[Sign-ups] Echoes

42 posts

Flag Post

In the year 2012, Earth suffered a series of cataclysmic events. When the survivors pushed through the rubble and saw the ruined, destroyed wasteland, they thought it couldn’t get any worse.

It did.

The Darkness came. An ancient foe from another world. Long ago, before the dawn of man, there was a great battle in an alternate universe. A battle between Light and Dark. The Light won, but just barely. Instead of being able to vanquish the foe, they were forced to imprison it. They opened a portal to another dimension… and stepped into ours. At the time, humans were not around. The Darkness was imprisoned in the heart of the Milky Way.

The portal was left open. Soon, man came about in our world. We interacted with the others, who were also, more or less, humans. For many years our two worlds thrived as one. But then came the day when they were forced to close the portal. For years, we had attacked them and creatures from their side. We labeled them as witches and heretics, always trying to find a new excuse to kill them. And so, they closed it.

Over time, we forgot of the other world. Stories of it began to be downcast as myths. For a long time, we lived in our own world, ignorant of our past.

Until the Darkness came. A being with immense power, the ability to shapeshift, and other things. The Darkness could get into your mind, control you. It could create other dark creatures from the evil within you. And so, the remnants of our world were quickly overrun. Earth, or what was left of it, fell to the sweeping tide.

The Darkness re-opened the portal and went through, intent on it’s revenge. During this period, the few survivors began to rise up, fight back against the Darkness. However, normal weapons were extremely ineffective. Many failed, but a few were successful. It was like this for several years, until the Light came. People were given hope again. An army was formed, to take back Earth.

Of the few thousand that joined, most were simply put into large battalions. However, certain soldiers showed their superiority. The majority of these were ones who had successfully fought off the Darkness in the past. Small squads were formed, who were equivalent to the special ops. It was because of these few that the tides were turned.

This is the story of the legendary squadron, Echo.

Basically, this is a game about Echo Squadron. You’re basically going to be in combat for most of the game, fighting off the hordes of Darkness.

If you want any more info, simply ask.

Sign-Up sheet:
Name:
Unit:
Description:
Bio:
Other:

Example:

Name: Austin Windsor
Squad: Echo
Unit: Echo 01
Description: 6’2" and about 153 lbs. Has brown hair. Green eyes. Very well-built and agile. A good leader who can remain calm under pressure. Is serious when regarding the mission, but jokes around with his team. Has good perception skills. Has a hidden desire to die in battle.
Bio: Born in New York, but his family moved to Oregon when he was only 3. Grew up there, and then went to college in Washington. Was at a party when the event occurred. Most of the other students were killed, but him and a few others survived. They proceeded to head east, just like everyone else. Decided to stay here(Earth). When the Lightbringer came back and began ‘recruiting’ people to fight the darkness, he was one of the first to sign-up. Made his way up the ranks. Joined the special operations unit. Was assigned as Echo Squadron Team Leader. Hasn’t met the rest of his squad yet.
Confirmed Kills: 37
Family: None

Sign-up:
Echo 01: Fogfun
Echo 02: SupHomies
Echo 03: BCLEGENDS
Echo 04: Kashuushian1542
Echo 05: Pludrpladr
Echo 06: Final_Crisis
Echo 07: TailsTheFox12
Echo 08: Gandalf5166
Echo 09: Jimbo14
Echo 10: EbilWulf

Flag Post

Name: Mike Clastery.

Squad: Echo (Well, duh.)

Unit: Echo 05

Description: Tall with grey hair due to genetic disease. A little unmuscular but proves his worth in tactic and stealth.

Bio:
Mike started as a hired blade in an underground company called “Shadow’s Mercy” But
one day he was involved in a terrible accident. He almost died and had every bone in his body broken, except his neck, causing his boss to fire him as he thought he would never fully recover.

But Mike wanted to prove him wrong. He was so determined to get a full recover the doctors said he had developed supernatural powers in strength speed and stamina.

Some time after Mike fully recovered and came back to find his boss and get rehired, but his boss had other plans. As soon mike stepped into the office turrets came from the ceiling and they pointed at him. Mike quickly figured out what was going on and had constructed a hidden blade that he brought with him. He ran up to his ex-boss to give him a quick suprise and to ruin his plans. He stabbed his neck and turned off the turrets. “Payback’s a bitch ain’t it?” He said and left.

