Kosmos [Setting]

56 posts

Flag Post

Introduction

I have created Kosmos as a response to multiple requests to use my game world in other games. I am not capable of managing things incredibly well, and I am only skilled in a few styles of forum game. Kosmos is a fantasy universe designed by me, and potentially others, that is intended to be used as a location for many different games. I hope that this will prove to be useful; and that it will prove to be entirely beneficial to those who choose to use it.

Flag Post

Kosmos Use Guidelines

Guideline 1: The primary goal of Kosmos is to provide a convenient template in which games can take place. It is intended to provide general information that can be used to create a variety of games, spread across many genres and themes.

Guideline 2: I have found that, especially in games with higher amounts of freedom, the tone plays an important part in how the game plays out. The overall tone of Kosmos is entirely neutral; and each game maker is free to add his/her own tone to the game. Kosmos has plenty of room for games ranging from totally serious to entirely comedic.

Guideline 3: Kosmos is meant to expand. If you have a good idea, I encourage you to tell me. By myself, I will not be able to make Kosmos as great as I want it to be; I’m not even able to write down the countless thoughts and ideas that I have. If you do wish to help me expand Kosmos, simply send me a PM.

Guideline 4: Should events from multiple games be in the same place and time, it is perfectly fine for the two gamemakers to reference events or characters from eachother’s games. If there is a major event in a game; the maker should contact the makers of any games he knows to be in the same time and place, and work out how the games will react to the event.

Flag Post

Kosmos Use Requirements

Rule 1: Before announcing a Kosmos game, it must be approved by me via PM.

Rule 2:You are free to add minor changes and events to the Kosmos. Major events or changes, however, must be approved by me via PM. This includes: The creation or destruction of any person, place, group, event, race, artifact, deity, or holiday. Game makers have full permission to create any non-intelligent monster, so long as it is balanced and possible in reasonable fantasy or technology.

Rule 3: If a specific player becomes an issue in a game, the maker may PM me regarding the issue. If the issue is severe enough, I will make a ban note in the Introduction post. All games running under Kosmos will be required to observe the ban list. Please understand that only issues severe enough to ruin the game or severely prevent the enjoyment of other players will result in a ban.

Rule 4: Should a game be severely derailed or ended early, I will remove it from Kosmos, along with any impacts that it has made on the master thread. If a game contradicts information presented here without providing a suitable explanation (Alternate dimension, dream sequence, approved change, ect.); the game will be removed from Kosmos.

Flag Post

Official Kosmos Games

Primordial

Dungeons Inc.

Medieval

RPG of Epic Adventure

Silencia Werewolf

Dungeons Inc: Legacy

The Secret of Nix

The Legion Redux

Modern

You are SAM

Future

The Corporation

Flagship Honos

Extraplanar

Minions

Dreams

Dreams 2 - Shattered

Create Everything

Flag Post

Primordial

The primordial age is the time before time. The world is new, raw magic still flowing throughout the world. Mighty creatures; dragons, giants, demons, angels. Creatures of every variety roam Kosmos, each vying for power… Or survival. Good and evil; law and chaos; earth and air; fire and water. Ancient opposites warring for supremacy. The primordials, omnipotent embodiments of the primal forces. Young deities, taking their places over the mortals… And Dungeons Inc, a group that operates outside of everything; creating the world of legend and fantasy.

Flag Post

Important People

Alexander Rose

A white catfolk, with pink highlights dyed across his fur. Alex is an administrator for Dungeons Inc; who spends most of his time following one whim or another. Absolutely incapable of maintaining focus on anything, and rarely doing his job. He is quite often found cuddling with one or more other catfolk.

Catherine Arthos

A master archer, and leader of the thieves guild. Well known for her long, red hair and her harsh attitude; none challenge Catherine when she directly takes part in combat. The only thing she desires more than gold is power; and she has lots of both.

Flag Post

Important Places

Flag Post

Important Groups

Dungeons Inc.

A powerful group that focuses on capturing evil creatures and sealing them away in dungeons. They are the ones who repair, clean, and restock dungeons that are cleared by parties of adventurers. In possession of vast wealth and power, Dungeons Inc employs members of all races to serve their goal.

