"Anyone Want To Collab on a Forum Game?" Administrator Discussion

22 posts

Flag Post

This isn’t the official link for the game, but this is where all the administrators can talk about the blueprints for the game. We do have some general outlines for the game:

• It’s a futuristic post-apocalyptic warfighter
  • It’s a Role Playing Game
  • Basic Classes are Soldier, Tank, Assassin
  • The setting will be in Mortar City
    Here is where we can all post thoughts and drafts on the game, and see each other’s opinions. All members can see this, but have no voice in this discussion.

Storyline Administrator Bulletin

Here is your chance to think of a backstory and conflict that leads to the game. What happened? Who’s the boss? Where does this take place? The boundaries don’t exist (well, kind of). Just be creative yet realistic with it. The only possible wrong thing is if it doesn’t exist.

Make sure you can build off of the story occasionally. Don’t kill the evil mastermind four words into the “prologue”. Make sure you think into the characters bios. A pigeon can’t breath acid and growl like a lion.

Statistician Administrator Bulletin

Think of the basic RPG elements. You get to decide what stats or abilities go to the three basic classes (Soldier, Tank, Assassin if you didn’t see above). You decide how the experience and gold systems work. You decide all that has to do with numbers in this game. You must have all stats on a post on the game forum or on your computer somewhere.

Gameplay Administrators Bulletin

You don’t have to do anything until the Statistician and Storyline admins are done with their part. I will consult with you whenever they are done. You will be in charge of enforcing the rules of the game and keeping the order in gameplay. You and the storyline admins will work together to bring something new to the game every month; you will control all new and old NPCs (Non-Person Characters). You and I will think of the game conventions to make sure the game stays in a view of practicality and order.

Multiplayer/PvP Administrator Bulletin

You will be in charge of all multiplayer scenes/fights. You will play any multiplayer NPCs, and so will the Gameplay admins if you aren’t available at the time. You can arrange tournaments and challenges that come with the new upload every month, with approval of a majority.

Next Meeting: December 8th, 2012; 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Administrator Applying

Names for the Game?

• Mortar City: Ruins
  • Mortar City: The City in the Mist

Flag Post

I think for the real game, we all reserve like say, 5 posts each so we can all edit part of the front page [We take over the 1st page basically].

Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

I think for the real game, we all reserve like say, 5 posts each so we can all edit part of the front page [We take over the 1st page basically].

That sounds great, thanks for the suggestion…even though it had nothing to do with the game o~o.

Flag Post

Mspeedy250, you are not an Administrator for this game. This thread is for Administrators only. Kindly delete your post or I shall be forced to flag it. You have 24 hours.

-

The setting, I have decided, shall be in Mortar City.

Setting
I’ll need to handle these things:

→Geographical features
→Government
→Backstory
→Technology
→Living Conditions

Flag Post

Actually, that is certainly possible. I play CS Portable and if the clan specifically says that only members can post, all non-member posts that are flagged will be deleted.

Also, if you’re banned from other people’s forum games, and you continue posting, mods WILL delete your post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Mspeedy250, you are not an Administrator for this game. This thread is for Administrators only. Kindly delete your post or I shall be forced to flag it. You have 24 hours.

-

The setting, I have decided, shall be in Mortar City.

Setting
I’ll need to handle these things:

→Geographical features
→Government
→Backstory
→Technology
→Living Conditions

Yes, and please mention any native animal/intelligent life. Remember, you can make up anything you want for the backstory.

Flag Post

Non-artifical animals have all been destroyed by the apocalypse. I’m going for steampunk here, with a dash of magic and occasional glimpses of sparkling technology.

Flag Post

Non-artifical animals have all been destroyed by the apocalypse. I’m going for steampunk here, with a dash of magic and occasional glimpses of sparkling technology.

Go ahead.

Just be sure to post very significant events here, and at an admin meeting we’ll talk about the little things.

Flag Post

I’ve already worked out the setting of Mortar City. I’m doing a timeline of the major events in Mortar City. So far, I think before Mortar City there was Dystopia, a floating city with highly advanced technology and so on, before a three-faction war known as the Trinity War destroyed Dystopia. In a desperate bid to stop the destruction, a team of scientists decided to launch millions of mortars into the air. They fell upon Dystopia, pockmarking its surface with thousands of holes and bringing it to the ground, annihilating all technology.

The mortars had the effect that the scientists intended it to by ripping apart all three factions and forcing them to unite into a tight-knit government to control the chaos that erupted in the aftermath of what would come to be called the Rain of Mortars.
-

All this sound good?

Flag Post

Btw, if you really want, I can do a bit of Multiplayer/PvP as well [honor system, tournament ranking systems etc.]

Flag Post

Yeah. I’m also pretty good at managing the actual gameplay(making sure players don’t godmode etc.) but I’m better at storyline. Sign me up for Actual Gameplay if you want.

Flag Post

Question of the week: What should we call this game?

Btw, if you really want, I can do a bit of Multiplayer/PvP as well [honor system, tournament ranking systems etc.]

