[Game-Related] The "Choose My Next Game!" Thread page 123

3800 posts

Flag Post

I decided to try something different and create a competition, though I have a few ideas. Choose the idea you want the most, and I’ll start the game sometime after Percentage Mafia ends (but at least a week later, to avoid breaking the “1 game per week” rule). All challenges require screenshot evidence, and you can’t show off your fancy high score that got you on the leaderboards to gain credit either.

Ex Machina

Knockout-based competition. Each turn lasts around 72 hours on average, with more time being allocated for the longer challenges. If everyone finishes the challenge, the turn automatically ends. When sign-ups end, a random theme is chosen. From that theme, players must achieve a goal before the turn ends. Depending on how early/well they did on the challenge, they will be awarded points, with zero being awarded to anyone who failed to finish the challenge. When a turn ends, the player(s) with the least points that turn will instantly lose the game. Later turns award more points, so it is entirely possible for a comeback from last place.

Revvind A

Players attempt to get the least amount of points, both in the challenges and in the thread. Not submitting your answer will result in a heavy score penalty, in the form of gaining more unwanted points. The winner is the person with the least points. Lightning rounds will occasionally appear for 24 hours, and reduce the points of the people who clear it.

Revvind B

Like Revvind A, but knockout based.

Flag Post

stacking

(written from a mobile device so please excuse grammar and formatting)

knockout tournament

even amount of players join

players face off in a 1v1 battle

each player has 100 soldiers and (maybe 1 militia)

each player starts by pming me how many soldiers they want to send to the opposing team

e.g.

player 1: 12 soldiers

player 2: 15 soldiers

player 2 has 3 more soldiers.

player 2 wins the battle

the soldiers get subtracted from their total soldier count and player 2 gets 1 win

p1: 0 win 88 soldiers
p2: 1 win 85 soldiers

then they battle again

p1: 44 soldiers
p2: 55 soldiers

result

p1: 0 win 44 soldiers
p2 2 win 30 soldiers

and again

p1: 11 soldiers
p2: militia

wait what? what is a militia you might ask?a militia is a team of volunteers that fight. they stop the incoming soldiers and it becomes a tie. very useful when opponent sends a high amount of soldiers

result: tie
p1: 0 win 33 soldiers 1 militia
p2: 2 win 30 soldiers 0 militia

then again

p1: 3 soldiers
p2 30 soldiers

result

p1: 0 win 3 soldiers 1 militia
p2: 3 win 0 soldiers 0 militia

p2 has no more soldiers so p1 wins 1 round with remaining soldiers

p1: 1 win 0 soldiers 1 militia
p2: 3 win 0 soldiers 0 militia

p2 wins and p1 is eliminated

winner music activate

stacking alternative

same knockout stuff each player gets 100 soldiers 1 militia

p1: 70 soldiers
p2: 1 soldier (lol owned)

result

p1: winner 30 ready soldiers 70 tired soldiers 1 militia
p2: 0 wins 99 ready soldiers 0 tired soldiers 1 militia

tired soldiers can not be used; it can be used again after a turn

turn 2

p1: 20 soldiers
p2: 19 soldiers
result
p1 2 wins ( previous tired soldiers are rdy again) 80 ready soldiers 20 tired soldiers 1 militia
p2 is getting owned

what do you think

Flag Post

Mspeedy, using a mobile device is not excusable for avoiding every single capital letter you can, and using very little periods.

In other words, I do not support either idea, mainly because I have trouble reading with a lack sentence structure. Also, the idea goes on for far too long, making it too long and annoying for me to read to bother with supporting.

Flag Post

So, um.

I have an eyedia. I already expressed this in the Updates and Announcements thread, but thought might as well put it here. It’s a half-closed, half-open mafia.

Flag Post

Mspeedy’s idea, rewritten:

Stacking

It is a knockout tournament. Even number of players can join. The players face off in a 1v1 battle (AKA divided in pairs).

Each player has 100 soldiers (and maybe 1 militia).

