[Story] Fields of Honor

49 posts

Flag Post

Hello! You may be reading this post because you have came from my previous story, The Elemental Master (that wasn’t completed due to important issues). Well, I have decided to start a new story. Because there isn’t any thread for stories, I shall be posting it here, under the Forum Games section (as advised by qazzaq). Now, we shall dive into the storyline.

IMPORTANT NOTES
1. I might change the title, for now, it is temporary.
2. You may suggest characters, the template is as follows (copy and paste please)

NAME: Character’s name e.g. Justine
RACE: So far, you may only pick these races – Human, Voidling (basically a Void Beast, something like a demon), Elf, Cursed Ones (Cursed ones are what the humans call them, their real names are Damaryi, although this name has been long forgotten and is only remembered by the Cursed Ones and Voidlings.) You may also make the race a talking animal, or a shapeshifter.
ABILITIES/TRAITS: Your character’s special traits or abilities. For example:
SINGING - Since young, Justine had a natural singing voice.
FIGHTING - Although she is not skilled in hand-to-hand combat, her agility makes her a versatile opponent as she can dodge attacks.
And so on.
Abilities are, basically, spells, etc.

FLASH STEP - Using her magic, Justine is able to bend space and time to move short distances, usually 10-20 meters.
CHARM - By blowing a kiss to males and using some magic, Justine is able to sway enemy males into carelessly walking to her. (Lol, joke)

So, suggest characters, leave beautiful comments and read everyday :D. Chapters will be released in a rate of about 1-2 chapters per day.

Ciao. Story begins in the next post…

Flag Post

CHAPTER 1 – BEGINNINGS

A young man sat on top of a rock on a mountain with a perfect view of a small town.
Sadness could be seen in his gaze as he looked meekly at the townsfolk performing their everyday duties, children playing together, people watering their fields and townsfolk communicating with each other. Since young, he had never had this treatment before. His people casted him away from society as he had a hidden potential. He had immense skill and ability at controlling Shadow Magic, a magic that was banned 13 years ago. After it was banned, his friends, even his family, drove him out of his hometown, the very town that he is staring at.
His name was Garen.
For the past 10 years, he had spent his life gathering food, training his Shadow Magic, watching the town that betrayed him, and taking care of some injured wolves he found while he was exiled. The townsfolk referred to him as ‘Exiled Murderer’, as he had already killed while he was a child. Trying to let his past fade away, he stood up, went back to his hut, a shabby looking leaf-roofed circular building, made out of twigs and driftwood from the coast near the town. He grabbed his blade, a 90 centimeter-long blade that seemed to be broken and incomplete. He hoisted it at his waist, grabbed a small leather bag, and set out to hunt for food, in the lush forest surrounding the bottom of the mountain.
It was 9 a.m. in the morning. Dew glistened on the lush leaves of the forest as he followed his usual hunting path by following scratch marks he had left on stones and trees. He made his way to an unusually large pool of clean, stagnant water that served as his means of clean water and a drinking ground for many animals. Using the deer’s shadow, he grabbed it by the neck and pulled it back towards him, while he drew his sword.
“…sorry.” He muttered, before swinging his sword onto the helpless deer.
“Hey! Wait!” A loud, high pitched voice shouted.
Garen spun around. “Who’s there?” he shouted back.
“Geez, you were about to kill my deer.” A girl jumped out from the bush behind him, carrying a rifle slung over her back. She wore a feather cap and had a purple leather tunic, topped off with a purple skirt.
“Your deer? And what makes you think it is yours?” Garen replied rudely.
“Well, the fact that I saw it first,” the girl said, before shooting the deer skillfully in the neck.
“W-what? Hey! That was my breakfast!” Garen shouted.
“Like I said, the deer was mine. And how did you use that weird technique?” the girl asked.
“Oh, uh, that’s… umm, the ability of my sword. Yes, that’s right.” Garen said.
“A dreadknight?” The girl pointed her rifle at Garen. “Well, looks like more bounty for me. Oh yes, before you die, I shall tell you my name, it’s Kaitlyn.” Kaitlyn pulled the trigger of her gun, and the sound of thunder was heard.
With a flick of his wrist, Garen commanded the shadows behind him to form a barrier around him, blocking Kaitlyn’s bullet. “Look, what do you mean a dreadknight?” Garen asked.
“No time to talk. Die.”
Kaitlyn jumped into the air and a magical circle appeared behind her back. A flash of light temporarily stunned Garen, causing him to look away from the light. When he looked back, Kaitlyn had grown wings. She opened fire at Garen, and aimed for his blind spots, spots that could not be protected by shadows. She was skilled at fighting people with power similar to Garen’s.
Knowing that he could not protect himself with the shadows anymore, Garen blocked the first two shots to his shin with his blade, and dodged the other aimed at his neck by jumping away.
“Tch. You’re good.” Kaitlyn remarked.
“There’s still more to come…” Garen said.