You can start thinking of a tourny/PvP system. Thanks for the help; there’s a short in this position. Honestly I may just cut it into the gameplay admin’s job.

All administrator positions have been discovered!

Our first meeting will be on December 8th, 2012; 10:15 AM Pacific Time (Click here to help find out what time to get on!)

This is the first meeting, so it will be important. If you cannot make it, please notify me on this forum or a PM.

Confirmed positions for the game

Flag Post

Well, I’m intending for the conflict to be that the mortars raining down on ex-Dystopia have created horrible mutant creatures that constantly raid human settlements and such, and for the players’ objective to be to find the source of the mutation(theorized to be gigantic mortar crater, but whether this is true or not is up to you) and destroy it to stop the mutants from overrunning human civilization.

So maybe the game could be called Mortar City:Ruins in reference to the destroyed world, or more optimistically, Mortar City:Hope Anew in reference to the ongoing quest to pwn the mutants.

Flag Post

Me and BC have been discussing stats. We will give some info once we get more concrete facts on it.

Also, you seem pretty smart, but you’ve got 24 posts. I’m not saying you suck, but due to lack of posts you could be missing some stuff that regular FGers do.

Firstly – Do R4L so you can manually lock without deleting your first post. [It’s too late now, but for future reference].

Secondly – ALWAYS. RESERVE. EXTRA. POSTS. Just in case you need them.

Can the meeting be like 1-2 hours earlier? Would be like 99% more useful.

Flag Post

So maybe the game could be called Mortar City:Ruins in reference to the destroyed world, or more optimistically, Mortar City:Hope Anew in reference to the ongoing quest to pwn the mutants.

Mortar City: The City in the Mist

To make that feel your alone, and anything can happen.

Flag Post

Yeaaaah, I can’t do the current time either. 10:15 AM becomes 10:15 PM in my case, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be kicked off the computer by then. Although two hours earlier, as DAZ suggested, is fine for me; and yes, DAZ and I are also discussing stats at the moment.

Flag Post

I’ve already worked out the setting of Mortar City. I’m doing a timeline of the major events in Mortar City. So far, I think before Mortar City there was Dystopia, a floating city with highly advanced technology and so on, before a three-faction war known as the Trinity War destroyed Dystopia. In a desperate bid to stop the destruction, a team of scientists decided to launch millions of mortars into the air. They fell upon Dystopia, pockmarking its surface with thousands of holes and bringing it to the ground, annihilating all technology.

The mortars had the effect that the scientists intended it to by ripping apart all three factions and forcing them to unite into a tight-knit government to control the chaos that erupted in the aftermath of what would come to be called the Rain of Mortars.
-

All this sound good?

That sounds godly O~O

Well, I’m intending for the conflict to be that the mortars raining down on ex-Dystopia have created horrible mutant creatures that constantly raid human settlements and such, and for the players’ objective to be to find the source of the mutation(theorized to be gigantic mortar crater, but whether this is true or not is up to you) and destroy it to stop the mutants from overrunning human civilization.

I’d love to pwwn mutants. But good suggestion on “Mortar City: Ruins”.

Me and BC have been discussing stats. We will give some info once we get more concrete facts on it.

Also, you seem pretty smart, but you’ve got 24 posts. I’m not saying you suck, but due to lack of posts you could be missing some stuff that regular FGers do.

Firstly – Do R4L so you can manually lock without deleting your first post. [It’s too late now, but for future reference].

Secondly – ALWAYS. RESERVE. EXTRA. POSTS. Just in case you need them.

Can the meeting be like 1-2 hours earlier? Would be like 99% more useful.

Thanks for the advice, I will make note to reserve posts and lock the first post for the actual game forum.

And yes, I can make it earlier, or later. Personally, I want to make it later; on another day or so.

Originally posted by TwistedCakez:

Mortar City: The City in the Mist

To make that feel your alone, and anything can happen.

Another good suggestion.

Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

Yeaaaah, I can’t do the current time either. 10:15 AM becomes 10:15 PM in my case, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be kicked off the computer by then. Although two hours earlier, as DAZ suggested, is fine for me; and yes, DAZ and I are also discussing stats at the moment.

Yes, it will be scheduled on another day/later/earlier.

Flag Post

I want all cooperating admins to post when the optimal time for you to have a good discussion with the other admins. Please, I want to find a great time for use to discuss the game.

Flag Post

I’m GMT+8. It’s holidays for me, so I can post throughout the afternoon and sometimes in the morning as well.

I’m very flexible.

Flag Post

Lol, same time. I can do that time, but honestly, I don’t feel like staying up late for a game meeting.

Flag Post

Lol, same time. I can do that time, but honestly, I don’t feel like staying up late for a game meeting.

I don’t necessarily mean late at night; I just mean on another day.

Flag Post

Alright, I’m going to abort this before it goes down the toilet. I’m going to be inactive for the next two to three months. So, I won’t be able to make any meetings, or do anything. Can a moderator lock this?