Darkspell: Shattered Legacies page 67

1794 posts

Flag Post

Name: Scourge.

Element: Cold-blooded venom.

Starting Weapon: Sharpened dog teeth claws and teeth.

Description: As a true leader of a clan called ‘BloodClan’ he was given 10 lives (one extra life since he’s so badarse) but he was killed by Firestar (his half-brother) so he has an original 9 lives. He usually only uses his claws and teeth when fighting but since his claws and teeth have cold-blooded venom in it it usually takes one blow to kill his victim (this happened with Tigerpaw (or Tigerstar). He also uses blood to flick into his victim’s eyes to blind them. Giving him a chance against more bigger oppoents than him. He also has one white paw, a large fringe covering one eye, a purple collar with sharpened dog teeth sticking out and a big, skull carved one in the middle, his claws are sharpened dog teeth also and his fur is black.

Clothes: Collar with sharpened dog teeth and a carved skull in the middle.

Bio: Scourge started off as a kitty pet named ‘Tiny’ where he was bullied around by his own brother and sister. As soon as he had enough bullying from his bro and sis he fled straight into the forest where he met 3 cats (Bluestar, Tigerpaw and don’t know the other one). Tigerpaw attacked Scourge/Tiny and knocked the bell from off his purple collar and nearly killed him (if it wasn’t for Bluestar who saved him). He fled once again into an alley where he was ABOUT to get attacked by a dog, luckily for him, he somehow managed to scare the dog away from him. He found a dog teeth which he used to try to force his purple collar off until it got stuck.

Blah, blah, blah.

He then changed his name to Scourge after growing more and killing his first cat.

Flag Post

[BloodScourge, I don’t know if you’ve noticed or not, but everyone in this RP is human. You can’t be a cat. That’s not how this works.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

[BloodScourge, I don’t know if you’ve noticed or not, but everyone in this RP is human. You can’t be a cat. That’s not how this works.]

Why? Therealsirmark14 is RPing as 2 ponies.

I don’t think ponies are humans.

I knew something like this was gonna happen.

Flag Post

[You see, I’m only using the names, both characters are 0% equine and 100% human]

Flag Post

(Thinking of joining, but I knew from past experiences I better get my facts right: Could one use, for example, light magic to create images, like illusions. since all things we see are caused by light bouncing off things, if you could control light I think you could make illusions. Secondly: well, sound is caused by air vibrations, or something along those lines. If one controlled air, could you make sounds with it? If you have no idea what I’m on about, I’m thinking of making a character who creates illusions and makes them appear more realistic by adding sound. For example, creating an illusion of a pillar crumbling and with sounds of stone breaking.)

Flag Post

[I’d think that many elements can make illusions, including Light. Light magic can do, but is not limited to, manipulation of electromagnetic radiation; I use it in ways “white magic” is traditionally portrayed in fiction. And Air can control sound, yes. There are many ways one can distinguish illusions from reality though, the most obvious being magical detection of some sort.]

[With some knowledge of physics, one can probably control electromagnetic radiation with Electric magic; I don’t know if this is allowed or not.]

[Kind of busy now; can’t post in-character.]

Flag Post

[I was about to post, but I decided to play video games instead]

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

[You see, I’m only using the names, both characters are 0% equine and 100% human]

Oh, well maybe it’s better if I stay out of this game including Scourge.

But could we still make another version of this game but without humans? You can have whatever animal you like featuring ponies, cats, werewolves and you get the idea.

Flag Post

[One of the many character idea’s i came up with called Mr.Luck, the trickster of the trickiest tricks use’s sene to create illusions of other elements and use his magic to make it solid to pretend he has control of all the elements but they are different to the normal elements as they are sene creations. for example fire made this way doesn’t burn or produce heat but if he wanted to he could make it solid, but that would give it away to others that the fire is not real fire.]

[I would also want to ask something about light, dark and shadesi. shadesi is in between light and dark and both light and dark are meant to be equal right. so shouldn’t shadesi have some kind of unique control over light not just dark? after all shadesi is the only element capable of controlling the shadows around him but ligia/heavasia can control the light around them? which means that light and dark are not equals light has an unfair advantage making light superior. so my idea to make it more equal is to have shadesi the only one that can control both the shadows and the light that surrounds them. what do you think?]

Flag Post

[arken, we’ve already described how Shadesi is superior to Ligia and Dracian. Both of the natural elements have tangenital control over “shadows” – Dracian as a semi-direct result of control over darkness, Ligia indirectly via photon manipulation or somesuch – but as Shadesi is the only Divine/Void element that directly combines Ligia and Dracian, it’s the only element that can actually control shadows with any level of effectiveness. Before anyone asks: no, I don’t think just having Ligia and Dracian is enough, assuming that the Shadesi element specifically is needed to control shadows.]

