[Game] The Puzzle Chain. (left for discussion) page 3

430 posts

Flag Post

TP

Mike (barely) hits the target, triggering system that pulls the glass up, letting contestants to pass.

???: “Good! I know it is hard to hit such a target, but after few repairs it’s distance system is broken.”

[Pass through the door.]

Flag Post

Mike
I first pick up a dart if available on the table (You never know) and then move through the door.

Flag Post

Jake C

I go through the door.

Flag Post

TP

Room 4: Strenght test SKIPPED

???: “This room was supposed to be part of the test, however as nobody is enough strong to pull the string, door is automatically opened. And not connected with this room, you can say bye bye to Jake Miller! He’d had plenty of time to wake up and enter the room.”

[Yes, Gandalf is disqualified. 72 hours is alot of time.]

Flag Post

I go through the door and once I enter the next room I examine the dart.
“Hmm, nice design and… (touches tip of dart) ouch! Really sharp!”

Flag Post

TP

Room 5: Solve the puzzle.

?: “This is the first logic puzzle in this chain. One square – one letter.”
?
: “The letters are: d, e, e, h, n, o, o, o, p, r, t. Use the dart as pointer to the touchpad.”

Figure out what’s the password.

Flag Post

Mike
I place the dart next to the touchpad and then start to think of the puzzle…
Note Dor Ehro?
Roet Dro Oerh?
“I don’t see it…”

Flag Post

TP

???: "This is possible. Here, have this clue: O_ _ _ (First word) T _ _ (second word) D _ _ _ (last word).

Flag Post

Jaye
“You don’t get it? Really?” Maybe it’s due to my advanced intelligence, though I’m fairly certain it’s not that hard regardless…I take the dart, and using it with the touchpad, align the letters to ‘Open The Door’.

Flag Post

Jake C

“That was easy” I say and open the door.

Flag Post

James M

“Well, hopefully we’ll have something a BIT more challenging, it’s been awhile since I’ve done anything I’ve found difficult. Also, I’m compiling all our events here and will be publishing a book on them, probably titled Of Comrades and Complications. I’ll make sure to get all of your names later on, so I’ll know whom I should put on the dedication page, not to mention the names of the characters themselves.”

Flag Post

[Damn, I’m disqualified? I went camping with my friend.]

Flag Post

Jake C

“So what now?”

Flag Post

[@gandalf5166 If you would post that you went camping then i would create especially for you a small event. But you didn’t, so i didn’t knew you will play.]

Room 6: Buttons and Companion cube.

???: "This is a bit portal-themed level. You can see Companion Cube, created especially for this level. First button triggers platform that will lift you to the button on the wall, that will trigger another platform and so on untill the last one that requires holding it a while so it will lock and open the door. Sounds easy? Well, you have to hold platform button still so the next platform will lift. If you release the button, platform will go back to the floor. You need at least two persons and cube to pass this level. When door button will lock up, just release all buttons and go to the next level. You can also take the Companion Cube with you =) "

Flag Post

James M

I stand where the first platform will lift, and toss the companion cube on the first button.

Flag Post

(I actually knew the answer to the code puzzle, but I wanted someone who specializes in intellgence to answer it)
Mike
I don’t really get it, but I go to the second platform and stand on the second button.
From what I get from the instructions, it goes like this:
First platform lifts, which lets you get to the first button, which lifts the second platform etc.

Flag Post

Jake C

I go to the 3rd platform and press the button.

“Oh by the way. I WANT THE COMPANION CUBE!”

Flag Post

James M

“No, we can’t do that. It’s obvious that the master computer is using psychological warfare. He wants us to begin to grow attached to the cube, then will make a puzzle where we must…kill it.”

Flag Post

TP

???: “No, i’m not like GLaDOS. Sorry. When i’ve had a short chat with her, i nearly exploded. Why? Because that bitch overrided my mainframe and tried to blew my processor. I would die if not 6NAO cutted connection wires and shut down direct server that was one of the safety grids. Now i am more aware about that bunch of wires and shit. Geez. Sorry, i never acted like that. I must calm down, my RAM cards overheated and Emotion simulator malfunctioned a little. Here, have another Companion cube to free one platform and pass this level.”

Another Companion cube falls from the celling right on Clastery’s hands.

Flag Post

Mike
“Thanks for the cube, er…who are you anyway? You didn’t even introduce yourself. Anyway, Clastery, would you place the cube on the button?”

Flag Post

TP

???: “Oh, sorry about that. Humans call me THERmaL, it’s because my program isn’t fully developed and it has an annoying bug that breaks cooling system. Bots here call me simply Master computer.”

Flag Post

Jake C

“My… Preciouus.” I say. “Excuse me? What did you say? But there’s already a cube there?” I say and press the last button.

Flag Post

TP

The lamp above the door changes to green, means it let you pass.

THERmaL: “That’s what i call a true co-operation. Okay, just proceed to the next room, there you will have to think a little more.”

Room 7: Circutry, ladder kit and missing part.

THERmaL: “Now you’re on your own. Just a litle thing, that brown thing above you is ladder kit.”

Flag Post

[I did sign up…magik apparently ignored that, as far as I can tell.]

Jeremiah
Catching up to the group through a series of open doors, including one I had to pull a string to open, I look at what’s currently going on.

Flag Post

[Sorry for that, just i wasn’t watching Signups after i posted there. You are in game!]