[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 13

669 posts

Flag Post

NIHIL

I stand here, absorbing sunlight, taking a rest from the mess, and looking at the amusing mess below. Of course, I look around for more protruding rocks.

But then, a shot sanguine energy start heading roughly at my direction. Well, if it was directed at me, it’d be better. However, in this direction, the most probable case is that it will hit a rock, and what I am standing on right now may break.

“Blast!” I curse, throwing off shots and shots of lightning, but it does not help. The sanguine energy connects to the wall of rocks below. I feel the rock are shaking.

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

“Weaken my spells to strengthen my abilities or vice versa…?” I think about it for a moment. “Um… Thanks but no thanks. I, um, both need my spells and abilities to stand up to any strong attacks…” And I also consider Vinyl’s offer. “And I might not be able to fly very well if I wear your armor, so…” I lower my head, afraid that I’ve offended him by implying that his magical armor is heavy and unwieldy. It’s just that, well, I can only levitate the materials composing my own body, and flying is hard unless I make myself light, so wearing any sort of external armor I can’t levitate will surely make flight very difficult, especially since I’ll have to dodge the monster’s attacks too… But I don’t want to explain all that, and I really don’t think he cares, so… “Um… Cover me, okay…? T-Thanks in advance…” Without another word, I sprout silvery wings and jump out of Vinyl’s little crystal fortress.

The monster is still shrieking like mad and firing off blasts of red elemental energies in random directions. Teeth clenched and fists gripped tightly to stave off the icy fear and dread that is quickly beginning to fill me, I fill myself as fully with my Blessing spell as possible, causing my entire silvery metallic body to glow a blinding, radiant white. “Um… H-Hey, look this w-way…?” I say feebly in the failed attempt of a taunt.

Oh, come on! Lynn rolls her metaphysical eyes. We can do so much better than that!

B-But… Before I even begin to respond, a giant red tentacle covered in black spikes streaks toward me. “Agh!” I cry out in surprise and pain as it clangs against one of my wings, sending out a shower of white sparks. Luckily, I’m enhanced by so much magic right now that the attack leaves little more than a dent that is repaired in an instant. But that’s only one hit; I doubt I can just shrug off a dozen or more of them. And they have to be relatively weak attacks, compared to the destructive energies coming out of the creature’s many mouths… I’ll have to try to direct those at itself.

One of the mouths spits a stream of sizzling red liquid at me. I swiftly rise higher to dodge, but still cringe in pain when just a bit of the deadly acid grazes the tip of my left foot. Maybe I should change myself to a smaller target… But I’m not a naturally airborne creature. I’ve only really practiced flying in a winged human form, so it’ll be hard for me to fly with anything resembling agility if I turn into, say, a ball of metal with wings. So I just make myself as small as possible, shrinking down to half of my normal body mass. I now have about three quarters of my original height, and look about half my original age. Okay, hope this works…

Eugh! Lynn grumbles. You got rid of all our sex appeal! Now who’ll look at us than pedo pervs?!

T-That’s not exactly what we should be t-thinking right now! I stammer, while dodging a huge gout of scarlet flames, and then barely a razor-sharp bladed wing.

One of the mouths shrieks. Then it rapidly extends outwards from the creature’s writhing body as a red dragon’s head and neck, covered in black spikes and horns like the rest of the monster. It reaches out to abnormal lengths to snap at me. When I swerve to the left just in time, it hisses, and an angry red light begins to charge up in its throat. This is my chance…! Fear and anticipation surges up within me, and it feels as though my heart is beating faster even though I don’t really have one anymore in this form. Dodging a few more tentacle, claw, and wing blade attacks, I see that one dragon head twisting back on itself to aim its breath weapon at me. Now…

Panic suddenly stabs through my heart, nearly making me freeze in my tracks. What if the monster can absorb its own attacks?!

Gah! Lynn hisses. Do now, think later!

R-Right! Focusing power, I hurl a concentrated bolt of white energy into the dragon head’s throat, causing the charging sphere of red light to gain a brilliant white tint. I can’t believe I’m doing something this risky; I’m really in trouble if I can’t dodge the monster’s buffed-up breath weapon…

With an ear-grating scream the monster unleashes its beam.

Flag Post

Adrian

Rosalyn sprouts wings and flies away. Even after I told her I didn’t want her to. She flies out and attempts to taunt the thing. With the worst taunt ever, it seems that she had even managed to get the thing’s tentacle (one of many) to hit her. I expected in that moment for it to destroy her completely, but…

It barely dents her.
DAMMIT, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH HER?
One day, if we survive, I am going to ask what the hell she did to make herself so awesome.

