[GAME] [RP] Incarnatum Mȳthologiae [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN] page 15

669 posts

Flag Post

Pale Fang

The other dragon head seems to be looking at me. I continue climbing.

…Yeah, I see you there, lookin’ at me. You’re going to lose this partner of yours in a little bit…

I climb to the top of the dragon’s head and notice the horns. Good length…sharp as well. I dig the claws on my feet into the dragon’s scales, run a set of scratch marks into myself for an added strength and speed boost and begin pulling at the left horn in an attempt to impale this dragon’s skull with it.

Flag Post

Hephirix-Zatherex Ullulos
BARGH HOW DARE YOU.’ .
I momentarily transform the wing into fire to regenerate it. That being done, I promptly begin draining the demonhead weird monster of energy again, and begin chucking icicles at it whilst trying to lower its temperature to below survivable levels, and also more ice breath freeze trails along its body. Ahahahaha. You are going to be unsurvive, DWM.

Flag Post

The Voices of Destruction

At least five mouths suddenly gape open, three of which extend outward as dragon heads. They begin to spit fire, lightning, and more fire, all red as blood and aimed toward the blue dragon, easily overwhelming its icicles and cold attacks. Energy is being drained away from the monster, but slowly; and it almost feels as though the monster’s energy reserves are bottomless.

With an ear-piercing shriek entirely out of place for a dragon, the dragon head aiming at the werewolf lets loose a huge blast of red icy vapor. The attack blows the werewolf off the other dragon head’s neck, while encasing it almost completely in ice; only its strong elemental resistances manage to save it from total incapacitation, if not death. However, the attack does also freeze the dragon head that the werewolf had climbed on.

[Your fault that you didn’t bother trying to dodge when a breath weapon was aimed at you.]

Flag Post

GAH OH FUCK’ .
Dodge the fire-
‘OH FUCK’ .
Dodge the lightning-
‘OH FUCK’ .
Dodge the fire and lightning again-
‘OH FUCK’ .
Dodge the lightning againagain-
‘OH FUAARRRJGHH’ .
And then the fire gets my back legs, and I have to set them on fire to try and counteract- actually, screw it. I go into full fused form, eventually shaking off the fire that was just encasing most of my lower body after transformation into fused form. With that done, and granted that I still have a fairly limitless supply of energy to drain from, I fly around the other side of the DWM to try and evade those dragon heads, darting around rapidly to avoid the attacks of those and anything else that might try to shoot at me, whilst also launching balls of fire construct at the DWM to burn it down into deathness. Yes.

[And, since it’s now pertinent to the current situation: how long does the average fused form of a multi-form Shifter last?]

Flag Post

Pale Fang

Getting hit with the ice attack sure didn’t go well. I fall off the now frozen dragon head, encased in ice, myself. When I hit the ground, I land with some of the ice I’m encased in shattering. Due to the cold temperatures, it will take a bit longer for my strength and speed to rise again after that hit and that fall. I’d say life is at 20% with Frozen status.

Flag Post

Adrian

Sigh. My one-time allies are in trouble. One is down already, and the thing still doesn’t look any worse. There is only one thing left to do for them.

I shift into my ocelot form and rush out as fast as I can to the fray. I strafe to the left or right at any given time to avoid the things breath, which haven’t been aimed at me quite yet. I’ll solve that problem yet.

I leap at the thing and hit the side of it, my nails digging into it. Knowing that I wouldn’t last under any attacks of this kind, I jump back a meter and run to a distance of ten or so. I start running, at maximum speed, an erratic circle around the thing at this distance, hoping that the attack would distract it from my allies, and sigh aim it at me.

Flag Post

Pale Fang

It takes longer than expected but my muscle mass starts to expand, causing cracks in the ice until it all shatters. I’m pretty pissed right about now, especially since I can feel immense pain. With one dragon head frozen, it’s time to stop the freezing dragon head. I make my dash to the still active dragon head and begin my ascent up its neck. This one will die first.

Flag Post

Coal

AAAAGH!” I scream as the acid burns through my skin. I wipe as much of the acid off of my skin as possible before screaming “THAT HURT YOU ASSHOLE!” I pick up the wing I tore off and run towards the head that spit acid at me. As I grow nearer to the head I throw the wing at it hoping the bladed edge hits it and not the bony part of the wing.

