[Game Over] Chosen Mafia page 3 (locked)

170 posts

Flag Post

Vote Jaskaran2000

Now there is some discussion.

Flag Post

[Unvote: Arken]
[Vote: Pulsaris]

From my perspective, he’s just trying to without any spotlight on him, trying to make a bandwagon on a few joke votes. I may be wrong though.

Flag Post

Seems like everyone is being horribly careful and stuff. Come on, people. The game won’t conduct itself.

Pulsaris seems unlikely to be scum because stupid wagon is stupid. Jask seems usual nubby self (when it comes to mafias). Arken unreadable because OMGUS vote says nothing except ’Hello World" the painful, cruel way.

ANYWAY

Since lynches gotta happen or something, I will vote Jask, putting him at the very Precarious L-2.

Flag Post

[Unvote: Pulsaris]
[Vote: Adeeb]

because he voted me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Seems like everyone is being horribly careful and stuff. Come on, people. The game won’t conduct itself.

Pulsaris seems unlikely to be scum because stupid wagon is stupid. Jask seems usual nubby self (when it comes to mafias). Arken unreadable because OMGUS vote says nothing except ’Hello World" the painful, cruel way.

ANYWAY

Since lynches gotta happen or something, I will vote Jask, putting him at the very Precarious L-2.

Originally posted by Pulsaris:

Vote Jaskaran2000

Now there is some discussion.

Amazing! a scumwagon! Vote: Adeeb FoS Pulsaris

Flag Post

Right now I’m more suspicious of Jask than anyone else.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Perpluid:

Right now I’m more suspicious of Jask than anyone else.

Why, if I may ask so?

Flag Post

It’s not nearly enough to vote, you just seem to be blaming everyone with little to no reason.

Flag Post

It’s not nearly enough to vote, you just seem to be blaming everyone with little to no reason.

Well,

Arken: Voted because wanted discussion, this vote was indeed stupid and next to no reason.

Pulsaris: Seemed to make a bandwagon in my eyes, to save his own ass, I am suspicious of him so I voted for him, that’s about enough reasoning for a FoS but I don’t FoS so I just voted him. This has reasoning in my eyes, your perspective may be different.

Adeeb: Voted him because he voted me just for a lynch. I find that very scummy, as to finish the game and win, and as I said, that’s enough reasoning for a FoS, but I don’t do that so I voted him.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Well,

Arken: Voted because wanted discussion, this vote was indeed stupid and next to no reason.

Pulsaris: Seemed to make a bandwagon in my eyes, to save his own ass, I am suspicious of him so I voted for him, that’s about enough reasoning for a FoS but I don’t FoS so I just voted him. This has reasoning in my eyes, your perspective may be different.

Adeeb: Voted him because he voted me just for a lynch. I find that very scummy, as to finish the game and win, and as I said, that’s enough reasoning for a FoS, but I don’t do that so I voted him.

You find it scummy when people vote you for a lynch but not scummy when you vote others for a lynch?

Flag Post

You find it scummy when people vote you for a lynch but not scummy when you vote others for a lynch?

I do find myself scummy too, at those parts, but I still think Adeeb is more suspicious. And because I am biased towards myself not being a mafia.

Flag Post

Well,

1. somebody has to vote first for discussion
2. usually in the 1st day everybody bandwagons
3. I do agree AN is trying to scumwagon and his playstyle as scum is very different from when he plays as town.

Flag Post

1. somebody has to vote first for discussion

That is indeed true, I guess that somewhat justifies my vote but I still stand by my statement that my vote was indeed stupid and not really needed. It really had no reason because it’s not like discussion was entirely closed off, but I guess it really did pay off.

2. usually in the 1st day everybody bandwagons

Yeah, if you don’t bandwagon, you can’t lynch a person, unless in plurality vote cases. But I still find that scummy that he voted for me on just some stupid joke votes, and will stand by my statement that I am suspicious of him.

3. I do agree AN is trying to scumwagon and his playstyle as scum is very different from when he plays as town.

I don’t know AN’s playing styles very well, however I will agree with you on the matter that AN seems to scumwagon.

Flag Post

A couple points to note: the most (and only) significant development thus far seems to be the wagon against Jaskaran on this page. arken and Jask voted against each other on the last page, Pulsaris voted Jask on this one to initiate discussion. Adeeb voted Jask to further the goal of a lynch, since we hadn’t done much to that point.

I’m not sure there’s anything especially useful that can be gleaned from our discussion so far. At some point, the conversation should at least give us a basis for further consideration on Day 2, but I think going to night at this point, either with a lynch or an NL, favors the scum. If we can’t guarantee a scum lynch on Day 1, we should at least strive to generate serious discussion. I advocate an [extension of day 1] (kind of seems like that’s happened anyway, but we should formalize it), and suggest we take a closer look at the Jask wagon.

The only other thing I see worth mentioning is that Adeeb capitalized precarious when using it as an adjective, and I have no idea if that was just a continuation of the name banter from the previous page, or if it’s an embedded message, or what.

Flag Post

Analysis thus far:

Jaskaran responds to votes by OMGUSing; he has voted for arken, Pulsaris, and Adeeb in turn after they voted him. He offers some reasoning, but the pattern suggests he’s kind of flailing at his voters. That said, that doesn’t necessarily seem to be town or scum behavior, merely self-preservation. He also hasn’t really been bailed out by anyone. I’m inclined to suspect that he’s town, but it warrants further discussion.

