Beasts of War[BETA] page 4 (locked)

165 posts

Flag Post

For reference, folks, Assassin wasn’t intended to return to 3000 power whenever it used Hide. It’d return to the hand, but in a weakened state if it had been attacked by anything else in the field and not completely destroyed. On the other hand, there’d be nothing stopping the user from boosting its energy with other cards or abilities, then returning it to their hand…
Oh, I need to clarify something about Stealth too. Actions enacted upon the Assassin whilst stealthed don’t register for non-owner players either, not just its appearance on the field. Or is that ridiculous OP, devourer/helltank? Also, Zzzip? Don’t tell me my cards are unbalanced when your cards were going to cost far more energy than is sensible for the game scale.

EDIT: Additionally, the point of the Assassin is tactical takedowns of powerful enemy monsters, not rank-and-file flinging of themselves at the enemy until both sides are dead. It’s an assassin, not a red shirt. Choose the Fire deck for that kind of thing. A side effect of this tactical usage would likely be potential deck lockdowns, yes; on the other hand, let’s see you make 2500 damage threatening.

Flag Post

First spell, bad picture.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RandomTurtle:

First spell, bad picture.

Random, can you please use another card template, please?

Flag Post

gammaflux, Mutation would definitely be a Chaos spell.

Hamuka, we don’t have a “Poison” element and we have enough beta testers. Nuclear Failure is probably UP since it hurts both sides. With some modifications it could be a Chaos or Water card.
-
TOTALLY UNBALANCED AND OP Light Starter Deck
Taking suggestions to balance out this deck. Particularly the godlike Sage, the Swift Gunner and Radiant Cannoneer.
12x Basic Energy
1x Last Shield
2x Ariasflux, Watcher of the Dawn
2x Starfall
5x Shining Barrier Droid
3x Lightstriker
3x Radiant Cannoneer
2x Sage, the Swift Gunner

Ariasflux
Light
Energy Cost 1
Power 2000
Abilities:
Watcher(Passive):Cannot attack.

Starfall
Spell
Energy Cost 3
Choose a creature. If enemy deduct 500 power from it. If ally, add 1000 power to it.

Shining Barrier Droid
Light
Energy Cost 4
Power 3000
Abilities:
Guardian:If another creature is attacked, this creature may take the place of the attacked creature and battle with the attacking creature.

Lightstriker
Energy Cost 7
Power 6000
Abilities:
Guardian:If another creature is attacked, this creature may take the place of the attacked creature and battle with the attacking creature.

Radiant Cannoneer
Energy Cost 15
Energy 3000
Abilities:
Cannonshot Barrage:Deal damage equal to twice the power of this creature to another creature. Lower this creature’s power level by half.
Radiance:This creature may not attack or use any abilities this turn. This creature gains 1000 power.

Sage, the Swift Gunner
Energy Cost 25
Energy 12000
Abilities:
Relentless(Passive):When this creature would be destroyed, return it to your hand.
Swiftness(Passive):When this creature is attacked, there is a 20% chance the attack will not hit Sage. If so, the attacker does not have its power level reduced either.
Gunfort:This creature may not attack this turn. For one turn, all attacks to Sage deal half damage and give 1 energy to Sage’s owner.

Flag Post

Random, can you please use another card template, please?

What do you have in mind?

Flag Post

how about earth? :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Hamuka, we don’t have a “Poison” element and we have enough beta testers. Nuclear Failure is probably UP since it hurts both sides. With some modifications it could be a Chaos or Water card.

Hamuka, we don’t have a “Poison” element

I’m a confirmed idiot >.<

and we have enough beta testers.

:,(
Can I still post card ideas? I have an idea for a completely remade Light deck.

Nuclear Failure is probably UP since it hurts both sides.

Hey, that 5000 basic power level is good at least, right?

Flag Post

5000 is OK… but not for a creature with an energy cost of 7.

Hamuka, I would appreciate if you could make Light deck.

Now we’re left with only the Chaos deck to make.

