[Game] The Puzzle Chain. (left for discussion) page 17

430 posts

Flag Post

Jake. Fast.

“Oh nothing we’re just trying to disable a giant computer that tried to kills us. Nothing special. Hey I just got an idea!” I say and throw him a SMG “Why don’t you help out?”

Flag Post

TP

THERmaL: “Oh, so another human, eh? Well, let’s do it!”

Some orange propulsion gel is pouring from the celling. Soon they close and leave the room completely (except THERmaL’s components) in the gel.

THERmaL: “Now some repulsion gel.”

And walls are painted in blue repulsion gel in a few seconds.

THERmaL: “Okay. Anihiliator cannons will appear in 10 minutes. Untill they appear, have fun with the gel.”

Heat grenades search progress: 25%

Computer:
THERmaL’s Core (AKA hardware): 4 996/5 000
THERmaL’s Shielding: 410 284/500 000
THERmaL’s Power Generator: 46 901/50 000

You:
Mike: 100/100, suit 2 954/3 000
James: 100/100, suit 2 954/3 000
Jake: 100/100, suit 2 954/3 000
Wilson: 100/100, no suit.

[Wilson, take suit from the armoury, else you will be too vurenable to bumps, crashes, bullets, rockets and other attacks.]

Flag Post

[Haha thats some gels from portal :D]

Jake. Fast.

“Dammit! THERmal, why do you wanna kill us?”

Flag Post

Mike Accurate
I continue desperately searching for heat grenades.

Flag Post

TP

THERmaL: “Such facilities were designed to lower the overpopulation of humans. You know, too much humans – too much pollution, energy drain and everything. But the project went wrong and these facilities instead of keeping human population at 20 000 000 000, exterminated human race to 800 000 000. And i do only what i was supposed to do. But with more fun. 8 minutes left.”

Mike slipped on propulsion gel, bounced from the wall and hit Jake while searching between dead robots.

Heat grenades search progress: 40%

Computer:

You:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mebomb:

Mike Accurate
I continue desperately searching for heat grenades.

Flag Post

Jake. Fast.

“Fuck where are those grenades?”

[I got silenced on my main]

Flag Post

[I’ve had a break from posting on kongregate. Sorry!]

TP

You stand a while on propulsion gel. You look on your hands and see a heat grenade sticked to your hand with propulsion gel.

THERmaL: “1 minute guys.”

Heat grenades search progress: 100%

Computer:

You:

Flag Post

Mike Accurate
I wipe off the gel from the grenade, take careful aim at the ventilation hole, pull the pin from the grenade and throw it into the ventilation hole.

Flag Post

TP

Last chance. Mike threw a grenade t the ventilation hole. You can hear the grenade hits few metal parts. After a while, it starts to heat. After few seconds, it is sooo hot that THERmaL literally melt into one big puddle.

Wait, why he didn’t said anything? Did he deleted himself and fled? Nobody knows.
Anyway, a large LCD screen appears and starts countdown. Oh no, the facility will blow up in 30 minutes!!!

Flag Post

James

“Everyone…I have an idea. It might not work but…it’s been nice knowing you.” I begin to hack the computer.

Flag Post

TP

You managed to call 5 one-person elevators. Through this took 15 minutes. You have 14 minutes and 38 seconds (3 days) to enter any free elevator and leave the facility before it will blow up.

Flag Post

Mike Accurate
I get to the elevators, but hesitate to enter them.
“What about everyone else?” I ask Jake, James and Wilson.

Flag Post

James

“I’ll leave, too. And hey, when we’re gone…maybe we’ll come together for dinner and a movie sometime, eh?”

Flag Post

[You two, guys are winners. Feel free to talk about the game or roleplay after 2 and half of a day.]

Flag Post

Okay, I actually liked the game, though I was dissapointed that only me, pludr and Sabin were the only ones actually playing. Like you said, I think it should have been puzzle heaven instead of a turn-based RPG style, thanks to most people not participating. Otherwise, I actually liked it.