Each player starts by PMing me how many soldiers they want to send to the opposing team.

Example Game:

Player 1: Send 12 soldiers
Player 2: Send 15 soldiers

Player 2 sent 3 more soldiers, so Player 2 wins the battle.

These sent soldiers get subtracted from their total soldier count. Player 2 gets 1 win recorded.

Result:

P1: 0 win, 88 soldiers
P2: 1 win, 85 soldiers

Then they battle again.

P1: Send 44 soldiers
P2: Send 55 soldiers

Player 2 sent 11 more soldiers, so Player 2 wins the battle.

Result:

P1: 0 win 44 soldiers
P2 2 win 30 soldiers

They battle again.

P1: Send 11 soldiers
P2: Send 1 militia

Wait what? What is a militia, you might ask. A militia is a team of volunteers that fight. They stop the incoming soldiers and it becomes a tie (instead of awarding a win or loss). Very useful when the opponent sends in a large number of soldiers (they lose the soldiers, and you don’t lose any).

Result: Tie (no one gets wins)

(Now showing the militia)

P1: 0 win, 33 soldiers, 1 militia
P2: 2 win, 30 soldiers, 0 militia

Another battle:

P1: Send 3 soldiers
P2: Send 30 soldiers

Result:

P1: 0 win, 3 soldiers, 1 militia
P2: 3 win, 0 soldiers, 0 militia

P2 has no more soldiers so P1 wins 1 round with the remaining soldiers

Result:

P1: 1 win, 0 soldiers, 1 militia
P2: 3 win, 0 soldiers, 0 militia

P2 wins and P1 is eliminated, as P2 has more wins.

*winner music activated*

Stacking (alternative)

Same knockout stuff. Each player gets 100 ready soldiers and 1 militia (as before).

Example Game:

P1: Send 70 soldiers
P2: Send 1 soldier (lol owned)

Result:

P1: 1 win, 30 ready soldiers, 70 tired soldiers, 1 militia
P2: 0 wins, 99 ready soldiers, 0 tired soldier, 1 militia (that 1 soldier obviously died)

Tired soldiers can’t be used for the very next turn. After one turn, the tired soldiers are converted back into ready soldiers.

Battling again.

P1: Send 20 soldiers
P2: Send 19 soldiers

Result:

P1: 2 wins, 80 ready soldiers, 20 tired soldiers, 1 militia
P2: 0 wins, 80 ready soldiers, 0 tired soldier, 1 militia (is getting owned)

What do you think?

Personally, I think the first version is flawed. You just need to somehow get a win, then send in the remaining soldiers in your army (when you are sure your opponent isn’t going to send in a militia). Since you will obviously win this battle, and since you no longer have any other soldiers, your opponent will get 1 win, and insta-lose. Needs balancing so that if you have more soldiers left alive when you opponent hits 0, you get more wins than 1.

In the alternative, whoever loses the first two battles is likely to lose the rest. Why not have it so that no one loses soldiers, and first to reach 5/10 wins is the winner?

@Jask: Already approved. Nice idea.

Flag Post

Sounds like a good idea

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

So, um.

I have an eyedia. I already expressed this in the Updates and Announcements thread, but thought might as well put it here. It’s a half-closed, half-open mafia.

Approval sent. I seen some done before, and they seem to require less upkeep compared to a closed mafia, but more to an open mafia (role-wise).

Flag Post

Remember that game Mexican stand off? I want to make a space ship game that is similar to it, which also reminds me of navy battles. Like phases and turns.
There will be teams, tactics and options. You would have to take the terrain into effect. This example is unorganized.
You have move points which you can use to activate shields, move, stunts,hide..ETC.

Game Play

The Heart breakers( name of the ship)Report

Shields at 92 percent
Integrity at 99 percent
1500 meters away from the Bull Frog
No asteroids
Gravity x.05
etc.
(medium risk of invasion failure)
-The Heart Breakers turn

Advance at slowest speed to the Bullfrog
Send in Raid teams 50 out of 100(or shock troopers blah blah, there will be many options.)
Send Drill missiles 4/8 to port side horizontally of The bullfrog (If you use a missile you need to wait a turn until it reloads.)
Charge Up Ion cannon

End of turn

Bullfrogs report
--
Shields at 89 percent
Integrity at 99 percent
900 meters away from The Heart Breakers
No asteroids
Gravity x.05
etc.