Flag Post

5000 is OK… but not for a creature with an energy cost of 7.

Hamuka, I would appreciate if you could make Light deck.

Now we’re left with only the Chaos deck to make.

Can you put my mutation card in there? :P

Flag Post

Okay, here you go.

LIGHT STARTER DECK 2.1 (Remade from scratch, nerfed, highlighted changed parts)

10x Basic Energy
1x Last Shield
2x Beam of Justice
2x Sunrise
3x Student of the Light
1x Messenger of the Upper Lords
1x Furious Overlord of the Sunshine and Thunder

Beam of Justice
Spell
Light
Energy Cost: 6 (old: 3)
Choose an enemy monster. That monster is destroyed inevitably, completely and utterly. Adds the monster’s Power level to a random creature of yours.

Student of the Light
Creature
Light
Energy Cost: 7
Power level: 3000
Constant Learning (Passive)
Adds 500 (old: 1000) Power level to this creature every turn.
Hypnosis
Choose an enemy monster. That monster will do your bidding from now on. Add it to the bottom of your deck.

Sunrise
Spell
Light
Energy Cost: 5
Enemies lose 200 (old: 500) Power level per turn for the rest of the game. Allies get 200 (old: 500) Power level per turn for the rest of the game.

Messenger of the Upper Lords
Creature
Light
Energy Cost: 12
Power level: 8000
Messenger (Passive)
Disappears on odd turns and returns on even ones. Can’t attack or use abilities when it disappears. Sends a mod message every time it returns.
Wrath of the Sky
Pay 4 Energy. (old: 0) Choose a monster. A Beam of Justice will be cast upon that monster the next even turn.

Furious Overlord of the Sunshine and Thunder
Energy Cost: 37
Power level: 14000
Thunders of Fury
Pay 4 Energy. Choose 3 enemy monsters. These monsters are instantly sent to the Graveyard.
Controller of the Sun (Passive)
Gives 500 Power level to every ally per turn.
Supersized Beam of Extreme Lightness
Pay 12 Energy. (old: 9) Choose 2 monsters. Those monsters are completely destroyed and removed from the game. All other monsters (if any) are blinded and rendered useless for the next turn.

EDIT: Version 2.1 up. Reviews are welcome.

Flag Post

We need:
1)Approval that the Water Starter is balanced.
2)Zzzip to remake his Order starter.
3)Approval that hamuka’s Light Starter is balanced.
4)Approval of some form of hamuka’s and gammaflux’s independent cards(Mutation and Nuclear Failure).

Flag Post

Beam of Justice:OP ALERT! OP ALERT! OP ALERT! You know how Zzzip make such a big fuss about the Assassin dealing an unstoppable 7500 damage for an energy cost of 7? Well, this is doing an unstoppable 999999 damage for an energy cost of 3. The “add the monster’s power level to a random creature of yours” is just sour icing on the rotten cake.

Student of the Light:Still overpowered. Especially Hypnosis. Some decks are based around key cards(for example, the Water Starter derives most of its late-game strength from its Icewraiths, and by extension the Leviathan Boomers as they guard the Icewraiths from attack). By stealing it from them, you essentially crush their deck. The Constant Learning thing also adds up unimaginable quickly and we soon have a creature of epic proportions.

Sunrise:Again, Sunrise adds up REAL quick. If we both summon the same monster, in just one turn they’ll be a whole 1000 power apart. Also, weak monsters like the Raging Imp can die in just a few turns.

Messenger of the Upper Lords:Beam of Justice is OP, therefore Wrath of the Sky is also OP. The fact that they can disappear and thus be immune to attack is also bad.

Furious Overlord of the Sunshine and Thunder:The high energy cost PROBABLY makes up for it somewhat. Due to its high cost, this is probably the LEAST OP card in the entire deck(it’s still OP though).

Flag Post

Beam of Justice:OP ALERT! OP ALERT! OP ALERT! You know how Zzzip make such a big fuss about the Assassin dealing an unstoppable 7500 damage for an energy cost of 7? Well, this is doing an unstoppable 999999 damage for an energy cost of 3. The “add the monster’s power level to a random creature of yours” is just sour icing on the rotten cake.

