[Sign-Ups Open] Risk: America! II

128 posts

Flag Post

Reserved For Lock (R4L)

Flag Post

Welcome to Risk: America! II

About

Risk: America! is a risk game based in, you guessed it, the USA. The game was originally made on FGF by JaumeBG, although it had already been on other sites (hint: the site’s name rhymes with "more than").

Your goal is to conquer as many American territories (which are the counties) as possible. You also have to face other players in vicious territory combat. Who will win? That’s up for the players to decide.

Here is the old thread, so you can kinda see what it’s like.

If you’ve noticed, my image is slightly different from Jaume’s. I’ve changed some rules and added some, so you should take a close look at my image. If you can’t read anything, don’t worry, as I’ll elaborate on everything in the next post. If you still have questions, feel free to ask.

Flag Post

Rules and Gameplay

If you compare the old image with the new image, there are some similarities and differences. Please read this section carefully! I’ll start with stuff that’s the same.

Signing Up

First thing’s first. To sign up, state the following:

Name of your nation
Color of your nation
Starting place

For example:

Originally posted by pika493:
Firestar’s Kingdom
Blue
Southern Florida.

Upon signing up, you are awarded 5 territories at the spot of your choice.

Game Beginning

When does the game begin? It begins when 5 out of the 20 territories are defined, and 5 players sign up. After that, the first day begins, and ends in 48 hours.

Although the game has started, more players can join the entire time. Obviously, this can only go up to 17.

Turns

For every 24 hours, you are awarded with 15 turns, in which you can expand and attack.

If you miss X turns, you will save 2/3 of them.
For example, if you missed today, you would have missed 15 turns. However, you can still redeem 10 of them.
If you missed 6 turns, you can redeem 4 of them.
If it’s a non-integer number, I’ll round.

Expanding

To expand, just tell me you want to expand, and specify a direction.

The number of territories you expand varies. I will go on random.org to generate a random number from 1 to 10000. From there, your territories are based on what the random number ends with.

If it ends with 00, 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50, you get 10 T.
If it ends with 60, 70, 80, or 90, you get 20 T.
If it ends with a strait (123, 234, etc.) or triples (111, 222, etc.), you get 50 T.
If it ends with 404, you get 80 T.
If it ends with a RS (1234, 2345, etc.) or quads (1111, 2222, etc.), you get 120 T.
If it ends with 493, you get 5 T plus an extra turn. (This one is new)
If it ends with none of the above, you get 3 T.
(I was going to add a 1337, but I ran out of room and was too lazy to create more.)

If you need help with your state geography, here you go. (If you know the state abbreviations, you can use them, too.)

State Bonuses

What is the point of controlling an entire state? For certain states, you get extra territory. Extra territory will be added every 48 hours (2 days).

California: +6T
Washington: +2T
Texas: x2T (for a specific turn)
Nebraska: +2T
Michigan: +4T
Tennessee: +3T
Florida: +3T
Maine: +1T
New York: +1T

Attacking

If you have contact with another person, you can attack it and attempt to claim its territory! If a person loses all of its territories, said person is completely eliminated from the game.

How attacking will be "counted":

If you attack someone, I will roll a number from 1-100. 1-50 means the defending group wins, 51-100 means the offending group wins.
Before I roll, I’ll do a preroll. If the preroll number ends with any of the specified numbers above, in the "Expanding" heading, then you have an advantage.
For example, if preroll ends with 10, I will roll from 1-110.
If preroll ends with 60, I will roll from 1-120.
If preroll ends with 1234, I will roll from 1-220.

If this part confuses you, feel free to ask. If I explain it but you still don’t get it, don’t worry, as I’ll just calculate it myself.

Alliances

Yes, you can make alliances with someone. Be warned, however, that alliances are not official, and the people can backstab you at any time.

Although alliances are allowed, point farming is not, which I’ll explain later.

New Stuff

Pay attention to this section particularly.

Game Points

This is the major difference. I have added a new score system, which is about Game Points (GP). The GP you get can directly affect the winning outcome.

For every territory you claim, you earn 1 GP.
For every enemy territory you conquer, you earn 4 GP.
For every enemy player you eliminate, you earn 50 GP.
For every state you have complete control over, you earn X GP, which I’ll explain.

Since you earn 4 points per territory conquered, this creates a problem. If two people decide to team up and attack each other’s territory on purpose JUST to get points, that would be Point Farming, which I mentioned earlier. If I catch you or suspect you point farming, I’ll either not give you points or ban you from the game. Since this is a loose rule, I’ll try to be fair while judging. I’ll probably give you a warning first, though.

Also, for the last way to earn GP (special GP), it is based on the 2012 Electoral College. If you completely control a state, you are awarded with GP, but each state is different. If you control California, you earn 55. If you control Texas, you earn 38. Not familiar with Electoral College?
(NOTE: If you had complete control over a state, but lost the complete control, you LOSE the points you earn. Be careful and defensive!)

