[Game] The Mole (The winner has been announced!) (locked)

792 posts

Flag Post

Hello players, and welcome to The Mole! 10 of you have been selected to compete in this game, where your goal is to work together as a group in order to earn up to $1,000,000 (that you only wish was real) by completing various tasks. However, one of the 10 of you is a mole, who is determined to wreak havoc among the group and sabotage their efforts to earn money.

Gameplay
The game will consist of a series of rounds, each of which will feature multiple tasks. Each round will end with an execution quiz, in which all players (except for the mole) will have to answer a series of questions that tests their knowledge of the mole’s identity. Some of these questions might focus on minute details, so pay careful attention. The player who scores the lowest on each execution quiz will be eliminated from the game (In the event of a tie, the player who submitted later will be eliminated—for this reason, I plan to give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice before execution quizzes are posted.) The game will continue in this way until only three players remain: the mole and two other players. At that point, a final quiz will be held, where the player who scores higher will win the game and whatever money is in the pot—unless the mole wins it instead.

Yes, that’s right—the mole also has a win condition. In order for the mole to win, he must do his job well enough to keep money out of the pot while remaining subtle enough as to avoid suspicion.

Ground Rules
1. This game is strongly dependent on the honor of its players. You certainly have the opportunity to get away with breaking rules without me knowing—but please don’t attempt to do so, as it will strongly ruin the integrity (and the fun) of the game.
2. Communication between players is not allowed during execution quizzes, nor at any other time where I specify that communication is not allowed.
3. Once an execution quiz has been posted, that round is over, and you may not look back at any posts made during that round.
4. You may take notes during the game (and I strongly encourage that you do so); however, any notes you take must be hand-written (or manually typed)—copy/pasting is not allowed.
5. Notes may only be used to study for execution quizzes (and the final quiz)—you may not look at them while actually taking the quiz. Yeah, just like school.
6. If you have proof that another player is breaking the rules in any way, tell me (in a PM, obviously). You will remain anonymous.

Here is the player list:
1. AdeebNafees
2. BCLEGENDS
3. Bluji
4. Fogfun
5. LouWeed
6. MaistlinRajere
7. Mysterymason
8. S_98
9. SamsterSamster
10. Squidward568
11. tracymirkin123

Wait, 11 players? How did that hap—

ATTENTION!! AN INTRUDER HAS ENTERED THE MOLE HQ!!! YOU MUST FIND THE INTRUDER AND ELIMINATE HIM IMMEDIATELY BEFORE HE RUINS THE INTEGRITY OF THE GAME!!!!

An intruder? Oh no, this is terrible! Sounds like eliminating this intruder is your first task. The next post will contain more details.

Flag Post

Round 1, Task 1: Eliminate the Intruder!

As you have just heard, there is an intruder among you. Your task is to find the intruder and eliminate him. Discussion is allowed during this task. Once you think you have discovered who the intruder is, you must post “<player> is the intruder” in bold for your submission to be considered official. If you are correct, $25,000 will be placed into the pot. If you’re wrong, well, let’s just say that the mole is off to a great start. Either way (whether you’re right or wrong), the intruder will be identified and removed from the game.

Because I know that several of you will be away from Kong over the Christmas holiday, I will give you 3.5 days to identify the intruder. The deadline for this task is Monday, December 26 at 11:00 PM CST/GMT-6.

Flag Post

Um. So does anyone know who the intruder is? Perhaps if they just reveal themselves, we can move on…

Flag Post

Ok? Bit of a startling first start, I can’t actually think who it is. Well, lets go check who you think could be an intruder, going from the sign up list.

Adeeb? I don’t think so. Race wouldn’t make it so easy as to have the first person as an intruder. But he could be trying to trick us? Hmmm, this one is open for questions. Same goes for Tracymirkin123….
Myself? I highly doubt it, unless Race has sent me a PM and it hasn’t come through.

So, alot of this is enshrouded in mystery.

Flag Post

The intruder is an fg regular who did not sign. Just clearing that up, that’s what I think he meant.

Flag Post

So it’s you, jimbo? You’re not in the player list. Or am I stupid?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

So it’s you, jimbo? You’re not in the player list. Or am I stupid?

I don’t think it could behim. I think what he means by intruder, is that out of those 11 players, one of them is a intruder.

Flag Post

So uhm, since if you are correct, $25,000 will be placed into the pot, wouldn’t we then know who is the mole?

I think that either Adeeb is the mole since he is the first on the list, and racefan probably knew that by doing this, we would think that he isn’t the mole since it would be too obvious. A classic case of reverse psychology.

Flag Post

We need to think. Is there someone on the list that wouldn’t have signed up to this genre of game?

Flag Post

I have a few questions. First, does the intruder know that they’re the intruder? Second, are PMs amongst players allowed during a discussion period? Finally, are we allowed to post pictures? I ask this because, as anyone who recalls Paradise Lost knows, there is a high demand for them in the beginning until thu eventually become unimportant when everyone realizes how easy it is to manipulate the image.

Anyways, on to the manner at hand. If I had to guess, I’d say that the intruder has a sort of goal this round, in the sense that they have to sabotage the team – like a second mole. Of course, Race probably merely requested this, as I guess it’d be technically up to the player what actions they take.

Flag Post
The intruder is an fg regular who did not sign. Just clearing that up, that’s what I think he meant.

Correct.

I think what he means by intruder, is that out of those 11 players, one of them is a intruder.