She darts out of the way of a blast of red energy, and attracts the attention of the biggest, baddest, looking red dragon-head. Thorns, scales, 20m neck, horns, the whole kit and cabotle. After it snaps at her a few times, it has completely turned to face itself, and consequently, Rosalyn.

It stares at her for a moment, and seems to rear up to shoot its attack at her. And that is when she does something that I really didn’t expect. She shoots a burst of energy directly into the mouth of the deamon. It is absolutely ridiculous! How could she possibly think that doing that could have any effect except feeding the fire. And that is when I think that feeding the fire is exactly what she wants.

And it is also the time the it fires.
Except, it doesn’t. It explodes at her.

Flag Post

The Voices of Destruction

A shard of energy strikes the creature with great speed, unleashing an explosion that blasts away a fairly noticeable chunk of the creature’s squirming flesh and scales. Some of the voices shriek in agony, but others barely notice. The wound begins to automatically heal, but very slowly.

A brightly glowing creature appears, flying, and makes some sort of taunt. Enraged more than they already are, some of the voices lash out with tentacles and breath weapons, but the glowing flyer dodges them all. One of the voices decide to reach out further, extending itself as a dragon head and neck, while charging a blast of devastating kinetic force between its jaws. As it bends backwards on itself to keep the blast aimed at the flyer, the flyer hurls a bolt of some unknown white energy into the voice’s draconic mouth. In its mad rage, the voice scarcely notices the sudden influx of power in its breath weapon, nor where it is aiming with said breath weapon…

The flyer dodges, and the beam of red and white energy tears through the monster’s own flesh like knife through butter.

All of the voices shriek in agony, a shriek that grates the mind as well as ears. As the creature’s whole body churns with a sickening, almost fluid-like quality, a massive omnidirectional wave of invisible psychic energy is emitted from the creature, imparting some of the voices’ agony, rage, hatred, and madness to every mind it touches.

The flyer lets out a shriek of pain as it clutches its head. Wings fluttering with useless irregularity, it plummets to the ground, the white glow that suffuses its body quickly winking out. Still screaming with dozens of cacophonous voices, the monster brings down one of its large scythe-like wing blades, messily cleaving the flyer in half from the middle.

Within their own deranged mindscape, some of the voices begin to turn on themselves, viciously ripping into one another. The creature’s physical body begins to shrink as a result. But the other voices are still venting their insanity in the physical world, attacking at random directions with their assortment of deadly weapons.

[The psychic burst causes a sharp burst of mental agony, accompanied by nigh incomprehensible images whose exact contents are extremely violent but otherwise up to you. Everyone in the vicinity is affected, including Nihil, Arcax, Phirix-Therex, Coal, Tarn, and possibly Amintah. Dawn and the Faceless Man will be ignored for now. Whether the effects persist, and for how long, is up to you. Spells that require constant mental focus to maintain will be disrupted. No, such an attack isn’t spammable.]

[Since Rosalyn is made of metal at the moment, she doesn’t bleed from being vertically bisected, nor will any innards show other than uniform silvery white metal.]

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! IT HURTS! IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS IT HURTS GRAAABLHSDFVBQNPTX

Mercury

Emergency. Near-critical mental damage. Preparing deletion of corrupted sectors and restoration from backup.

No, Mercury… A voice whispers, a remnant of something that no longer exists. Go back to sleep…

As you wish, Master.

Rose

Agh… I shudder. Everything seems shattered and foggy, and everything hurts. What… Where… Are we…

Still alive, yeah… Lynn says with a huge groan of pain. Ugh… Y-You… You all right…?

I… I dunno… I can’t feel my wings. Or legs. Or arms, or body, or head… It takes me a few moments to realize that I’m splattered on the ground as a pool of transparent colorless liquid. Extending a little pseudopod thing with sight, I see that the giant monster is still raging, shooting red breath weapons of various elements in random directions. But it’s quite a bit smaller now, the attacks much less frequent.

Ugh… That was some nasty mental attack… Lynn says.

