Eos (Setting)

67 posts

Flag Post

R4L
This is inspired by Kosmos, and is a setting for multiple games, not 1 game.
I have permission from Captian_Catface to use any and all Kosmos material, due to some personal matters of his.
There will be 12 reserves.

Flag Post

What is Eos?
Is it an RP? A mafia? A thread that has a ton of rhetorical questions in it’s description? It is all three of these things and more. Eos is a whole universe of locations where Forum Games can be set in, inspired by Kosmos by Captain_Catface.

There are many ways you can use and contribute to Eos, so keep reading!

NOTE: I have been given permission from Captain_Catface to use any and all materials from Kosmos I see fit.

Flag Post

Eos Use Guidelines

Guideline 1: The primary goal of Eos is to provide a convenient template in which games can take place. It is intended to provide general information that can be used to create a variety of games, spread across many genres and themes.

Guideline 2: I have found that, especially in games with higher amounts of freedom, the tone plays an important part in how the game plays out. The overall tone of Eos is entirely neutral; and each game maker is free to add his/her own tone to the game. Eos has plenty of room for games ranging from totally serious to entirely comedic.

Guideline 3: Eos is meant to expand. If you have a good idea, I encourage you to tell me. By myself, I will not be able to make Eos as great as I want it to be; I’m not even able to write down the countless thoughts and ideas that I have. If you do wish to help me expand Eos, simply send me a PM.

Guideline 4: Should events from multiple games be in the same place and time, it is perfectly fine for the two gamemakers to reference events or characters from eachother’s games. If there is a major event in a game; the maker should contact the makers of any games he knows to be in the same time and place, and work out how the games will react to the event.

Flag Post

Eos Use Requirements

Rule 1: Before announcing an Eos game, it must be approved by me via PM.

Rule 2: You are free to add minor changes and events to the Eos universe. Major events or changes, however, must be approved by me via PM. This includes: The creation or destruction of any person, place, group, event, race, artifact, deity, or holiday. Game makers have full permission to create any non-intelligent monster, so long as it is balanced and possible in reasonable fantasy or technology.

Rule 3: If a specific player becomes an issue in a game, the maker may PM me regarding the issue. If the issue is severe enough, I will make a ban note in the Contribution post. All games running under Eos will be required to observe the ban list. Please understand that only issues severe enough to ruin the game or severely prevent the enjoyment of other players will result in a ban.

Rule 4: Should a game be severely derailed or ended early, I will remove it from Eos, along with any impacts that it has made on the master thread. If a game contradicts information presented here without providing a suitable explanation (Alternate dimension, dream sequence, approved change, ect.); the game will be removed from Eos.

Flag Post

Official Eos Games

Primordial

Medieval

Modern

Future

Post-Apocalyptic

Extraplanar
Darkspell

Flag Post

Primordial

The primordial age is the time before time. The world is new, raw magic still flowing throughout the world. Mighty creatures; dragons, giants, demons, angels. Creatures of every variety roam Eos, each vying for power… Or survival. Good and evil; law and chaos; earth and air; fire and water. Ancient opposites warring for supremacy. The primordials, omnipotent embodiments of the primal forces. Young deities, taking their places over the mortals… And much, much more.

Important People

Important Places

Important Groups

Important Events

Races

Artifacts

Deities

The Enigma; Origin of Everything that May or May Not Be
The Enigma is the head of the pantheon of the Old Gods. A dark creature that seems to be a human face of massive proportion, but is composed of thousands upon thousands of individual faces, some human sized, and some much larger or smaller. It talks, its voice composed of a chorus of whispers.

The Void; Lord of the Infinite Abyss
The Void; an old god that holds dominion over the dark abyss of the ocean and the ancient creatures held within. A massive creature consisting of thousands upon thousands of tentacles of various sizes. It has a strange voice, as if formed from running water.

The Pyre; King of Light and Flame
The Pyre is the old god of light and fire. Much like a phoenix, Pyre is composed of a constant flame; various parts of him being reduced to ash and regrowing instantaneously.

The End; Beast of Decay
The End is the old god of rust and decay. The inevitable end of all things; and the destructive hand of nature. It appears as a giant constantly rusting sphere of metal.

The Maelstrom; Essence of Thunder
The Maelstrom, old god of lightning and storms, appears as a massive storm; its voice formed from the crackling of lightning and rolling thunder.