Student of the Light:Still overpowered. Especially Hypnosis. Some decks are based around key cards(for example, the Water Starter derives most of its late-game strength from its Icewraiths, and by extension the Leviathan Boomers as they guard the Icewraiths from attack). By stealing it from them, you essentially crush their deck. The Constant Learning thing also adds up unimaginable quickly and we soon have a creature of epic proportions.

Sunrise:Again, Sunrise adds up REAL quick. If we both summon the same monster, in just one turn they’ll be a whole 1000 power apart. Also, weak monsters like the Raging Imp can die in just a few turns.

Messenger of the Upper Lords:Beam of Justice is OP, therefore Wrath of the Sky is also OP. The fact that they can disappear and thus be immune to attack is also bad.

Furious Overlord of the Sunshine and Thunder:The high energy cost PROBABLY makes up for it somewhat. Due to its high cost, this is probably the LEAST OP card in the entire deck(it’s still OP though).

Thanks for the review, nerfing now. :)

Flag Post

Uh, hamuka? I thought Light decks were meant to be based around DEFENSE, not ridiculously overpowered abilities. I’d personally suggest monsters that have a relatively high Power Level, but can only use a certain percentage of it when fighting an enemy monster. I dunno, maybe have one that manages to be immune to damage when making attacks, but not when blocking them.

Flag Post

Still OP, hamuka. You can’t solve everything by upping energy costs.

Flag Post

I was just finished reading the rules but I still need to read the starter decks everyone made so I don’t accidental copy them, but I realized by the time Im finished there won’t be room for me.

SIGN

Flag Post

Zombie you can take my spot.

Flag Post

Water starting deck

Tsunami
Water
Energy Cost 10
Power Level 0
Abilities:
Unexpected terms of events:
When a monster is about to attack you directly, this card automatically comes into effect. The tsunami washes away all of the cards on the battle field. Leaving your opponent defenseless during your term.(This does not destroy the *Last wall your opponent has)
--

If I can’t sign up can I just keep making cards?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZombiestookmyTV:

Water starting deck

Tsunami
Water
Energy Cost 10
Power Level 0
Abilities:
Unexpected terms of events:
When a monster is about to attack you directly, this card automatically comes into effect. The tsunami washes away all of the cards on the battle field. Leaving your opponent defenseless during your term.(This does not destroy the *Last wall your opponent has)
--

If I can’t sign up can I just keep making cards?

1. The effect will never activate.
2. The creature will die immediately on play.
3. The effect is very very OP if card is made playable.

Flag Post

Dammit :P

back to square one

Flag Post

Lovely Hurricane
Water
Energy cost 18
Power Level:25000
Abilities:
This card is treated as a monster card. Every time you attack with this monster your opponent draws a card.
This monster may only attack once every two turns.

(Okie-dokie what am I missing to make it legit.)

Flag Post

The Hideous Crab disease
Water
Energy Cost:25
Power Level:50000
Abilities:
Every end of your turn your every one of your opponents monsters loses 1000 power level. This card may never attack.

Flag Post

The fish you caught
Water
Energy Cost:10000
Power Level 24500
Abilities:
The stench of the fish you caught two weeks ago stuns your opponents monsters for 9 turns. How ever your opponent may still summon and their monsters power levels are doubled.
This card may attack twice every turn.

Flag Post

OH CRY ME A RIVER
Water
Energy Cost:100
Power level:0
Abilities:
(Passive) When your last shield has a lower power level than your opponents attacking monster, this card comes into play from your deck, you cry on how you where about to lose when you remembered this card, negating the attack and destroying the monsters on the opponents side of the field.

Flag Post

Swimming against the current
Water
Energy Cost: 300
Power Level:1000
Abilities:
The battlefield turns into river pushing against your opponent, when your opponent declares an attack he must flip a coin twice. If heads once, then his attack is negated, if tails twice then he may attack.