[Game] King of Kong Round 1 (locked)

100 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to King of Kong Beta! What do I mean by beta? Well, if this ends up going smoothly, I will make this into a full-on competition in the Kongregate forum. The winner of this will be crowned the King of Kong, but will not receive a prize (I plan on ‘giving away’ an avatar and a banner that shows you are the winner). So, how does this work you ask? Well, it would have been a first to x amount of points/elimination type of competition. However, due to the small amount of players, there will be no elimination. Instead, the ‘winners’ will receive a portion of the losers’ points (But the losers will still keep their points).

So the beta will be first to 60 points at the end of a week. You see, every week will be another ‘round’ in the competition. If you reach ninety points in one of the later rounds, you are still not a winner… You must have the highest score at the end of that week. For example, if you get 60 points early in the week, but then later on someone gets 61, come the end of the week, they win. If there is a tie at the end of the round after the 60 point mark, a final round will be initiated.

Now, on to the game. Because this is a beta, I will attempt to make each round a different style. For instance, round one is going to have 3 normal challenges as well as a bonus challenge, round 2 will be an elimination style round, etc.

Also, just a heads up, rounds will last 7 days with a 2 day break in between. During this two-day break will be a variety of other challenges, but I won’t mention those now, as they are a secret. They will test you ability in thing outside of playing flash games.

(Disclaimer: These rules are subject to change at any time, but I’ll let you know.)

So, without further ado, let the games begin!

Competitors:
1. Wizard96
2. Batzilla
3. JaumeBG
4. Minnakht
5. Gandalf5166
6. Superfastjelly
7. Viper11475
8. JoshDragon
9. SoundFXMan
10. Kingzak13
11. SilentSam
12. Sonicdude2
13. Wecannotdo
14. Sellyme
15. Pludrpladr
16. Squidward568
17. Fertenxxxgame

Flag Post

Current standings:

1. JoshDragon – (7)
1. Viper11475 – (7)
1. Pludrpladr – (7)
1. Fertenxxxgang -(7)
5. Glomple – (6)
5. SamsterSamster – (6)
7. Wizard96 – (4)
7. Sellyme – (4)
9. Sonicdude2 – (3)
10. JaumeBG – (2)
10. Kingzak13 – (2)
10. Gandalf5166 – (2)
13. SilentSam – (1)
13. Walfordking – (1)
13. Superfastjelly – (1)
13. Squidward568 – (1)
13. Minnakht – (1)
18. Slypickle – (0)
18. Jrtroubles – (0)
18. Jittyot – (0)

Flag Post

Round 1:

For this round, there will be 3 normal challenges and a bonus challenge. There will be an easy challenge, worth 1 point, a medium challenge, worth 2, and a hard challenge, worth 3. The bonus challenge will be a score-related one; in other words, those with the top three scores will receive 4 extra points.

Easy:
Complete the game.
Home Sheep Home

Medium:
Complete the game.
Babies Dream of Dead Worlds

Hard:
Complete the game with all chests. Take a picture of the ending to show this.
Quietus

Bonus:
Top 3 scores at the end of the round. NOTE: MUST BE IN CHALLENGE MODE!
Ghost Guidance

Bonus standings:
1. Josh – 3880
2. Glomple – 3555
3. Trouble – 3245

Flag Post

[Reserved]

Flag Post

Also, if you post here within the first 24 hours of this post, you get a free point!

Flag Post

Hi, I can’t do any challenges right now, but I want a point!

Flag Post

There you go.

Flag Post

arrggg you’ve mispelled my name..

Flag Post

Fixed, sorry. Also, you got your point.

Flag Post

…so we just get a point for posting here?

Flag Post

why did i get a point?

Flag Post

i don’t remember signing up.

Flag Post

extra ` point

Flag Post

Hi, I’ll take my point thanks. ;)

Flag Post

Flag Post

Do not use Body Ladder. It lags horribly after about 75,000 points and is impossible to play past 150,000 even on the best of computers.. Please change the final round. Oh, and I can has point?

Flag Post

Free point, please!

Easy

Flag Post

i am here

give me a point

will begin work later

Flag Post

I’m here so I want my point.

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Scores updated!

Also, to answer a few comments:

Originally posted by SilentSam:

…so we just get a point for posting here?

Originally posted by fertenxxxgang:

why did i get a point?

Yes, it’s explained at the beginning. If you post within 24 hours of my sixth post, you get a point. Any later and you don’t.

Originally posted by superfastjelly:

i don’t remember signing up.

Well, you did. Do you still want to play?

Originally posted by sellyme:

Do not use Body Ladder. It lags horribly after about 75,000 points and is impossible to play past 150,000 even on the best of computers.. Please change the final round. Oh, and I can has point?

Haven’t played it in a while, but I’ll take your word for it. In that case, lemme just go find another shooter for you guys to compete on.

Flag Post

point plox too
also: shouldn’t I have 3 points + this so 4 points?

Flag Post

Yes, you do now.

[I know you simply edited that post… I saw you playing BDoDW earlier.]

Flag Post

Uh….. I need help. I’m not very good at games!