Bull frogs turn
Activate 5 out of 10 Enzyme bombs, target the The Heart Breaker
Disengage 30 out of 70 fighter pilots to repel borders.
Full power to forward shields.
Activate flares to distract all missiles
Emergency thrusters to star board side, diagonal ascent

Result

Heart Breaker
Drill missiles 4 out of 4 MISSED! Bull frog shields 89% – 84% Integrity:99(thanks to the shields and thrusters)
Raid teams 19 out of 50 successfully boarded the Bull Frog integrity 99% – 90%(raid teams flanked the shield and entered from behind.)
Ion cannon charged and ready

Bullfrog

3 out of 5 enzyme bombs HIT! *The heart breaker shields 92% – to 79% Integrity at 99%
Fighter Pilots 30 out of 30 destroyed.

You get my drift?
I just need to tweak it out, try to organize it, make it better.
There will be a couple of modes like juggernaut, team battle,simple things

ps. Sorry I didn’t proof read.

I will need help and suggestions to get this game rolling!

Flag Post

bump

Flag Post

my idea is still the best one as there is’t many games like it

Flag Post
Originally posted by scorpion1m:

my idea is still the best one as there is’t many games like it

Because no one is so stupid to create a game like that. :P

Flag Post

What do you think of my idea?

Flag Post

So the next posts belong to my new One Piece game.
Also please approve in the MFGFT.
EDIT: Thank you for no reply.

Flag Post

I’d like to elaborate on the Fire Emblem game and CYOA I discussed in the Master Thread. Also, in the case of the CYOA, there are two choices.

Forum Eternity

Because it is rather complex, a small wall of text that describes the general idea follows. Before the game actually begins, I’ll want the opinions of everyone who signed/reserved to decide how complex the game is.

A Fire Emblem-like game. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Fire Emblem, it plays a lot like Nintendo Wars (ex. Advance Wars), but it is very hard to replace units, and much easier to heal them. I recommend going to the Fire Emblem Wiki if you need more information. Unlike Fire Emblem, however, is that there is height systems. Being on High Ground adds more range on lower grounds, at the expense of accuracy, while being on low ground adds evasion, at the expense of range. Map-based, and players choose a starting point, indicated by a randomly-picked color that isn’t green, blue, or red. FFA-based, has Fog-o-War.

If players decide to have AI units, they will be represented by Grey. There will also be more starting points/colors than actual players, and tiles will be revealed in a 3×3 square, with the players in the center (though tiles the player moved through will also be revealed in a similar way). Every few turns, the map changes slightly and shrinks, though players will be pushed inwards if they were at the edge of the map when the borders closed in.

Despite never playing a Fire Emblem game (at all), I have an understanding of how the game works. Units can also do nothing (More Weapons variation, since you can change weapons in it) to recover a free 3 HP or use one of their three Vulns to recover more HP.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

A Generic CYOA (Universal)

Players choose the character’s affinity (Good, Neutral, Bad) by vote, choose a setting based on three time periods (Fantasy, Present, Sci-fi), decide upon powers I select (even if they seem overpowered, I will balance them) and then do stuff. There will always be someone much more heroic or evil than the character, and some choices will be denied to morals. The goal changes depending on the character’s decided affinity and things that happen. Includes a map that shows what is left to do in each area.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

A Generic CYOA (Closed)

People sign up, and choose their personal affinity for the game (Good, Neutral, Bad), then they all decide upon the setting (Fantasy, Present, Sci-Fi), pick any power relating to the setting (ex. Telekinesis for Present, Super-Strength for Sci-Fi and Present) then the game is similar to a CYOA/RP hybird. Players can “steal powers” from others if the other person has been inactive for 2 turns, kicking that player from the game, though affinities will merge into the character, and only one power can be used at a time. Includes an in-game map, game ends when one of the Neutral characters’ major objectives (ex. beat the demon that will take over the world) is complete.

