[Game]Temporal Modification - Shift I: Boston, Massachusetts, America, 1773[Sign-ups still open]

25 posts

Flag Post

RFL.

Flag Post

What would you do with a time machine? Visit the future and gain insight to new things? Or return to the past, to observe or perhaps change what happened? The latter is what a group of nine explorers (not including pilot and subordinates) have in mind: going throught history and changing it to examine the positive or negative effects in the present.

(Yes, there are failsafes which prevent paradoxes – that is, before someone went back and erased them.)

In TM, players will be given a random time and place, as well as any relevant extra information. From there, they’re free to look around and do what they wish. Shifts will last 72 hours, and details will be given on present changes within the next 24 unless the pilot says otherwise [That is, that I’ll be gone], in which event the co-pilot (sub-mod) will report on the events. Should that fail to occur, the co-pilot will be made a regular member and his/her assistant will become co-pilot. A regular member will be promoted. The hierarchy goes one step farther in the exact same direction. (The co-co-co-pilot also has the responsibility to serve food and drink.) The group has enough fuel for fifteen stops (not including present), the last five of which the expedition members decide. On occasion, group members will receive random objects.

Pilot: Jaye Granger (FlameFlight)

Co-Pilot: Mike Clastery (pludrpladr)

Co-Co-Pilot : Hob (walfordking)

Co-Co-Co-Pilot: Matt (squidward568)

Passenger List:
1. Jeremiah Schwartz (TimeStrike)
2. Martin Bryant (Minnakht)
3. Noob (tbenn14)
4. Miles Alexander (TTF12)
5. James McCray (Sabin7)
6. Wilson (Fogfun)
7. Jake Millar (gandalf5166)
8. Anton Lux (ShadowTH12)
9. Thomas Keeper (Helkaine)

Anyone else interested, go here for further information.

Flag Post

[Very well, then. Let us begin! Also, you may have skipped the intro because it looks familiar? Don’t. I made a couple changes from what was listed in the signups. Coincidentally, they’re still open.]

Jaye
Well, everyone’s on board…I wouldn’t be surprised if more people come out of nowhere later, though. Regardless, since I know they were briefed, I just activate the portal and fly the machine through. Now, in the timestream, I also converge with the spacial location(stream) so we won’t be right where we were. Of course, the passengers know nothing of this. Come to think of it, they don’t know how dangerous this is, either. I can’t activate the permanence function until we settle, so anything that messes up in the timestream endangers us by crushing us in a grey hole to rectify the mistake; because if that happened, no one here existed and the mistake was never made. There’s a branch of study that goes into length on that type of thing, but that’s for people who like paradoxes. I don’t like them, and I’m fine with having decided to work in the field. Good thing, too, since after seven years I’m finally in command of a machine, as opposed to an assistant previously, even though none of those seven years really happened yet…bother, that’s confusing. I think I’ll just focus on this…

Not far outside of Boston, Massachusetts, Her(England) Majesty’s Colony of America, 2200 Hours, December 15, 1773

It was a dark and stormy night… Once we reenter reality, I immediately set the permanence function. The machine is cloaked, so after give each a bottle of water and a notebook with a pencil(standard) as well as an infinitely fueled lantern(shift), I encourage everyone to go out and explore the nearby city, I wait and watch the video trackers on each of them, and watching for any updates on present changes.

[You may not act independently of other players. Have a good time!]

Flag Post

[Reserved.]

Flag Post

[Reserved.]

Flag Post

[Reserved.]

Flag Post

[Reserved.]

Flag Post

James

“Hey, I know what to do! Let’s go lynch that jerk Banjamin Franklin!”

Flag Post

Miles
“You’ll do no such thing.” I soundly cuff James on the back of the head, hopefully knocking him out. Then I speed off towards Boston to prepare for the Tea Party, which will occur tomorrow night.

Flag Post

James

“Fine…grumble..grumble…” I then go off to tip off the soldiers that Washington and his men will perform an act where they will dump many tons of tea into the ocean, due to taxes.

Flag Post

Thomas

Finally I can make a real difference. I take my bottle of water, and notebook. I mark the date, and location on my notebook. It reads as follows:

Boston, Massachusetts, Dec/15/1773
Today I arrive Via/Time machine in Boston, as I write this entry it is 2200 hour’s or 10:00 P.M. In standard time. Tomorrow is the Boston Tea party. I plan to partake. As for now I head off to prepare, and I shall report back in the morning.
~ Thomas Keeper

Flag Post

“Boston Tea Party! Spliffing. English folk do enjoy their tea.” Said Hob in a posh voice.

Flag Post

[Third person? Really? Why?]

Flag Post

[Because he likes that. I think.]

Mike

“So what do we do now sir? De we just let them have their fun? You should probably tell them to remember that they can mess up history easily.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

“Boston Tea Party! Spliffing. English folk do enjoy their tea.” Said Hob in a posh voice.

“Silly man! They will pour the tea into the ocean, destroying it! We MUST alert the authorities immediately!”

Flag Post

Matt
“Phew. I could do with a mission involing tea.” I grin to everyone, then go to the tea thing. I knew it was nothing to do with tea, but i liked sarcasm.

Flag Post

James

“Okay, okay. I am not much of a rouge like that, but I guess I’ll go discuss how we should found our country with Benjamin Franklin. Anyone else want to join me?”

Flag Post

“Yeah!” I grin.

Flag Post

Jeremiah
I finish making notes of the current situation. “Sure.”

Flag Post

“Now, lets go to this hellish tea party!”

Flag Post

Jaye
“Oh, right…you don’t have to worry, Mike. This expedition is here so people can measure the efects of messing with history without endangering the present. I suggest you join the other people who are already in Boston. I’ll catch up with all of you later.”

Flag Post

“Yeah, yeah… don’t we all look modern? We should get proper clothes and such. Unless we have already.”

Flag Post

[Nope.]

Flag Post

(Bump)

Flag Post

Mike

“Oh ok then.” I say and run over to the others. “Wait for me! I’m your guide. Or something” The last said a little lower to myself.