Flag Post

[Gaaaaaah. Sorry, I was going to do a Rosalyn post yesterday, but it got too long. And today I kept getting distracted… Let me just do something before I go to sleep so this won’t die.]

And, since it’s now pertinent to the current situation: how long does the average fused form of a multi-form Shifter last?

[It lasts until I feel like it’s vaguely about time the form ended.]

As the minotaur throws a torn-off wing at the monster, the bladed part strikes… but the entire wing is promptly reabsorbed back into the creature’s body.

Suddenly, a violent shudder appear to shake through the creature’s entire body; it stops moving for several whole seconds. Then it begins to rapidly shrink. As its size decreases, it begins to take on a more definite shape. Eventually it becomes just over forty meters in length, a seven-headed red dragon covered in black spikes, with four arms, four scythe-bladed wings and two tentacle-like tails. Even though it superficially resembles a dragon, the creature bears no hint of the usual haughty elegance that comes with the draconic race. Instead, it appears far more brutish, an entity of pure slaughter and destruction fuelled by endlessly burning rage and hatred.

All five dragon heads roar. Then they unleash their breath weapons simultaneously, this time far less random, aimed with far more malicious purpose.

[Stuff is actually going on inside the creature’s mind right now thanks to Rosalyn. As said above, I didn’t have time to write it out.]

[The monster is no longer attacking randomly. If you don’t choose yourself which breath weapon is aimed at you, I will choose it for you.]

Flag Post

[What are it’s breath weapons again?]

Flag Post

Coal

GAAAAAAHH!” I screamed. More acid had landed on me. I try to wipe it all off but more acid keeps coming. I run as fast as possible away from the stream of acid but it follows me. I manage to run out of the dragon heads range and wipe off as much acid as possible before it burned too far into my skin. The acid leaves severe burns all over my body and several chunks of my fur have been burnt off. “At least my loot is safe” I say as I look at my bag. When I look closer at the bag I see that there is a hole in it and no pendant. “Fuck!”.

Flag Post

Pale Fang

The creature shrinks a lot more and transforms into a multi-headed dragon. I’m still holding onto the neck of the frozen ice-breather. After its transformation, I continue climbing to the top. Before pulling up though, I stay hanging to let a stream of fire pass overhead. Better to not get fried and kill a dragon after. Without a doubt, some of that ice must have melted significantly. Either way, the ice head would be the first to fall. I continue ripping one of its horns out.

…Now, you die, false dragon…

I raise the horn up and bring it down into the ice-breather’s skull before sliding down the back of the dragon’s neck to its body, using my claws as a safety catch in case things get too shaky with this neck.

Flag Post

IIIICE is flying at me. Attempts to dodge are achieved, just about, although I ever so nearly lose the tip of my nose. And it’s still really cold, anyway. Eburr. Anyways, I now have to retaliate somehow… uhh… oh, I know. DEATH FIRE flies at the magic-throwing face head, which is clearly the most dangerous of the faces of evil towards me, even if it isn’t aiming at me. Or, I dunno, maybe the double protection will help against it? I dunno.

Flag Post

The ice head roars loudly, and moves close to another of the heads. The two necks begin to grind together, hoping to brush off the werewolf with their spikes.

In response to the dark fire flying toward it, the magic head breathes out a stream of translucent red energy. As the two attacks meet, the fire quickly disperses and disappears entirely, while some of the red energy continues toward the dragon-demon hybrid.

A third head turns toward the little fortress of blue crystals not very far away, as if noticing it for the first time. Snarling, it spits out a blast of dark red energy. As the attack connects, countless cracks begin to appear on the crystals; an instant later they quickly shatter into thousands of pieces. Whoever under the crystals’ protection are now fully vulnerable.

[Time to wake up, Vinyl.]

Flag Post

Pale Fang

Things start getting shaky, as predicted as I slide down the neck of the ice-spewer. Reaching it’s back, I notice the carnage that fell upon the crystal fortifications. Vinyl, Rose, and Lavender are vulnerable at this point. I immediately develop a sense of worry as I notice them.

