Relationships Mafia (End Game) (locked)

214 posts

Flag Post

Relationships Mafia

Gregory Atkins scraped the wet cakes of dirt off of the damaged sign, attempting to make out at least a hint to what word he was looking at. And while he frustratingly wished that the light sprinkle of a rain was just a little bit heavier, he knew that that particular change would only serve to bring him dismay in the future. But thoughts were fleeting and finally content with his free evening charity, he took a step backwards and allowed himself to observe his handiwork. And barely, just barely, he could read a single word, unmarred by nothing but the large gash striking through the middle of the sign and the childish grafitti announcing that Penelope Hendrick was a certain type of woman. Foxwynne. The name of the town where he was heading and the name of the town where he would find shelter from this accursed rain, which had just become an extremely heavy downpour.

Trudging through the muddy path, Gregory entered into the city, a simple and drab place, with nothing to catch his eye. The rain certainly didn’t help, coming along with its usual depressive mood. Sighing, he opened the door to a sighted inn, much to the surprise of the innkeeper. The scrawny man lifted his head up from his newspaper to observe the newcomer, raising an eyebrow and standing up off of his desk.

“A visitor, eh?” he asked. “We don’t really get much of those around here. Makes me wonder why I’m running a damn inn sometimes.” Mouthing off to nobody in particular, he mutters, “If only those damn Rosenblatts could stop monopolizing all other businesses…”

“Excuse me?” Gregory interrupted. “I would like a room. I have money.” Gregory retrieved his wallet and emptied out a few bills onto the counter.

“Ohoho. You’re going to need more than that, son,” he laughs, pulling at his chin. “You’re not going to be leaving here for a while. Only a few hours and you’ll see what you’ve gotten yourself into.” Pushing his room keys towards him, the innkeeper smiles mockingly.

“I don’t see what you’re talking about, but I have the money to pay you later,” Gregory responded, leaving for the inn stairs.

“Heh, you’ll see. You’ll see,” he remarks emptily, yelling when Gregory nears the top of the stairs, “And just so you know, I have nothing to do with this! Foolish superstitions and suspicions, I say.”

Slamming the creaking door shut, Gregory sat on his plain bed in his plain room. He frustatingly looked out of the window, only to see the eternal rain. He planned to leave town the next day, but he felt worried. Troubled by the innkeeper’s words, regardless of how strange they were. And he felt empty, as if his life was hanging on the edge.

Roles

The role set-up for this mafia is closed. Role names will be revealed upon the deaths of players, but the role abilities and the content of the actual role PM’s will be kept secret until the end of the game.

Flag Post

Rules

Note: These rules originated from Bluji, obviously with some modifications.

1. Votes and unvotes must be in bold, like this: vote [insert username]. In the event of changing votes to a new target, you must first unvote before you revote. Note that votes that don’t follow this rule will probably be ignored.

2. Discussion about this game must be contained inside of this thread, unless stated by the role PM. In most cases, role PM’s that allow communication will restrict you to certain people and to using PM’s; these limits must be followed.

3. Dead people lose their ability to speak, only managing to utter out some dying words as one “Bah” post directly after their death. This post may not contain any information relating to the game.

4. Night actions are all optional, but please PM me stating your hatred towards the use of night actions even if you don’t plan to use it. If you know that you will be gone during the night phase, your action can be PMed to me during the corresponding day phase.

5. Days end after about 48 hours, but only if a majority of the town is voting. If this majority is not reached, 24 extra hours will be added to the final deadline. Day only ends when a deadline is reached, with the lynch going to the player with the most votes.

6. There are no nights in this mafia.

7. Ties in the votes are resolved by lynching the person who got the most votes the quickest.

8. During day, players are allowed to vote for a No Lynch. Players may not vote themselves.

9. If you aren’t a part of the game, please don’t post in the thread. Reserves should be PMed to me.

10. Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).

11. I trust that none of you would be despicable enough to use alts, but alts are strictly forbidden.

12. Don’t be inactive without a good reason; excessive inactivity would make me depressed enough to replace or modkill you. Before I resort to such measures, warnings will be posted in-thread and sent by PM. Whether or not you’re inactive will be left to my personal judgment and common sense. If you play the game actively and dedicatedly, you have nothing to worry about. If you happen to have a reason for inactivity, please PM me before you go into the inactive.

13. Presenting any kind of copies of private mod messages is highly prohibited. Claims are fine, but quoting or “exchanging a few words for synonyms” is forbidden.

