CYOC, closing speech at last page. Players please read. (locked)

226 posts

Flag Post

There are a few rules.
1. Do not post if you have not submitted your birth certificate. If you are not on the player roster within 36 hours, leave me a shout. Even I filled out a birth certificate.
2. Follow the guidelines on the birth certificate. If you wish to copy and paste the certificate (which I suggest) and replace the guidelines with your answer, do so, but still follow the guidelines.
3. Do not get mad at people for spelling errors or mixing it up a bit. on the version of this on another site, i had a gunfight with a cop, killed my own polar bear who was accused of mauling someone, hand a super intelligent dog, and broke out of jail. So don’t be afraid to mix it up.
4. Don’t cheat or godmode. Now the stuff above seems crazy, but don’t do anything impossible. The dog really only pushed a button and dragged furniture, and we lived in the arctic, which explains the polar bear.
5. If someone says something is secret even though they posted it, keep it that way. Anything in slashes /like this/ is secret.
6. Do not start off too powerful. We come with no house, just food, supplies to build a house, a tent, money, fire wood, and other items we have of personal value.
7. Calculate your money. Whenever there is a transaction between you and another player, (as that is the only way transactions are to be made) do the math and state how much money you have after. (do not do the math on the forum post. just state the answer)
8. You can make time faster than it really is. Just dont do thinks in unrealistic times, like, I cut down trees, lay down my foundation, and build for 1 hour, making my entire mansion. That is unrealistic. Also, mansions aren’t allowed as they are too time consuming and stall the game. Also, you may only work for 5 hours a post. Try not to chain post, and if you are going away and wont be back for more than 36 hours, say so, and I’ll mark you as away on the roster. If someone is away, they may not be interacted with, and no transactions with their character may be made.
9. You can find many interesting things, but not things that are impossible. Like, you cant search the seeming empty field behind your house and find an instant mansion. Also, you may not find money or any starting items.

Flag Post

Birth Certificate
First Name:(does not need to be account name)
Last Name:
Pet:(optional)
Personal objects:(one required)
Age:(18 or up, may be fake age. Ex: Real age 74, this age 18)
Bio:(optional)
Money:($2,000-$6,000 to start with)
Profession:(Does not determine what business you open, that is completely up to you.
Birthday: (just month and day)
Gender:(if you don’t know what this means, you might not want to play this fairly confusing game)

Not part of certificate
Upon move, you will have a tent, axe, fire wood (2 fires worth), a sleeping bag, food (enough for 6 meals for you and you pet), an ice fishing rood, 8 worms as bait, supplies to make your homes foundation, a lighter, money (stated above), and a small storage crate. If I’m missing any vital items let me know. It is suggested you start a business, either from your house or another structure constructed by you or someone else. (you must have permission to use structure made by someone else)

We are in northern Canada, surrounded by thick forest and a stream that is always frozen. There are also many elk. Enjoy!

NEW! You also start with a single shot rifle with 20 bullets, (for hunting) and a Barretta and 5 clips for self defense. (Or epic moments)

NEW! You now start with a pick axe or mine in the mountains in the north for. The ore only makes metal. You can also find other handy things mining. (like glass)

Flag Post

If you sign up, please be fairly active.
Yes, there are more than 10 spots.
Player Roster:
1. Rosate (Ros Leclerc)
2. Helkaine (Thomas Keeper) away
3. laner275 (Leon Yggdras) away
4. Magik68 (Paul Splitfire)
5. Dman 18 (Mau Maice)
6. Sempermeture (Randy Weston) away
7. Cocoapuff310 (Cocoa Puff) away
8. kashuushian1542 (Cash Komini)

Flag Post

Birth Certificate
First Name: Ros
Last Name: Leclerc
Pet: Polar bear, named James.
Personal objects: Crystal vase passed on for 100 years.
Bio: Finding the government judicial system unjust, he moved to canada to start a new settlement with a law of its own. The founder of the town (name to be voted upon) and main law enforcer untill someone wishes to be a cop as a carrer.
Money: $4,000
Profession: Furniture maker.
Birthday: 11/17

Flag Post

I begin to lay down my foundation. I work for 2 hours, getting half of my 8×12ft brick foundation finished. I then cut down trees for 1 hour, getting 10 of the 30 logs needed for my cabin. I then feed james, eat, and go to sleep.

