Sky Raid 2.0 (End Game) (locked)

903 posts

Flag Post

Welcome to the 2nd (Well, 4723rd) Sky Raid Tournament.

In this, you are facing against various enemies with various abilities.
You can craft, explore, build up, and team up. The only limit of this game is imagination.

You take turns specifying an action to do. The actions are roll between and including 1 to 100 to see how well you proformed. I will be the only one updating the rolls. Low rolls tend to denote failure, while high rolls tend to denote excellent work.

After your first introduction turn you can do whatever you want. You can build up a village, launch a rocket at various critters, or just craft useless things to sell to the shop for profit.

You will usually only get one action per turn, but this can be affected by buffs/debuffs that happen. Individual allies can also get a turn, or a group of them if you have enough. You can command 4 individuals per turn, two groups, or 1 group and 2 individuals.

There are diffrent groups for allies. Military (Soldiers/Guards/Ect.), Industrial (Blacksmiths/Crafters/Ect.), Gatherers (Lumberjacks/Miners/Ect.) and Miscellaneous (Wagon Drivers/Farmers/Ect.). The max people per unit is as follows; 10, 15, 15, 20.

You can have up to 5 people in a group with the same skill. The bonus for each group member added will be smaller than the previous one. Such as if you had a crafter with +10 roll bonus for crafting, you can put several in a group. A group of 2 will have a 15 bonus, 3 will have a 18, four will have a 19, and 5 will have a 20. The damage taken from failure will be divided amoung the men in the group.

Items no longer need to be equalized, but if they are not equalized, you can only do so such with them.

Flag Post

There will be difficulty rolls among regular rolls, such as it you want to climb a vetical cliff.

You can use magic, such as leviate over the cliff, but using magic will cost magic points. Those points can be regened over time.

The other attribrute is, of course, health. You will have to heal your wounds to regain health.

Gathering resources is good. Having plenty of material helps you craft, upgrade and build. Trying to build a city with no materials will take time and make a poor city, but if you have plenty of stonemasons and lumberjacks at ready, they will help build the city and gather resources. With more hands, and better materials, the cities will be outstanding. It also helps to build a city from a town, rather than from scratch.

There are multiple floating islands, all with their own unique qualities. The first island is Grass Lands, but you will have to discover more. The islands are also split up into smaller sections.

You CAN search for stuff and I will add it to the island if it goes well. If you went to find a lake in the North Grass Lands, and you succeed, I will add a lake to it.

Salvaging will also be introduced. Based on a roll, it will determine what you can find on dead animals. You can salvage creatures you hunted/killed/found.

Each person has their own individual inventory to store items, but the inventory is not always safe.

Flag Post

Now to get down to basics on equipment. You will have an inventory all to yourself, but it is not always safe. Thiefs may come and steal it, or items might break. You can strengthen items by either enchanting, enhancing or upgrading the item.

Enchanting is upgrading/enhancing something with magic. If well done, it might have some elemental damage. If done unwell… it could possibly melt the item. This method costs mana.

Enhancing is the method to increase physical effects. It could sharpen a blade for more damage, or enhance armor to protect against swords. Bad enhancing could dull, dent or otherwise ruin the ability you are upgrading. It helps to be by a forge.

Upgrading is adding new feature to current items. Adding a spike to a shield could increase damage when in combat, or adding a bigger hilt on a sword can provide more defence. Low rolls can destroy the items. Helps to be by a forge.

Everyone also gets a status screen. It will be displayed here on the first page. Items bolded in the inventory screen denote that you wear it. The (~~~) after the object tells the effect of the item when worn.

[UserName] Character Name (HP/Max HP) (MP/Max MP) [Location]
Headgear: (1 Equip)
Shoulders/Pauldrons: (2 Equips, one left, one right, [one of each made in a set])
Cloak/Cape: (1 Equip)
Necklace: (1 Equip)
Coat: (1 Equp)
Chest Plate: (1 Equip)
Shirt: (1 Equip)
Wrist Bands: (2 Equip)
Glove/Mitts: (2 Equips, one left, one right [one of each made in a set])
Rings: (4 Equips)
Belts: (2 Equips)
Platelegs: (1 Equip)
Pants: (1 Equip)
Boots/Shoes: (2 Equips, one left, one right [one of each made in a set])

Misc. Accessories: (2 Equips)

Main Hand: (1 Equip, can be two-handed {Sword, Bow, Cane, Zweihander})
Off Hand: (1 Equip, must have one-handed or no item in Main Hand {Shield})

Inventory: {Rocks, Dirt, Arrows, Ect.}

Down here are skills. Everyone will begin with one skill best attributed to the intro they gave me, but you will have to find treasure chests with books in them to learn more skills. Do not ask for a skill, as it will likely be nerfed. Treasure chests can fe found all around, and you may actually trip over one when running form area to area. They contain stuff based on the roll when opening it. Good rolls will have a weapon or two, a few books based on your character up to that point, and bad rolls will give you rocks, dirt, and sticks.