Flag Post

/thread

Flag Post

Kinda looks like an rpg styled story. =P

Flag Post

Just wait until the story develops. Then it will start shining more brightly :D

Flag Post

Will we get choices? I like it when it seems like the readers move the story

Flag Post

it a good start

Flag Post
Originally posted by sorfimmer:

Will we get choices? I like it when it seems like the readers move the story

Of course you will!

Originally posted by firemaster13579:

it a good start

Thank you :D

Next chapter / part of the chapter will be coming soon.

Flag Post

“What, Dreadknight? Are you finally going to pull out that mask thingy?” Kaitlyn asked.
“Huh? Mask?” Garen asked back.
“…aren’t you a dreadknight? You should know what it is…”
“Actually, I’m not a dreadknight, and no, I have no idea what that so called ‘mask thingy’ is.”
Kaitlyn remained silent, before putting her palm on her forehead.
“God, I’m sorry about that. You see, I’m a bounty hunter, and I hunt Dreadknights mainly because they give me so much money. Nice to meet you, and what is your name?”
“Garen. Nice to meet you too. Well, I guess I can forgive you since you didn’t really injure me.”
“Umm, anyway… how did you use that Shadow Magic? I heard only Dreadknights or prodigies can use it.”
“Well, I was born with that ability, and because of it, I got exiled.”
“Exiled? Why? In my country, Noxa, people that use Shadow Magic are praised and become royal guards of the king. You should come to Noxa.”
“Umm…
DECISION TIME! <- lol copy of God Wars
What should Garen do:
A) Collect your things and go with her; nothing could possibly go wrong.
B) Ask her why she suddenly got so friendly.
C) Reject her, you have a nice cosy life in your lil’ hut. (WILL RESULT IN THE STORY ENDING D:<)
D) You suggest!

Flag Post

A.

Flag Post

C

Flag Post
Originally posted by therealsirmark4:

C

Flag Post

C…yeah, let’s make the better-than-the-first story end now. TEH ANSHER IS A!
Also, character suggestion. You might remember him. You know, he made Brandon…retarded.
NAME: Drakan
RACE: Elf
ABILITIES/TRAITS:
AGILITY He is remarkably agile, even for elf. Wearing armor doesn’t slow him down at all—especially since he has his own, custom-made leather/chainmail set.
FIGHTING Extremely skilled in hand-to-hand, with a sword, and with a bow. He can also use magic quite proficiently. A skilled tactician.
INSTANT TRANSMISSION <-lol I copied DBZ He can teleport to any person he so wishes, if he knows them.
WARP GATE He can leave or find crystals of 99.99% pure sapphire and then create a gateway that allows teleportation to that crystal.
APPEARANCE: (Felt I’d add it.) One thing that can describe him is absolutely regal. His skin is almost sticking to the bone, but rather than make him look weak, he looks pretty bawss. He is almost always seen wearing his signature extremely dark purple cloak. He can bend shadows, but isn’t a Dreadknight (or anything of the sort.)

Flag Post

I don’t want this to continue, so I chose C. :|

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

I don’t want this to continue, so I chose C. :|

… You don’t have to read it if you don’t want to. His house burned down, and he writes to relieve stress. I’d rather read a good story and have him be at least a little happier than have no story and no stress reliever. ._.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I would reccomend taking the story back to elements and making it more elements related.

Flag Post

Can i ask, why is this related to the League of Legends lore? Also if you want to copy the League of Legends please at least use correct names, its Caitlyn not Kaitlyn :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by CYrusmaster:

Can i ask, why is this related to the League of Legends lore? Also if you want to copy the League of Legends please at least use correct names, its Caitlyn not Kaitlyn :(

What’s League of Legends?
Also, I did not intend to copy any names, if that’s what you are thinking.

