[Game] Pie VS. Cake - The Tournament - The Game Has Started!

64 posts

Flag Post

UPDATE!

The next player to post a score will be WiiPlayer113 from Team Cake, but he cannot post until all three judges have posted their scores for the current pictures. I will notify WiiPlayer113 when it’s his turn to post. 8)

Let the game begin! Due to the fact that misunderstandings could occur, I will randomly choose which team goes first. The first team to go first is… Team Cake! The first player from team cake to post is… sellyme! The judges may post their scores after sellyme posts her picture of cake. Also, please re-read the rules, as I have changed a few things.

@Judges You will be scoring the pictures on a scale of 1-10. This is what it should look like:

Team: [name of team you are judging here]
Player: [name of player you are judging here]
Picture: [picture or link to picture you are judging here]
Score: [score here]

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! 8)

It’s the classic battle between pie VS. cake! But this one will be held a little differently. It will be held in the form of a forum game. How is this possible, you ask? Let me explain…

Overview

Once you sign-up, you will randomly be placed on a team, either Team 1, Pie, or Team 2, Cake [edit: read edit2 for more info on this]. Altogether, this tournament will have 20 10 participants, 10 5 on each team. If you are on the Pie team, you must post the most delicious pictures of pie you can find on the Internet or anywhere. If you’re on the Cake team, you must post the most delicious pictures of cake you can find. It doesn’t matter where you find them — Google Images, your own pics, it doesn’t matter. There will be 3 judges. If you would like to be a judge, please tell me on this thread. I will choose if you will get to be a judge or not, but I will not pick users who do not specify that they want to be a judge. The judges will vote on this thread. They will say “I vote for <insert>’s <insert> picture.” If you vote and are not a judge, your vote will not count. If you’re a judge and you’re voting for a picture of pie, you must say it’s a pie pic. If it’s cake, say it’s cake and include the user who posted it’s username, like I said earlier. This tournament will contain 3 rounds. Best out of 3 wins. If a team wins twice in a row, it’s impossible for them to lose and they are going to win for sure. If this happens I will decide if a third round shall be held or if that team shall win by default. If the Pie team posts a pie picture first, they are not allowed to post another picture until after the Cake team has posted. If the Cake team does not post at all during that round, the Pie team wins by default. After the Cake team posts, the Pie team is allowed to post again, and this can continue until the round is over, and vice versa. If you have posted a picture of pie/cake for your team, you cannot post again until everyone else has posted. If you try to post a picture for your team but another member of your team ninjas you, please delete your post. It won’t count anyways, so there’s no point in keeping it. I might have missed something. If I did, I’ll add it later.

Scoreboard

Here’s the scoreboard for Round 1:

I will update it regularly.

Rounds

There will be 3 rounds altogether. Each round will last 2 days. Best out of 3 wins. I will specify when the rounds start when the time comes.

Teams

There will be 2 teams. Team 1 will be named Pie and Team 2 will be Cake. Each team will have 5 players. There will be 20 players altogether. Read edit2 for more info on teams.

Questions

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread and I will post the answers to your questions in this section.

Participants

Here is the list of participants:

1. pludrpladr
2. WiiPlayer113
3. TailsTheFox12
4. gandalf5166
5. SupHomies
6. kashuushian1542
7. bladewing650
8. CrimsonBlaze
9. mobius10987
10. sellyme
11. SilentSam
12. Drovoxx

Please note that I have not yet decided which team[s] this/these participant[s] will be on [edit: Read edit2 for more info on this]. It will all be down by random once all the spots are filled [edit: Read edit2 for more info on this].

Judges

Here are the judges:

1. wecannotdo
2. walfordking
3. kilozombie

If you would like to become a judge, please post that in this thread. I will choose the judges.