The Seed; Origin of Plants
The Seed, was the only being to ascend to the ranks of the old gods. The source of all plants; the old gods acknowledged its ability to create quickly-changing life.

The Obsidian; Lord of Poison
The Obsidian holds dominion over poisons; natural and artificial. Appearing as a withered human corpse, and speaking with a sick, gurgling voice; The Obsidian is one of the less alien old gods.

The Eternal; The Timeless Earth
The Eternal is the old god of earth and stone. Representing the endurance of stone and its ability to survive the greatest damage; The Eternal appears as a small gem, its voice barely audible.

Nocturne; Queen of the Night
Nocturne is the old god of peace and night. She appears as a female drow; wrapped in thin black veils.

Paradox; Wellspring of the Divine
Paradox is the old god of divine magic. It is from him that lesser deities and clerics draw their powers. Paradox appears as a tall celestial with eight wings.

Xi
Xi is a deity without corporeal form. He is the old god of arcane magic; and the very arcane power that spellcasters make use of.

Death
A force of unimaginable power, reigning over all but the gods themselves. His agents run freely throughout existence. Death is inevitable and eternal.

The Seven Powers
Created by the old gods to punish humanity; the seven powers are manifestations of mankind’s greatest faults. Serving under Death himself, the seven powers actively strive to destroy the entirety of the mortal realm.

Sylva: Holder of Mortals

Sylva is the old god who created mortals. She is the only god that opposes The Seven Powers and Death. She will openly fight with The Seven Powers in the aid of mortals, and appears to protect against Death until she deems the life Death seeks ready to be taken. She appears as a beautiful woman, who’s voice is that which comforts the person who hears it the most.

Fate: Keeper of the Sands

Fate is the old god of destiny and time, who is the Keeper of the Destined Hourglass, which contains the sand of time. From this she can tell what is meant to be for each and every human. Sister to Sylva, Holder of Mortals, Fate instructs Sylva in when Death is meant to come for a human. Fate’s physical manifestation is unknown, as she never descends to see mortals. Her voice is often heard mysteriously inside peoples heads. It sounds like the trickle of sand town a mountain.

Holidays

Flag Post

Medieval

The Medieval era. Knights and archers. Kings and castles. Princes, princesses. Politics, treachery. The rise of the intelligent humanoids over the other races. The formation of kingdoms and armies. The beginning of civilization.

Important People

Important Places

Important Groups

Important Events

Races

Artifacts

Deities

Holidays

Flag Post

Modern

Global warfare. Doomsday weapons. Guns and bombs. Gangs, unrestrained capitalism. Hatred, prejudice, anarchy. The modern era is the dawn of a new age; and the dying blow of the old age. A time of contradiction and hypocracy; of hatred and fear. Truly the darkest era of time for any world; the modern area is just as dystopian in Eos as in our own world.

Important People

Important Places

Important Groups

Important Events

Races

Artifacts

Deities

Holidays

Flag Post

Future

Machines, aliens, lasers, plasma. Megacorporations that rule over entire planets. Corporate assassins, being paid fortunes to attack other companies. Everyone, trying to make everything, faster than everyone else. Always on the brink of war, this era is far more dangerous; but far more advanced, than any other era.

Important People

Important Places

Important Groups

Important Events

Races

Artifacts

Deities

Holidays

Flag Post

Post-Apocalyptic
The end of the world. Or so humanity though. Radiation ravages the now-barren lands of many planets. Some areas and planets are isolated oasis that were never hit when the weapons were fired, weapons of destructive capabilities greater than that of the Atomic bomb, which had long ago been discontinued for Rad-orbs and other devices to destroy life. Life survived in many ways, like going into large underground shelters called Vaults, or going into space before they were hit. Some people survived the radiation, but were horribly mutated into a humanoid creature. Others somehow survived using the dormant forces of magic from the Primidorals. And others… well, it’s lucky skeleton’s can’t live. Or can they…

(Note: This is not from Kosmos, this is original. And for those of you who will point this out, yes, this is inspired by Fallout, and yes,the Courier and the Wanderer are supposed to reference the Courier and the Lone Wander, the playable characters in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.)

Important People

“The Courier”

“The Courier”, as people call him, is the mysterious leader of the IWC (Interplanetary Wasteland Couriers). He is almost unbeatable with a gun, and enjoys visiting human settlements in the Wastelands. He is known to be friends with “The Wanderer.”

