[CLOSED] {WINNER: sellyme}Jeopardy: Music Edition

246 posts

Flag Post

GAME OVER

Welcome to Jeopardy: Music Edition. The game where you test your wits (or for some of you, search engines). Here are the rules below:

Rules
-Anybody (who is signed up) can post at anytime if they know the answer.

-If you have ever played or watched Jeopardy, all answers must be in the form of a question. I also would like you to post what category and $ value you want next. Regardless of getting it correct or incorrect. Here is how your post should look when answering:
I say: The third letter of the alphabet.

You reply: What is C?
I’ll take Math for $200.

I say: The current host of Wheel of Fortune.

You reply: Who is Pat Sajak?
I’ll take Reading for $500.

Answering

- Contrary to the last Jeopardy game I hosted, you are not allowed to answer more than once per question. This will make it fair for other players. I will disregard all answers after your first one if you answer a single question multiple times.

-When posts for a Q&A are incorrect 5 consecutive times, I will move on to the next highest $ value of the same category, or the next category if there are none available.

-Time’s up: You have 24 hours to answer a question from the time I post it. If nobody gets the answer correct within that time, I will discard the question select the next category and $ value.

-Score: For each one you answer correctly, you get the $ value that was selected on the board.
NEW RULE: For each one you answer incorrectly, I will subtract the amount it is worth. Once again, this will make it fair to others.

-Daily Double: Get this right, and the $ value of what was selected doubles and adds to your points! Get the daily double wrong, and I subtract half of what it is worth. Example: Daily double is worth $2000, I will subtract $1000.

-Rounds – When a board is clear, that is the end of the round. When a new round starts, the categories will be placed here on this first (or third) post. As well as the recent post of this thread as a reminder.

Important Notes

- I will subtract points for getting a question wrong equal to the cash value of the question. The only occasion this will differ is if you get the Daily Double incorrect, in which case I will subtract half of the cash value.

- Some answers might not be easily found on search engines! Use your wits

- Editing posts is against the rules. If I see it, I’ll deduct your score by 2000 points. Even if you already have 0.

- Remember, you are only allowed to answer ONCE per question, to make it fair for other players. 5 incorrect answers in a row will end the current question.

Got it? Good. Let’s begin!

Flag Post

Current Question:

GAME OVER

Final Rankings

1. sellyme – $7100
2. Marh – $6100
3. gandalf5166 – $3800
4. JaumeBG – $2800
5. King_Matt – $1700
6. wecannotdo – $1000
7. Smackaine – $600
8. AddPeople
… Guillem14
… nickbaker50
… squidward568
… 3l3tric
XYTWO
9. walfordking – DISQUALIFIED

Flag Post

Categories

GAME OVER
Due to a limit in how much I can cross out, the questions that have been answered will be simply removed.

If a question goes 24 hours without any answer, I will choose the next available question. The Daily Double will stay available for 72 hours.

Wall of Fame

These are the past winners for all of my Jeopardy games!

Jeopardy: Kong Edition- sellyme
Jeopardy: Music Edition- sellyme

Flag Post

Once again, sign me up. :)

Oh, and I’m happy you decided to choose music. I just hope I’m on enough tomorrow to get more of the questions.

Edit:

Also, how many of these are you planning?

Flag Post

Sign me up!

Oh, and Hi Marh!

Flag Post

Don’t worry Marh, I am going to try to make this one last longer. And it has a second round too.

And I plan to make at least one more after this, but if people are still interested I will keep going.
Ill go until I get tired of dealing with it lol. But rest assured there will be more.

Flag Post

Don’t I get auto-in??

Flag Post

No. But I’ll take that as a “Sign me up” lol

Flag Post

/in.

Flag Post

sign!

Flag Post

@Hallucent, You said in the previous thread anyone who played could get auto in if they wanted. Kind of a moot point by now, but still.

Flag Post

Yeah but I mean you weren’t “automatically” in. You at least had to come and sign up, is what I meant.
If we are full, the previous players will have first dibs

Flag Post

sign

Flag Post

Sign!

Flag Post

I wanna come!

Flag Post

Hmm, two signees within 5 minutes that both have less than 5 posts.. As long as you two are legit, fine by me.
Just please dont waste my time by only being here to take up space and rob other people from playing.

Flag Post

Allow some Replacements, so if they don’t post within say 12 hours, other people can come in.

Flag Post

Make it 24 hours because off different time zones. Last time it was American time only. When you played it last time, I was sleeping.

I don’t know much about music, but I’ll give it a go. Only if you do all the time zones around the world. Remember I’m in UK GMT. NOT AMERICAN TIME!

Flag Post

meh wanna join again! pleeease! (sobs)

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

Make it 24 hours because off different time zones. Last time it was American time only. When you played it last time, I was sleeping.

I don’t know much about music, but I’ll give it a go. Only if you do all the time zones around the world. Remember I’m in UK GMT. NOT AMERICAN TIME!

I live in Australia and ended up winning, so I don’t think it was American time much.

Flag Post

Well, while you were playing, I was in bed asleep and by UK’s morning, it was all over before I had chance to answer a question. So how fair is that?

If I had a chance to answer some questions, then I would have won.

Flag Post

95% of forum games are in US or Europe timezones. How fair is that to Oceania or Asia? It’s time you got a taste of your own medicine in my opinion.

Flag Post

LOL I’m from Europe and finished 2nd. in the last Edition.

Flag Post

When are you going to post the first question? Are you going to wait for 8 more people, or are you just trying to find a good question? Also, while I am new to the forum, I have been on Kong for a while (I lost my first account.)

Flag Post

Aw yes, do want! Sign me up please.