Team Members

Here are two lists of all the members on each time:

Team Pie:

1. gandalf5166
2. pludrpladr
3. kashuushian1542
4. mobius10987
5. TailsTheFox12
6. Drovoxx

Team Cake:

1. sellyme
2. WiiPlayer113
3. bladewing650
4. SupHomies
5. CrimsonBlaze
6. SilentSam

Okay, so is everyone set to go? Sign-up here and I will indicate when the first round starts. We’ll have to wait for all the spots to fill up.

EDIT: I forgot to add that you can’t choose which team your own. It will all be down randomly.

EDIT2: Due to popular demand, I have decided to let users choose which team they’re on. Choose soon because the first-come first-serve rule is in place!

EDIT3: I’ve changed it to 10 players, 5 on each team.

Flag Post

The cake is a pie.

This renders you game invalid.

Flag Post

Can I be a judge please?

Flag Post

Cant we have our cake and eat pie too?

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

Can I be a judge please?

I’ll put you down as tentative. 8)

Originally posted by SilentSam:

Cant we have our cake and eat pie too?

Of course you can. This isn’t about eating, it’s about competing.

Flag Post

Oh well. The pie team: +1

Flag Post
Originally posted by pludrpladr:

So you’re joining? Sorry, but you can’t choose which team you end up on. It’s all down randomly. That makes it more fun, and it prevents you from preparing before we start.

EDIT: Please disregard this whole post. Read edit2 for updated info. 8)

Flag Post

I is joining.

Flag Post

Noooooooo! I WANT MAH PIE! >:E

Flag Post

This seems quite random…while I would join, I don’t really want to get assigned to one team and then be unhappy with the decision, so I’ll just watch.

Flag Post

I’d like to be a judge.
If not, then I’m fine with being on either team.

Flag Post

I sign up.

Flag Post

I shall join.

Flag Post

I shall join also! And i shall also be a judge!!

Flag Post

Due to popular demand, I have decided that you can choose which team you are on. Post soon because the first-come first-serve rule is in place, so no guarantees that you’ll get which team you want.

Originally posted by TailsTheFox12:

This seems quite random…while I would join, I don’t really want to get assigned to one team and then be unhappy with the decision, so I’ll just watch.

Read edit2 and what I said 2 line breaks above this for info you’ll like. 8)

Originally posted by pludrpladr:

So you’re joining? Sorry, but you can’t choose which team you end up on. It’s all down randomly. That makes it more fun, and it prevents you from preparing before we start.

EDIT: Please disregard my whole post. Read edit2 and what I said 2 line breaks above for more info.

Flag Post

I is PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

Cake team please?

Flag Post

ATTENTION ALL CURRENT PARTICIPANTS: If you would like to choose which team you wanna be on, do so now or you might not get to be on the team you wanna be on because it’s a first-come first-serve basis.

Originally posted by sellyme:

Cake team please?

No problem, Selly. Also, I think I finally got what your username means. It means silly me, amirite? /offtopic

Flag Post

Oh wow, how the heck did you figure out that one? You should be a detective.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gandalf5166:

Oh wow, how the heck did you figure out that one? You should be a detective.

I seriously just figured it out last week. 8P

Flag Post

i guess I’ll sign…I’ll be Pie.THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Flag Post
Originally posted by CocoaPuff310:

ATTENTION ALL CURRENT PARTICIPANTS: If you would like to choose which team you wanna be on, do so now or you might not get to be on the team you wanna be on because it’s a first-come first-serve basis.

Originally posted by sellyme:

Cake team please?

No problem, Selly. Also, I think I finally got what your username means. It means silly me, amirite? /offtopic

No, it’s my initials (sel), who I am (me) and the “ly” in there to reach the 6 character limit most sites have.

Flag Post

Well, I like cake, but the cake is a lie. Pie is so much better. Can we start earlier? 20 players is quite a lot.

Flag Post

I’d like to help judge, if theres a spot open.

Flag Post

I don’t think there is, but 4 judges would be fun. Five, if I can be judge.