…Coal! Start attacking the dragon heads!…

I begin my dash off the body of this thing to protect Lavender, primarily. If I can, I will save Vinyl and Rose. I can still feel the punishment from the ice-breather’s previous attack on me. The pain is tolerable, thankfully. Hold on, Lavender. Mother’s coming to help you.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I wake up as I hear a sudden crash, I see the roof above me crack a little… oh shit! I quickly put on my armor and cover Lavender’s body with mines, protecting from the shards that fall on top of us, as well as sticking two shards out of the ground, over Rosalyn’s head protecting her. After the dust clears my body armor protect me, and more importantly Lavender, from the shards. I grab Rosalyn and tell her, “Come on!”. I see that one girl, god I’m horrid with names, er, whatever I think I figured it out, running towards me. I pick up lavender and start running through the battlefield, walls of shards popping out of the ground protecting Rosalyn and I. “Annie!” I shout to the girl before handing off Lavender to her. “Take care of her, I’ll take your place in the front lines.” I say before charging the huge monster thingie.

[Yes, Pale Fang is Annie, that’s just the name Vinyl remembers.]

Flag Post

[Rosalyn was also under the crystals, attacking the monster’s mind.]

Flag Post

Pale Fang

As I receive not just Lavender but a new name, I speak up before Vinyl leaves for battle.

…Target the dragon heads to remove the threat of what they spew forth. I will help Rose and Lavender from here…

I run to Rose with Lavender in tow and speak up.

…We need to seek another defensive point so you can continue in protection, Rose…

Flag Post

[Kinda edited Rosalyn in.

Flag Post

God
DAAAAAAAAAAMN
I lose an arm to the not-blocked energy blast, and begin to take time regrowing it. Meanwhile, I create lots of deadly deathy fire, then send it so that it will end up coalescing on to the energy-shooting dragon head from most angles. Hopefully, that will succeed in getting the head, and not get to being totally blocked by more energy blasts.

Flag Post

Vinyl
I nod before gathering all of the shards from the broken fortress and getting some space between those three girls and I. The shards start circling me, like a tornado almost and I put some lightning into the shards while smiling. All the shards varying shapes and sizes are now glowing blue and has small amounts of lightning magic into them. I start unleashing a storm of lightning shards at the dragon’s head. Once a lightning shard makes contact, it shocks the victim before exploding.

Flag Post

Coal

I hear Pale Fang tell me to attack the dragon heads. “Alright.” I say as I start running toward the dragon. I manage to reach the ice head without much harm coming to me. I climb up onto its neck and wrap my arms around it trying to choke it.

Flag Post

[Guys, do remember that Rosalyn’s mind is elsewhere. She’s pretty much unconscious right now, her body limp.]

Rosalyn Lightfell

Rose

Memories flood our mind, Lynn’s and mine. Memories of dozens upon dozens of lifetimes, each one short, bleak, and ending in brutal, painful deaths. They dig into my heart like cold stone knives, no, cold stone drills… Each one makes my heart twist and tear, filling me with a despair heavy like mountains and cold like glaciers… It takes me a while to realize that all of those are the memories of one single person, one unimaginably old person who has been through so much, so much suffering and failures and betrayal…

In the earliest memories this person was a lost, confused creature. He could recall nothing. Not his past, not his powers, not his race, not even his own name… He had nowhere to go to, so he wandered. Even though it was from so long ago, the world was still dangerous, sometimes harsh and uncaring, other times downright malicious and hungry. Beasts attacked him often, mutilating him, tearing his flesh from bone or occasionally bone from flesh. But no matter how much damage he sustained, how much of his body was torn away and devoured, what little pieces remained of his body would always regenerate to full health, sometimes quickly but sometimes slowly as a crawl. Even when he was evenly split into many pieces and consumed by a horde of land piranhas, his soul still clung to one little piece of bone, which slowly regrew in the monster’s stomach until the creature was split open. Death would not take him, no matter how much he wanted it.