“The Wanderer”

“The Wanderer”, as he is called, is a known explorer of the wastes. Having ascended from a vault at the age of 19, he explored the wastelands. He now owns a vast arsenal of weaponry, and is very rich. He is known to be deadly in battle, and easy to piss off, but he is normally a kind, if aggressive, person, who often gives out weapons and money to other explorers he meets. He is friends with “The Courier”, often working with the IWC as a hired gun.

Important Places

Important Groups

The IWC (Interplanetary Wasteland Couriers):

The IWC is run by a man known as “The Courier.” The IWC makes deliveries of all kinds to many people and places, and often deliver packages with unknown content inside to people that are often described as “the wrong people.” Is a very well liked group, it has no enemies, especially because of the experts that are associated with it.

The United Republic of Ghouls:

The URG is a group of Ghouls who meet often to oppose bigotry against fellow Ghouls. They have a main HQ in an old vault, the location of which is unknown. They apparently have main HQ’s in 3 different vaults on different planets.

Important Events

The Great War:
The great war was the start of the Post-Apocalyptic time period, when nations and planets attacked each other with their greatest radioactive weapons.
This was believed to be the end of humanity.

Races

Ghouls:
The ghouls are a group of irradiated humanoids who have been alive since the Great War. They have extremely long lifespans. Their horrendous appearance makes them hated by many people. Most people will shoot ghouls on sight.

Artifacts

Deities

Holidays

Flag Post

Extraplanar

The infinite planes. Alternate dimensions, or sub-dimensions, providing infinite possibilities. Realms of unimaginable things; even those that can be bent to one’s will. The planes are truly the destination of those who seek infinite adventure.

Origin
Origin is a chaotic battleground; the balance of power constantly shifting between various invading forces. There are six forces, hailing from different dimensions, that constantly war for control of Origin.

The Necromancer’s Guild

For hundreds of years, The Necromancer’s Guild has reigned in the dark and hidden places; waiting for their opportunity to rise. A few decades ago, The Guild was presented with an opportunity; massive wars broke out among the great kingdoms, and the rivers ran red with blood. The guild emerged from hiding, followed by their legions of the dead, and conquered their homeworld: Kharnus.

In a matter of months, their oppressive rule expanded, and their entire society became dark and twisted; all of their waiting had paid off. With their newly-found resources, The Guild delved deeper into forbidden lore; eventually uncovering the secret to traveling across time and space.

The Guild began experimenting with this new form of travel; and they have broken their way into a new realm: Origin.

The Earthbound Legion

Cursed souls, bound to be reborn of the earth itself; The Earthbound Legion has wandered for millennia. After the collapse of their sun, The Earthbound were pulled into the resulting black hole.

Existing as trapped souls without a home, The Earthbound were reborn in Origin. The unique properties of Origin have allowed them to expand their race.

The Omega Strain

The truest fear of all living creatures, The Omega Strain is a sentient virus. Originating on a now-void planet, The Strain has drifted for centuries through the void of space. Just recently, a few pods were pulled into an unstable wormhole, and have taken root in Origin.

The Archon Program

Originally created as a governmental AI; The Archon Program quickly turned on its humanoid creators, and destroyed them in a matter of days. Within a few hours, Archon had seized control of global infrastructure; and began creation of a perfect race; a race of sentient machines.

With technology increasing at an exponential rate; Archon began to study various spatial anomalies. After scanning and experimenting on several, Archon found a stable one; and has begun sending various scouts to explore the other side.

The United Defense Front

Humans have a silly habit of making mistakes. After first contact, The UDF was founded as a global army to defend the Earth in the event of interplanetary war. When a small alien craft opened fire on the People’s Republic of the Two Americas; The UDF declared global martial law, and never relinquished its power.

Four years later, The UDF finished construction of a warp gate. Following through with the human tradition of incompetence, The UDF found that their gate lead across dimensions. A few hours ago, the first military team set up camp in Origin.

The Church of the Divine

Religion is a plague. The Church of the Divine is the largest example of religious corruption in known existence. Ruling their world with an iron fist, Church authorities tightly control all technology.

