheese’ is said, everybody playing must give a card to their right-hand neighbor.” These rules will then be PMed to anyone who is playing AT THE TIME THAT THE RULES ARE MADE. Anyone who joins later will not know the rules. They will have to figure them out through trial and error. And yes, that will be frustrating, but once again, that’s the point of the game.
MISCELLANEOUS
This is for the stuff that I couldn’t decide where I wanted it put. If a player does not play a card for 24 hours, his turn will be skipped, he will draw a card, and he will be shouted. If this happens three times, he will be booted. Once a player is booted, he can come back into the game at any time he wants. If this game goes on long enough, there may be a point where the rules are so complicated that it is literally impossible to win the game. At this point, we will start over from the beginning with only the rules in this post. We will be playing six people to a deck. Everyone will be playing at the same table, but once the seventh person joins, another deck will be added.

Flag Post

RULES UPDATES:
6/4 2:41 CST: I will PM you your hands and I will be using a virtual deck.
6/4 2:56 CST: New rules can in fact alter the rules in the post above. For example, they could make the penalty for asking questions drawing three cards instead of one. Even the most fundamental things about the game could be changed. So if you join after the first round, then don’t take any of it for granted.
6/4 3:41 CST Not really a rule, but out of context conversation is not only allowed, it is encouraged, as many of the rules might have to do with things that are said by the players.

Flag Post

Players
1.SilentSam
2.Guillem14
3.Minnakht
4.jittyot
5.JaumeBG
6.wizard96
7.PhoenixW
8.Mebomb

Flag Post

ROUND INFO:
Round one:
Time: 6/4-?
Winner: ?

Flag Post

The game will start as soon as we have two people, and anyone can join at any time they wish.

Flag Post

Ill sign. So we just make up what card we want to play, or are you going to PM those to us.

Flag Post

You’re in, and I’ll PM you your hand. And I’ll be working with a virtual deck, so I won’t have Minnakht’s problems.

Flag Post

i think i’ll join too, let’s see what happens XD
EDIT: keep in mind that i’m in GMT+2, so maybe i’ll have to leave before other players

Flag Post

Okay, I’ll start as soon as I get my deck in order.

Flag Post

And the game starts….. NOW!!!!! Remember, anybody can join in whenever they want.

Flag Post

so we’re supposed to play here, but we don’t know what’s the starting card…
Also, SilentSam plays first
EDIT: waiting for the first move…

Flag Post

Ah, forgot about that. Starting card is: Four of Hearts!

Flag Post

Actually, just for the sake of getting the game started, whichever one of you posts first can go first.

Flag Post

King of Hearts

Flag Post

King of Diamonds

Flag Post

Jack of Diamonds

Flag Post

King of Spades
(I’ve got to go, I’ll do my next move in a couple of hours or so)
EDIT: fix’s

Flag Post

Guillem, it’s of spades, but w/e.

Flag Post

Swords? I do not understand what suit that is, unless its supposed to be Spades, in which case thats illegal. I revoke!

Seven of Clubs

Flag Post

It is meant to be spades, and your accusation is correct. Therefore, his card will be returned to his hand, and he will draw a card. However, you still have to play on it(This is in case people play on top of a card, and after two or three people play on it, it gets revoked, so we won’t have to go back).

Flag Post

I know. I still use my seven of clubs. I’ll just put it back in my hand then.

Flag Post

Also, out of context conversation is not only allowed, it is encouraged, as many of the rules might have to do with things that are said by the players. So go ahead and treat this like a chatroom if you want.

Flag Post

Hey could I join

Flag Post

Yeah, one sec and I’ll send you a hand, you’ll go after Guillem.