Also correct.

So uhm, since if you are correct, $25,000 will be placed into the pot, wouldn’t we then know who is the mole?

The intruder is an extra person. 9 regular players, 1 mole, 1 intruder.

First, does the intruder know that they’re the intruder?

Yes.

Second, are PMs amongst players allowed during a discussion period?

Yes.

Finally, are we allowed to post pictures?

I wasn’t in Paradise Lost, so I don’t really know what the purpose of these pictures would be. Go ahead and PM me what kinds of pictures you would be posting, and I’ll tell you if you can post them or not.

So, alot of this is enshrouded in mystery.

Indeed it is…

Flag Post

Wait, so the intruder isn’t aware that they are such? Oh… Well then I guess pictures won’t be as important for this task. I was referring to taking pictures of one’s PMs to ‘prove’ their role.

Anyways, it looks like our best bet would be to PM everyone on that lost asking them (Can we do that even?)

If so, this task will be extremely simple.

Flag Post

They do know. Read his last post again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

Anyways, it looks like our best bet would be to PM everyone on that lost asking them (Can we do that even?)

You can, but the intruder is free to lie ;) (So is everyone else, for that matter.)

EDIT: As for posting pictures of PMs, I’m gonna have to disallow that. While there might not be any harm in it for this particular task, in general, what’s private is private for a reason. I want to have as much of the game take place in-thread as possible (for the benefit of spectators, if nothing else), but there are some things that need to stay private.

Flag Post

What’s the intruder’s motivation here? Have you bribed them with cookies to not tell us?
Anyway, I don’t know who the intruder is, but I don’t think it’s anyone who’s posted so far. So that leaves:
AdeebNafees
BCLEGENDS
S_98
SamsterSamster

I think it’s either S_98 or Samster.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

What’s the intruder’s motivation here? Have you bribed them with cookies to not tell us?

Nope, I used all my cookies to bribe Adeeb in the Super-Star Showdown.

Seriously, though, the intruder is a rogue player who has no allegiance to anyone but himself (all 11 of you are male, so don’t look at that for a hint). He’s free to blend in and deceive you all he wants; he’s also free to completely ignore this thread and not post at all.

Flag Post

I honestly think I am not the Intruder. Unless the intruder doesn’t know he is the intruder. Hmm… I think it’s LouWeed. He posted on my profile, a suspicious thing to do…

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Yes.

I know that I am not the intruder. Samster hasn’t replied to my shout, so maybe he’s the intruder.

Flag Post

I honestly think I am not the Intruder. Unless the intruder doesn’t know he is the intruder. Hmm… I think it’s LouWeed. He posted on my profile, a suspicious thing to do…

I know that I am not the intruder. Samster hasn’t replied to my shout, so maybe he’s the intruder.

Come on, do you really expect us to believe that just because you SAID you’re not the intruder, that means you really aren’t the intruder? The intruder would say the same thing!

On that note, I am not the intruder.

Flag Post

Firstly, I am at the top of a list arranged in alphabetical order. Like, you know, A, then B, then C etc.

Also, you guys forgot reverse-reverse psychology which clearly dictates that people in general tend to know enough about reverse psychology to, you know, not be affected by reverse psychology.

Also, I am not the intruder, but that hardly helps things, since others have claimed the same.

Interesting point to note, though.

I think that either Adeeb is the mole since he is the first on the list, and racefan probably knew that by doing this, we would think that he isn’t the mole since it would be too obvious. A classic case of reverse psychology.

Here’s Mais going on about reverse psychology. Nothing out of ordinary.

Come on, do you really expect us to believe that just because you SAID you’re not the intruder, that means you really aren’t the intruder? The intruder would say the same thing!

Actually, if you really believe in all that reverse psychology stuff, wouldn’t the intruder dude say that he IS the intruder just so we guys think ‘reverse psychology’ and think that he ISN’T the intruder?

Of course, it may not apply since Mais did say that about racefan, not about the intruder. Hmm.

Flag Post

Actually, if you really believe in all that reverse psychology stuff, wouldn’t the intruder dude say that he IS the intruder just so we guys think ‘reverse psychology’ and think that he ISN’T the intruder?

This would not work, since people who aren’t the mole would have no reason to say that they are the mole.

Also, on a note unrelated to the game, as of your previous post, Adeeb, you have a very odd amount of posts. Just look at the number backwards. Because of this, I think that you are the intruder.

Flag Post

Hold on a moment… if someone’s the intruder, they might not even have signed up, and would therefore be unaware that they were a part of this game. Ergo, if we just get everyone to post, then wait for a day or so, we can see who the intruder is simply by who hasn’t posted, if that is indeed the case. Good plan, or no?

EDIT: Oh. Looks like my presence has given the tenth poster. That leaves SamsterSamster as the eleventh… time to see whether he posts or not.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

Hold on a moment… if someone’s the intruder, they might not even have signed up, and would therefore be unaware that they were a part of this game. Ergo, if we just get everyone to post, then wait for a day or so, we can see who the intruder is simply by who hasn’t posted. Good plan, or no?

The intruder knows that they are the intruder.

Originally posted by racefan12:

Yes.

Flag Post

Oh. Well, bugger. Still, worth a try.

Flag Post

Holy Hell! I am evidently leet, but backwards!

D8

How does that make me the intruder, though? I think there is another solution. See who got the 13th post in the thread because that is definitely unlucky.