Master Thread page 128

12297 posts

Flag Post

Puzzle games by Samster, (How Looooong Can You Last, Tested to the Limits.) Those were great.

Flag Post

Please add Taurus High to the RP section and take off RN

Flag Post

The best was even… Uh… I dunno.

Flag Post
Originally posted by reaper765:

Yeah, it is a good RP (I suppose, no actual RPing yet.)

Flag Post

Darkspell (lol)

Seriously, though? I’d love to see the return of some of the great Zombie RP’s.

Flag Post

If anyone is interested in playing MW3 on XBOX with me whisper me your gamertag

Flag Post

If anyone is interested in playing MW3 on XBOX with me whisper me your gamertag

You are working on your Forum Game and playing XBOX? Nice. High Five

^^

Originally posted by rosate:

Darkspell (lol)

Seriously, though? I’d love to see the return of some of the great Zombie RP’s.

I’d love to see a Zombie RP where it happens while your in class in high school. You’d be learning about the Civil War and then Zombies come out through the door and you say, “How about that Zombie War, eh? Sucks how humans lost. I mea-… yeah. We’ll probably lose.”

Flag Post

I see no one wants to play XBOX with me )= If yu don’t have MW3 add me anyway.

Flag Post

playing MW3

[Headdesk]

Flag Post

Done!

Originally posted by tracymirkin123:

ADEEB, SHARE THE SCRIPT. MANYNOWS

Here

It is greasemonkey though, so you need the Infernal Predator installed.

AN, problem with your logic.

We don’t tell newbs what ‘Classic’ means in terms of games, so it has no purpose until that happens.

I do not agree. If a newb does not ask, he will probably not know th meaning of half the terms of our colloquial FG. For example, he might even wonder what I mean when I say “All hail the mighty Noss!” which is almost self-explanatory!

On a more serious note, I repeat, it isn’t harming anyone. I am a stickler to traditions when they aren’t backward and inefficient. True, that little © is consuming about a byte of space on the Kong servers and costing, say, some pennies per month. I will appeal to the greater generosity of the Kong authorities here xD

Originally posted by Gastly101:

New Topic for Council of Regulars (Like Supreme Court… you know what? I hereby pronounce the group of regulars posting here as: Regular Council. (What? You expected Better? Fine, Council of Regs.))

New Topic of Council of Regulars:

What is the best FG you’ve played that you’d like another round/version of?

AHEM

I like efficiency, so I will let you know that the topic suggested by you has already been discussed.

- AN

Flag Post

A council of Regulars? Coo.
Hmmmm… I would like another round of Island Survivor, but it’s not going to happen because everyone went AWOL at once when I made ISIII so there were like two people, including me, playing.

Flag Post

Hey, when my second game ends, am I still eligible for a second one, or do I need to re-register?

Flag Post

Hey, when my second game ends, am I still eligible for a second one, or do I need to re-register?

I individually contact all who participated in your game and obtain opinions. Thereupon, the opinions are weighed to generate average opinion. If average final rating is greater than 5, we all have a miniature celebration. And then, if it really went well, you re-register. This goes on until, some fine, happy, sunshine filled day, we get about 5 successful labrat games and officialize double GMing.

Flag Post

How do you contact yourself? Meditation?

Flag Post

How do you contact yourself? Meditation?

Naaaah, I first kill myself, then perform planchet. With the information gained from my spirit safely teleported to my alter ego in Dimension InvOne, I telepathically contact my pet dog who is a necromancer. After being revived, I make the journey to DIO, where, after a heated and dramatic battle of apocalyptic proportions with my alter ego, I finally rescue my own opinion sheet and scribble down a rating.

When I am bored, I just ask the mirror. It is that simple.

Flag Post

I know I am double posting, but this is to bring everyone’s concern to this:

1. Don’t spam. This includes posting derailing comments in games you’re not a part of.

Those who have broken the rule will know I am referring to them, and those who haven’t, needn’t comment unless they have anything useful to add. Thank you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

I know I am double posting, but this is to bring everyone’s concern to this:

1. Don’t spam. This includes posting derailing comments in games you’re not a part of.

Those who have broken the rule will know I am referring to them, and those who haven’t, needn’t comment unless they have anything useful to add. Thank you.

[Why does this rule need apply?]

[The bit highlighted, I mean.]

Flag Post

Because Knoob, you aren’t playing Taurus High, and you are spamming on it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tracymirkin123:

Because Knoob, you aren’t playing Taurus High, and you are spamming on it.

[You’re spamming just as much as I am, Tracy, and the fact that you’re playing the game does not make it any less so.]

[Not that I consider it spam, mind you.]

Flag Post

XD I never thought about it, I forgot about the posts removed by administators. You got in trouble!

Flag Post

I forgot if Knoob signed up for Unbelieve II. If he hasn’t, then he should kindly GT*O.

Flag Post

You guys are awful at trolling….

Flag Post
Originally posted by HeatherHeroinexx:

You guys are awful at trolling….

Related
Also related

Flag Post

Please add Supernatural Creatuares Convention Mafia to the list of mafias. I also request that you insert brackets saying that it’s really a werewolf, but SCCM sounds so much better than SCCW.

