[Mafia] Shattered Soul (Finished) page 4 (locked)

321 posts

Flag Post

[Unvote: Adeeb]
[Vote: Twisted]

inb4bandwagononme
:D

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

vote twistedcake lul

Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

inb4bandwagononme

Grrrrrrr…….I’m almost close to voting your sorry asses.
Just….seriously? a bandwagon with no purpose but to kill someone who MAY be innocent? seriously?

Flag Post

(Adeeb)

you don’t usually FoS someone just because they mentioned a joke. FMPOV, the joke was recognizable

I’m not sure how many times I have to say that I didn’t interpret it as a joke. It seems that I’ll do so again.

Do you think baits are always inactive in FGF?

No, but the chances of one working when people are barely bothered to read is low enough for me to hesitate to use one.

I don’t like being called a terrible townie.

But I didn’t call you one? I mentioned that a townie would be terrible if he took Vara’s statement seriously. Are you claiming that you did?

I previously had a stance where my joke wasn’t easily interpretable?

“I guess you guys might be right, and exams are finally getting to me.”

While not exactly conceding that your joke could have been interpreted in other ways (I just realized this now), the comments on your playstyle had only one post to work off of, a post that included your joke.

The difference is apparent in case of a policy lynch. I’d be willing to, for example, lynch Wooneh in a mafia full of mostly inactives because of how she is likelier to show the same behavioral patterns regardless of alignment. Suspiciousness of someone is when you find a scumtell on someone and think that they are actually hiding something.

“I wouldn’t have mentioned that I’d be willing to test the theory out personally, yes?”

Claims that you are for the policy lynch.

“I also didn’t say that I am suspicious of you particularly”

Claims that you aren’t suspicious, which doesn’t matter because it’s a policy lynch. I’m still missing the point.

I am saying that it could also have been interpreted as a joke, and would likelier have been a joke in the context of the comment.

And with that possibility, is it weird that someone didn’t interpret it as a joke?

In that case, shouldn’t semantics be useful if someone is misinterpreting you somewhere?

Except I’ve already conceded that it could be interpreted as a joke. The way you argued with that section was that there was no other way to interpret the post besides the joke. It’s less like I’m misinterpreting you and more like you’re casting away the possibility of a misinterpretation. And then in later posts, you switch back and forth between that and the stance that a misinterpretation was possible, with fluctuating opinions on how likely that misinterpretation is.

Why you quote my struck through lines grah

Har.

easily interpretable as scumtells. I need to google Plato on that.

Plato dealt with scumtells?

I personally don’t find you a VI, if it makes you feel better.

I’m not sure when I said I felt bad.

I played Corrupted lololol

But I wasn’t referring to Corrupted.

Not LyLo?

They’re essentially the same thing.

and I kinda know most of the things that can set you off and make you unable to play the way you usually do, like exams, little voice in head, sickness cetera.

Just as a note, I feel that I’m in a normal state right now. In other words, nothing is distracting me right now and I can’t think of any reason why I should be playing strangely.

How would someone initiate the wagon on you, though?

I’m not saying that your statement alone would cause a lynch. Discussion would come first and provide whatever evidence could be conjured up. It may not sound like a very sound plan, but as I’ve said before, I did not see your post as a joke.

(Bluji)

[devourer359]

I’m not sure why you felt the need to post a summary of my actions.

(once again, without the context included, I don’t know why devourer find this funny)

Is it really that difficult to find the context yourself?

So far, my analysis of devourer359 shows that he has a very weird sense of humor, or he uses the word “funny” in way wrong places.

Funny has multiple meanings, of which I used to say “amusing” or “strange”. I don’t see the problem here. If it clarifies anything, I wasn’t laughing.

and I find no reason for that, especially on day 1.

Would applying an extreme amount of pressure on D1 not create discussion more easily than not? Is there a problem with playing aggressively?

(Jesters)

vote twistedcake lul

inb4bandwagononme

You’ve got to be kidding me.

(Silver)

Since you’re here, could you read through page 3 and post your opinions/responses?

Flag Post

Fucking sign.[If i can.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by ajx30009:

Fucking sign.[If i can.]

You happen to be on the Unspoken List of Users Banned From Vara’s Forum Games (ULUBVFG, name subject to modifications) for an unknown time period. This means that your [] sign has been rejected. Your position on the aforementioned list cannot be disputed until the end of this game. You can also not try sign up again for this game, and cannot post in this thread again before the game ends, as by FGF Guideline #2 and #3.