Ending and Winners

The game will end when…

• The map is completely filled up.
  • There is only one player left.
  • I decide to end it (the most notorious way).

For the first and third ways, the winner will be the one still alive with the most GP. For the second one, it will be (obviously) the last one standing.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Assigned Nations:

(This post will be used to list the nations)

14/17 Nations Assigned

• The Lords’ Nation (Gold) for Jaskaran2000 [103 GP] 0 Turns
  • My Foot (Blue) for hamuka [103 GP] 0 Turns
  • The Bovine Republic (Grey) for TiggZ_ [89 GP] 0 Turns
  • The Empire of Salt (Dark) for T6salt [11 GP] 18 Turns
  • Kooplata (Red) for koopa112 [112 GP] 0 Turns
  • Apocalyptic Annihilation (Purple) for JaumeBG [67 GP] 1 Turn
  • Perfo9lome Republic (Brown) for Jimbo14 [86 GP] 1 Turn
  • The Peoples of the Bull (Light Blue) for VoodooCoffeeGuy [72 GP] 0 Turns
  • Handless (Dark Red) for blakzer [96 GP] 0 Turns
  • Limestone Commitee (Aspara) for tracymirkin123 [89 GP] 0 Turns
  • French Toast Mafia (Green) for gamelover13 [64 GP] 5 Turns
  • The People’s Organization for Organized People (Teal) for TheIdiocyWizard [5 GP] 20 Turns
  • The Smiling Nation (Cyan) for MansW1 [79 GP] 0 Turns
  • Unpredictable Nation of Limeness (Lime / Light Green) for thijs956 [77 GP] 0 Turns

Last updated: Nov. 17 \ 7:13 AM (7:13) [EST / -5 GMT]

Flag Post

Questions

This post is reserved for questions and answers. And with this post, you guys can start posting!

Q: So if someone starts in a state that gives you a bonus they get the bonus?
A: That’d be impossible, since a state must be in their complete control. Although they have an advantage at getting these states, the "Bonus" states have a lot of counties to fill (for the most part), and so filling it up isn’t instantaneous. Plus, if a single county is left out, there’s no bonus.

Flag Post

Name of your nation: The Lords’ Nation
Color of your nation: Gold
Starting place: Anywhere random.

Flag Post

Jask, just for you, buddyboy, I placed you in the delightful spot of Northeast Wyoming. ;)

Gold: 5 GP

Flag Post

No offense, but that’s really badly colored.

Flag Post

Nah, none taken. I’m trying to find a convenient way to do this. :P

Flag Post

Name of your nation: My Foot

Color of your nation: Blue

Starting place: New Jersey

(Yes, I have little creativity :P)

Flag Post

Name of your nation: The Bovine Republic
Color of your nation: Grey
Starting Place: Southern tip of Florida.

Flag Post

Name The empire of Salt
Colour Dark
Starting Place here

Flag Post

Name of nation Kooplata
Colour of Nation Red
Starting place Southern California

Flag Post

Name of your nation: Apocalyptic Annihilation.
Color of your nation: Purple.
Starting place: Detroit, Michigan.

Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

No offense, but that’s really badly colored.

What I did was colour in every single pixel. Yes, it looked nice. But pika’s way is much more efficient.

Flag Post

Name: Kingdom of Hyrule
Color: Purple
Starting place: Southern tip of Texas

Edit: Does Texas only provide the x2T once in the entire game?

If so, I’d like to change to South East Washington.

Flag Post

Name: Perfo9lome Republic
Color: Neon Brown
Startling Location: Southern Oregon

Flag Post

Wow, a lot of signs! Thanks, guys. I’ll update ASAP. :)

Originally posted by Darkboy5846:

Name: Kingdom of Hyrule
Color: Purple
Starting place: Southern tip of Texas

Edit: Does Texas only provide the x2T once in the entire game?

If so, I’d like to change to South East Washington.

Every 48 hours, you get 2x the territory for a specific turn.

Also, Jaume already chose Purple, so you have to choose another color.

[Reserved for Map]

Flag Post

So if someone starts in a state that give you a bonus they get the bonus?

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

So if someone starts in a state that give you a bonus they get the bonus?

Well, that’d be impossible, because they need to fill up/control the entire state.

New Map:

All nations have 5 GP.

Flag Post

Ah, ok, that makes sense but that means they get a bonus quicker than everyone else.

Flag Post

Ah, ok, that makes sense but that means they get a bonus quicker than everyone else.

Yes, they have an advantage. Generally, though, the "Bonus" states have a lot of counties to fill, so it won’t happen instantaneously. Plus, if a single county is left out, there is no bonus.

Flag Post

Also can I ask what’s the name of my states and what are the states near to it.

Flag Post

Also can I ask what’s the name of my states and what are the states near to it.

Your state is Maine. To your west is New Hampshire. Near New Hampshire is Vermont (west) and Massachusetts (south).

Here’s something that may help.

Flag Post

Light blue.I would like my homeland Southeast Wyoming. Lets call it The Peoples Of the Bull.