Y-Yeah… I should check on everyone else, see if they’re okay… Taking on a silvery metallic sheen again, I begin to slither and ooze toward Vinyl’s crystal bunker again, with painful slowness.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I run out of my crystal fortress to cover Rosalyn, I charge out there, shooting blue fire bolts at anything that goes for her, of course, some get pass my covering fire. As I get closer to the monster I have to put more effort into protecting myself, putting up shards in front of me or to my sides to block any incoming attacks, as well as putting my manuvering to the test, dodging the creature’s attacks. I see Rosalyn do so something then… Pain. I see horrible images flash into my mind. Blurred memories of my dead family spring into my brain, I try to concentrate but the pain in my head is too much. I feel my armor go down, “Oh shit.” I say to myself as an assortment of attacks head over into my position. I go down on both knees as dozens of shards surround me, overlapping each other, protecting me from the hailstorm of attacks. I slowly, walk towards the crystal fortress, shards popping up around me to block any more attacks. As I near the, barley a couple feet away, I feel something sharp jab into my back, I ignore it for now and enter the safe haven I made. “Well that sucked,” I look at my back, a red is jabbed into it, and bu how it feels, it barely went in, however I am starting to feel a burning sensation on my back. Fire shard, I think to myself. My vision blurs in and out, okay, it hasn’t blown up yet, I look at the others and smile, “Okay, this is going to be really, really painful, so after I do this, I need you guys to bandage up my back, there should be enough in my backpack.” I slowly reach for the shard, once I feel it, I can feel the heat it is giving off. I quickly grab it and yank it out of my person, as I fall forward the shard explodes in my hand, a second before I surround my hand with armor. As I hit the floor and look at my left hand, I saw it was on fire, however the armor protected it, up to my friends now.

[Vinyl has fainted and now has a small hole in his back, permanent injury shouldn’t happen unless you know, y’all don’t save him]

Flag Post

Adrian
The creature missed. And it hit itself. Cut straight through it. No strings attached. And it began to compress and shrink. Something too split second happened, Rosalyn shattered in two and fractals of metals and turned into small droplets of liquid,which all form together into a puddle. I began to run over to help h -

A piercing shriek came through my mind. I collapsed to the ground. Images came through my mind. Covering my ears help nothing. My parents. My dearest friends. All of those near and dear to me that I had lost since eight years ago. A debilitating spasm of… Spas ness came over me, and I couldn’t control myself. I vaguely remember crawling into the ice shelter before suffering through months of mental torture.

Flag Post

Pale Fang

Everyone went out to slay the mighty creature of dread. Someone had to protect Lavender though…that someone was me. I was holding her close to me when something had hit my mind. The things an individual can hear when they become disconnected with reality can be pretty freaky. Mostly, it is all just horrid memories…like all the bad stuff came back in a torrential downpour on my psyche. The most recent memories being the amount of torture I went through from the experiments run on me. I was probed telepathically…so often, I started building a resistance to it…a mental shielding of sorts. That mental shielding couldn’t hold all the voices at bay though and so, while holding Lavender, I pass out, eyes open and glossed over, pupils dilated.

Flag Post

Sophia

I smile vaguely upon my shard’s impact. A decent amount of damage, I guess. At least it’s possible to take down.

And my smile increases in intensity as I notice Mrs. Psycho flying towards the monster. As she reaches her position, it becomes quite plain as to what her objective is. But my smile quickly disappears once the monster unleashes its self-damaging attack. In shock, I revert back to a human form and drop with a thud onto the ground. I clutch my head as the images rush forward, random, indecipherable images with no theme but death…and violence…and nothingness. I quickly get a grip back on myself, but not before multiple bolts of energy have pierced through my skin. Fortunately, my core remains intact and I manage to revert back into my true form, although with great agony. This bastard better die soon.

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

An eternity later, when I finally manage to slither and crawl back into Vinyl’s crystal bunker, and return to human form, I see Vinyl himself collapsed to the ground, with a bleeding hole in his back. “Oh no…!” I gasp. Then wince, as just speaking sends a jolt of pain through me. I’m pretty close to running out of energy, and I can’t expect another second wind to just mysteriously appear out of nowhere like it did after Lynn fought the monster that caused the city to crash… But still, I can’t just let an injured man bleed to death..! I reach out with both hands, and begin to pour a small amount of bluish white light into it. I hope I can at least lessen the wound…

As I do that, I quickly glance at everyone else in the bunker. Vinyl, Adrian, Pale Fang, even Lavender, all of them seem to have fallen unconscious… Taking a deep, shuddering breath, I reach out with waves of soothing mental energy, in an attempt to rouse them back to consciousness. I really need their help, as I can’t possibly take on that monster by myself…

[Don’t worry, Adrian will be healed even if Rosalyn runs out of energy. You’ll see.]

