[Challenge 9 - Immolation] Second Guess page 11

581 posts

Flag Post

16 HOURS LEFT!

PMing all players who have not contacted me yet and are required as their role.

 
Flag Post

11 HOURS…the end dawns.

 
Flag Post

Round ended 8 HOURS ago. Posting results in a bit.

 
Flag Post

[Challenge] Starstruck Results

Role PMS/Correct Co-ordinates

STARGAZER, INFILTRATOR, OBSERVER, BLACK DEATHSTAR, GOLD DEATHSTAR

5x STARGAZER

You are a STARGAZER.

You know 2 star co-ordinates. [4,8] and [2,1].
Your goal is to send me a list of every co-ordinate for the stars.
For every co-ordinate you get correct, you gain 6 points.
There are 2 co-ordinates which are traps and will reduce your score by 15.

2x INFILTRATOR

You are an INFILTRATOR.

You must work out what the co-ordinates of the stars are.
Your goal is to send me a list of every co-ordinate for the stars.
For every co-ordinate you get correct, you gain 6 points.

8x OBSERVER

You are an OBSERVER.

You must discover who the 7 other observers in the game.
Your goal is to send me a list of every observer in the game.
For every name you get right, you gain 7.5 points [rounded down when final total is made].
If you send me a Deathstar’s name in your final list, you will lose 15 points.

1x BLACK DEATHSTAR

You are a BLACK DEATHSTAR.

Your goal is to get on the Observer’s list.
Their list is composed of the 8 observers in the game.
If an observer names you, you gain 7.5 points [rounded down when final total is made].

1x GOLD DEATHSTAR

You are a GOLD DEATHSTAR.

Your goal is to mislead the stargazers into sending me the co-ordinates [5,7] and [3,9]
For every Stargazer that sends both those co-ordinates in their final list, you gain 13 points.


CORRECT CO-ORDINATES
[5,6] [2,7] [6,1] [3,4] [7,8] [9,9] [10,3] [0,0] [4,8] [2, 1]


Roles

ROLES
Devourer359 – Observer
Pulsaris – Observer
Racefan12 – Observer
Jaskaran2000 – Observer
SilverEvil – Observer
GottaAskTheMan – Observer
helltank – Observer
Bluji – Observer
bananas34 – Stargazer
ocelot – Stargazer
S_98 – Stargazer
JaumeBG – Stargazer
djrockstar – Stargazer
therealsirmark4 – Infiltrator
REALinsanemonkey – Infiltrator
Woon1957 – Black Deathstar
AdeebNafees – Gold Deathstar

 
Flag Post

So the scores given to each player were…

[OBSERVER – 22] Jaskaran2000 – GottaAskTheMan, Bluji, Pulsaris
[OBSERVER – 45] Devourer359 – Pulsaris, Racefan12, Jaskaran2000, SilverEvil, GottaAskTheMan, Bluji
[OBSERVER – 30] Racefan12 – Bluji, Jaskaran2000, helltank, GottaAskTheMan
[STARGAZER – 3] JaumeBG – [10,3] [0,0] [7,8] [5,7 CURSED]
[INFILTRATOR – 0] therealsirmark4 -
[OBSERVER – 30] helltank – Jaskaran2000, Bluji, GottaAskTheMan, Devourer359
[OBSERVER – 45] GottaAskTheMan – Jaskaran2000, Bluji, SilverEvil, helltank, devourer359, Pulsaris
[STARGAZER – 12] djrockstar – [4,8] [2,1]
[OBSERVER – 22] Pulsaris – Devourer359, Racefan12, SilverEvil
[OBSERVER – 22] Bluji – Devourer359, Jaskaran2000, GottaAskTheMan
[STARGAZER – 12] ocelot – [6,1] [3,4]

Anyways, got to go now, will post leaderboards later. Not sure how the Observers did so much better. Strategies? Also, I had some interesting insight from a couple of people giving me their strategies…can’t say what they were unless they said it themselves, obviously.

 
Flag Post

Well, some of the observers posted in-thread; and then for the rest, I just put names of people who didn’t claim anything.

 
Flag Post

Next challenge?

 
Flag Post

So is there a reason why everyone’s score wasn’t posted?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

So is there a reason why everyone’s score wasn’t posted?

They didn’t PM me? Also, next challenge in a few hours.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Well, some of the observers posted in-thread; and then for the rest, I just put names of people who didn’t claim anything.

What I did. I got pretty lucky.

