Big Brother: Season 1 [GAME OVER -- WHO WON?] page 19 (locked)

482 posts

Flag Post

Yeah, I think I’ll be tossing a coin.

Flag Post

Hello my people. Ignosi is your king.

Well, I have no idea how I should set about writing this first statement thing, because I have a nearly 0% chance to win anyway. However, I will take this challenge sportingly and write up a something so we complete this formality as well.

I have been a lazy player throughout BB. Make no mistake. There hasn’t been a single person in this game who took this with as laid-back an approach as I did. For the first couple of weeks, I don’t think I took more than ten minutes to do whatever the hell the competition immediately demanded from me, and that was the extent of play till, of course, I began to form alliances. My first alliance, and the one that still stands, is the one with Faceran.

Oh I know I know. Hocus pocus, blame and shame for all the blindsides I pulled off, particularly the one on Wii. I know I haven’t got a way of proving what I say, but what happened in the midgame is something only the two of us, Face and me, actually have knowledge about. When I mention “what happened”, I mean what happened behind the scenes.

I didn’t actually intend to blindside Wii, but I am not sorry about it happening. The two of us, Face and me, knew quite well that the Lou-Wii pair were a formidable and possibly unbeatable force since they appeared to trust each other with almost as much conviction as I and Face did. We had to do something about breaking up the dangerous pair, and while I have no idea how Face managed to gather 3 votes against Wii, I won’t blame him for the actual eviction, as I am satisfied with what happened. I know I didn’t keep my promise about paying Wii back, but I had to consider the fact that sooner or later, me and my closest ally would need it much more than anyone else. If you call that selfish, as you should, I was selfish.

I knew it’d be tough for me to get picked as a finalist (since some people would consider me a possible threat), and I knew it’d be tougher for me to pick one person from among two if I got to the end. In the end, I decided to stick with Face as he stuck with me through thick and thin, even when I was afraid of him betraying me. Even when I thought we were outnumbered and outmaneuvered (and he knew we weren’t). If I am to quote Faceran – dunno if BB will allow it – we were buddies through and through, and as for what I did, and what he did, it’s just what buddies do.

Well, there it is. There’s an adage which says “Something is better than nothing”. Over here in BD, we have another saying that says “Better have an empty barn than a bad cow” (yeah, our phrases tend to revolve around farming and stuff). I don’t know if I have aggravated the jury against me further or something, and I really think that at this point, what makes me happy isn’t the fact that I am in the finals, or even the fact that I am competing against my best friend in the final faceoff and no matter which way the decision sways, I will be happy.

It the fact that I enjoyed this whole journey – the bumps, the falls, the loop de loops. wasn’t really very active, and if this was being judged on the basis of activity, I’d have 0% chance. As it is now, my chances of winning are still negligible, but I’ll remain optimistic as always till the result is declared.

And as for the fact that this can be my 29th FGF win, I will rely on your own decision of whether you think that’s a pivotal point to deciding whether you vote for me or not, because when all’s said and done, this isn’t a perfect world, and I have no way to explain (or even attempt to explain) away that point :p

Oh oh, and like Faceran said, I never intentionally harmed anyone (at least in the first stages of the game. Mostly because I forgot to vote, actually), and the only bit of betrayal I carried out, unless you count the finals, was the Wii incident. Happy deciding (and questioning, since you guys are allowed to question us too). I look forward to the celebrations.

Flag Post

Phase 2: Jury Questions

Thank you, finalists. Now, each of the Jury members have 24 hours to post two questions: one question per finalist. The Jury members will be notified of this phase.

Your deadline is 25th November, 2012 at 2:30 PM (GMT +2).

- Big Brother

Flag Post

Big Brother Announces

A Jury member has already been confused about what kind of questions you’re supposed to post, so here’s the answer:

The questions are posted to help you find out what kind of people the Final Two are.

- Big Brother

Flag Post

K.
Question for racefan: what will be Adeeb’s answer to his question?
Question for Adeeb: what will be racefan’s answer to his question?
Note that I do not consider answering a question with another question to be an answer.