Flag Post

Important Events

Flag Post

Races

Flag Post

Artifacts

Dominion

A massive airship that has been under construction for hundreds of years. Though still decades away from completion; it draws countless adventurers and traders. The size of a large city, and bristling with weaponry; the Dominion is the ultimate weapon. Defense-wise; the Dominion is made of pure quartz, with an outer shell of adamantium. Countless redundant systems, anti-magic fields, and self-repair systems ensure that the Dominion will be the most powerful machine of its time.

Flag Post

Deities

The Enigma; Origin of Everything that May or May Not Be

The Enigma is the head of the pantheon of the Old Gods. A dark creature that seems to be a human face of massive proportion, but is composed of thousands upon thousands of individual faces, some human sized, and some much larger or smaller. It talks, its voice composed of a chorus of whispers.

The Void; Lord of the Infinite Abyss

The Void; an old god that holds dominion over the dark abyss of the ocean and the ancient creatures held within. A massive creature consisting of thousands upon thousands of tentacles of various sizes. It has a strange voice, as if formed from running water.

The Pyre; King of Light and Flame

The Pyre is the old god of light and fire. Much like a phoenix, Pyre is composed of a constant flame; various parts of him being reduced to ash and regrowing instantaneously.

The End; Beast of Decay

The End is the old god of rust and decay. The inevitable end of all things; and the destructive hand of nature. It appears as a giant constantly rusting sphere of metal.

The Maelstrom; Essence of Thunder

The Maelstrom, old god of lightning and storms, appears as a massive storm; its voice formed from the crackling of lightning and rolling thunder.

The Seed; Origin of Plants

The Seed, was the only being to ascend to the ranks of the old gods. The source of all plants; the old gods acknowledged its ability to create quickly-changing life.

The Obsidian; Lord of Poison

The Obsidian holds dominion over poisons; natural and artificial. Appearing as a withered human corpse, and speaking with a sick, gurgling voice; The Obsidian is one of the less alien old gods.

The Eternal; The Timeless Earth

The Eternal is the old god of earth and stone. Representing the endurance of stone and its ability to survive the greatest damage; The Eternal appears as a small gem, its voice barely audible.

Nocturne; Queen of the Night

Nocturne is the old god of peace and night. She appears as a female drow; wrapped in thin black veils.

Paradox; Wellspring of the Divine

Paradox is the old god of divine magic. It is from him that lesser deities and clerics draw their powers. Paradox appears as a tall celestial with eight wings.

Xi

Xi is a deity without corporeal form. He is the old god of arcane magic; and the very arcane power that spellcasters make use of.
Death

A force of unimaginable power, reigning over all but the gods themselves. His agents run freely throughout existence. Death is inevitable and eternal.

The Seven Powers

Created by the old gods to punish humanity; the seven powers are manifestations of mankind’s greatest faults. Serving under Death himself, the seven powers actively strive to destroy the entirety of the mortal realm.

Flag Post

Holidays

Flag Post

Medieval

The Medieval era. Knights and archers. Kings and castles. Princes, princesses. Politics, treachery. The rise of the intelligent humanoids over the other races. The formation of kingdoms and armies. The beginning of civilization.

Flag Post

Important People

Alexander Rose

A white catfolk; now without his pink highlights. He rules over the small city of Rosewood; and generally seeks to unite the kingdoms. He sees it is his duty to continue the rumors of Dungeons Inc; and if possible, to reform it. It isn’t known exactly how he has managed to survive this long; and most who begin to question it turn up missing.

Catherine Arthos

Somehow also surviving; Catherine has set herself up as the power behind the throne of a small kingdom buried in the heart of the God-speak mountain range. What she is planning is unknown; but traders always speak of the glory and wealth of her kingdom.

Councilman Eric Symphe

Born among the elite of Thornwall; he ruthlessly lead it to greatness, slowly oppressing the races he saw as “lesser creatures”. Rumors abound that he is working for some darker, malevolent power; but these are mostly based in fiction. In reality, he is simply an angry old bigot; who wants to be remembered as a hero to humanity.

Cyrus ‘Black’ Adolphi

Grandmaster of the criminal guild that has seized control of the human city of Kaalan; he is angry and unpredictable. A former lover of Catherine; she left him for dead and disappeared, along with a small fortune. He has since dedicated his life to killing her; and has recently begun overt movements against every standing government in the known world. For an unknown reason; all of those in his employ are required to have the name ‘Cyrus’ tattooed across their foreheads.