Flag Post

First Name:Joey
Last Name:Quiver
Pet:Parrot named sparky
Personal objects:Ancient book (Partly faded)
Bio:He was one who was…diffrent. Always dressing odd or doing things weirdly. After he finnished collage he set out to live the world,his way.
Money:3071$
Profession:Inventor

Flag Post

I set up the tent,then look for seeds and plants to feed Sparky. after that I lay down some bricks to make a 9×9 brick square. I eat,then scount around to find…( is this like post & responce or…what?)

Flag Post

First Name: Jaye
Last Name: Granger
Pet: A wolf, who I have named Chris.
Personal objects: Crystal hourglass, camera with solar battery.
Bio: Jaye always stood out from the average person, perhaps most so in that he was always making sure that he did not follow the status quo. He has many moods and claims to have different personalitites, personified by the moods. This isn’t entirely accurate, but suffice to say, he’s slightly unstable and can be quite a rouge. Give him a duty which he believes in, though, and he’ll defend it as long as he can.
Money: $4,901
Profession: Photographer. (Has also learned some things in the ways of temporal science.)

Also, after more was added:

Birthday: 1/27

Flag Post
Novusoes Town Bulliten Board. This is the new town bulliten board, used to announce town projects, (such as building something for the community)important info, or important dates. (Such as your birthday) If you wish for anything to be added, please say so. 1. This Just in! Bart, falcon of Thomas keeper, has made a full recovery 2.The town hospital is now open for... healing. Me and an undisclosed partner have developed medicines and ways to make crutches and cast. Pharmacy meds: Flu medicine stomach ache medicine internal cleansing (induces vomiting) Allergy medicine Cold medicine 3. Leon Yggdras is the new town banker. The town bank is not in charge of actually storing money, but posting the latest stall stocks (instituting changes after last stall stock post) and tell how much money each person has. I often lose track of money and now I will never be at a loss when thinking about how much money I have. 4. We need a medic to run the hospital. If anyone wants to be a medic for the hospital, please say so. 5. Jaye Granger is holding a public digging project soon. Please join. Bring your own supplies. 6. I have decided we will change the purpose of the court to another facility. I apologize to Thomas Keeper, who worked to crate it, but I started this town to escape the law system, especially the judicial system. Thomas Keeper and I will decide what the building will be used for. _________________________________________________________________________________________________ Novusoes Market Stalls Here I post the current status of each of the market stalls and their tenants. Each market stall is free, but it must be avalable if you wish to open business. All residents living here at the time of this sheet being posted will have one reserved for them if they wish to use it. If you wish to use a stall, say so. All stalls are first come first serve. These stalls are only to be used as stores. Any violators will be banned from use of stalls and must pay a fine of $200 to the highest ranking law enforcement officer at the time. Stall 1. Status: Complete and re-enforced. Tenant: Ros Leclerc Business: Hunting store Stall 2. Status: Complete and re-enforced. Tenant: Alan McMillan Business: Stall 3. Status: Complete and re-enforced. Tenant: Jaye Granger Business: Stall 4. Status: Complete and re-enforced. Tenant: Thomas Keeper Business: Store Stall 5. Status: Complete and re-enforced. Tenant: Paul Splitfire Business: Stall 6. Status: Complete and re-enforced. Tenant: Mau Maice Business: Cafe Stall 7. Status: Complete and re-enforced. Tenant: Business: Stall 8. Status: Complete and re-enforced. Tenant: Business: Stall 9. Status: Complete and re-enforced. Tenant: Business: Stall 10. Status: Complete and re-enforced. Tenant: Business: ______________________________________________________________________________________ Town Building list This list contains all town buildings, who owns them, what type of building