Arken’s vote was still part of the joke phase (see the quote pyramid). His vote is still on Jaskaran, which is a good way to vote under the radar I guess, but given the focus on Jask there hasn’t really be reason to remove it.

Pulsaris voted Jask to start discussion, and it seems to have done that. The vote is still there; again, there was no compelling reason to switch up. He hasn’t posted since that vote.

Adeeb was the first person to really move things forward, which was the stated goal of his post. However, there wasn’t a lot of analysis put forward for pushing the wagon (although there’s not a lot to go on yet).

Perpluid stated that he was suspicious of Jask, but unlike the others didn’t explicitly vote.

Silver voted Adeeb and FoS’d Pulsaris because of the wagon development.

The only noteworthy element here is that Adeeb is explicitly pursuing a lynch. That does seem the most suspicious thing so far, BUT there’s at least a hint of reasoning to it. I’m not familiar with his previous playstyle so I can’t comment on Silver’s claim that he’s deviating from his town-play. Right now, Adeeb seems the most suspicious, but I recommend we continue to discuss before leaping into a lynch.

Flag Post

Nobody has mentioned the people who haven’t done anything to contribute to the discussion, namely Woon and Bluji.

Flag Post

Day is extended for as long as there’s good activity. I’ll give a minimum of 24 hours before I end the Day. I’ll do a vote count tomorrow.

Flag Post

Jaskaran responds to votes by OMGUSing

How?

He offers some reasoning, but the pattern suggests he’s kind of flailing at his voters.

I am just suspicious of their so-called votes.

Nothing else to say on my part.

Flag Post

FoS Precarious

His argument is valid if he is a townie. Otherwise, it may be a scheme to push the wagon onto Adeeb. I’m not saying that Adeeb isn’t scum, though.

Flag Post

FoS Precarious

His argument is valid if he is a townie. Otherwise, it may be a scheme to push the wagon onto Adeeb. I’m not saying that Adeeb isn’t scum, though.

This makes me suspicious that AN and puls are scum >.>

Flag Post

I’m very sorry. I’ve totally forgotten about this game. But yes, I agree with the people above me (Pre, Jask, SE) that Adeeb’s want to lynch is surprisingly suspicious behaviour.

@AdeebNafees: Why did you vote Jask, otherwise than trying to get the game to the night phase where the scum rules? I don’t see any other reasons for your vote than that and possible because Jask is "usual nubby self".

Flag Post

Jaskaran responds to votes by OMGUSing

How?

He offers some reasoning, but the pattern suggests he’s kind of flailing at his voters.

I am just suspicious of their so-called votes.

What I mean is that you immediately moved your vote from your previous voter to the next person who voted for you. I’m not saying that’s scummy, just that someone voting for you isn’t itself necessarily scummy.

Nobody has mentioned the people who haven’t done anything to contribute to the discussion, namely Woon and Bluji.

Bluji has since contributed, but we still haven’t heard from Woon. He may have just forgotten about the game, but I would like to hear from him.

FoS Precarious

Now that Day 1 has been indefinitely extended and there’s no risk of accidental NL, I’d prefer not to see a wagon against anybody until we’ve had further discussion (and ideally elicited something that could be useful in future days). If we keep talking, something useful might pop up.

Flag Post

AdeebNafees
Jaskaran2000
SilverEvil

Votes: 2
Needed: 5

Jaskaran2000
arkenarken
Pulsaris
AdeebNafees

Votes: 3
Needed: 5

Flag Post

Good. The thread seems to be much more alive right now.

I won’t really bother addressing the whole tons of “lol you scumwagoneer” stuff. Partly because in my rather elevated vision of myself, I wouldn’t jump on a wagon as Precarious as the one on Jaskaran, and partly because it is probably against my scum meta anyway (I won’t quote it since any game that I can quote from is one whose meta I can break pretty easily).

One thing. SE is new to the forums, and hasn’t played with me long enough to know how I play at all. Bluji, on the other hand, has played several, and been the host of several others. Not saying that’s very scummy. More like, it is surprising.

(Bluji)

@AdeebNafees: Why did you vote Jask, otherwise than trying to get the game to the night phase where the scum rules? I don’t see any other reasons for your vote than that and possible because Jask is “usual nubby self”.

Here we go. Cat out of the bag, or peanut out of the shell.

I wanted to see how he’d react under pressure, really (He didn’t react much differently from how I expected him to: OMGUS vote. I’d have expected him to have lashed out at me for scumwagoning, but he seemed to prefer the “You voted me!” tack), and I wanted to see more opinion on a lynch that was, till then, somehow developing into a coherent wagon without having a shade of logic behind it. And Pulsaris alone seemed to attract much less attention than I did. Possibly, because his post didn’t say anything at all.

(Precarious)

The only other thing I see worth mentioning is that Adeeb capitalized precarious when using it as an adjective, and I have no idea if that was just a continuation of the name banter from the previous page, or if it’s an embedded message, or what.

Draw your own conclusions :D

In the meantime, since my vote seems to have, at least partly, fulfilled its purpose, I will unvote Jask, and wait for the rest of you guys to discuss these developments before posting here again. If someone has some strong rope, try to lasso Wooneh in.

Flag Post

Unvote Jaskaran2000

Things go suspicious now, and discussion has long started. My vote isn’t needed now.