[Signups] Empire - America (locked)

63 posts

Flag Post

About the game

With help from Morrrr I'm starting the sequel to Empire. The sequel is the same as the first but of North and South America. In Empire - America you control a country in either North or South America and you must conquer the countries of the other players. The person who ends up controlling all the countries, wins.

Guidelines and basic rules

If you're new to Forum Games or don't want to be kicked out of Empire - America, you should first take a look at the Forum Games Q&A and the Forum Games Forum Guidelines.

What you need to conquer

You start off with 40 points. There are two main factors in the game which you can change with your forty points, which are these: • Armed Forces: The Armed Forces control your attack, the more Armed Forces you have, the more powerful you are. • Resources: Disasters occur in real life, well, they also occur in this game! The more Resource points you have, you'll be least afected by a disaster. Disasters occur in whole regions. For example, there's a hurricane in the Carribean, the country with least Resource points will lose.

Armed Forces vs Resources

You need Armed Forces to attack and Resources to defend yourself from disasters.

Who you can conquer

You can conquer the countries of the other players in this game. Only countries of players, not countries controlled by no-one.

War

When you're attacking a country, the country with most Armed Forces points will win. You can only be in one war a day. To announce that you are invading/going to war with another country, you post on the thread.

Points on Armed Forces and Resources

Remember you have 40 points to spend on both Armed Forces and Resources!

If you conquer a country

If you conquer a country, you'll gain 5 points, I'll automatically put these points on your Armed Forces, if you wish to change that, just whisper me. You can change your whole distribution of points every three days.

What happens with countries which aren't in the game

The closest countries to countries which haven't been chosen by any player will have their territory distributed more or less evenly between closeby countries.

Other

The more territory doesn't mean more power, the more Armed Forces and Resources mean power. Population isn't a factor in Empire - America!

Flag Post

Signups

List of people who have signed up and the countries they have chosen. You can no longer sign up.
1. sellyme – Canada
2. Fogfun – Brazil
3. Morrrr – Ecuador
4. Helkaine – Argentina
5. AbusedZebra – United States
6. sgtawesome16 – Costa Rica
7. commie_commander – Cuba
8. rokun – Jamaica
9. squidward568 – Uruguay
10. gandalf5166 – Greenland
11. Guillem14 – Mexico
12. hero122 – Panama
13. wizard96 – Peru

Flag Post

I’m in. This should be good. It’s very similar to a game I was going to start, but it became too complicated. Do we choose our own countries? If so, Canada.

Flag Post

I’ll take Brazil. Because Selly took Canada.

Flag Post

I changed to Brazil. Why? Because I’m Brazilian.

[Don’t ask. It’s a long story.]

Flag Post

Fog, you’re Brazilian?
Y para mi, Ecuador!

Flag Post

Great! The three of you are in!

Also, for those of you who can’t decide what country to choose but want to sign up, here’s a complete list.

Flag Post

Not really. Like I said, a long story.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

Not really. Like I said, a long story.

I have time.

Flag Post

<.<
>.>

No you don’t.

*throws your clock out the window *

Flag Post

I’ll take Argentina.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

<.<
>.>

No you don’t.

*throws your clock out the window *

Computer clock.

Flag Post

Definitely playing. :)

I’ll take USA.

Flag Post

I attack AbusedZebra (DIE!!!). XD

Flag Post

I send a virus to Selly’s computer. 2 birds with one stone.

[No more computer clock, also one less opponent.]

Flag Post

My computer gets Three Stooges Syndrome. There’s so many viruses, they’re all negating each other. (This seriously happened once, I got two viruses which don’t let any other program open and they cancelled each other out.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by sellyme:

I attack AbusedZebra (DIE!!!). XD

Flag Post

ugh! everyone took the ones i wanted! i’ll take costa rica then

Flag Post

I will take Ireland.

Flag Post

Squid, Ireland isn’t in the Americas.

Flag Post
Originally posted by squidward568:

I will take Ireland.

Originally posted by Morrrr:

Squid, Ireland isn’t in the Americas.

Exactly, here’s the list of countries you can choose from.

Flag Post

Why don’t you do the states? There’s 50 of them to choose from. That’s the real America.

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

Why don’t you do the states? There’s 50 of them to choose from. That’s the real America.

I like the idea, but then breaking it into fifty would be way too much. I recommend breaking it into time zones. Pacific, Mountain, Central and Eastern. There’s also Arizona and Indiana for the people who want to go small, since their time zones are different than all of the other states.

Also, will there be the option of merging like in the original Empire?

Flag Post

Ok, as in the rules I said, you have 40 points to distribute between Armed Forces and Resources, please start whispering me your points distibutions!

Originally posted by walfordking:

Maybe in another edition of Empire, it’ll be of the United States. Maybe.
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:

Also, will there be the option of merging like in the original Empire?

No, in this edition we’ll try and see how it works out without the option of merging. It will make the game different and longer.

Flag Post

Actually walford, no region on Earth is called America.

United States of America
South America
North America
The Americas (North+South)

And U.S.A. sucks anyway.

Jaume, I’m whispering my points distribution now.