Flag Post

Question for Adeeb: If you had to ‘fall out’ with racefan to win this competition, would you do it?

Question for racefan: How do you pinpoint a person clapping slowly in a room full of thirty people clapping if you’re not in the room and have no way of looking inside it?

Even though the question is for race, if anyone can give me an answer, you win some Samster respect ;)

Flag Post

Question for Adeeb: What’s your favorite animal?

Question for racefan: What’s your favorite animal?

You better answer this right.

Flag Post

Oooh, fun. Questions. I was originally going to vote race regardless of what they said, but Adeeb mentioned me 6 times in his statement, so +1 to him, and he’s not sorry for blindsiding me, so +1 more to him. So, now I don’t know who I’m going to vote for.

So, uh, Adeeb: If your main alliance was with racefan, then why did you ask me to not vote out wercooler? I probably already know the answer to that, so I’ll ask another question too. You said you were the most laid-back in the game. (I was probably the least laid-back, haha) So, why were you so laid back and why should someone who doesn’t care too much about the game win?

So, uh, race: How are you? Oh, and if I would have asked you to join an alliance with me first, instead of Lou, what would you have said, and how would it have affected the outcome of this game? Also, if I would have asked you to go to the finals with me around the final 8, what would you have said, and how would it have affected the outcome of this game?

Flag Post

Big Brother Announces

WiiPlayer113 has shown exactly the type of behaviour and questions a reasonable Jury member should show. Even if you had already decided who you’re voting for doesn’t mean you can go all crazy on a possibly important part of the game.

- Big Brother

Flag Post

AN: Am I sexy?
Faceran: Am I sexy?

Flag Post

[OOC: I’m sorry for being late.]

Phase #3: Answering Questions + Final Statements

Finalists, it is now your time to answer the questions the Jury has presented to you (and if the question is impossible to answer, point so). Also, present your final statements.

- Big Brother

Flag Post

Do I have to answer the questions and make my final statement in the same post?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Do I have to answer the questions and make my final statement in the same post?

Whatever you want to do, but as long as you do it in the next 24 hours (or actually a tad bit less).

- Big Brother

[OOC: WRE role PMs out plox]

Flag Post

Question for racefan: what will be Adeeb’s answer to his question?

Fish.

Question for racefan: How do you pinpoint a person clapping slowly in a room full of thirty people clapping if you’re not in the room and have no way of looking inside it?

The thirty people were just told a joke. The person clapping slowly is the only one who didn’t find it funny. So, when everyone comes out of the room, ask them a joke, then look for the one that doesn’t seem to show a sense of humor. That’s the person you’re looking for.

Question for racefan: What’s your favorite animal?

Kangaroo.

So, uh, race: How are you? Oh, and if I would have asked you to join an alliance with me first, instead of Lou, what would you have said, and how would it have affected the outcome of this game? Also, if I would have asked you to go to the finals with me around the final 8, what would you have said, and how would it have affected the outcome of this game?

I’m good.

The first person you make an alliance with is usually your strongest alliance. If you had me to form an alliance first (before you asked Lou), it would have shown me that you were more committed to me than to anyone else. I would have accepted it (as I accepted our larger alliance in the actual game). When it came down to pick between you and Adeeb, it would have been a tougher decision than it was here (and would probably come down to whoever was actually the first to ask me—either that, or flipping a coin).

If you had asked me to go to the finals at the final 8, I would have said that it is much too soon to be thinking about the finals. I wouldn’t have automatically said yes, because there was still the possibility of taking Adeeb, and I wouldn’t have automatically said no, because I would want to keep all my options open. There are a ton of things that could happen (and that did happen in this game) between the final 8 and the final 2.

Faceran: Am I sexy?

Maybe if you were older.

Final Statement: I’m not sure what else I can say here. I played this game to the best of my ability, and was rewarded with a spot in the final 2. Now it’s up to the seven of you to decide if I deserve the win.