Treasure Chests can also be locked. You can bust it open or pick lock it (If you have pick locks). Rolling low with strength will destroy the chest and ruin everything in it. Rolling low with a picklock with break the picklock.

There will be a shop later in the game to buy items, and maybe a few preset villages to steal money/items from or do deads for in exchange for cash.

And down some more are allies, they will go like this:
> Name (HP/MHP) (MP/MMP) [Location] Skills (Skill Detail)

Flag Post

Abbrevations:
This is short now, but as we get into game, I will add to it.

HP: Health Points
MHP: Max Health Points
MP: Magic Points
MMP: Max Magic Points
NM: No Magic
MC: Magic Consumption
HD: Health Damage
MD: Magic Damage
PR: Physical Reduction
MR: Magical Reduction
2H: 2 Handed
LR: Long Range
UA: Unlimited Attacks
MA: Max Attacks
DDAA: Damage Divided Amoung Attacks
SI: Set Item (Must be wear complete set to gain bonuses)
NRN: No roll needed
MCR: Magic Consumption Roll {More powerful attacks require more rolls}
DR: Damage Roll {Normal rolls, basically. Displayed during magic rolls to see diffrence.}
NGL: Northern Grass Lands
SEGL: South-Eastern Grass Lands
SWGL: South-Western Grass Lands
OL: Ocean Land
#OLI: Ocean Land Island
VL: Village Land {Now Town Land}
TL: Town Land
NFL: Northern Forest Land
#NFLV: Northern Forest Land Village
EFL: Eastern Forest Land
SFL: Southern Forest Land
WFL: Western Forest Land
FTL: Floating Town Land
TTI: Tall Tower Island
#TTIT: Tall Tower Island Tower
##TTITW: Tall Tower Island Tower Window {Requires no move to go through}
###{MHHI}: Medium High Hieght Islands
###{LHI}: Lower High Islands
###{LLLLLLL}: Lesser Lower Lands that Linger in Lazyness above the Land Land
##TTTIT: Top of Tall Tower Island Tower
A: Airship
AA: Agile Airship
SS: Sky Serpent
RP: Raknorux’s Palace
#RPI: Raknorux’s Palace Inside
ZFL: Zaynarr Fortress Land
#Shop: Shop

Flag Post

And now, The Game.

Flag Post

Status Screen
Game has ended.

Flag Post

I, Tireris II, enter the arena with a bow slung over my shoulder and a quiver full of arrows.

Flag Post

Popping out from behind Tireris II, I am Ketty. (Much more original name. =D) I strap on my claws (Yet again, they are not real claws, but weapons strapped to the back of the hand) {They were my mothers} and await the first wave.

Flag Post

Wercooler enters the arena with his trusty long sword.

Flag Post

[The Prophecy]

the sun turns black,

the sky turns red,

chants of darkness,

his name is spoken,

he rises from the depths,

he will work to claim the islands of the sky.

[Introduction]

As the moon and the sun moves close together they make an eclipse and the sun turns black

When the eclipse is at its peak, the sky turns red

And at this time, there are chants of darkness coming from the distance

at the location of the chants there are cultists performing a ritual, the leader yells out the name “Zaynarr”, as the leader yells this the other cultists yell, “His name is spoken”

as the ritual comes to its completion, the ground begins to shake and split, as this happens the cult leader yells “He rises from the depths”

And as the cult leader yells this, the cultists yell “He will work to claim the islands of the sky”

And as the prophecy has come to pass, Zaynarr has returned…

Flag Post

Hamuka falls from the sky, shooting a storm of arrows before landing.

Did I miss anything important?

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Did I miss anything important?

No you did not, everyone else is just being introduced.

Flag Post

(Same map as above)
==
[RokRokRok] Tireris
I, Tireris II, enter the arena with a bow slung over my shoulder and a quiver full of arrows. (Intro)
You enter the arena at North Grass Lands (NGL)

[FelineForumer] Ketty
Popping out from behind Tireris II, I… await the first wave. (Intro)
You have trusty claws to mow down opponents.