Flag Post

Important Places

Kingdom of Sentii

The only kingdom in the known world that is not ruled by a single leader. Once per year, the rulers of each city (Or, in the case of a city with multiple rulers, a representative.) meet to discuss politics and internal issues. This almost always results in bloodshed; and quite often, a ruler will leave with command over more cities than he came with.

Kingdom of Nix

A strong and self-sufficient kingdom, under the indirect rule of Catherine; Nix is known to be unconquerable. Nix also happens to be a powerful kingdom in the slave trade; and almost all trade routes revolve in or around Nix’s major cities. The only disadvantage that Nix has is that the kingdom is entirely landlocked; and in the event of a blockade, she would have to fall back on her self-sufficiency.

The Northern Plains

The only lands truly under the dominion of the Orcs; the northern plains are wild and free. Of course; most of the civilized races have tried to push their borders northward and conquer the orcs, but they have been met with a primitive but effective defense. The orcs are lead by one they call ‘The Great Khan’, a warlord of immense power. In trade of their allegiance, he has organized their defense and even reclaimed land that had been taken by the other kingdoms.

Barduk

A generic border town somewhere between the kingdoms of Sentii and Nix. Aside from its advanced multi-culturalism for the time, its not a very interesting place at all… or so any visiting outsiders would think. Unbeknownst to most, it has slowly been infiltrated by the Legion, and has fought to preserve its existence since the revealing of the group’s existence.

Flag Post

Important Groups

The Ruby Guard

A powerful team of warriors, spellcasters, and thieves hand-picked by Lord Rose as his personal agents. Whether guarding him or simply running errands; the Ruby Guard are respected as the best of the best. Even in hostile areas; most will not stand to challenge the Ruby Guard, which Alex uses to test the wills of other leaders.

The Thornwall Legion

The most powerful army in Sentii; and the most powerful fleet in the known world. Their signature colors, Silver and Sapphire, inspire fear in all they march against. When they are deployed, a single councilman is given control of the forces; and relieved of his status should he fail.

The Shadowswift Guild

A criminal gang lead by the unstable ‘Black’; they have begun spreading chaos throughout the known world. Recently, they rose to power in the human city of Kaalan; seizing control in a matter of hours and destroying all form of established government in the city.

The Legion

A powerful group of extraplanar beings that have recently found their way into this plane. According to rumors, they are a race of powerful energy beings that seek to destroy each of the infinite planes one-by-one. In reality, of course, they simply seek to control and change our reality to better-support their existence. Also of note is that the creatures do have a physical form; and are known to specialize in all sorts of combat specialties.

Flag Post

Important Events

Capture of Barduk: The extraplanar force known as the Legion takes command of Barduk, using it as a base of operations. Since its capture, it appears to have faded from existence entirely.

Flag Post

Races

Flag Post

Artifacts

Dominion

A millennia-old weapon; capable of untold destruction. Scattered through its halls are ancient treasures taken from its previous conquests. Abandoned after its last owner, the Dark Queen, was sealed within her throne; Dominion has floated aimlessly through the clouds. Just recently though, it has begun attacking various cities; implying that it has a new commander.

Flag Post

Deities

Flag Post

Holidays

Flag Post

Modern

Global warfare. Doomsday weapons. Guns and bombs. Gangs, unrestrained capitalism. Hatred, prejudice, anarchy. The modern era is the dawn of a new age; and the dying blow of the old age. A time of contradiction and hypocracy; of hatred and fear. Truly the darkest era of time for any world; the modern area is just as dystopian in Kosmos as in our own world.

Flag Post

Important People

Alexander Rose

Alexander is a catfolk; and is said to be insane. He wanders the shadows, telling stories of magic and adventure. If he did not claim to be a spellcaster, or an immortal, many would just consider him imaginative. But; because of his immense obsession with, and belief in, his stories; he has been institutionalized several times… Of course, odd events seem to follow him; and he is the source of many unexplained phenomenon.

Catherine Athros

Catherine is, as usual, managing various criminal elements. Unlike Alex; she is proactive enough to hide her past and change identities every few years. Her criminal empire focuses on global weapon smuggling; as well as creating wars, so that she can sell to both sides. Many agents, whether government or private, have come after her; almost all of them changing loyalties or turning up dead.

Flag Post

Important Places