they are, and where they are. (ect, market place(public building) thin woods(normal house/ business run at property) this list does not include market stalls. Novusoes Town Hall Status: Complete Building type: Public Owner: Town Place: Marketplace Uses: Can be used to complain to the authorities, and doubles as jail and police HQ. Ros Leclerc's house Status: Complete and re-enforced Building type: Residential Owner: Ros Leclerc Place: Thin woods Uses: Ros Leclerc lives here. Jaye Granger's house Status: Camplete and re-enforced Building type: Residential Owner: Jaye Granger Place: Thin woods Uses: Jaye Granger lives here Novusoes Smith Status: Complete and re-enforced Building type: Public Owner: Town Place: Marketplace Uses: Can be used to turn ore into metal, and metal into various metal objects or tools. Thomas Keeper's house Status: Complete and re-enforced Building type: Residential Owner: Thomas Keeper Place: Thin woods Uses: Thomas Keeper lives here. Novusoes Hospital Status: Complete and re-enforced Building type: Public Owner: Town Place: Marketplace Uses: Administers medicine and nurses the sick back to health. Paul Splitfire's house Status:Complete and re-enforced Building type: Residence Owner: John splitfire Place; thin woods Uses: John Splitfire lives here. Alan McMillan's house Status: Complete and re-enforced Building type: Residence Owner: Alan McMillan Place: Thin woods Uses: Alan McMillan lives here Mau Maice's house Status: Complete Building type: Residential Owner: Mau Maice Place: Thin woods Uses: Mau Maice lives here. Leon Yggdras's house Status: Complete Building type: Residential Owner: Leon Yggdras Place: Thin woods Uses: Leon Yggdras lives here Not Decided Status: Complete Building type: Public Owner: Town Place: marketplace Uses: Not decided ______________________________________________________________________________________ Novusoes Town officials Here I keep track of who important people in the government are. Also, I have decided on a form of government. I would have chosen a democracy, but then the winners think the public doesn't care what he does. So I have chosen something like monarchy. Each mayor is in office for 2 months. In those 2 months, he judges people to be the next mayor. someone must have been a resident for a month to be chosen. Then, the mayor chooses who he thinks should be the next mayor. You may not choose yourself to0 be mayor. Mayor: Reid Leclerc Police chief: Jaye Granger Hospital medic: none Town banker: Leon Yggdras ______________________________________________________________________________________ Advertising Here, you can advertise your business. Just ask for your business to be advertised, tell me what your business is, what services it includes, and i'll advertise it for you here. *The General Store*(c) Everything from fur clothing to Hearty Moose Meals, Thomas Keeper’s General Store has everything you’ll need for anything. Hunting Knifes (Hunting Knifes are standardized), Medicine, Steel, Lighters, Clothing, Paper, Candles, and much, much more. Odd’s and End’s at such low prices It’s like your making money off it. For 50% your next purchase of 75$ or more, give this promo code to me as you buy your items. Promo code: B5I6B9S7AL34E (Promo code may only be used once, 5 wrong guess’s of code may result in ban from further promotions, although not from store.) So come on over, and get you’re supplies at Thomas Keepers General store! (Shoplifting, stealing, or any form of Illegal behavior may result in suspension from the store, and a fine of 200$ or a week in jail. Less than 35$ is in the cash register at night. All rights reserved)(ThomasKeeper’sGeneralStore(c)2010) Ros's Hunting Shack (c) Seeing as just arranging to do construction from my stall was a waste, I have opened Ros's Hunting Shack. We sell specialized hunting items to the public. The prices are a tad higher than average hunting supplies, but these have better performance guaranteed! So if you want specialized items to maximize effectiveness, come to Ros's Hunting Shack! (Ros's Hunting Shack (c) has a copyright (c) on specialized hunting items. All violators will be forced