 
Flag Post

GAH.
THE DUMB INFILTRATOR FORGOT TO SUBMIT.

 
Flag Post

145 points! Awesome.

 
Flag Post

This is a great game so far. There’s a variety of games and an effective points system. Good work, DragonArcher. (Even though I’m losing.)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

This is a great game so far. There’s a variety of games and an effective points system. Good work, DragonArcher. (Even though I’m losing.)

I AM LOSING MORE. D:<

 
Flag Post

How many points did you get the last round (challenge 2)? I got 3, which added to my previous 50 is 53. If you got 0 (which is what I’m assuming you got since you don’t appear on this post, then you still have 75 points.

 
Flag Post

I knew ’deeb was a deathstar..

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

How many points did you get the last round (challenge 2)? I got 3, which added to my previous 50 is 53. If you got 0 (which is what I’m assuming you got since you don’t appear on this post, then you still have 75 points.

:D

 
Flag Post

Knew it was useless trying to do anything this round (save hypnotism, and I have lost my pendulum), because no Stargazer, unless he was the biggest damn daredevil in the world, would send in any co-ordinate other than the ones he KNEW to be correct, namely the ones in his PM.

No idea why Wooneh didn’t utilize her role, though. The Black Deathstar had a helluva easier point condition than the Gold Deathstar. Dibs on that next time :p

Anyway, I still have my original 100 points thanks to my consistent laziness.

 
Flag Post

So, for anybody interested in the trap I laid for the deathstars, turns out I didn’t need to worry about the other.

I replaced a period with a comma, everyone who posted pictures on the thread which were legit, I told them to do the same via PM. Nobody had informed Woon of the plan, yet she still had a comma in her PM instead of a period. Considering DAZ sent the same PM to every observer, she surely was lying. There would be no benefit in her lying if she was any other role than a deathstar. Thus, we had found out one deathstar at that point. And woon wouldn’t pull off anything like that if she WASN’T a deathstar. So, yeah. There you have it. Too unfortunate nobody except two observers posted on the thread.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

So, for anybody interested in the trap I laid for the deathstars, turns out I didn’t need to worry about the other.

I replaced a period with a comma, everyone who posted pictures on the thread which were legit, I told them to do the same via PM. Nobody had informed Woon of the plan, yet she still had a comma in her PM instead of a period. Considering DAZ sent the same PM to every observer, she surely was lying. There would be no benefit in her lying if she was any other role than a deathstar. Thus, we had found out one deathstar at that point. And woon wouldn’t pull off anything like that if she WASN’T a deathstar. So, yeah. There you have it. Too unfortunate nobody except two observers posted on the thread.

But I was lucky with guessing observers. :)

 
Flag Post

Yep, Jask told me that. The only other person that had a comma/period switch was Bluji, but Jask PM’d Bluji that.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Yep, Jask told me that. The only other person that had a comma/period switch was Bluji, but Jask PM’d Bluji that.

And Gotta.

 
Flag Post

This is bullshit. For an observer, what they need to do is just roll an RNG on everyone who does not roleclaim, which sucks.

 
Flag Post

Or, you know, you could have tried to obtain information in other ways…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

So, for anybody interested in the trap I laid for the deathstars, turns out I didn’t need to worry about the other.

I replaced a period with a comma, everyone who posted pictures on the thread which were legit, I told them to do the same via PM. Nobody had informed Woon of the plan, yet she still had a comma in her PM instead of a period. Considering DAZ sent the same PM to every observer, she surely was lying. There would be no benefit in her lying if she was any other role than a deathstar. Thus, we had found out one deathstar at that point. And woon wouldn’t pull off anything like that if she WASN’T a deathstar. So, yeah. There you have it. Too unfortunate nobody except two observers posted on the thread.

Credits for this plan go partially to me. We did this trick back in PL:PSR, in the first round. Of course, I never needed to use it except with SSam.

On another note:

Not sure how the Observers did so much better.

Because the Deathstars were themselves quite weak, and the Observers had no reason not to send in names after Wooneh claimed. TBH, I could have falseclaimed Observer anyway, probably without risking detection, but I didn’t bother trying to sink boats that I couldn’t get up on anyway. As for posting my own fake co-ordinates… I’d have to apply some brand of Mind Magic. Or breach of trust. Whatever.

My strategy in this round was to lie around and scratch my tummy. And claim Stargazer now and then in the hopes that some unlucky sod would beg me to give him 12 more points that he didn’t deserve. Was fun.