Flag Post

[Really sorry for the triple post, but I thought I’d make a guide.]

xoxOxox A Beginner’s Guide to Mafia Strategy xoxOxox

Mafias may appear to be random. After all, to lynch the mafia you have to rely on luck, unless you know the mafia members’ name, but to do that you have to rely on somebody to investigate their roles, which also relies on whether he’s lucky enough to investigate the correct people. They’re not random, not at all. Every mafia has an underlying strategy, an underlying theme that knowledeable mafia players can exploit.
Some exploits are as obvious as the sun in the sky. If, for example, somebody says that he’s the investigator and knows that Player A is the werewolf, and when Player A is lynched, it’s revealed that he’s NOT the werewolf, then, of course, the “investigator” is either bogus(the only person who would have the motivation to fake being an investigator is a mafia goon) or lying(which would mean that he’s working for the mafia for some reason, or trolling you. Either way, he deserves to be lynched), so, of course, the natural course is to kill him as soon as possible.
Some exploits are less obvious. Perhaps Player A roleclaims Investigator in a game where the ratio of mafia to non mafia is 1:6, then votes for Player B, and then Player B is lynched and it is revealed that Player B is mafia. Later on, Player C votes for Player A. It may seem like nothing of importance is revealed, but think it through carefully. Since A had a 1/6 chance of voting for a mafia member, it follows that his roleclaim is likely to be true as he would not fake a roleclaim and risk getting accused by the real investigator of being a mafia member, and he would not risk his life for a 1/6 chance. Now, we know that the mafia members know each other, and accordingly would not vote for each other. Since everyone now knows that A is on the good side, the only people who would want to lynch him is the mafia. Of course, C might just be a confused player, or A might be a risk-it-all player who got lucky, but it is likely that C is a mafia member, and that’s a valuable piece of information in any mafia.
The really good players, however, do not find exploits; they create them. They conjure up illusions of exploits, and the easily led masses all vote for a single player simply because the mafia veteran’s argument that the lynched player is a mafia member because of X Exploit. The best part is that X Exploit doesn’t exist; the veteran was really a mafia member letting the good side lynch themself. If a whole lot of players lynch one person because somebody did it first, everybody is doing it or because of a really good argument, this is known as a bandwagon, as in “I heard helltank got bandwagoned by a clever mafia member. Poor guy.” or “He’s trying to start a bandwagon against helltank; obviously a mafia member.” Note that the second example could be made by somebody trying to start a bandwagon. Ironic, isn’t it?
And in bandwagons lies the key to the veteran mafia player’s success. The veteran mafia players make up exploits, or grab hold of existing ones, but then what do they do with these newly found exploits? They use it to start a bandwagon in their favor. Perhaps they’ve analysed the evidence and concluded that X is mafia(also called scum), but nobody believes them. Then they simply start a bandwagon against X. This has been the core weapon of most of the veteran players.

Now, let’s look at specific tactics for specific roles.

Mafia
A veteran player working for the mafia can be very deadly indeed. Since his group is outnumbered, he has to use every advantage to its fullest. One of the most important advantages is the fact that he knows everyone else. Remember the second example of an exploit, the one where we assume that no mafia member votes for another mafia member due to the fact that they know each other? What if he starts a bandwagon against an inactive or useless mafia member? He would be cleared of all suspicion!
In fact, this has happened in many, many mafia games. Most wannabe tacticians try to use psychological tactics like referring to their role in the third person(hey, look, the mafia goon killed another guy) or voting to lynch their own role(we should lynch the mafia doctor before he causes any more trouble!). However, most FGF members are aware of these tricks and will take steps to recognize them.
So use their awareness against them! Make overtly obvious psychological attempts. Constantly refer to civilians in the third person, and harp on the fact that civilians are “dangerous” and that we should “NK or lynch them as soon as possible”. Everyone will think you’re a civilian… which makes you safe, because it’s generally the people with powerful roles that get hunted for.
Likewise, do the same with powerful roles on the good side instead of civilians. Everyone will think that you’re on the forces of good. Try to make sure that there’s more than one of these roles; if there’s only one of Powerful Role X, the real Powerful Role X will accuse you of pretending to be him. If there’s two of PRX, each of the real PRXes will just assume you’re the other PRX. However, some expert gambiters have disguised themselves as PRX when there’s only one of PRX, and when the real PRX accuses them, they make a convincing argument that the real PRX is actually a “fake” PRX, using his “feeble accusations” to try to “fob himself off as PRX”.
Many people think that if the good guys get lucky, the mafia are doomed. As the above examples illustrate, this is definitely not true! I’ve seen mafias were the cross analysing of evidence led to lots of butting heads(at one point, I actually thought I’d wandered into the Serious Discussion forum by mistake, until I realized what they were arguing about), which the mafia members exploited shamelessly.
If, for example, there’s heavy debate over whether X is a mafia member or not, and Y is a mafia member who knows that X is a fellow mafia member, Y would be wise to make convincing arguments to support the side that thinks X is NOT a mafia member, in order to loosen the pressure on his teammate. Note that he supports the side, not the idea. If he says outright that “X is not mafia” suspicion will fall thick and heavy on him. On the other hand, if he simply presents the evidence, slanted towards the idea that X is not mafia, and references arguments by the side who believes that X is not mafia, if someone were to challenge this evidence, he would be backed by the whole of the side who believes that X is not mafia; and in Mafia Games, public support is the ultimate goal.

I’ll edit this and post strategies for the non-mafia members soon.