Flag Post

[my problem isn’t with shadesi it is with ligia, it has high control over the manipulation of natural light where as dracian has low control over natural darkness. so what i suggested was that shadesi should have high control over light aswell and have ligia with low control so that both ligia and dracian have equal control over there element in nature. meaning have dracian with low natural darkness control, ligia with low natural light control and shadesi with high natural light/darkness control. otherwise ligia and dracien are not equals as ligia has an unfair advantage over dracian.]

Flag Post

[See, in this situation, we’re assuming darkness and shadows are completely different things, which means that the overall outcome is roughly equal. And even if it was, natural darkness isn’t actually useful, given that it’s really just an absence/lower level of photons in an area, and is therefore incapable of interaction with atoms and the like. On the other hand, manipulation of natural light is effectively just control over photons, which, whilst it might be able to blind a person, won’t cause anything like, say, flesh burns without moving a huge amount into a small area. Ultimately, it’s more efficient in both cases to just use the magical element.]

Flag Post

[that is a good counter argument, however you went a little overboard as you have taken shadow control away from shadesi and allowed dracian to use it aswell.]

Flag Post

[Yeah, I don’t know what you’re trying to say now. Really, there’s some kind of distinction to be made involving magical shadows and natural shadows, Ros would know better.]

Flag Post

[also about photon manipulation by use of light and dark magic. i think that in order to prevent light from crossing over to dark’s area and dark from crossing over to light’s area would it not be best that light can manipulate large groups of photons but not if they are scattered and dark magic can manipulate the scattered photons but not the large groups. however mages can release magical energy into the air which for light mages attracts photons to the area and for dark mages it disperses it allowing them to create light/dark for them to manipulate however a shadesi having both would be capable of manipulating photons of any size of group. does this work for you?]

Flag Post

I think he went out to do something, or something, he should be back in a couple hours," I take a seat, "I’m not tired, so how ’bout we catch up?
[wotherfucking shit cunt.]

Flag Post

[Many elements have overlaps, Arken. I wouldn’t worry about getting rid of those at all.]

[And don’t analyze the physics too deeply. If you do, you’ll get a headache. For example, photons literally cannot exist unless they always travel at constantly the speed of light, so realistically manipulating them with any sort of precision will be practically impossible. Ridiculously strong gravitational fields, near par with neutron stars and black holes, are needed to bend the paths of photons. That’s not even mentioning how the magic we’re using violates the second law of thermodynamics, etc… If this is my game, I’d just make it so that the universe obeys a different set of laws of physics altogether, but I don’t know if Rosate even worries about this kind of thing.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

[I’d think that many elements can make illusions, including Light. Light magic can do, but is not limited to, manipulation of electromagnetic radiation; I use it in ways “white magic” is traditionally portrayed in fiction. And Air can control sound, yes. There are many ways one can distinguish illusions from reality though, the most obvious being magical detection of some sort.

[With some knowledge of physics, one can probably control electromagnetic radiation with Electric magic; I don’t know if this is allowed or not.]

[Kind of busy now; can’t post in-character.]

(Yes, but here’s a scenario: The person who creates the illusions (the illusionist) creates an illusion, of say causing a tunnel to cave in. The people he’s bringing the cave down on would detect the magic, and think it was him controlling earth to cause the cave in. As for the illusion stones, wind could be used around the edges to make them feel physical, so if someone is hit by one he/she will feel it, but it won’t be strong enough to crush them, just knock them around. If there are no problems, I’ll make my character.)

Flag Post

(Arken, your move. Find my most recent Selwyn/Dalet post.)

Flag Post

[wiiwonder i posted that one of my character idea’s mr.luck uses sene to make solid illusions to pretend to manipulate the other elements so that you could just pick sene for your character to make his illusions. or do you prefer to use light/air?]

[sorry about the delay blend i am thinking of how i want to try and end the fight.]

[hmm is it possible that if i RP one of my characters out of the game that i can make a new character because i am thinking of maybe making Mr.luck, the trickster of the trickiest tricks in this game but i would need to get rid of wolf-kin which would be easy enough to turn him into an NPC that stays close to his tribe and not taking any larger part in the story. would this be ok?]

Flag Post

(Well, as I mentioned before, if you kill one, due to the spell linking their life, the other will die as well.)r

Flag Post

The person who creates the illusions (the illusionist) creates an illusion, of say causing a tunnel to cave in. The people he’s bringing the cave down on would detect the magic, and think it was him controlling earth to cause the cave in.