I could have thrown in the towel when my laptop broke and I was without one for three weeks—but I didn’t, because I thought I had a real chance at winning this. I made it a point to go out of my way and continue checking this, even when it was inconvenient—and even when schoolwork continued to mount.

Adeeb admitted to being lazy, I gave it my all. Which is better? That’s for you to decide.

Flag Post

Kangaroo.

WRROONG

GG

Flag Post

Question for Adeeb: what will be racefan’s answer to his question?

Fish, meh.

If you had to ‘fall out’ with racefan to win this competition, would you do it?

“Fall out” as in fall out of favor of AKA stop being friends with?

I can answer this from two viewpoints because me no sure which one you want. If you mean a hypothetical case where falling out with Face, and only falling out with Faceran would help me win, I guess no. One competition isn’t worth losing a friendship.

If you mean where me winning can somehow cause Faceran to stop being friends with me, don’t be silly.

Question for Adeeb: What’s your favorite animal?

Horses.

Adeeb: If your main alliance was with racefan, then why did you ask me to not vote out wercooler? I probably already know the answer to that, so I’ll ask another question too.

I have no idea, since I can’t remember what I was thinking back then. It was either that I wanted wercooler safe because I thought he’d be a useful ally in the future (I and Face discussed that a coupla times during the final rounds) or because I wanted SS out and get a DPoV. One of those.

You said you were the most laid-back in the game. (I was probably the least laid-back, haha) So, why were you so laid back and why should someone who doesn’t care too much about the game win?

I was busy with studies. Yarly.

Well, I don’t really agree with the phrasing “who doesn’t care too much about the game”, because I did care about the game, but I put it into perspective. I had exams and workload that I didn’t have before (everyone says that at one point in their life, and I guess it’s my turn now), and during those times when I could have been ‘plotting in a corner’ and ‘making contacts’ like I did throughout PL:PSR (that was a psycho-strategy game too), I spent it in earning badges, talking with friends and generally being merry.

I don’t know the extent of commitment Faceran has put into this game, and I sure as hell don’t want to undermine what he has done for the game, because he has done his share too. As I said, if you judge me based on how much I worked to get here, if you judge me based on how much zeal I showed in the actual part of the game – the social part – I am an utter failure, and you are better off marrying voting that hydrant down the street as the winner, let alone Faceran.

Well, I have to admit that I did try my best in HoH and PoV challenges, but that’s a meh zone. The game wasn’t actually about who won the most of those challenges anyway, and… yeah. I dunno if I answered this to your full satisfaction (it doesn’t satisfy me), but I want to fulfill this commitment as a finalist as I have fulfilled most (though not every) commitment I had as a participant.

Thanks for the relevant questions!

AN: Am I sexy?

Barring the danger of getting mauled by Prod, I say we wait a few more years before discussing this ;)

Final statement thingy time. Really, I am quite lost for words (though not completely lost, since my keyboard still works and my fingers always twitch and hit the right keys). I guess I can try to criticize Faceran and try to demean him or whatever you call that (I don’t think I’d succeed without quoting him a thousand times. Mafias do that to you), but that’d be stupid, especially at this stage of the competition.

I can mimic him, and say that I was also committed and never threw in the towel either. I had trouble or whatever you guys call it, but I always checked the thread as well, though not as much for a win as much as it was to check the progress of an intriguing psychological strategy that had just started off at an inopportune time.

So, like Faceran did, I’ll fire off a loaded question too (I knew there was something in that revolver yet, Blu!). Faceran admitted to having fought for a win. I played the game as the game that it was, and for the enjoyment. Which is worse? That’s for you to decide, but whichever you pick, and whatever the results are, I am going to walk away from here satisfied, and can’t wait till that moment.

Good luck, Face! Good luck, everyone!