Flag Post

Pale Fang

The mind is a funny thing…to an extent, we control it. To an extent, we are controlled by it. These memories of the experiments…So painful…it wasn’t limited to mental probing, either. They tested all sorts of magic on me and all I could do was either take it as told to or do my best to evade it…It was mostly the former. They had a tougher time experimenting on me when my resistances started building up. I was witnessing myself face telepathic probing in all its pain-inducing horror when everything started to break away. It was like time froze in my mind and disappeared piece-by-piece. When I come to, my pupils return to their normal size. I continue to carry Lavender with me as I make my way to Vinyl and Rose. Vinyl has a decent-sized puncture wound and a mess of bandages. The amount of blood on his clothes suggest that the wound was bigger at one point. Regardless, I remove all clothing on Vinyl’s upper body so nothing gets in the way of my bandaging him up. Looking through the contents of his bag, I see bandage wrap among other things. He came slightly prepared but without proper medical attention, he will surely die. At least I can buy him more time without having to infect him. That may be a last resort option so I will hold off on that for now. I finish bandaging up the wound and keep Lavender near him as I head toward Rose. Holding her head against my chest, I nod.

…You did great, Rose. I had to protect Lavender from what that thing sent out at us. I took the hit to my psyche. It was more than my resistance to psychic attacks could handle. If this thing has a core, then striking that would end the chaos, right? When you cause it to hit itself, did you notice a core at all?…

Flag Post

Nihil

The shaking of the rock ceases. I let out a sigh and continue to store sunlight inside my body. Not long after, though, a piercing shriek surges into my head. With my last consciousness, I unleash my true form, a large, glittering corundum crystal, which I think can improve my mental integrity and magical defense.

Hellish headache ensues…

Death of my mentor. Betrayal of my spouse. All against one. One against all. BLOOD! REVENGE! MASSACRE! ANGST! DESTRUCTION! VOID! …

Recovery is surprisingly quick. However, my head is empty. No memory. I can’t remember anything! Except the spells I know, and six words:

Travel far! Learn magitech! Overpower everybody!

Maybe this is what I want to do? And this particular spell…

I change back into my human form, nearly dropped to the ground below. Damnit! What is that thing around my waist? An anti-gravity belt?

Flag Post

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

“A core?” I frown, trying desperately to remember what I’ve seen when I was the closest to the monster. “No, I didn’t…” Head lowered, I bite my lips; maybe if I just tried harder…

Hey, I’ve got an idea, Lynn says in a heated tone. That son of a bitch slapped our mind real hard, so how about we slap it back?!

What…?! The thought makes me instinctively shrink in fear. That creature’s mind, I’ve never felt anything like it before… I’m afraid that if I touch it for too long, it may drive me insane…

Come on! Lynn growls. It just caught us by surprise! If we work together, we can take that thing!

Taking a deep, shuddering breath, I force myself to try to calm down and think about the situation at hand. I’m the only one with fully functional telepathic capabilities in the group, as far as I know, which means I’m the only one who can stop the monster from unleashing another psychic wave like that… And I don’t have much energy left anyways. The monster’s mind, from the brief contact I had with it, seems extremely chaotic and self-conflicted, so if Lynn and I are careful then maybe we can slip past its defenses and disable it… After all, we don’t seem to have any feasible ways of defeating it physically…

“Hey, um… I have an idea, but…” I fidget a bit as I speak. “I’m going to try to attack that monster’s mind, just so it can’t do that again… But…” Fear and worry wells up in me again. What if they get hurt…? Then it’ll be all my fault… “But… I’ll need some other people to keep it distracted… So it can’t focus on blocking me out… So…” I trail off, not quite daring to finish.

Flag Post

Pale Fang

This crystal bunker makes for a nice fortification. How long will it hold up though?

…Rose, what if I were to hit it physically while you attack its mind? Think you’d be able to increase its sensitivity to pain?…

Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
I slowly awaken from what appears to have been a long-ass fall. What exactly occurred to cause such-
Oh, wait. I got mind-blasted, didn’t I? Yeaaaaaaaaah. Hope that bull dude is okay, because he’s not being in the glorious… pretty lady’s army if he’s not, and-
Woah.
Woah-ho-ho. Wiaho.
That chick over there is pretty non-sexual. Maybe she could be a minion! Minions need to be super-meek or- no, uh… chastitised. So they don’t have sex with each other on the job, and all that. I stand up – oh look I’m no longer in dragon form – and stride over to her and her group, beams of various types from the demon box thing narrowly missing me as I do so.
‘Alloooooooooooooo. H. What’s getting discussed over here?’ .

Flag Post

Pale Fang

A man in strange clothing appears. His fashion sense seems to be not as odd as mine, at the moment. I step forward to speak to him, adjusting my corset in the process.