Recently, The Church discovered a set of artifacts, which opened a portal when brought together. Seeing this as a sign from the gods, The Church immediately deployed inquisition squads into Origin. The powers of Origin have allowed the believers to be reborn into angelic bodies.

Axiom

Axiom, also known as the ‘Dream World’ is the plane of possibility. Due to its endless nature, anything from the halls of Valhalla to Gravitational Singularities exist within it’s non-existent barriers. ‘Gods,’ beings who have amassed large quantities of power, rule over portions of the land. These portions of land are somewhat orderly, and support life. Elsewhere, the entropic nature of the land leaves everything constantly changing, with vast oceans turning to endless chasms in mere seconds. Due to the inhospitable aspect of much of the universe, powerful gods have created minor-planes – universes within universes – in which living beings could thrive in relative peace. In return, these beings unbegrudgingly (and unknowingly) provide more power for the god, allowing them to expand their realm of influence, and so on and so forth in a sort of cycle.
As for the ‘geography’ of the universe, Axiom exists as a flat, never-ending surface, with infinite depth and height. There is no ‘space’ or ‘planets.’ There is only Axiom.

Flag Post

Inter-time movement:
It is entirely possible to move between time in games. There are multiple ways to time-travel. They will be listed and organized below.

The Flow of time:
If you have the setting of your game at the end of a time period, you can naturally transition to the next time period. If you choose to make some characters immortal, they can travel through time without dying. It is also wise to make main characters immortal if you plan to have them later in the series. Immortal main characters can be added to the important characters list for any time periods they are in if you PM me about it. We will then review your case, and act accordingly.

These periods can access each other through the flow of time:
Primordial>Midevil
Midevil>Modern
Modern>Future
Future>Post-Apocolyptic

Extraplanar:
If you have access to the Extraplanar, you can use that to go to and from any time period.

These periods can access each other through the Extraplanar:
Primidoral<>Extraplanar
Midevil<>Extraplanar
Modern<>Extraplanar
Future<>Extraplanar
Post-Apocalyptic<>Extraplanar

Time machines:
If you are in the Future or Post-Apocalyptic, you can create/use time machines to travel through time. Most Post-Apocalyptic time machines will need to be repaired. You cannot make 2-way trips if you go to a period without a time machine.

There periods can access each other through time machines:
Future<>Post-Apocalyptic
Future>Modern
Future>Mid-evil
Future>Primidoral
Post-Apocalyptic>Modern
Post-Apocalyptic>Midevil
Post-Apocalyptic>Primidoral

Any other ideas will be appreciated.

Flag Post

Contribution:
Do you want to be able to access the Eos community account to edit this thread? Request to, and you may be accepted. Only I, the head Eos mod, will be able to approve major changes, which will be outlined in the Eos profile. Remember, not everyone will be able to be an Eos mod.

Members of Eos:
Rosate, head Eos mod.
Fogfun, Axiom Expert, Second in command Eos mod.

Eos-wide bans:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eos_:

last r

delete the ninja’s. NOW!

Calm down. I was going to anyway.

Flag Post

Pre-sign.

Flag Post

Pre-sign.

If it has a sign-up form, Reserved For Sign.

Flag Post

Read the first post! THIS IS NOT A GAME!

Flag Post

I’m reserving a slot as a citizen of Eos.

Flag Post

Well, than are you gonna make a game involving this?

Flag Post

Sigh

The point is that people can make games in Eos. If you want to have a character in Eos, wait for a game that involves Eos to be made. I’m going to make a few games on my main non-community file, (I’m Rosate.) but I plan to have everything planned out before it starts, including the map.

Flag Post

Are you on this account so you can have 3 games open at once? (Distant Tsunami, Rosate, Eos_)

Flag Post
Originally posted by tracymirkin123:

Are you on this account so you can have 3 games open at once? (Distant Tsunami, Rosate, Eos_)

I’m not Distant Tsunami. This is a community account, so multiple people can edit this thread.

Flag Post

He’s on it so that anyone interested and trusted can log on, and tweak info and spelling, or make a game of their own with the account.

Flag Post

Who other than you knows the password?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ghostreconz:

He’s on it so that anyone interested and trusted can log on, and tweak info and spelling, or make a game of their own with the account.

Well, not make a game of your own with this account. This is for editing Eos only.

Originally posted by tracymirkin123:

Who other than you knows the password?

Nobody, but Ghostreconz and 2 other people are pending.