to give all specialized items to Ros's Hunting Shack and be put in jail. Specialized items give an effect to get more in less time, or the opposite to save people money.) Paul’s Circuitry Conjunction (c) Here you can get circuits, both basic and advanced, and the occasional computer at a reasonable price. You can also get certain metals and alloys if you are busy and don’t have time to mine. (Paul's Circuitry Conjunction (c) has a copyright (c) on all circuitry and electronic items in his store. all violators will be forced to give all circuitry and electronic wares sold here to Paul's Circuitry Conjunction (c) and be put in jail) Maice Diner (c) Freshly served food and drink (All food and recipe (c) Bartholomeu Maice and Maice Diner (c). All violaters will be forced to work at the Maice Diner for 10 hours at different intervals (1 hr per post) and sent to jail until the next day.) ______________________________________________________________________________________ Store stocks Here, I will update the stocks of stores in the marketplace whenever a change occours in stock. This only applies to the marketplace, so if you do business from home, don't expect anything posted here about your stock. Ros’s Hunting Shack stock: 10 multi-rifles, can hold 10 bullets at a time, raises amount of moose killed per hour by 1. $100 each 9 serated bayonets, gives rifles close quarters weapon. $5 each (fitting included) 100 slick rifle bullets, raises amount of moose killed per hour by 1. $5 for 10 bullets 9 C-knifes, ups fur per moose by 1 due to better cutting quality.(serated blade, balanced to work as a throwing knife, non-serated side for skinning) $10 5 AK-47's (Very powerful self defense weapon, holds 50 bullets) $200 1000 AK-47 bullets (Needed to use an AK-47, goes very fast.) $10 for 100 4 shotguns (Great self defense and +2 moose killed per hour when used, holds 5 bullets) $200 30 shotgun bullets (Needed to use shotgun/+1 moose killed per hour) $10 for 10 54 packs of 10 Aero-knives (Throwing knives, do not replace normal knife, +1 moose killed per hour) $15 per pack 15 Fox pistols (better discreet self defence than barreta, needed to use shooting range, which can only be used with wooden deadeye bullets, takes both clips and deadeye bullets) $50 30 5 bullet Pistol clips (used with barreta and Fox pistol) $5 300 deadeye bullets (used with Fox pistol in shooting range, takes 1 hour to use 50) $1 for 25 (yes, they suck that much, and there is overall shooting range charge and Fox pistol cost.) 30 bows (much cheaper than guns but harder to use, not affected by shooting range. -1moose/hr) $15 1000 arrows (needed to use bows) $1 for 10 30 Bow strings (in case your bow string breaks) $1 for 2 Thomas's General Store Stall stock. 6 Flint and steel lighters (Now 5$ each) 80 units of refined steel (10$ a unit) 35 Fire’s worth of firewood (15$/Unit) 500 bullets (6$ for 10 bullets/Rifle) 20 Uses worth of Allergy Medicine (25$ each) 13 Steel Hunting Knifes (30$ each) 78 Meals worth of Moose (8$ a Meal.) 34 gallons of milk (3$ a gallon) 4 Sets of fur clothing (100$ a set) 10 Fur blankets (15$ a blanket) 26 Candles (5$ each) 40 Packs of 50 Paper sheets (8$ each.) 21 Steel shovels (13$) 10 Viles of stomach-ache medicine (12$ each) 3 Small Portable Stoves (40$ each) /////~TEA~\\\\\ Regular …………….$2.00 Herbal Green Tea …$2.25 Sweet Tea ………..$2.50 Blueberry Tea ……..$2.75 Mau Special Tea ….$3.50 \\\\~FOOD~//// Moose Jerky ……….$1.00 for 10 pieces Sweet Moose Jerky $1.50 for 10 pieces Moose Ribs………….$4.00 Moose Burger……….$4.00 ///~SPECIALS~\\\ Mau Maice Special- Moose Burger or Ribs with Mau Special Tea……$6.00 ______________________________________________________________________________________ Laws Time to lay down the law! 1. No theft. Anyone caught stealing will be arrested or killed by certain individuals with licences to kill (depending on what and how much stolen) 2. No killing without licence and reason to kill. (Note, you can attempt to kill someone and go to jail, these are not game rules, just reasons you could go to jail. 3. No use of machine guns for hunting. 4. No selling copyrighted products or product types.

