[Game]Sonic Mafia - Night 1: The End of the Beginning

39 posts

Flag Post

[Reserved for Locks and other things which may come up. I’m not likely to actually lock the game, though.]

Flag Post

Not long after the series of events which compose the main story involving Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Ivo Robotnik, a certain peace was declared. At least, that’s what was thought by the cast of protagonists. Behind the scenes, though, the bad Doctor was working in sneaky and conniving plans befitting someone of his IQ and licentiousness. He sent his robot minions out as assassains, picking off his enemy bit by bit. They soon react, but by that time ‘Eggman’ has blended in and has to be rediscovered.

This is the first game I’ve ever made, and I’m really excited to be producing it (with the assistance of my brother, STH12)! While being a mafia game, it will have an element (or several) of RP. The cast is entirely characters from the series…good luck.

Players:

1. FlameFlight
2. TimeStrike
3. NonSequitur51420
4. TailsTheFox12
5. Sabin7
6. Guillem14
7. JaumeBG
8. walfordking
9. squidward568
10. wizard96
11. ZeroG7133
12. wecannotdo
13. WiiPlayer113
14. Airhead123456789
15. BCLEGENDS
16. Minnakht
17. kilozombie
18. zedd236
19. jittyot
20. XxSonicLuvrxX
21. pludrpladr
22. jimbo14
23. gandalf5166

Flag Post

Roles -

[Species in {} markings. This is relevant because characters from same or near-same species have the same affinity and know each other, denoted by various letters.]

Protagonistic:

Sonic{Hedgehog:A} – As main protagonist, known to everyone, cannot be nightkilled or stunned, makes important story decisions. Knows Tails and Knuckles.
Tails{Fox:B} – Right-hand man fox to Sonic, can build various inventions (designs will be announced) and makes some important story decisions behind the scenes. Knows Knuckles.
Knuckles{Echidna:F} – Guardian of the Chaos Emeralds, decided to hide them in various places, can nightkill and makes some important story decisions behind the scenes. Knows Tails.
Silver{Hedgehog:A} – A telekinetic individual from the future, can prevent actions. Knows Blaze.
Blaze{Cat:B} – A pyrokinetic individual from the future who guards a different set of Emeralds, can protect, also has certain bonuses (to be mentioned later). Knows Silver.
Amy{Hedgehog:A} – Perhaps seen as weak in the past, she now puts her hammer to good use and stuns a person each night (Note: person, not character), keeping them from voting the next day. Knows Big.
Cream{Rabbit} – Also possibly seen as weak in the past, she has good knowledge of others and can charm her way into knowing pretty much anyone else (one/night). Knows, on inverse relationship (They also know her): Amy, Big, Blaze, Silver.
Big{Cat:B} – While noticably large and somewhat cough cough rotund, he is ready to wherever he has to with Amy and Cream. His habit of fishing can turn up strange objects on occasion. Knows Amy.
Maria Robotnik{Human:E} – Known by all, cannot be nightkilled, and can protect. Makes important story decisions. For some reason, does not know any antagonists.
Tikal{Echidna:F} – Having lived through some very bad times, she remebers her duty to the past, but moreover looks forward to the future. Can choose to stun or prevent, and makes some behind the scenes story decisions.
E-102γ(Gamma){Robot:D} – A Class E-100 defected to the good side, it has offensive capabilities, but a 40% chance to miss a nightkill. Like Maria, does not know antagonists for some reason.
Dr. Gerald Robotnik{Human:E} – Grandfather of Maria and Ivo and source for many inventions, he has developed a fairly potent poison which kills in approximately 36 hours. Perception of antagonists also blocked.

Flag Post

(Roles cont.)
Antagonistic:

Dr. Ivo Robotnik(Eggman){Human:E} – As main angagonist, knows team members and chooses who (out of the last three) makes the nightkill with alternate self and makes important story decisions behind the scenes. Perception of protagonists blocked.
Eggman Nega{Human:E} – As main antagonist from another dimension, knows team members and chooses who (out of the last three) makes the nightkill with alternate self and makes important story decisions behind the scenes. Perception of protagonists blocked.
Metal Sonic{Robot:D} – Anti-hero to the main protagonist, makes own nightkill decision and is present in final battle, rebuilt for that very purpose if necessary. Perception of protagonists blocked.
EggRobo{Robot:D} – One of the better-known Badniks, can use its vehicle to lift team members in possible danger. Can also build inventions. Perception of protagonists blocked.
E-123 Ω{Robot:D}(Omega) – Last and most powerful of the E-100 series, has a 50/50 chance to either hit and ignore protections or miss entirely. Perception of protagonists blocked.
Chaos Zero{Chao} – May choose to nightkill twice at once if given kill opprotunity, at cost of random team member’s identity. Knows other antagonists.