Thank you for your understanding.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

(Jask)

So I don’t like suspicious anymore or something? Why did you bother explaining your vote if you didn’t even explain why you unvoted?

(SE)

Because?

Also, do more pl0x.

(devourer)

I’m not sure how many times I have to say that I didn’t interpret it as a joke. It seems that I’ll do so again.

Okay. I am not sure you get this, but I said “FMPOV, the joke was recognizable”. In other words, when you asked me about your playstyle, I told you why I found your behavior strange, and mentioned that I found you finding my joke suspicious, which DID seem like a joke to me, strange.

No, but the chances of one working when people are barely bothered to read is low enough for me to hesitate to use one.

Mhm.

But I didn’t call you one? I mentioned that a townie would be terrible if he took Vara’s statement seriously. Are you claiming that you did?

You actually said:

(Devourer said, earlier)

Note that Vara’s statement said “at least one”, meaning that it’s a null tell in all directions. While I normally wouldn’t FoS someone for pointing this out, I doubt that you would make such a terrible townie.

My interpretation of what you said was: “Vara’s statement was a nulltell, and pointing it out is either a scumtell or a terribletownietell.” FMPOV, that makes it appear as if you are calling me a terrible townie.

While not exactly conceding that your joke could have been interpreted in other ways (I just realized this now), the comments on your playstyle had only one post to work off of, a post that included your joke.

Actually, when DAZ said:

(DAZ said, earlier)

Secondly, although I don’t play mafia much, I feel like AdeebNafees isn’t acting like his normal self.

That made me wonder for the first time if my joke being not as easily interpretable wasn’t only unique to you. That, and the fact that he was referring to my using a smiley that was supposedly one that I never used in the chat made me say what I said. I guess you are right, and the comment CAN be interpreted as a concession to “my joke wasn’t easily interpretable”.

Now I really think the exams are getting to me

Claims that you are for the policy lynch.

I am not sure what you mean. You were saying how my joke could be a scumtell, as an act of a scum trying to slip a wagon under the radar without being noticed for having actually done so. I was explaining that if I was scum, I wouldn’t have made it look like I was advocating the lynch, which I did in my original post.

Claims that you aren’t suspicious, which doesn’t matter because it’s a policy lynch.

I wasn’t going to support the policy lynch wagon, though. And I wasn’t suspicious of you either when I made that post that could be interpreted as me wanting to lynch you.

I am pretty sure there is more reason to policy lynch someone when there is a little bit of suspicion in your mind about the person too. I was mentioning that if I was scum, I wouldn’t be apparently advocating a lynch on you, and I didn’t have any suspicion whatsoever regarding you either when I made that post which would explain me, as a townie, advocating a lynch on you.

And with that possibility, is it weird that someone didn’t interpret it as a joke?

I guess I might have overestimated your sense of humor. I found it strange because it seemed like no one else misinterpreted it.

The way you argued with that section was that there was no other way to interpret the post besides the joke.

I think I was trying to argue why it could be interpreted as a joke, and from which angle, and why it was likelier to be one, not that there was no other way to interpret it.

And then in later posts, you switch back and forth between that and the stance that a misinterpretation was possible, with fluctuating opinions on how likely that misinterpretation is.

It is possible that your explanation of your behavior has satisfied me and allowed me to see how my joke can be misinterpreted.

Har.

Wutthe

Plato dealt with scumtells?

Not really.

(Plato said, way earlier)

In “Gorgias,” one of his Socratic Dialogues, Plato defines rhetoric as the persuasion of ignorant masses within the courts and assemblies. Rhetoric, in Plato’s opinion, is merely a form of flattery and functions similarly to cookery, which masks the undesirability of unhealthy food by making it taste good. Thus, Plato considered any speech of lengthy prose aimed at flattery as within the scope of rhetoric

I’m not sure when I said I felt bad.

Excuse me for thinking that you’d feel about being called a VI the same way that I would.

But I wasn’t referring to Corrupted.

My experience with Knoob Paranoia was in Corrupted, and that’s the only game I could remember where I saw that happen, and you were also in the game.

They’re essentially the same thing.

Depends on setting.

Just as a note, I feel that I’m in a normal state right now. In other words, nothing is distracting me right now and I can’t think of any reason why I should be playing strangely.

In other words, you want me to clarify if I consider your apparently strange behavior, as I termed it, a scumtell or not if you have no reason to be behaving strangely?

Yes, I guess I would consider that a scumtell, but I am not so sure about your strange behavior anymore.

