[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread

3725 posts

Flag Post

This thread will be used to post your new game ideas. As a member of the Forum Games community, you may post on this thread with your game ideas and allow others to vote on their favorite. Suggestions and constructive criticism are encouraged.

All separate threads created for this purpose will be deleted as spam by a moderator*.

*A moderator is a fictional character created by the Forum Games Editors to scare Forum Games players and prevent them from breaking rules.

Flag Post

Vote on a thread title for this thread! You may also suggest a new name.

Official “Choose My Next Game!” Thread: 2 vote
The Official Game Choice Thread: 1 vote
The Official Game Poll Thread: 1 vote

EDIT: Vote closed. I kinda played around with numbers to make it add up.

Flag Post

Nice to see you took the people’s ideas, are making FG better, and less clogged with un-games.

Theme is Wild Western. :P

Game #1
I was thinking of making a mafia, 10vs10 (kinda), Wild West style. It would be bands of settlers, and with every settlement there are thugs. Two seemingly normal people are on each team, they know each other, and agree on someone to NK every night. If one dies, the other does everything with 75% success rate.

In the day, one person from each team is voted off as a thug, and for entertainment, sent to battle the alleged thug of the other team or settlement. Being easily impressionable and superstitious, the people think if the person survives two brawls, he is not evil, and gets to come back. He will only be investigated and cleared/confirmed once dead.
I will use a 1-2 generator to decide winners, btw.

There will be special roles, like one Marshal on each team, who win if they are voted off and come back after two brawls. Or others such as the gambler, which pick a man each night who they think will die, and win if successful twice.

Game #2

Another Wild West game, and mafia-ish. It’s marshals vs banditos, but it’s like people are in combat. Instead of day and night, there will be turns. Starts out as a shoot out, where EVERYONE PMs me someone to kill, with 75% success rate, and they go in order I receive them.

In other words, the shootout goes like this:

PMs:

Player A: Shoot “Player C” a few moments ago
Player C: Shoot “Player B” 4 minutes ago
Player B: Shoot “Player D” 9 minutes ago
Player D: Shoot “Player B” 10 minutes ago

Gameplay:

So, D would shoot Player B. Easy. He’s the first one. If he makes the 75%, he’s free for now.
B is no longer able to play, and since he chose D, is canceled out. He falls.
Player C is next. He shoots B, but B has already fallen, and he therefor misses.
Player A is last, and he shoots C. No one shot him, luckily, so if he makes the shot, one less person to deal with.

Two winners. A and D

Or, say D misses, and B makes the shot on him.
D is dead, B is alive. C shoots B next, and makes it.
A shoots C and makes it. Everyone but A is dead, so he wins the shootout.

Note: There will be more players, so there’ll be more survivors, able to do the next steps.

Then, they move to battle, where they go to cover and try to pick each other off again, now with 50% success rate. (The cover provides protection) They do this for three more turns, and if a winner does not emerge, they start getting tactical, and gain 75% success rate on kills. First team to wipe out the other one, all remaining players win.
I think I might add a 10% chance the bullet doesn’t kill you, but lowers accuracy 25%

It’d be a mafia, but not, and fast paced. I would probably do 2 or 3 rounds because it would go by fast. Might even add roles, as to what weapons people are carrying.

Game #3

The others are Wild West, so why not a third? This one would be a Wild West RP, with shootouts, doctor visits, public bountys, lawmen, and rewards for bringing in criminals. Think Red Dead Textvolver or Red Dead Retextion.

So, players could band up in groups and raid villages, or invade gang hideouts, unlock weapons, ride horses, hunt. Btw, the ‘unlock weapons’ would be, visit a dealer OR gunshop, and they supply you after a one time purchase after unlock.

Players could travel freely, fight gangs, rob gold mines, become famous or rich, anything. Anything Wild Western is able to do or become.

Flag Post

I’d say make another mafia. I might be wrong, but the amount of mafias has seemed to drop recently.

Flag Post

Sorry I didn’t make this myself. I was planning to later today (It’s the first day of summer for me), but I was forced to clean up around the house. Anyways, thanks for taking the initiative FG!

Flag Post

Feel free to edit it with more information and give yourself credit for the idea.

Flag Post

Oh, I didn’t want credit for it – A bunch of other people have had the idea before I did. I was simply sorry that someone else had to take the time due to my delay.

Flag Post

I think a wild west rp would do well. I would play it, for one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slothman400:

I think a wild west rp would do well. I would play it, for one.

It seems every vote has gone to that one. Might as well do it, but you guys will have to wait until my other RP is ended or dies.

Flag Post

I’ll vote for the WW RP as well.

Also, for deleting your previous topic: Delete all of your posts (Other than the first post, obviously). That should lower the number of posts back to 10. The option to delete the topic will appear next to the title.

Flag Post

I might post a thread, where you guys could shoot ideas, reflect on others and mine, and overall tell me what you want to make of the game. If you guys want this, it will be up until my other game falls, and you will have tons of time to brainstorm and decide. It might also turn into the Sign-ups thread, so I don’t have to make another thread.

Yes or no?

Flag Post

#1. I was thinking either a Pokemon Role-Playing Game where you could be a trainer or a pokemon. The pokemon could be made by science like mewtwo or a wild or a starter. They could battle explore etc. etc.

#2. A naruto role-play. They would select the village they would like to be in. The one with the most picks is where everyone would start in. They could Train with others battle etc. etc. And you make you charecter

#3.A simple Game Tourney with different subjects the signers would choose.

Pick your favorite.

Flag Post

Three. I’m not really a fan of Game Tourneys, though.

Flag Post

I made my game…..feel free to sign.

