[Mafia] A Blind Eye [On break until July 7th] (locked)

89 posts

Flag Post

Hello, and welcome to..

A Blind Eye

The first mafia that I have made (and am hosting!). This is a mafia game which is half-closed and half-open, and possibly loads of fun.

Flag Post

Roles

Closed

Since this is a sorta closed setup, I cannot reveal half of the roles, the only one knowing these roles will be the role owners themselves or the people that may have closed role people’s names.

Open

Here are the role names, and what they do. This will only have half of the roles, though. Also, roles will be revealed as more signs come in.

1xVanilla Townie.

Pro-town. This role can only vote, which is also it’s power. It does not have any night actions. Wins when all threats to town are dead or nothing could stop this from happening.

1xOne-Shot Serial Killer.

Third-party. This role can vote during the day, and has the ability to nightkill ONCE throughout the whole game. Wins if either mafia and town are dead or will eventually die in all circumstances.

1xMafia Commander.

Mafia-aligned. Is in charge of the mafia factional kill during the night. Knows the names of the other faction members. Wins if all town members are dead.

1xParanoid cop

Town-aligned. Does not know his sanity. Can investigate a person to find if he is town or scum (mafia and thirdparty are grouped together as scum) during every night. Will always get scum, no matter who he investigates. Wins when all threats to town are dead or nothing could stop this from happening.

1xSane cop

Town-aligned. Does not know his sanity. Can investigate a person to find if he is town or scum (mafia and thirdparty are grouped together as scum) during every night. Will always get the correct result of who is who. Wins when all threats to town are dead or nothing could stop this from happening.

Flag Post

R

Flag Post

Rules

1. You have to vote like this; Vote: Blunt, it must be in bold, brackets are optional and not necessary. You have to unvote before voting again. Unvoting must be done in the same way as voting but you just simply have to put “Un” before “Vote”. You may only cast a vote after you have unvoted, or if you haven’t voted in the day before your current vote.

2. This game is not to be discussed with anyone outside of the thread, unless your role PM states you may do so, even then only with the people mentioned in your role PM.

3. Once it has been posted that you have died, please, do not post anything other than a “Bah” post unless specifically stated so in your role PM, which may or may not have a function like that.

4. Night actions are optional. Please let me know if you are not using your night action (if you have one). You may send in your actions for the night to me in the day before if you know you are not able to access your computer during night time. If you do not send me any PM at night if you have a night action, it will be counted as you have not performed any night action.

5. The day will instantly finish once a majority has been reached (more than 50% of the total population alive has voted), if I am not around at the time, the game will be in twilight phase. You are allowed to discuss in this phase, however, no votes or unvotes will be counted during this phase. Also, please note that plurality rule is NOT in effect.

6. Please do not post in the thread unless you’re in the sign ups sheet in a below post, even then, only if you’re not in the reserve list.

7. Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. [In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).]

8. No alts. If I get any information you’re using alts, that will be a ban from my next game, and I will despise you all of my life.

9. Obvious rule is obvious: this is a game, so if you die here, you don’t die in RL. Same goes for killing.

10. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. If I consider your lurking or inactivity to disrupt game flow, you may be replaced, or if a replacement isn’t found, modkilled. You must let me know through PM if you are not going to have a computer available for the duration of multiple phases.

11. Day phases will usually last for three RL days (72 hours) and night phases will usually last two RL days (48 hours). In addition, if I find it necessary, I may shorten the phases (especially the night phase) to speed up the game’s progress.

12. You must vote every second day phase in order to stay in the game. If you don’t vote on two consecutive day phases, you will be replaced, or if a replacement isn’t found, modkilled.

13. Presenting any kind of copies of private mod messages (pictures, word-to-word copies) is highly prohibited.

14. Any breaking of the rules, especially 2, 3, 6, 8 and 13, will result in a mod action. This may mean modkill or temporary or permanent ban from my games.

Flag Post

R

Flag Post

1) SilverEvil [Confirmed]
2) eProdigy [Confirmed]
3) AdeebNafees (via PM) [Confirmed]
4) T6salt [Confirmed]
5) djrockstar [Confirmed]
6) MyNameIsNothing [Confirmed]
7) devourer359 [Confirmed]
8) CowFriend [Confirmed]
9) helltank [Confirmed]
10) GottaAskTheMan [Confirmed]
11) DragonArcherZ [Confirmed via PM]

Flag Post

Deaths

Name ~ Time ~ Role ~ Method of death

Flag Post

Just in case just in case doesn’t work

You may post now.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Added.

Flag Post

Flag Post

signsign

Flag Post

SIGN

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

nightkill ONCE throughout the whole day.

Sounds legit.

Flag Post

Sign

and has the ability to nightkill ONCE throughout the whole day.

Is this NK one-shot?

Flag Post

Singa

Flag Post

Sign.

Devourer, it’s a one-shot SK. I think Jask meant to write, “Nightkill once throughout the whole game”. Once his NK’s finished, he’s a regular townie.

EDIT:Except with an SK win condition.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Sign.

Devourer, it’s a one-shot SK. I think Jask meant to write, “Nightkill once throughout the whole game”. Once his NK’s finished, he’s a regular townie.

EDIT:Except with an SK win condition.

Yeah, I probably should have actually read the entire role name. I knew that.

Flag Post

Oops.

I meant to say “throughout the whole game” (as helltank) said :p, fixed.

And all added.

Flag Post

Sign. Just because I want a cookie

Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

Sign. Just because I want a cookie

Flag Post

7 more signs ta go.

Flag Post

Cookies are still in stock.

Flag Post

So, um, asking the players, should I start the game?