Discussion would come first and provide whatever evidence could be conjured up. It may not sound like a very sound plan, but as I’ve said before, I did not see your post as a joke.

Mhm.

(Jesters)

I see wut you mean.

Flag Post

EBWOP: Bluji, you should post the other part of your post that you were talking about posting.

I’d like to comment on the whole thing.

Flag Post

Important announcement

As requested through whispers, Bluji has resigned from this game and will be replaced. However, since the reserve list divine soul reserve is empty, you’ll need to wait a little while before he gets replaced.

For clarity:

+ Bluji drops out of this game as per direct;
+ He will get replaced as soon as a reserve player signs up and receives his (Bluji’s) role;
+ Bluji will not get replaced by ajx.
+ The game will simply continue while waiting for a reserve player.

Edit: Bluji has been replaced by adv0catus.

Flag Post

I can replace Bluji.

Flag Post

Bluji has been replaced by adv0catus.

Flag Post

Vote Jaskaran until he bothers to respond to previous questions directed towards him and explains his position.

(Adeeb)

In other words, when you asked me about your playstyle, I told you why I found your behavior strange, and mentioned that I found you finding my joke suspicious, which DID seem like a joke to me, strange.

I somehow managed to miss the context to it in my response. My fault entirely.

FMPOV, that makes it appear as if you are calling me a terrible townie.

I didn’t mean “pointing it out” as in making a reference to it. I meant “pointing it out” as in seriously advocating it. In other words, misinterpretation of wording.

I am not sure what you mean.

Honestly, I have no idea now either. I feel as if I’ve lost my train of thought now in a chain of multiple misinterpretations.

I think I was trying to argue why it could be interpreted as a joke, and from which angle, and why it was likelier to be one, not that there was no other way to interpret it.

Perhaps this is just another case of annoying wording, but:

“Any reason not to believe that I wasn’t joking?”

This kind of implies that there is no reason to believe that you weren’t joking.

Excuse me for thinking that you’d feel about being called a VI the same way that I would.

Honestly, I would like to know if I was playing like a VI if I actually was, for a multitude of reasons that should be obvious enough to avoid mentioning.

Flag Post

vote twistedcake lul

inb4bandwagononme

Um, not sure where the context for this is…

Okay. I am not sure you get this, but I said “FMPOV, the joke was recognizable”. In other words, when you asked me about your playstyle, I told you why I found your behavior strange, and mentioned that I found you finding my joke suspicious, which DID seem like a joke to me, strange.

Recognising jokes on the internet is harder than in RL. At first glance, I thought that was a real interpretation; after anything more than a brief look, it seemed pretty dumb [and probably a joke] and I wouldn’t expect AN to miss something like that.

AdeebNafees, he’s close to voting Jask/Cowfriend because they’re randomly voting TwistedCakez.

Note that Vara’s statement said “at least one”, meaning that it’s a null tell in all directions. While I normally wouldn’t FoS someone for pointing this out, I doubt that you would make such a terrible townie.

My interpretation of what you said was: “Vara’s statement was a nulltell, and pointing it out is either a scumtell or a terribletownietell.” FMPOV, that makes it appear as if you are calling me a terrible townie.

Pretty sure he’s implying that [FHPOV, not a joke] that you could be a terrible townie, but he doubts it, so he believes you could be mafia. Read it again; that’s what I think. He doubts that you would be a such a terrible townie, so something different?

All this Corrupted Mafia Shenanigans

Not gonna participate in that.

(Jesters)

If Vara isn’t a bastard mod, then there are no jesters. So wtf are they doing?

Flag Post

What? After not posting for several days when we were having a whole page of discussion on page 3?

Anyways, the reason why I did a random vote is because retarded votes always bait lurkers into the thread because it’s a topic that’s so easy to latch on to and make yourself look like you’re doing something (hurr i’m Cpt. Obvious and randum voting is wrong).

Unvote twistedcake
Vote Silver for not contributing to anything else except the obvious.

Flag Post

(devourer)

I somehow managed to miss the context to it in my response. My fault entirely.

Why is it so disappointing when you admit your mistake Mhm.

I meant “pointing it out” as in seriously advocating it. In other words, misinterpretation of wording.

Actually, I also thought you meant that .-. I still stand by what I said about interpreting that as calling me a terrible townie, since your post seemed to accuse me of advocating the lynch.

Honestly, I have no idea now either. I feel as if I’ve lost my train of thought now in a chain of multiple misinterpretations.

I see.

This kind of implies that there is no reason to believe that you weren’t joking.