Flag Post

I cut trees for 2 hours, getting 20 logs. I then work for three hours, aided by james, who helped me gather matirials and let me get in 3 and 1 half hours of work in three hours. In that time i finish my house.

Flag Post

I eat, feed james, and cut logs for 4 and 1 half hours. I then have 45 logs, and build 1 thnth of the town building in half an hour. I then take a nap.

Flag Post

I cut logs for 1 hour, getting 10 logs, and build for 1 hour, finishing stall 1. I then use the other 3 hours to build more of the town hall.

Flag Post

I cut trees and build for 2 hours each, finishing 2 stalls. I then work on the town hall, having james help. I manage to finish the whole town hall. I have decided to stop working on the public projects. I alone have built the town hall and 3 stalls in the marketplace. Its time for someone else to finish them. I will announce citizen of the week on mondays.

Flag Post

I hunt and fish for 2 hours, using 2 bullets in my rifle and getting 6 meals for both me and my pet. I then cut wood for 1 hour and build for 1 hour, creating stall that is not a buissness stall. I then go out of town for half an hour, gathering old blocks of metal. I then create an anvil and start a small, controled fire which is contained in a way to amplify the heat to ten times the original heat. We can now create metal objects. I create a pick axe using a 2 leftover pieces of metal. I now have a pic axe. The other block will be uced as a hammer. I hope to go to the mountains to the north and find ore I can make into metals. I hope to produce enough metal to give all newcomers and our curent citicens pick axes.
To recap, I have: A tent, 4 meals for me and my pet, fire wood for 2 fires, 6 uncooked meals for me and my pet, a tent, a sleeping bag, a lighter, and axe, a pick axe, a rifle with 18 bullets, and ice fishing pole, a pistol with 5 clips, 8 bait worms, $4,000, a small storage crate, and my family heirloom, a crystal vase.

Flag Post

I head north to the mountains and find ore to make metal with. This takes 2 hours. People now start with pick axes.
I make long metla bars, 12 medium sized and 4 large sized. I use the smallest ones to help support the market stalls at the corners, and the bigger ones to do the same to my house. this takes 1 hour. I then eat, feed james, and go to sleep.

PS: Please people, If you sign up, BE ACTIVE. Theres been noone but me here for the entire day.

Flag Post

I go into town to see the need for a town name,so I scribble ‘crozett’
I go back and scout the forest. I Look for some rocks,and find a nice sized one,and use my hatchet to smack away at the rock to make a few sparks (rock is flint) and give it an edge. After that I find a stick the right size to make a crude shovel.I go back and use any remaining bricks to make a firepit.I feed sparky With the seeds & berrys. I eat and go to sleep.

(also add a shovel!)

Flag Post

First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Keeper
Pet: Peregrine Falcon, named Bart.
Personal objects: Revolver, and a collection of old book’s that he read as a child.
Bio: A social outcast as a child. He spent most his childhood devoted to books, and getting good grades. At the age of 18 he went to college, and onto law. Unfortunately on his airplane ride to his hometown, to visit his mother, he suffered a terrible accident and was unable to complete law school. He has devoted the last year to being a merchant, but plans to go back and finish his law degree at a later time. Seeing this new town as an opportunity, to make the money to afford going back for his law degree, he moved here as soon as he found out about it.
Money: $4897
Profession: Merchant
Birthday: 5/17

Flag Post

(I recommend Carlette for a name, that or Novuspes, which is New Hope in latin)

Begin setting up foundation to house, take break halfway through, eat, and feed falcon. Spend next few hours, finishing foundation. Head out to forest spend around an hour cutting down 10 logs. Use logs to make a stall in town square where I will set up a store. Takes around an hour.

Flag Post

Welcome to town, Thomas. They call me Ros. I hope you find this place a good home. Remember to check the billboard for news, market stall statusis, political info, advertisements, and more. I’ve decided to reserve a stall for you, but the only ones avalible are’nt build yet. If you want to build it, it will take 2 hours, 1 to get the 10 logs you need, and 1 to actualy build it. These stalls are public, so if you decided you dont wanna use a stall anymore, and then all the stalls get taken, too bad. Also, I can build and reenforce your house. In the event of a blizard, you have a 50-50 chance of having your house destroyed. If its reenforced, then you dont need to worry. And remember, your pet can help you. Seeing as its a falcon, it can help you hunt.

Flag Post

I can build your whole entire house, logging included, for $450. For $500 I’ll reenforce it too. Be aware this is fore a 9×12 house, the standard size for the cabins we build out here. Whet do you say, is it a deal? Now that you have the foundation, it will cost $350 for standerd, $400 for enforced.

Flag Post

It’s a deal. I’ll have it reinforced as well.

Flag Post

I recomend Hope Duex, or Hope 2. Duex is 2 in french. We will now vote for the town name.

Flag Post

$4897 minus $400 equals $4697.
You have $4697
I have $4400
I work for 5 hours and finish and reenforce your house.

Flag Post

I vote 3

Flag Post

I vote for Idea three.

I after finishing my market stall, I head out to the forest and look for some flint rocks, for two hours. I find 10. I head over to the mountain, and I begin mining for some steel ore, for another two hours. I spend the next hour shaping the flint and steel ore in flint lighters. (After refining the steel of course.) I place them on one of my stalls shelfs, and I put up, a “Flint and Steel lighter” sign next to them. Pricing them at 2$ a piece.