…Haven’t seen you around when the creature out there was massive. If you’re intention is to help us defeat it, by all means, welcome to the party. That girl over there is going to hit the creature’s mind while I attack it physically. I want her to increase its sensitivity to pain. By the way, I’m Pale Fang. Who are you?…

Flag Post

Amie

“So you see, joining my small group of warriors will be beneficial to the both of us, provided you do everything that it is asked of you.”
Desmond, Zent’s younger brother, still remained uncertain.
“Look, I’m not going to pressure you into anything. After all, it was your brother who offered to give me shelter for the night, and I’m extremely grateful. We can talk about this in the morning if you’d like.”
He eased up, agreeing to discuss it later. We continued our supper over meaningless conversation. Zent’s kids were still outside playing, they were visible from the kitchen window so it was easy to keep an eye on them.

About an hour later, Desmond showed me to the spare room they had. It was cozy, and the glow from the candlelight made it even more welcoming. After he left, I walked over to the bed and sat on it. Maybe I would stay here longer than expected; it’s not everyday such a nice family invites you to stay in their home.

Flag Post

Hephiriz-Zatherex Ullulos
EYE.’ .
…wait, do I want to say who I am? No, of course I do. I’m the person to know about armies.
‘Eyyyyeeeee. Am Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos, Envoy of Entropy and Death. Would you happen to know any demon people who would be willing to join the almighty and wondrous army of the mysterious and extremely powerful… pretty lady? I require minions for it, is the thing.’ .
I stare the person up and down, my bodily form changing as I do so.
‘You look like you might be a wolf. Are you a wolf? I killed a wolf person once, then threw its guts all over a town. That was a while back, though… wait. Uh… ignore that last part, please. The part about wolf murder, I mean, which I totally never did, ever. M’yes.’ .

Flag Post

Pale Fang

…Hell of a name you’ve got there. Strange form, as well. Indeed, uh, Hephirix…I am a werewolf however, I am not like the typical werewolf. Only those who have either done their research or have stood the test of time and are still alive would know that I am an Ancient Werewolf…a Reaper, if you will. Dragons are the most likely ones to withstand time…

I brush the back of my right hand against my hair and continue.

…Who is this pretty lady you speak of? I assume that if she is extremely powerful, then she either a demon or a dragon…

Flag Post

Coal

I hear a shriek and the creature carrying me releases me. I fall and as I fall I remember the cave-in that killed my family.

I see arms, legs, tails and horns sticking out of piles of rocks. no. No. NO. I punch the wall and rocks begin falling all around me.

Startled I wake up with a slight headache. What happened? I thought as I picked myself off the ground. Then I remember I had just fallen. The creature who was carrying me is not in sight but I see a battle nearby. I head toward the battle and see a large creature, a bunker made of crystals and the strange man that had turned into a dragon earlier, along with the people I had been watching before. I go up to them and ask “Is there anything I can do to help?”

Flag Post

Pale Fang

As I wait for Hephirix’s reply, I turn my focus to a bull on its rear legs.

…Impressive…a minotaur…Your strength could be useful…

I point to Rose for a moment and look back at the minotaur.

…That girl right there will be attacking that large creature’s mind. I plan on causing physical harm to it while she causes mental harm and possibly increases its sensitivity to physical pain as well. Much like werewolves and dragons, minotaurs are interesting creatures. I am Pale Fang…

Flag Post

Adrian

“You get under cover” I say to the newcomer, without opening my eyes. The remnants of the mental attack have caused… How peachy, another migrain. How Utterly Ironic.

Chalk that up as the third reason to save Rosalyn from utter destruction.

Speaking about her, I look around and see that not only has she returned, but she had also brought two new friends. Interested, but not to the point of interest, I ignore them for now and peer out of the ice cave to see what happened to the monster. It definitly shrank, by magnitudes actually, but it is still on its destructive rampage.

A bit overly cheery, I flop down behind the ice sculpture and say “Ok, so my idea worked, what next? Should we fight this this, or get out of its way, now that he won’t be going insanely fast?”

Flag Post

Coal

I am Coal. I say to the woman who called herself Pale Fang. Nice to meet you.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I spring up, “Hello! My name is Vinyl!” I say before my eyes roll back and I lose consciousness.

Flag Post

Pale Fang

…A pleasure, indeed, Coal. While Vinyl is resting, you, me, Adrian, Rose and Hephirix had better bring an end to that thing. Now that it’s been grounded and downsized, defeating this thing should be possible. Better to remove the infection entirely rather than let it fester., right? Coal, what exactly are you capable of? Being a Minotaur, you must have immense physical strength and speed, yes?…