[Game] The Puzzle Chain. (left for discussion) page 4

430 posts

Flag Post

Jake C

I go up the ladder, and stand on the edge of the lower platform. I turn around grab the upper platform and pull myself up. I throw the ladder kit down and start to examine the things on the wall.

“Hey take that yellow thing on thwe floor with you. It goes in the box thing”

Flag Post

Mike
I go in the room and hear Jake telling me to pick up the yellow item on the ground. I pick it up, then set up the ladder kit and then climb on the platform with Jake.
“Which one? The yellow box?”

Flag Post

James
I toss the companion cube at the ladder set, trying to knock it off.

Flag Post

Mike
“Hey, James, don’t knock it down, we already set it up, you want us to drop 20 feet when we’ll need to get off the platform?”

Flag Post

James

[Oops, I missed the bit about lower platform.]

“Don’t worry, I’m just trying to get the companion cube to the higher platform. After all, we can’t just shove everything into our pockets. Anyway, Mike, put the yellow box in the circuitry unit, and I’ll put this green spark plug into its’ corrosponding unit.”

Edit: Magik, it might be easier to put the current puzzle and action players have taken, to make things easier on all the players.

Flag Post

Mike
“Okay” I say before I put the yellow item in the circuitry unit, waiting for James to get up on the platform and do his part.

Flag Post

James

I finally climb up the ladder, and put the green spark plug into its socket. “Done, and done.” I say, and carefully climb down, carrying the companion cube on my back.

Flag Post

[@Sabin7 I know, i have to fill the room log in the first page.]

TP

Everything is working, but the light still doesn’t change it’s colour.

THERmaL: “Maybe you should use the computer (That green rectangle with light-green dot.) to access the door panel? And yeah, this one also has a touchpad.”

Flag Post

James

“Clearly, we need to use the same code as before. Open The Door!” I mutter to myself as I enter the password.

Flag Post

TP

Nothing.

Try bypassing the security. Maybe this will work.

Flag Post

James

“Well, I could just bypass the security lock…” I say, delighted that my computer coding classes have once again paid off, as I hack the system once again.

Flag Post

HACKING SYSTEM

Entering hack interface…

[Dots like below the lock can be moved to unlock/lock something, they can also trigger certain programs, or actions, like deleting codes, clearing data or turning on turret for example. Most common action in hacking grid.]

Flag Post

[Neat, an actual hacking interface.]

James

“Well, this is a rather simple lock. Let’s see, all I need to do to turn off the lock is alter the coding to move the positive dot to the opposite end of the code, and…Presto!”

Flag Post

[@Sabin7 I is based on Submachine 6: The edge. I liked it so much that i nearly copied the whole system =D. This one is one of the simpliest locking system, those in the last chambers will be really hard to crack.]

TP

THERmaL: “Really good job. Now, proceed to the next level. The first 10 are basic set, and the whole test will have around 40. Next level will be pretty dangerous, as there you will meet your first interactive enemy, turret.”

Flag Post

Okay then, I’ll lead the way, since disabling turrets, amoung with other things, is my specialty.

Flag Post

TP

Room 8: Turret madness.

Flag Post

Mike
I walk in, and notice some turrets on the upper platforms. I decide to throw the dart in the air between the platforms to see what happens. I obviously get out of the way after throwing the dart as to not get hit my it. After that, I examine the panel on the wall.

Flag Post

My reaction after taken one glance at this level: :( :( :(

James

I enter the room. I run up the ladder, holding the companion cube as a shield. I shout, “You all distract the rest of the cannons, I’ll hack into the system using this green access terminal!”

Flag Post

TP

As soon the dart enters turrets sight, it gets welcomed by, well, “ray” of bullets. The dart survived that attack and lands in front of the ladder. Pretty strong.

Fortunately, below the platform everybody is safe. Unfortunately, the door is locked and computer is close the turrets!

Mike examines the board. Few flying distraction bots are attached to it. Their hull is very, very strong and can survive alot of bullets and damage.

Flag Post

Mike
“So we only get 6 bots… this could be a tricky one. THERmaL, can you tell us, is there a way to disable the turrets?”

Flag Post

TP

THERmaL: “To disable the turrets. you need to reach the computer. But it’s guarded by turrets, so you need to distract them. And these distractor bots can take alot of damage 0and they have special algorithm that automatically changes the target priority on them.”

James got hit from bullet filled with sleeping liquid.

Flag Post

Mike
“Two more questions: How many turrets can one bot keep distracted? And am I fast enough to get to the computer and disable the turrets by myself? Or should I wait for someone faster than me?”

Flag Post

[I recognized the Submachine reference.]

Miles
“It’ll probably take another computer expert, if I had to guess…still, if where the bots go has to be carefully planned, I think it would you and myself who determined where.”

Flag Post

TP

THERmaL: “The turrets aims always the nearest target, but if these bots get deployed, they will always aim them, else there are more than one bot, they will aim the nearest one. And unfortunately, you’re not enough fast and skilled to hack and reach the computer.”

Flag Post

Mike
“Okay, we have a problem. We need someone skilled enough to hack the computer, but also someone fast enough to reach it. Anyone who is both fast and smart? Also, I might need some advice on the pattern in which we should release the bots so they keep them distracted, since there are 4 turrets and only 6 bots. If we had 8 bots, then I could release four (One for each turret), wait till they’re at breaking point, then release the other four to take over and give ourselves enough time to disable the turrets and open the door. And, er, how long does the sleeping liquid take effect?”