Flag Post

I’m partial to a Closed Generic CYOA. I’m not generally a huge fan of unstructured RP’s, so this sounds pretty much perfect.

Flag Post

I like the closed CYOA idea.

Flag Post

Hey guys, I have been sitting on this idea for a while and I figured I would throw it out there, see if anyone was interested and if it would be worth my time to work on this idea, since I’d also be creating a setting and all along with it.

Basically there is a world I have yet to name(I hate naming things), featuring a number of races from generic humans to a warrior lizard race, giants, dwarves, and a magical shadowy race. To summarize the plot as quickly as possible, the lizards don’t like the humans. The humans outlaw necromancy. The lizards give safe haven to necromancers because they can. Jump forward a 1000 or two years and an insanely powerful necromancer leads an army of necromancers and their undead to attack the human empire. Enter players who have some reason to be on the run, fighting, or otherwise dislike the necromancers, and go off to save the day and proceed to walk into the convenient sunset.

I did have about 8 pages of work in backstory and things about the place(and a name), but I lost that the last time I changed computers. So yea, making the game will probably take a while, mainly due me procrastinating and ‘not feeling like writing’ sometimes. I do remember some of the details, so feel free to ask me questions. Thanks for reading(assuming you didn’t skip through most of this).

Flag Post

If you put that much work into it, I would be glad to play it.

Flag Post

[Question:]

Can we play as a necromancer?

Flag Post
Originally posted by arkenarken:

[Question:]

Can we play as a necromancer?

That is an option I had put some though into before. I was originally thinking no, but I can’t remember why or think of a good reason why not, so yes.

Flag Post

minecraft

Flag Post
Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

Hey guys, I have been sitting on this idea for a while and I figured I would throw it out there, see if anyone was interested and if it would be worth my time to work on this idea, since I’d also be creating a setting and all along with it.

Basically there is a world I have yet to name(I hate naming things), featuring a number of races from generic humans to a warrior lizard race, giants, dwarves, and a magical shadowy race. To summarize the plot as quickly as possible, the lizards don’t like the humans. The humans outlaw necromancy. The lizards give safe haven to necromancers because they can. Jump forward a 1000 or two years and an insanely powerful necromancer leads an army of necromancers and their undead to attack the human empire. Enter players who have some reason to be on the run, fighting, or otherwise dislike the necromancers, and go off to save the day and proceed to walk into the convenient sunset.

I did have about 8 pages of work in backstory and things about the place(and a name), but I lost that the last time I changed computers. So yea, making the game will probably take a while, mainly due me procrastinating and ‘not feeling like writing’ sometimes. I do remember some of the details, so feel free to ask me questions. Thanks for reading(assuming you didn’t skip through most of this).

I’d play that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

sounds cool

Flag Post

Well it’s good to know that there is some interest.
Bump for possibly more opinions and or questions?

Flag Post

People are lazy. This is an unfortunate fact that I simply cannot get around. In any RP I make, the players can only react to what I throw at them; they can’t seem to act on their own. Thus, I’m forced to create the entire plot for them, every single little step along the way. I really don’t want to because it’s tiring.

Now, what if I just make more or less an open sandbox? I’ll give some general description of a setting, like a planet or something. The players are then allowed to make entire factions in the game rather than simply individual characters; in fact there will even be a signup sheet for player-made organizations. And the players will interact with one another using their organizations, hereby creating the plot. It’ll almost be a “nations of the world” type of strategy game, except with more focus on the story than merely “winning”. That’s what I want in the end, a story. I myself will not be creating any organizations in this sandbox of a game unless absolutely necessary, because I don’t want the players to fall into the mentality that only I can create the plot.

So will something like this work? Or will it stagnate and die out even more quickly than usual RPs due to player laziness?