Mortar City[Mini-Setting]

12 posts

Flag Post

Mortar City is torn apart by war. It has grey, hazy skies, torn down buildings, crumbling floors and other war stuff that you find in war-torn cities. Primitive, steampunk style guns(for that is the technology level of Mortar City) litter the floor, though you’ll be hard-pressed to find one that’s either working or has ammo.
The war which turned it from a happy, smiling place to a dreary place where policemen don’t just work for thieves, but actually are thieves, and where you booby trap your pockets to deter said thieves, was called the Trinity War.
Nobody really knows about the Trinity War. It’s called that because apparently there were three sides-the Crux, a faction which worships robots and wishes to destroy the government to bring about a land ruled by robots, the Silencers, a quiet faction who lurk in the shadows, trying to overthrow the government to grab power for themselves, and the Overlords, the current oppressive government, corrupted and power-loving .
The two revolutions attacked the government headquarters at the same time,helped along by traitors and spies in their midst, and the government decided to simply sit back and watch them eliminate other.
According to old men and older scrolls, the government underestimated the rebellion or something, and got caught in a huge three way melee and everyone died.br>
The buildings are patched up with scrap metal and junk litters the floor(the guns are included in that list). The citizens are hardened, tough people who’ve been fighting all their lives.

Flag Post

I like it.

Flag Post

Cool, especially for apocyliptic RPs or RPGs.

Say, i need one for a new game im thinking up.

Flag Post

What? why was my post removed? what did i say?

Flag Post

i thought that Mortar City would be great for an apocolyptic roleplay or RPG.

could you make a good medieval-based place?

Flag Post

nice setting man! :) keep up the good work!

Flag Post

Cool setting! I personally recommend some improvements and stuff:

1) Put the “The last two paragraphs were unimportant, unless you’re writing a historical RPG.” before the two paragraphs.

2) Divide the post into helpful points, like “Overview”, “History”, “Current State” and several more, which are covered in point 3.

3) The description could do with several more points, such as:

a. Current Government form
b. Available buildings within city
c. Notable locations
d. Local gangs, if any
e. Commonly used weapons
f. Laws active, if any
h. Population breakdown

While these are, naturally, optional, they’d add more flavor.

Otherwise, I say it is really cool. Could we base mafias and strategy games on it, too? It would make a good platform for a Gang vs Gang mafia, or a miniature turf war Strategy game.

Flag Post

I’ve been looking for a new RP to make, and this just might be my setting… I haven’t thought of the details yet, but if I decide I want to use this, can I use it? Please?

Flag Post
Originally posted by coolo2011:

I’ve been looking for a new RP to make, and this just might be my setting… I haven’t thought of the details yet, but if I decide I want to use this, can I use it? Please?

Anyone can use it… just as long as you don’t turn it into Ponyland, a happy place of magic and fun! or whatever.

Flag Post

If I do make a game based on this setting, can I change the backstory a little bit?

Flag Post

Sure.

Flag Post

Crap, I posted that on an alt. Yeah, DAAW is me.

So yes, you can change the backstory, to a reasonable extent.