Flag Post

I have run out of ideas quickly and i’ve had to finish it with that fight. I should make some puzzle rooms earlier, but i didn’t prepaired myself for the game. Saberpanda was supposed to be THERmaL, but he didn’t send me PM’s frequently and when i said that he can now post on thread, i’ve lost contact with him.

Also, people started to leave the game at page 2-3, before it changed to trash.

Flag Post
Originally posted by magik98:

I have run out of ideas quickly and i’ve had to finish it with that fight. I should make some puzzle rooms earlier, but i didn’t prepaired myself for the game. Saberpanda was supposed to be THERmaL, but he didn’t send me PM’s frequently and when i said that he can now post on thread, i’ve lost contact with him.

Also, people started to leave the game at page 2-3, before it changed to trash.

If you want an idea to make another game, you could make a game revolving around a large goal, like Upgrade. Although, to make the thread a lot messier, you could maybe have a signup with only 6 or 7 people allowed. If you take this idea, I’d like to reserve a spot. But I do agree that the only problem with the game was that later on, it turned into more turn-based RPG, as opposed to a puzzle game with some RPG elements, like the bosses in the 3D Zelda games.

Flag Post

I was thinking about mining, about space travelling, well i’ve had lots of ideas.

Mining would not be VERY difficult, but will need some time due to drawing ground, players and minerals.

Space travelling would be eighter 6 players in one ship or each player in their own one.

That first type would be something like Wasteland, but much easier for both players and me. Everybody will have to choose what planet you will land on, where to go next, who will pet the cat (lol) and what to buy in the shop.]

Second type is something like:
Person1: I fly to Neveria.
Person2: I fly to Neveria and ask Person1 if he wants to trade.

Flag Post

Hey, I came over here to see if it was over, and sadly it was. Sorry I didn’t post, I had a camping trip that I really didn’t even know was coming. Well I would like to say good job to the winners and Thanks to Magik for such a good game.

Flag Post

I still wait for others (not those who are Disqualified) to finish this. They have 1 day to do so.

Flag Post
Originally posted by magik98:

I was thinking about mining, about space travelling, well i’ve had lots of ideas.

Mining would not be VERY difficult, but will need some time due to drawing ground, players and minerals.

Space travelling would be eighter 6 players in one ship or each player in their own one.

That first type would be something like Wasteland, but much easier for both players and me. Everybody will have to choose what planet you will land on, where to go next, who will pet the cat (lol) and what to buy in the shop.]

Second type is something like:
Person1: I fly to Neveria.
Person2: I fly to Neveria and ask Person1 if he wants to trade.

I actually like that. Personally, I would like a sandbox-like game like that.

Flag Post

Okay. The time’s over.

TP

Facility just blew up to pieces and left a giant crater in it’s place. Only Mike and James survived the explosion.

You look around and notice that there is no city around. Only scorched earth. No grass, no plants, no life.

Was that a good idea to go through the gate? Was that a wise thing to blow up the facility? Maybe you should die inside? Maybe you should reprogram THERmaL?

There is alot of questions without answer. Alot answers without questions. Will this puzzle ever be solved?

…You will know it in another part of this series…

Game oficially closed. Thread left for discussion and eventual roleplay.

Winners:

Sabin7 as an intelligent J ames M cCray
His awards:
Frequent man – Frequent posting
Mastermind – Win the game as an Intelligent
No clue for you – Win the game without any used clues
Can i reserve? – Reserve a slot for another game

Mebomb as an accurate M ike S triker
His awards:
Frequent man – Frequent posting
No crosshair required – Win the game as an Accurate
I luv you dart – Use dart more than twice
Quick, to the signups! – Be first, second or third in signup list

Flag Post

And with that, the last page of the story of James, Mike, and the others is over, and the story is officially over.
I’m actually waiting for yor next game. May I reserve a spot in the next game like Sabin did? Thanks _

Flag Post

Sure, you can reserve anytime you want.
I’ll open signups for Solar Quest tommorow.