14. Do not post any pictures. This isn’t the General Thread or Spamville. Similarly, try to keep spam to a minimum.

15. Dead members on the winning team can still receive wins if I deem their efforts as worthy. This means that they must be active and that they must play well. To eliminate any bias on my part, I’ll also allow people to argue that they deserve a win and for others to support them.

16. Any breaking of the rules, especially 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, and 13, will result in a mod action. This may mean a modkill or a temporary or permanent ban from my games.

Flag Post

Player List
1. Woon1957 Vanilla Townie modkilled on Day 6
2. CowFriend Vanilla Townie
3. Jaskaran2000 Gregory Atkins lynched on Day 5
4. MyNameisNothing Vanilla Townie modkilled on Day 5
5. Bluji Vanilla Townie modkilled on Day 4
6. AdeebNafees Vanilla Townie DK’d on Day 5
7. myhome16 Vanilla Townie lynched on Day 6
8. SilverEvil Vanilla Townie lynched on Day 4
9. TwistedCakez Vanilla Townie modkilled on Day 5
10. FelineForumer Vanilla Townie modkilled on Day 4
11. Zzzip50 Vanilla Townie
12. helltank Vanilla Townie lynched on Day 1
13. Wiiplayer113 Vanilla Townie lynched on Day 2

Reserves

Flag Post

All posts are done and sign-ups are now open.

Flag Post

Sign. Your reserves are slow.

Flag Post

Sign yo

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Another closed setting, no reveal mafia.

Not sign.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Oh Jesus Christ I’ve had enough of these closed setups

But sninetiane anyways

Flag Post

I’ll sign, but I’d like to ask a question :3

While it may seem counter-intuitive, if you had to describe this mafia from the role setup, would you call this a bastard mafia, a role madness (possible without nights) or a pretty much ordinary setup without any really important hidden catches?

Flag Post

[Sign]

Flag Post

S-ign

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

Sign yo

Flag Post

Sign.

I am never good with these… but I can always try. =D

Flag Post

Another closed setting, no reveal mafia.

Could you tell me what’s the problem with that?

While it may seem counter-intuitive, if you had to describe this mafia from the role setup, would you call this a bastard mafia, a role madness (possible without nights) or a pretty much ordinary setup without any really important hidden catches?

I wouldn’t call it a role madness, but I also wouldn’t call it an ordinary setup. Perhaps somewhere in between. As for bastard mafias, this is not one, and honestly, I probably wouldn’t reveal that if it was.

Flag Post

Sign because to.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ocelot:

Sign because to.

Response because to more players needed.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Roles are now being sent out. Please do not start voting or playing until I announce the start of Day 1. Reserves signs will be accepted through PM.

Flag Post

YAY RELATIONSHIPS SIGN.

Edit: Damn it.

Flag Post

Day 1

Day 1 has started and all roles have been handed out. You may now post.

Gregory opened his eyes slowly, hearing a dull thumping noise. And it was gradually getting louder. Coming to his senses, he noticed that it was coming from his door, which was apparently being bashed by someone outside. Or rather, multiple people. Jumping out of his bed and rubbing his eyes to gain a clearer vision, he managed to back away towards the corner of the room just as the door burst open, accompanied by the entrance of several men with blunt weapons.

Attempting to defend himself from a random threat, Gregory grabbed onto a chair close to him, holding it in front of him. “And just what do you guys want?”

A bald man steps up, probably the leader of the group, and says, “Don’t play dumb. We know you’re with them, outsider.”

“With who?”

Stopping another man from bashing Gregory in the face with a pipe, the bald man responds, “The Rosenblatts. The damn Rosenblatts! If you’re with them, you’ll be sorry.”

“Weren’t you sure that I was with them just a minute ago?”

“Hmph. Well, you better be careful around here. You never know when someone will stab you in your sleep,” he says before signalling to his group. “Let’s go.”

“Stab me in my sleep? With them? It seems as if there’s some sort of conflict going on here. I better not leave town anytime soon, or they might just take the opportunity to further their suspicions,” Gregory thought. He decided to walk around town and gather some information for now.

You have 48 hours to decide a lynch before the standard deadline. Everyone must confirm their role before the start of Day 3 in order to avoid being replaced or modkilled. Any questions concerning the game should be PMed to me. I will periodically post a status update during the day, detailing the time left, a vote count, any inactive warnings, and anything else that might be needed.

Flag Post

sign as reserve.

Flag Post

Egg roll confirmed.