Flag Post

I’d just like to clarify that this, whenever it dies, should still be used when necessary. I don’t want to hear the “oh sorry I knew about this thread but I didn’t post in it because it was inactive” excuse in 2014…

Flag Post

I was thinking of making a second hostility game. It would be placed on the north pole of the planet from the first hostility game. It would be called something like “Hostility: Great North”. Anyone interested?

Flag Post

This should totally be stickied.

Flag Post

I’m doin’ it again.

Bluji’s Next Game

1. Down to On3 (Down to One 3)
Votes: zero
Down 2 One (Down to One 2) is ending soon. Down to On3 would follow the same pattern: multiple rounds of 24 to 48 hours, and finally, ending with an epic final round leading Down to One!

2. Life’s a Mafia Game
Votes: two (coolo2011, blakzer)
Jack Moore is an ordinary man with a wife, a lovely daughter, a nice house and a well-payed job. But Jack’s life also has a dark side. Alcohol, gambling, depression… Can he survive his dark side to see a bright and a long life, or will his death be tragic by alcohol or depression?
This game is a normal mafia game with a slight twist. Each player is an aspect of Jack’s life. Which means that if the player whose role is “Jack’s Wife” gets nightkilled, the day-starting message may introduce something like:
Jack woke up in the morning. It was a rainy day, and Jack wondered it a bit, because when he had watched the television in last evening, the weatherman had said it will be a sunny morning. When Jack finally arrived to the kitchen, he understood what was wrong. His wife, Shirley and a gun were laying on the kitchen floor. There was a suicide note on the table. “Jack, I just couldn’t handle the debts anymore. I’m sorry. Shirley.”

3. Deepspace
Votes: two (AdeebNafees, Fogfun)
“Welcome to Deepspace. This place could be a dream for you. Or maybe, by your best chances, it will be your biggest nightmare.” Deepspace, a zone of neither reality nor fantasy, is a place where you must let go and trust your senses to continue. Psychological puzzles, gaming and many other things will come to your way while wandering out in the Deepspace. It is a place which seems like a person, though neither a man nor a woman, god nor demon, song nor story. It is nothing, while it is everything. Can you survive?

Flag Post

Deepsace. Sounds a lot like The CUBE, except less mechanized. Go for it!

Also, in case anyone is wondering regarding its inactivity, I am slightly busy. This guy who challenged me and…

*vague whisperings*

Flag Post

Deepspace.

Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Also, in case anyone is wondering regarding its inactivity, I am slightly busy. This guy who challenged me and…

*vague whisperings*

XD

Flag Post

My next game over here!
1. World War 0.5 Votes:0
A medieval RP where primitive versions of aliens come down to Earth and start fighting. They’re primitive so you can be either side without being overpowered. The story goes a little like this: A group of aliens were sent out on a mission to conquer any planet with life on, to prove to their planet and all others that they mean business. They studied Earth for months before building weapons to match the humans and came down. They first started in the town of Myrtledor, the location for most of the game. The ending would be based on things like RP quality from each side so any side with Adeeb, Fog, Gambi, pludr or B_S automatically wins The sign ups would remain open until the game is close to ending.
2. Cliche Title Votes:1 [Adeeb]
A modern RP set in Cliche Town after a radiation leak giving rise to people with powers, reffered to as the Superpowered Ones. The Mayor of Cliche Town decided it would be best for the town to be put in a quarantine. However, since the army couldn’t get in, it quickly decended into chaos. two factions arose: Heroes, dedicated to defending the town and the world, and Villains, wanting to take over the town and use it to take over the world. The sign-ups would remain open for most of the game, and which faction wins is decided by things like RP quality so Adeeb, Gambi, plud, Fog and B_S autowins.
3.Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy mafia Votes:2 [Jimbo, Fog]
Self explanatory.

Any ideas for all three games are welcome!

Flag Post
Originally posted by coolo2011:

My next game over here!
1. World War 0.5 Votes:0
A medieval RP where primitive versions of aliens come down to Earth and start fighting. They’re primitive so you can be either side without being overpowered. The story goes a little like this: A group of aliens were sent out on a mission to conquer any planet with life on, to prove to their planet and all others that they mean business. They studied Earth for months before building weapons to match the humans and came down. They first started in the town of Myrtledor, the location for most of the game. The ending would be based on things like RP quality from each side so any side with Adeeb automatically wins The sign ups would remain open until the game is close to ending.
2. Cliche Title Votes:0
A modern RP set in Cliche Town after a radiation leak giving rise to people with powers, reffered to as the Superpowered Ones. The Mayor of Cliche Town decided it would be best for the town to be put in a quarantine. However, since the army couldn’t get in, it quickly decended into chaos. two factions arose: Heroes, dedicated to defending the town and the world, and Villains, wanting to take over the town and use it to take over the world. The sign-ups would remain open for most of the game, and which faction wins is decided by things like RP quality so Adeeb autowins.
3.Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy mafia Votes:0
Self explanatory.

Any ideas for all three games are welcome!

Must make!!!!!

Flag Post

I am confused in voting between 1 and 2 Actually, the side with Fogfun or Blood_shadow would win. Ahem. Also, I have finally decided to vote for 2 And I will snipe you tonight for repeatedly typing in my name and forgetting everyone else. Where is pludr, Gambi, Blood, Fog etc?

Flag Post

Alas for jimbo14 is recognized not.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

I am confused in voting between 1 and 2 Actually, the side with Fogfun or Blood_shadow would win. Ahem. Also, I have finally decided to vote for 2 And I will snipe you tonight for repeatedly typing in my name and forgetting everyone else. Where is pludr, Gambi, Blood, Fog etc?

Ok, I’ll add your vote and everybody else’s name. The side with Gambi in would win anyway because Gambi would kill everyone else.