EDIT League of Legends, huh.
It seems that I have made the name of my story related to it along with my character’s names. Well, that was a complete coincidence. ._.

… You don’t have to read it if you don’t want to. His house burned down, and he writes to relieve stress. I’d rather read a good story and have him be at least a little happier than have no story and no stress reliever. ._.

IDGAF about his his life, I just don’t want this to continue.

No offense, but really though. If he just wants to write a story, he can do it in a notepad or something.

Hmm, lets say I wanted others to read my story?
If you don’t like it, you can choose not to read, instead of being an ass over the internet.
[/quote If you want to be an ass, you can do it in a bar or something and get beat the crap out of.]
Good day sir. GTFO of this thread.

Originally posted by Frost1076:

I would reccomend taking the story back to elements and making it more elements related.

That’s what I had intended to do. In the Forum Games thread.

Flag Post

There are plenty of other sites which are made for this exact purpose.

If you don’t like it, you can choose not to read, instead of being an ass over the internet.

I don’t choose that.

Good day, but I won’t.

Meh, maybe it would be more suited to offtopic.

Flag Post

Heres a picture of dreadknight Garen.

Here is a picture of classic Garen.

Here is a picture of Caitlyn.

*Just saying, that you manage to copy that quite well, also the lore parts.

Flag Post

There are plenty of other sites which are made for this exact purpose.

I don’t choose that.

Good day, but I won’t.

Meh, maybe it would be more suited to offtopic.

The thing is, it’s not on offtopic, it’s on forum games. Bro needs to shut up.
Shit just got real.

Flag Post

Choose A

NAME: Mosyle Vargoneth
RACE: Human
ABILITIES/TRAITS:

Heartless
Mosyle feels no empathy or compassion for others. He simply can’t. He’s a classic, type A cold killer and would feel no guilt killing his own Mother if it suited his needs.

Mage of the Black Robe
Mosyle uses black magic to bend things around him, altering reality as people see it. What this means is that he can raise his own undead minions, mess with people’s minds and create physical realities out of pure black (Such as a spike through someone). This doesn’t mean he’s all-powerful though, as doing the above things exhausts his energy (Or mana or whatever).

Genius
Mosyle has an IQ of 176, and uses it often.

Just a scratch
When wounded, Mosyle can use black magic to heal it.
This includes limbs being cut off, given enough time. Basically any physical injury that doesn’t kill Mosyle can be healed in time.

Weak
Physically, Mosyle is weak. He’s slow and doesn’t stand much of a chance in a physical fight. He relies purely on his magic and minions.

Appearance
Mosyle wears a full-body black robe, lined with red, that covers everything, including almost all his physical features. In the centre of his torso there is a square of true black, so deep that it’s almost an abyss, a black so dark it couldn’t have been made naturally.

Flag Post

CYrusmaster, oh god.
The thing is, now I didn’t just copy it (I had no intention to), it’s that I was actually basing the characters off another game…

Next chapter is coming soon.

Originally posted by Firespread:

Choose A

NAME: Mosyle Vargoneth
RACE: Human
ABILITIES/TRAITS:

Heartless
Mosyle feels no empathy or compassion for others. He simply can’t. He’s a classic, type A cold killer and would feel no guilt killing his own Mother if it suited his needs.

Mage of the Black Robe
Mosyle uses black magic to bend things around him, altering reality as people see it. What this means is that he can raise his own undead minions, mess with people’s minds and create physical realities out of pure black (Such as a spike through someone). This doesn’t mean he’s all-powerful though, as doing the above things exhausts his energy (Or mana or whatever).

Weak
Physically, Mosyle is weak. He’s slow and doesn’t stand much of a chance in a physical fight. He relies purely on his magic and minions.

Appearance
Mosyle wears a full-body black robe, lined with red, that covers everything, including almost all his physical features. In the centre of his torso there is a square of true black, so deep that it’s almost an abyss, a black so dark it couldn’t have been made naturally.

This would make a good villain, although, he won’t be coming out much until later in the story.