Mike got involved in a battle against darkness in his appartment. He used his newfound speed and strength to defeat it. A light shined through his window and he fainted. He later woke up in some kind of barracks.

Flag Post

Name:Cash Komini
Squad:Echo
Unit:Echo 4
Description:6’7" and weighs 178 lbs.Dark Brown hair.Green-Gray eyes.Average strength and very smart.
Bio:always loving weapons,he was a weapon designer for the army.His ability to create and use weapons was so great,he got assigned the Team Echo.Was assigned as Strategist.usually carries around a katana.

Flag Post

Ooh, this looks fun. I’ll join.

Name: Shade Eclipsion
Unit: Echo 03
Age: Exact age forgotten, but somewhere in his twenties.
Description: Shadowy ghost creature with a red mouth, red eyes and white pupils. Lower body amounts to a foot-wisp of sorts, which floats a few inches above the ground normally. See bio for more information.
Bio: Originally a talented scientist, the man who would become Shade Eclipsion had a very encounter with the Darkness, long before the Light came to this world. In short, he lost… badly. It infested his body, and created huge numbers of shadowy ghost creatures from the evil inside him.
At some point or another, however, he managed to transfer his mind into one of the creatures being formed. This obviously left his original body without said mind, thus killing it and preventing the darkness from creating any more of those creatures. It also gave him the body of the creatures that were previously formed from him, and all the powers that went with it. Him being intelligent, and them effectively being mindless drones, he easily slaughtered them all and escaped the Darkness for the time being.
It was at this point that he realised he could not remember his exact age.
Or his name.
He searched through his mind, to find everything else in perfect working order, and eventually decided upon the new name ‘Shade Eclipsion’ to complement his looks. After testing his powers for a bit, he began travelling around the world in order to find something to do about fighting the Darkness.
The Darkness, however, had not accidentally given him a new body, and powers to boot, without a setback… the body originally being of the Darkness, it somewhat permanently corrupted Shade’s mind, in such a way that he would occasionally enter a berserk, almost insane rage. This would boost his powers, strength, intelligence and senses ten-fold, but would also cause him to perceive any nearby entity as a threat, attacking and almost always slaughtering said perceived threats, until he eventually regained control of his mind. Whilst this was somewhat useful against the Darkness, it also claimed many innocent lives, and it was during one of these rages that Shade was eventually captured and imprisoned for experimentation by the forces of Light. He successfully persuaded the scientists, and in turn the generals in command, that he could be a very valuable asset to the forces of Light, and was transferred to the Echo squad… this is where the part of the story you see begins.
Other: Is able to fly due to lack of mass, and can also control shadow ‘energy’ the same colour as his body (i.e. fired as beams, used to create blade-like weapons or tentacles, etc.). Will occasionally enter a berserk rage (see bio); pupils will frazzle in a similar way to TV static when this happens, and is just as likely to attack the Darkness as the other Echo members during these rages.

Flag Post

You’re all in.

Flag Post

lulz 2012

Name: Trinh Quang
Unit: Echo 02
Description: Vietnamese, average height, skinny, long hair, brown eyes, has a goatee
Bio: Formerly part of a Vietnamese triad. Skilled with many weapons and tactics. Went into hiding after the Darkness came. Joined the army because of his experience, and also because he wanted to have some fun.
Other: Favorite weapon is the throwing knife.

Flag Post

Name:Zakhep
Unit:Echo
Description:normal height, over weight, brown hair and blue eyes
Bio:Do you need to know?
Other:Brought a mini and is good at maths

Flag Post

Zakhep2 i think you have to be older than 12…

Flag Post

Name: Miles Prower

Unit: Echo 07

Description: Human-fox hybrid, able to take on either form depending on electricity. As human, has blond hair and sky blue eyes. As fox, has orange and white fur, same eye shade, and two tails, which can be used in flight. Is strangely agile, a good swimmer, and great mechanic either way.

Bio: As a boy, the to-be protagonist enjoyed his video games, but upon a power surge was forced into one of the games he played. Upon escaping from the series some years later, he began to become human again from the two-tailed fox form he previously had.

But all he knew before the accident was gone.