Then he ran into a group of intelligent Shifters. But rather than helping, they took advantage of his oblivious state and made him a slave. No, something less than a slave… He was no more than a lowly beast of burden. They ruthlessly exploited his regenerative power, and forced him to perform the most dangerous, painful, and even suicidal tasks. After all, there’s no fear of breaking him if he could not break, right? Not even food or water was needed for him to survive. Thus he endured, years upon years of unceasing labor, being used as little more than a machine, one that was never given rest…

But everything changed when he encountered something that even he could not survive against. When his masters sent him to excavate rare ore in the heart of an active volcano, exhaustion claimed him, and made him fall into a river of red-hot lava. It seemed that this was the end for him, and he prepared to finally accept death… but something suddenly erupted within him. Thoughts, memories, knowledge, and power. He burst from the volcano and returned to his former masters, using this newfound power to exact vengeance and sate his burning hatred and rage accumulated over the past few years, tearing them limb to limb and ripping them to shreds. But even after thoroughly obliterated each and every Shifter who wronged him, the wrath and bloodlust within him could not be quelled. So he returned to aimless wandering, but this time killing everything in sight. And nothing could stop him.

Some time later, he came across a city ruled by a black dragon that was only more powerful than it was arrogant and cruel. Enraged at this random creature that dared to rampage in its city, the dragon personally came to fight the man. The two tore at each other with all their might, decimating kilometers around. The battle ended with a mutual kill… but the man came back to life once again, his rage finally subdued. He looked at his surrounding destruction in horror, which increased tenfold as he recalled the mindless slaughter he had been revelling in mere moments ago. The terrified faces of the city’s inhabitants did not help. So he fled. His only consolation was that he was able to free the citizens from the tyrannical black dragon that ruled over them with an iron claw.

But within days, hordes of Beasts overran the city. Without the dragon to protect it, the city was destroyed more quickly than the man alone ever could. Believing it to be all his fault, the man sought to kill himself again, and looked for another volcano; any one would do. He found one, jumped into its heart, and forced himself to stay in there this time. But just as the intense heat ended him, it made him change his mind. As he was reborn again, he filled himself with a new purpose.

He returned to the world, this time seeking another oppressed city or town to liberate. And he found one in no time. With his great power, he managed to overwhelm and kill the mind flayer cabal that enslaved the town as cattle. However, very soon after he discovered, to his horror, that the town’s citizens were so used to their previously enslaved states, that they literally could not function without their masters. Even as he attempted to take over the mind flayers’ role as a more benevolent ruler, the townspeople were little better than before as they continued to be nigh-mindless servants with virtually no will of their own. For months he tried to use his own power to repair their minds, to no avail; they were simply damaged beyond repair. He blamed himself for his inability to save those people, and became increasingly disgusted with himself as he had no choice but to order the town’s people around like their previous mind flayer masters had done. As despair slowly consumed him, he came to the conclusion that the townspeople were beyond salvation, and it would be more merciful to simply end their pitiful existence. As he began his killing spree once again, hoping their deaths were quick and painless, a bitter hatred for both his own weakness and the mind flayers’ cruelty began to burn within the man.

The very next thing the man did was to blast his way into the Undersphere and seek out the nearest mind flayer settlement. As he did so, he began to kill as many mind flayers as he possibly could… but the sheer number of mind flayers in the community overwhelmed him as they joined their minds. When his mind cracked under their collective pressure, the mind flayers planted one of their larvae into him, with the intent of consuming his body to spawn another of their kind. While it appeared to succeed, what actually happened was that the larva had died but the man himself was reborn as a mind flayer. Welcomed into the mind flayer society in his new form, the man still retained a sliver of his original purpose; so he thought to secretly destroy the mind flayer society from within.

But the man’s mind was warped. As he spent more and more time consuming the brains of other creatures, bending the minds of others to his will, and treating them like cattle, he gradually became one of the monsters he once hated. At one point, he simply stopped caring. When he did lash out again with his immense power, it was simply for his own selfish gain, as he sought to subjugate the other mind flayers and create his own army of thralls. After returning to the surface world, he enslaved a Shifter city, and began to expand his power base.

But that was not to last. As his influence grew, the man attracted the attention of Magus Mechanicle, which proceeded to raze his city with an army of mages and machines. After the battle, he lay beneath the pile of rubble that was once his fortress, broken and dying, afflicted with a powerful curse that prevented him from regenerating. And he slowly remembered the noble ideals and goals he once had. Self-loathing and disgust once again consumed him. But as he died, he was reborn once again, this time as a human. He then decided to join Magus Mechanicle to rid the world of the vile monsters he hated, and to repent for the atrocities he committed.