[wercooler] Wercooler
Wercooler enters the arena with his trusty long sword.¨(Intro)
You start with a longsword and a strength bonus.

[wercooler] Hamuka
Hamuka falls from the sky, shooting a storm of arrows before landing.¨(Intro)
You wall to the earth with a storm of arrows. You start with a bonus bow.

[arkenarken] Zaynarr
As the moon and the sun moves close …Zaynarr has returned (Intro)
You are alive. You subjects… are not. They gave their own blood for your revival. (Just so you know, crafting complicated items will be harder. They will have a difficulty roll if very complicated.)
==
Enemies
Bird 1 (500/500) (NM) [NGL]
Bird 2 (500/500) (NM) [NGL]
Bird 3 (500/500) (NM) [NGL]
==
Bird 1
Appear

Bird 2
Appear

Bird 3
Appear
==

Flag Post

I updated the status screen, everyone begins with an ability based on the intro/what they did during Sky Raid.
Everyone also begins with a basic shirt, pants, and boots given to all contestants.

~~~

I decide to make some stealth gloves.

+3 when doing stealth action.

Flag Post

I shoot 5 arrows towards the birds with deadly precision.

Flag Post

I generate a Magical Pulse of Fire, doing damage to anything nearby, including the birds and the terrain (Hoping to set fire to the grassland… again)

Also is this the same grassland that was in the last sky raid?

If so is that tree thats on the map the one that FelineForumer planted on the last sky raid?

Flag Post
Originally posted by arkenarken:

If so is that tree thats on the map the one that FelineForumer planted on the last sky raid?

Nah, each year they change the whole landscape of the lands. Right now, this is roughly three times the size of the old grassland, thus split into three parts. Also this is set years in the future. There is no chance it is the same tree.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RokRokRok:
Originally posted by arkenarken:

Nah, each year they change the whole landscape of the lands. Right now, this is roughly three times the size of the old grassland, thus split into three parts. Also this is set years in the future. There is no chance it is the same tree.

Trees can live a very long time you know.

Flag Post

But this is a diffrent tree. It is not the same tree. Shhhh ;D

Flag Post
Originally posted by RokRokRok:

But this is a diffrent tree. It is not the same tree. Shhhh ;D

Magic tree survived. =D
That’s the power of family!

I decide to go hunting for wild animals.

Flag Post

I am zombie01 The First, from the Sapling of the Cave, and I rise from below the tree.

Flag Post

(Same map as above)
==
[RokRokRok] Tireris
I decide to make some stealth gloves. (55)
You make some basic stealth gloves, they feel light and flexible.

[FelineForumer] Ketty
Popping out from behind Tireris II, I… await the first wave. (34) +3 (37)
You find a few mice and decide to kill them. You now have three dead mice.

[hamuka] Hamuka
I shoot 5 arrows towards the birds with deadly precision.¨(99)
…I am speachless… Your first roll was almost perfect. Well, now to find out where five arrows went. 1-33 is bird 1, 34-66 is bird 2, 67 – 99 is bird 3, 100 is a miss.

(8) Bird 1 is dealt 750 {Damage split} 150 damage.
(1) Bird 1 is dealt another 150 damage
(67) Bird 3 is dealt 150 damage
(92) Bird 3 is shot yet again for 150 damage.
(36) Bird 2 is dealt 150 damage.

[arkenarken] Zaynarr
I generate a Magical Pulse of Fire, doing damage to anything nearby, including the birds and the terrain
MCRx2 {Since it is not entirely, but abit of a dangerous spell} (3 + 27) (30) ~ DR (8)
It is not the best spell you casted. You may not be used to this land after so long in the demon world, but the spell blows up in your face. It deals 100 50 Damage.

[kilozombie] zombie01 The First
I am zombie01 The First, from the Sapling of the Cave, and I rise from below the tree. (Intro)
Welcome to the battle. You have awoken in the middle of the 4723rd Sky Raid Tournament.
==
Enemies
Bird 1 (200/500) (NM) [NGL]
Bird 2 (350/500) (NM) [NGL]
Bird 3 (200/500) (NM) [NGL]
==
Bird 1
Slash at Tireris (45)
You slash your talons across his face for 100 damage.

Bird 2
Peck at Zaynarr (36)
You manage to peck him in th eye, but no more, dealing 75 damage.

Bird 3
Stab at Wercooler (86)
You stab him in the arm with yor razor sharp beak from 300 damage.
==

Flag Post

Again, I attempt to generate a magic pulse of fire

Flag Post

Keep my long sword as a 2H weapon and slash at bird three.

Flag Post

Search for a nearby land with a village.