As time went on, he began to go by the name of the character he became when he absorbed enough electricity. When the Darkness came, he was singled out as having ‘unique abilities’ and was assigned to the Echo squad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kashuushian1542:

Zakhep2 i think you have to be older than 12…

Kids can help too

Flag Post

Name: Jake Millar
Unit: Echo 8
Description: A very athletic man, about 6’3", with black hair and green eyes.
Bio: A former Cirque Du Soleil acrobat, he joined the Echo Squadron when the Darkness came. (Yeah, not much of a bio. If you don’t like it, YOU CAN BURN IN SOMEWHERE THAT’S NOT VERY NICE!!!!!!!! I just don’t like writing down my character’s life story. I would much rather it be reflected in my character. In a book, there isn’t a section at the beginning of the book where you learn about every character’s past.)
Other: Is incredibly flexible, and doesn’t like to wear too much armor in battle. He is also an experienced traceure, and can thus get from one place to another pretty damned fast.

Flag Post

Yeah, you have to be a reasonable age. You’re a soldier.

Flag Post

Also, I’ve added two more slots. And I’m going to have a few reserves.

Flag Post

yay i’m echo C4 04 :D

Flag Post

Shame dat
I expected this to be more popular. Thing is, this sort of thing always seems to happen whenever I join one of Fogfun’s games – I become the only active player on the thread, and it eventually dies completely.

Flag Post

Yeah, hopefully we can get a few more people to sign-up. We can go with 8, but I already know that one or two people are going to drop out…

Flag Post

Lemme get this sorta straight- This is a fantasy… ish… sort of thing, where supernatural powers are available, powers that most humans don’t think of; powers that- Well, you get the idea…
But that’s what this is, right? Or am I wrong? I think I may be, because I forgot to take my meds…

Flag Post

Well, it’s fantasy Sci-Fi. We don’t really have supernatural powers… I mean, BC is part of the Darkness now, so he can do what they can. I mean, we can’t like have super speed, shoot lasers from our eyes, etc. We do however have special weapons, ‘Light weapons.’ The main people with superpowers are Darkness.

Flag Post

Ah. So, what you’re saying is, I could have a “Light Weapon”, but no powers. Cool…
Hmm… I’ll join, gimme a while to make a character.

Flag Post

Yeah, you could have a multitude of things. The weapon basically is much more effective against the darkness than a normal weapon. You’ll see what I’m talking about.

Also, forgot to mention this. This game is going to be relying on the environment. Like if there happens to be flammable gas somewhere, light it up. Fire produces light and heat.

Flag Post

Ah.

Name: Marcus.
Unit: Echo 10.
Current said word count: 8 (?)
Description: 6’2’’, a small dude, with spiky brown hair and blue eyes. Average build, wears a white T-Shirt and jeans. Usually quiet.
Bio: All throughout his childhood, Marcus was somewhat of an outcast; not really one of the more… popular… people, he began to explore and wonder around by himself.
However, one day, he was suddenly attacked by a bear, and unsure of what to do, he climbed the nearest tree. His leg was injured due to a lucky bear scratch, but was otherwise unharmed. This had pushed him to learn how to defend himself, namely with some sort of gun. He was about 10 then.
After 7 years of training (mainly with either a shotgun, a machete, or a .9mm of some sort), he joined the army with low expectations and a strong work habit, and worked his way up the ladder, ending up with the Echo squad. He says the reason is because of an incident where he saved multiple lives by some extraordinary gun work, when he DOES tell the story… It was also due to the fact that he was next in line to replace the guy who was gonna get that slot. (He had died by a stray bullet. Go figure.)
Edit: He also became resourceful, due to the fact that not many 10 year olds could just BUY a gun. He had a small past as a pick-pocket, and later some larger thefts.
Hopefully, he’ll get a good weapon from them; if not, he won’t complain. (Pleeeeeeeeease?)

I think the bio kinda sucks, but… Hey. What can you do?

Flag Post

@BC: Nah I usually try to keep fog’s game’s alive. And that’s probably because I was so impressed by Dreams I thought he was the best game creator. I have now come to the realization that rokun and squidward (He made FAW right?) are also pretty good.

I totally got on a side track didn’t I? .___.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pludrpladr:

I totally got on a side track didn’t I? .___.

<sarcasm>No, you didn’t.</sarcasm>

Flag Post

So we’re just waiting for more people to sign up to start?

Flag Post

Yes, yes we are.

Originally posted by SupHomies:

So we’re just waiting for more people to sign up to start?