Originally posted by LordDrakan:

Also, character suggestion. You might remember him. You know, he made Brandon…retarded.
NAME: Drakan
RACE: Elf
ABILITIES/TRAITS:
AGILITY He is remarkably agile, even for elf. Wearing armor doesn’t slow him down at all—especially since he has his own, custom-made leather/chainmail set.
FIGHTING Extremely skilled in hand-to-hand, with a sword, and with a bow. He can also use magic quite proficiently. A skilled tactician.
INSTANT TRANSMISSION <-lol I copied DBZ He can teleport to any person he so wishes, if he knows them.
WARP GATE He can leave or find crystals of 99.99% pure sapphire and then create a gateway that allows teleportation to that crystal.
APPEARANCE: (Felt I’d add it.) One thing that can describe him is absolutely regal. His skin is almost sticking to the bone, but rather than make him look weak, he looks pretty bawss. He is almost always seen wearing his signature extremely dark purple cloak. He can bend shadows, but isn’t a Dreadknight (or anything of the sort.)

NIO!!!! Another Elf character. D:.
Well, after seeing the abilities and traits, I take it he’s some sort of jewel miner that is a mage? Maybe I should make the minimum amount of abilities 5. That’s right. Guys, edit your posts (that includes you Firespread).

Flag Post

3 votes for A, 1 vote for C (Because I don’t count votes from jackasses.)

“Yeah, I’ll go with you. Why not? It’s no fun being an exile.” Garen said.

It would have been 13 years since he had visited a city, no, even a town. He was happy and delighted that he wasn’t an outcast from society, but simply mistaken. He smiled as he rushed back to his hut to pack his things.

He grabbed a large sack made out of boar skin and shoved all his clothing into it. He slung his sword over his back and grabbed some fruits, as he would want something to eat as he walked to… wait a second, where is he going?

“Uh, Kaitlyn, may I ask, which city are we going to?” Garen asked.
“Oh, we’re actually going to the trade city in the far North, Jüphen.”
“What kind of name is that for a city?”
“Hey, it was named after a great Elf king. If you have a problem with that name, I’d suggest you go talk to the elves.”
“Oh. Right… So, how long is the journey gonna take?”
“Not too long. About 4 days.”
Garen’s jaw dropped. 4 days?! He had never traveled that long before in his life.
“Wait wait wait wait wait, do we have food for 4 days?” Garen asked.
“We don’t.”
“Oh….. no. Does that mean we’ll have to hunt on our way to uh… Jüphen?”
“Unfortunately, yes.”
“Should I bring my wolf along?”
“Your wolf? Yeah yeah yeah, sure. WAIT, A WOLF?”
“Yeah.”
WHY WOULD ONE KEEP A WOLF AS A PET?”
“Maybe because they get lonely because they’re exiled?”
“Right… Just bring your wolf. Can he hunt?”
“Hey, it’s a she. And yes, she can hunt.”
“Whatever.”

Kaitlyn apparently was carrying nothing, except her rifle and her dual pistols, that seemed high-tech and advanced to Garen, who was still using a sword and ancient Magics to fight. Garen marvelled at what beautiful swords the trade city would have.
“Hey, you coming?” Kaitlyn asked, about 3 meters in front of Garen.
“Yeah, I’m coming!”

The first stretch of their path to Jüphen was rough. They had to trek through a jungle that was filled with wet, moist soil that made Kaitlyn’s elegant shoes all dirty. She was like a stereotypical girl, scared of dirty things and Garen started to give her a piggyback at one moment because she was scared of her shoes being any more dirty. Garen just laughed at Kaitlyn.
Dusk came, and they were still in the middle of the forest. Garen, as he had been living all alone in his entire lifetime, knew how to survive with just a naked body. He ordered his wolf to gather food by hunting animals while he gathered leaves, twigs, and wood to build a temporary shelter. Kaitlyn, still whining about the dirty state of her shoes, just stood there while she waited for Garen to build the shelter. On a tree root because she didn’t want to touch the mud.
After about 2 hours, the shelter was complete. It was enough to fit in Garen, Kaitlyn, and the wolf. The wolf had brought back a bird, which then had it’s feathers removed by Garen, and cooked by Kaitlyn, who decided that she was not doing enough.

Garen’s eye twitched as he observed the state of his supper.