Flag Post

Final Vote

Dear Jury members, it is now time for your final vote. You have two options, AdeebNafees and racefan12, and it is your task to PM me the name of the person you want to win the title of the Season 1 Winner of Big Brother and an FGF win (which is shown as a hologram of $50,000). In case some people won’t send in their votes, but one of our finalists reaches 4 votes, the voting may end even without all votes.

Good luck AdeebNafees, good luck racefan12. This is your moment of truth. (Oh, and Jury, the deadline for your votes is 27th November, 2012 at 5:30 PM (GMT +2).)

- Big Brother

Flag Post

I would really appreciate if you guys could actually vote without me having to prod you. At the moment, I have three votes, and the situation is 2 – 1. Come on.

- Big Brother

Flag Post

I have now received the sixth vote, and one of our finalists has reached four votes. The votes will now be revealed one by one, but not necessarily in the order I received them.

Final Eviction

AdeebNafees, racefan12, one of you will become the winner of Big Brother: Season 1 in the upcoming minutes. Here are the final votes.

SamsterSamster voted for racefan12.

Woon1957 also voted for racefan12. The votes are now 2 – 0.

CowFriend voted for AdeebNafees. 2 – 1 for racefan12.

WiiPlayer113 also voted for AdeebNafees. It is now a 2 – 2 tie.

LouWeed voted for racefan12.

And so did SilverEvil!

- Big Brother

Flag Post

Winner Congratulation

This means that AdeebNafees, you are the final person to be evicted from the Big Brother House, making…

racefan12

our winner! Congratulations! You will now receive an imaginary price of $50,000 (and yes, it’s ridiculously small). This game will also award you an “FGF win”, too.

- Big Brother

Flag Post

Congratulations, Adeeb and race. But Adeeb should have won since he voted horse, which is closer to a cow than a kangaroo.

Flag Post

Yeah, grats to both of you. Here’s a picture of the coin I tossed:

(not the actual coin obviously, because that coin came up heads).

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Congratulations, Adeeb and race. But Adeeb should have won since he voted horse, which is closer to a cow than a kangaroo.

I would have said elephant, but Bluji wasn’t on the jury.

Flag Post

Kongrats race!

At least someone from my “alliance” won, haha.

Even though my vote didn’t end up mattering, I’ll still explain it anyways. So, in the game race by far did better in my opinion than Adeeb. He had me convinced I was safe, it was great. He turned Cow and Woon against me, even better. I like that. He seemed to do a lot of the work in his alliance with Adeeb, and he did it more effectively. No offense, Adeeb, but when you told me not to vote for wercooler because you had “reason to keep him around”, that was like major red flag, obvious you were in another alliance, except not with wercooler, surprisingly. However, I really liked Adeeb’s first statement. He really nailed what I was looking for, which was he was absolutely honest and didn’t say what people wanted to hear. He said he wasn’t sorry for blindsighting me, which I liked. If he would have said he was sorry, I would have immediately voted race, and he would have won still with an extra vote. Anyways, I said I was undecided after that, and I really was. So I determined my voted based on the answers to my questions solely. I tried to guess what they would say if they were completely honest. Ok, so Adeeb’s answers were once again truthful. However, race’s answers were a bit off. My first question about if I would have asked for an alliance in the beginning was answered well, in my opinion. However, the next one about if I would have asked him for an alliance at like final 8. The answer I was looking for was something along the lines of race saying that he would agree to be in the final 2 with me, but having no intention on actually doing so since he already had his solid alliance with Adeeb. I don’t believe the “keeping my options open” statement. So, that’s mainly why I voted Adeeb. I didn’t really care about what you did, just how you actually feel about it.

PS: Bluji, please don’t post the spreadsheet with the answers from the Diary room things because I don’t want people to see how I chose myself as the strongest player almost every single time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Winner Congratulation

This means that AdeebNafees, you are the final person to be evicted from the Big Brother House, making…

racefan12

our winner! Congratulations! You will now receive an imaginary price of $50,000 (and yes, it’s ridiculously small). This game will also award you an “FGF win”, too.

- Big Brother

Grats Race.