Flag Post

(Roles cont.)

Neutral:

Shadow{Hedgehog:A} – As a shady, shadowy character who has certain critical roles, is known by everyone, can nightkill, be bribed to nightkill (more on that as the game progresses), is immune to anything (at least anything which has been tried so far), and makes important story decisions. Win condition: Survive. This will become more difficult.
Jet{Hawk:C} – A bit headstrong and reckless as the leader of a band of rouges, he hates opposition and, according to him, will stop at no lengths to end it. That’s what he thinks, though – all he accomplishes is stunning. Knows Storm and Wave. Win condition: See to it that Sonic is eliminated but that the protagonists still emerge victorious.
Storm{Albatross:C} – The brawn of the rouge team, he can nightkill, but has a 25% to miss, higher depending on cloud cover and position. Knows Jet and Wave. Win condition: See to it that Sonic is eliminated but that the protagonists still emerge victorious.
Wave{Swallow:C} – The brains of the rouge team, she can build inventions and protect. Knows Jet and Storm. Win condition: See to it that Sonic is eliminated but that the protagonists still emerge victorious.
Rouge{Bat} – Somewhat greedy and nonconsientious of morals, has a set of tools which will randomly: a) protect, b) investigate, c) stun, or d) kill her target. Win condition: Unknown.

Flag Post

Over the several games and worlds, night falls…so may several characters, but who is unknown as of yet.

A few hours ago…
The recent peace was being celebrated when a bullet apparently came out of nowhere and narrowly missed Sonic, who only got out of the way on reflex. Around this time, it was noticed that the old antagonists were nowhere to be found. A few moments later, artillery was heard in the distance. Everyone quickly left, but not before all formulated their own plans: most wanted Eggman taken out permanently, while the villain and his minions, along with a newly discovered co-leader of the evil group, was trying to, in secrecy, kill off every last protagonist. A few others had personal motives they put first. The group mostly dispersed, but some stayed in small groups. Before leaving, however, a quick once-over of the area might be in order, and some characters had their own decisions…

[Note: Unless you’re known publicly, I would recommend sending your decision privately.]

Sonic, would you like to examine the area?
Tails, would you like to have your plane ready in case of emergency?
Knuckles, would you like to help Sonic?
Tikal, would you like to help search?
Ivo, would you like to continue firing artillery or get away from the area in case they give chase?
Shadow, would you like to help search?
Anyone else, you may publicly say if you want to help or not.

Flag Post

Save Files:

A
B

A
B

A
B

Flag Post

[Reserved.]

Flag Post

[Reserved.]

Flag Post

Indeed, so it begins…

Flag Post

and so i return from a random summercamp i thought i was having next week.

Flag Post

Okay, Day 0 story is written.

Flag Post

Er…what’s the point of the save files?

Flag Post

Yay! its about time this started! I’ll vote Airhead 123456789, because he uses 9 numbers in his name.

Flag Post

I’ll vote for XxSonicluvrxX Because that name is suspicious

Flag Post
Originally posted by pludrpladr:

I’ll vote for XxSonicluvrxX Because that name is suspicious

Flag Post

I vote Airhead#########

Flag Post

I don’t think we start voting yet…

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlameFlight:

I don’t think we start voting yet…

You would be right. Choose if you want to help look or not, and send in the actions outlines in bold if they apply. The ‘save files’ are the news section, and I’m going to send out who people know soon.

Flag Post

Well, I’ll help, I guess.

Flag Post

I’ll also help, methinks.

Flag Post

I’ll help.

Flag Post

[I’m feeling very tired…none of the group notifications have been sent out because there just hasn’t been time. In case you didn’t know, the known characters are: Sonic – Kilozombie, Maria – Zedd236, and Shadow – TailsTheFox12.]

Flag Post

Oh well. I’ll helps then. (But if this was realistic wouldn’t we get to know everyone else that is there?)

Flag Post

I’ll help too