At first, the man thought Magus Mechanicle was a benevolent organization intent on making the world a better place. But as he worked his way up the chain of power and command, he slowly began to realize his mistake. Not all Shifters and Beasts were as evil as the religion claimed. With each innocent life he ended in the name of Deus ex Machina, he died a little inside, and his self-hatred grew even more.

When he finally had enough, he embraced the polymorph spell. And discovered, at last, that he could transform into nearly any kind of creature in existence.

His next centuries were spent switching from one faction to another and back again. He tried to believe in and spread the word of the Church of Light, but quickly realized just how hopelessly naive they were when they were ruthlessly exploited or slaughtered by the rest of the world. He tried to become an agent of Utopia to promote coexistence and peace, but was backstabbed by his own most trusted lieutenant who turned out to be the mastermind behind the past few Utopian revolts. He tried to unite the dragons of the Draconian Accord into a force capable of changing the world, but learned that they cared far more about their own pride than the wellbeing of their planet. He tried to convince Nature’s Haven to leave their reclusive state and reach out with helping hands to the less fortunate, but simply became another pawn and then victim of the fae’s convoluted politics and power struggles. He sought to find a spark of goodness amid all the savagery and depravity that were the Hordes of Ruin, but found that those who did not look out for themselves and only themselves were quickly eaten or destroyed. When hoping to rely on others refused to work, he tried to do the job himself, creating an empire and instilling obedience and peace through fear, but was labelled a tyrant and brought down in a massive rebellion. When he attempted to create his own army of super-creatures to enforce peace in the world, his creations attacked and left him, to never return again. With each failure, each death, each rebirth, each transformation, his mind became more broken and irreparably fractured. And just as often, he would lose track of his original views, and become either a mindless instrument of destruction or a despicable monster just almost worse than those he tried to stop. Even when he wanted to simply run away from it all and live a quiet life having nothing to do with others’ struggles, the world’s ugliness always had ways of finding him. Each time his mind was broken and remade, a fragment of bitterness and rage remained, eventually becoming demented voices in his head that screamed for nothing but slaughter and destruction.

The man’s most recent previous incarnation was a demon lord. Thrown into the Undersphere after a particularly brutal defeat, then ravaged by demons, he forgot about everything he ever knew except the thought of self-preservation. He conquered swathes of the subterranean world, gathering enough terrified followers and playing them against one another so that no one dared to challenge him directly. That was, until one of his rivals suddenly and inexplicably gained a significant increase in power. When he was killed, of course he was reborn again…

…and his current incarnation now stands before me, a yellow presence in the swirling sea of colors, bound by spiked red chains that dug into his flesh. Around him the voices howled and screeched, vaguely face-shaped blots of red like the freshly spilled blood of a violent slaughter.

Our eyes meet. I try to telepathically say something, anything, but my metaphysical throat will not respond. All I can do is kneel on the mental image of a nonexistent ground, staring at him numbly, streaks of tears running down my eyes as the memories played in my mind over and over again, grinding my heart into smaller and smaller pieces.

Flag Post

Pale Fang

Damnit…Rose does not hearing me. I better get her to safety as well. I pick Rose up in my left right hand and hold Lavender’s hand with my left. Due to the increase in strength, picking up another body is easy. I get them both to a more distant location of cover. There is a pile of cinder blocks that I get them to. Setting Rose down gently, I speak to Lavender.

…Stay with me as I look after you and Rose. Vinyl went out to fight the big monster in my place…

Flag Post

Adrian
I knew it would happen as soon as it shrank farther and began to focus. It was attacking randomly, but now it had begun to target things. I knew it would shatter the ice shard thing.

Or, at least, that is what is thought as I was coming around the thing’s other side. It actually hasn’t, of course. It was just a worry.

It WAS just a worry. Nothing serious.

That is what I thought as I came around the second time. Of course, that was when I heard the shattering sound. That is when I saw the wizard haul the little fae girl from the scene. He left Rosalyn.

Dammit. I am always a sucker for damsels in distress. I don’t give myself a choice. I sprint back to Rosalyn and transform back into a human as fast as possible. Immediately I felt weird. That plasma Mage is going to die. Mark my words.

Pale fang gets there right before me. She pulls her to cover. Seeing going back into the fight as death, I follow them and say “Snap her out of it!” As soon as I see she is unconscious.