[I would think that an especially sensitive and observant person would be able to feel the element of magic being used. I’ve already done such with Rosalyn. No matter how realistic a Light/Air illusion looks and sounds, it’s not going to perfectly resemble a real object; Psychic is still the best element for making illusions.]

hmm is it possible that if i RP one of my characters out of the game that i can make a new character

[Sure. It was my bad, but there actually was this guy who signed up before you as Reifac but never posted. It might be a good idea to phase Wolf-Kin out so that approving him won’t make him bite me in the ass later, literally or not.]

[Number 1 of the Order of Resurgence specializes in illusions. She can not only mimic the look and sound of some object, but all the other sensory information regarding that object as well. For example, if she makes illusory fire, touching it will feel like it burns, and it will even feel like Fire magic is being used. The only way to tell that she is actually using illusions is to be more skilled than her illusions can fool; but even then the fake sensory inputs, e.g. heat of illusory fire, will register unless you block or dodge or otherwise neutralize them somehow. I’ve planned out her speciality long before you guys, so don’t complain if she outdoes what your illusionists can do.]

[I’m really sorry. I was doing something earlier, something that should normally be easy, but somehow I kept failing; I got frustrated and it ended up taking an hour or so. I was going to post something, but it’s now midnight… I’ll try to post something tomorrow.]

Flag Post

[thanks B_S. i will put up mr.luck’s character sheet before i have got wolf-kin to his tribe because i KNOW that you will have at least one question about his greatest illusion which i will be happy to tell you and any other host/co-host how he does it but only in PM because i don’t want everyone to know how he does it.]

Name: Mr.Luck, The trickster of the trickiest tricks

Element: Sene [Psychic]

Starting Weapon: None

Description: Difficult to know because of his clothing but his height is around average.

Clothes: His clothing resembles that of a jester, but his clothing covers all of his body. he has a metal mask covering his face but with cloth behind the mask with magic runes carved into the mask allowing him to see and speak through the mask. but to make it harder for his identity to be discovered the runes that allows him to speak also changes what his voice sounds like. his hat has 4 parts of it parting and bending out and down like a common jester hat. his clothing is a combination of red and black colors example one of his pant legs would be divided into 4 columns of color in a pattern red black red black and the same with the rest of his outfit. he also has strange runes all over his clothing holding powerful enchantments designed to prevent people from using magic to learn his identity which also prevents all but the most powerful of psychics from reading his thoughts as they could also give away his identity. the enchantments also work to protect him from damage like magical armor.

Bio: His greatest illusion that he has ever done is the illusion of immortality Mr.Luck has been in this world for over 150 years and no one has figured out how he does it (This immortality illusion is actually possible to be done in real life but is very hard to do. but he also uses his magic to make it easier to pull off then in real life.) he also uses his magic to make illusions that take the form of the other elements and he even uses his magic to try and make illusions of other peoples magical creations or combos. he can also use his magic to create effects on his illusions like make them solid, cause them to explode on impact, have them grind or shred what comes into contact with them and i am sure he has others. he also has eidetic memory. (i don’t know if i spelled eidetic correct or not but it is also called photographic memory).

Flag Post

(hang on, the Psychic element manipulates people’s minds, so that would mean to make an illusion with it you would have to effect that persons mind. If you made an illusion using psychic, and someone who you didn’t know was there was there, they wouldn’t see the illusion. Since light magic would bend (is that the right word) light to make it look like there was an object there, and everyone would see the illusion regardless whether the illusionist knows they’re there.)

Flag Post

Drake
I once again re-conjure my scythe and throw it out to the left of the earth wall and use sene to have it arc around and towards Dalet but missing him and landing north-west of my location. i then use dark magic to cause a large triangle with symbols at my feet the three corners of the triangle are pointing north-west, south-west and east. i then take out a single coin and use dark magic to carve a ‘D’ on both sides of the coin. i then dig a small hole in the center of the triangle where a small circle symbol is. i then place the coin in the hole and fill it back in.

(i am going to put some kind of directional thing to make it easier to tell you where my scythe landed. the left of the earth wall is east and dalet is north the scythe just landed north-west.)

Wolf-Kin
I jump back as he turns around to face me. i then create 3 air golems in the form of wolves and have them surround him and charge him from all directions.

[psychics manipulating minds is one of the effects of psychics but not the only one. it has already had sene barriers stop attacks meaning they are not in someones mind and sene can only do minor things to peoples minds because an attack that moves instantly is too OP so they could only do minor distractions to an enemy.]