[sign-ups]MAFIA: Twisted world (locked)

48 posts

Flag Post

Well, I’ve been here in Forum Games for a while and I’ve just decided to make my first game. Let’s see what happens.

This is a regular mafia game, but with a big difference. In this game townies will know who belong to their faction and the mafia characters will only know their own role. Mafia members can nightkill (NK). Every mafia character will send me a whisper with the name of the one that they want to NK, whom gets more votes will be killed and it’s role revealed. If there’s a draw between 2 people both will be killed, if the draw is between more people nobody will be killed. There will also be a vigilante, who will be able to kill once every day sending me whisper and can’t be NK. Townies will know who the vigilante is but the vigilante will only know it’s own role. The last role is the Major, who has two votes, one of them secret. Everybody knows who is the Major and it can’t be NK nor lynched. The Major at the very beggining must decide if it wants to be a corrupt Major or not (whisper it to me). Being corrupt means that the Major has to kill all the cititzens to win. Major can be defeated if someone votes a censure motion. In the next day, the motion will be voted. If the Major loses the vote of non-confidence it’s alignement will be revealed and, if it’s found guilty, it will become a non-powered character (imprisoned). It will not be able to vote nor do anything but wait to be lynched. If it’s innocent it will become a regular townie (I’ll send it a whisper telling who are their fellows).

If you’re involved in too many games right now, let me know and I’ll not begin the game until you’re less ‘busy’. I expect to have, at least, 16 players, if there is more people who wants to join I’ll add new characters.

The game, summarized by gandalf5166:

Originally posted by gandalf5166:

Basically what’s happened is that he has given town a NK, then switched their names. So mafia is really town, and town is really mafia.

Roles:
Major x 1
Mafia x 9
Townies x 5
Vigilante x 1

01. wizard96
02. walfordking
03. WiiPlayer113
04. Kranix
05. AbusedZebra
06. Morrrr
07. Rolpege
08. gandalf5166
09. Sabin7
10. SilentSam
11. scott6356
12. 918273645
13. Minnakht

Flag Post

cool name

Flag Post

sign

Flag Post

I’ll consider joining this (i.e. don’t add me to the list yet), but I’d like to know why exactly an army-based person is in a random town somewhere…

Flag Post

It’s a twisted world, roles are twisted and things can happen with no need to have a reason =P
wizard, you’re in. I hope you join BC. Kranix, thanks, wanna join?

Actually, the vigilante role exists to prevent role revealing by mafia members. Knowing that there’s someone that can NK you means that you’ll keep your role for you and you’ll not try to search any other mafia members.

Flag Post

Twisted huh? sounds like its right up my street. I love these kind of Mafia. So I’m in. If you would like any help with this then I’m in as I’ve done loads of Mafia, like my Dr Who Mafia and Ambuscade.

Flag Post

I’ll sign up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Guillem14:

It’s a twisted world, roles are twisted and things can happen with no need to have a reason =P
wizard, you’re in. I hope you join BC. Kranix, thanks, wanna join?

k, sign me up.

Flag Post

OK, you’re all in. Thanks, walford, if I need some kind of help I’ll send you a shout =D

Flag Post

I’ll play.

Flag Post

Sign!

Flag Post

You’re both in.

Flag Post

I’ll join =D

Flag Post

you’re in too

Flag Post

I’ll join.

Flag Post

You’re in, gandalf

Flag Post

I’ll join, I suppose.

Flag Post

I’ll sign, though I do see a slight problem.

In this game townies will know who belong to their faction

if the townies know who else are townies, process of elimination tells who is mafia/ other. So…yeah

Flag Post

The townies are outnumbered, so they may be overpowered on votes. The mayor may be corrupt, too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilentSam:

I’ll sign, though I do see a slight problem.

In this game townies will know who belong to their faction

if the townies know who else are townies, process of elimination tells who is mafia/ other. So…yeah

And? Basically what’s happened is that he has given town a NK, then switched their names. So mafia is really town, and town is really mafia. I do think that there should be one less “townie” however. Also, if everyone knows who the mayor is, then his vote is hardly secret. It has to be counted, and no one else has secret votes, so everyone would know who it was from.

Flag Post

i’ll sign

Flag Post

You’re all in.

Now I’ll try to solve the doubts I’ve seen:
SilentSam: townies know each other and can vote but are outnumbered, so they have to kill mafia members and at the same time cover themselves. In a normal mafia game, mafia members know each other, can vote and can NK; in this game, townies know each other but only can vote. Here’s the difference.
gandalf5166: Good summary, I’ll add it in the OP./ Maybe you’re right, I’ll change it and I’ll add another mafia member./ True… Well, the Major has nothing to be afraid, their votes will be publicly announced.

Flag Post

Townies have an NK too. That would be the vig. But then, I guess that they can’t communicate.

Flag Post

No, they can’t, that’s why I don’t consider the vigilante a towine with NK, because it might kill the townies themselves.

Flag Post

when the game going to start?