Actually, I was trying to know what your reason was for thinking that I was joking, since my post was, after all, FMPOV, likelier to be a joke than anything else. I couldn’t discover any reasons for considering my post to be considered more than just a joke ATM.

Honestly, I would like to know if I was playing like a VI if I actually was, for a multitude of reasons that should be obvious enough to avoid mentioning.

You aren’t, FMPOV. I can’t list reasons why anyone else could think so.

(DAZ)

Recognising jokes on the internet is harder than in RL.

=( It doesn’t usually go that way when other people joke.

after anything more than a brief look, it seemed pretty dumb [and probably a joke] and I wouldn’t expect AN to miss something like that.

Miss something like? The dumbness of a joke made by me?

AdeebNafees, he’s close to voting Jask/Cowfriend because they’re randomly voting TwistedCakez.

I want to know why he thinks that random voting is a scumtell ATM, if the drift wasn’t clear.

Wonder why you used my full name.

Pretty sure he’s implying that [FHPOV, not a joke] that you could be a terrible townie, but he doubts it, so he believes you could be mafia.

And I know that I am not a mafia, so therefore:

FMPOV, that makes it appear as if you are calling me a terrible townie.

He doubts that you would be a such a terrible townie, so something different?

I’ve been trying to explain that I was joking, haven’t I?

Not gonna participate in that.

DO EET

If Vara isn’t a bastard mod, then there are no jesters. So wtf are they doing?

Are you asking them that or what?

(CF)

What? After not posting for several days when we were having a whole page of discussion on page 3?

What are your thoughts on the discussion ATM?

Anyways, the reason why I did a random vote is because retarded votes always bait lurkers into the thread because it’s a topic that’s so easy to latch on to and make yourself look like you’re doing something (hurr i’m Cpt. Obvious and randum voting is wrong).

WTH wudge de hell r u baiting wit

What do you think about Jask also voting for Twisty?

Flag Post

Important Announcement

As the resign bandwagon is getting more support, Jaskaran2000 has resigned from this game too. This means we’ll need another reserve player.

The same terms count as the ones which counted for Bluji’s resignment:

+ Jaskaran drops out of this game as per direct;
+ He will get replaced as soon as a reserve player signs up and receives his (Jaskaran’s) role;
+ The game will simply continue while waiting for a reserve player.

Edit: Jaskaran2000 has been replaced by Hyped.

Flag Post

I’ll repl-

Just kidding.

But yeah, I just wanted to post so everyone knows I’m actually here. I’ve read through up to Vara’s announcement that I replaced Bluji. I don’t really have anything to add at this time, though.

Flag Post

(adv0)

I don’t really have anything to add at this time, though.

Do you mean that you don’t have the time to add anything or that you actually have nothing to add? Because there’s plenty to say and comment about. Starting off, it would be nice for you to reveal your stances on certain players, especially your opinion on the actions of Bluji, although miniscule.

(Silver)

Since you’re here, could you read through page 3 and post your opinions/responses?

I’m still waiting for a response to this. And until I get one, I’ll FoS Silver and agree with CowFriend that it’s suspicious for you to come in with only a small comment.

Flag Post

What do you think about Jask also voting for Twisty?

Oh yeah, I was gonna include this in my last post, but forgot: I don’t know what the heck he’s doing.

What are your thoughts on the discussion ATM?

too busy; didn’t read lol

Flag Post

Jaskaran2000 has been replaced by Hyped.

Flag Post

Important announcement

Re-bumping. Day 1 has lasted two and a half weeks already, and we still haven’t made progress. Since we’re about 4.1 meters behind snail Bob, I need to invoke a new activity rule. (AN: This is not a rule change because the rules already mentioned that more activity rules could be invoked.)

All alive players need to post at least once every real-life week.

Here are some clarifications about the new rule:
1. The first week starts counting from the time I made the rule; the following ones from your last post;
2. Nights do not count. For example, if you haven’t posted for 3 days, the night falls, you’d still have 4 days since dawn to post;
3. Modprods will be sent to inactive players.
4. This rule does not count after the game ends, dies, or gets locked. In addition, modprods may not be received when you mute Vara. ~Captain Obvious

Flag Post

Here comes Mr. Lurker. (Implying me, since I never posted since I replaced Jask.)

I guess I could say I was “contemplating” what to post. I’ve reread most/all of today’s discussion. From what my POV, I could conclude that it comes to this:

1) FOS’ing
2) Random Votes

I could be FOS’ing these Random Votes, but what’s the point? If I FOS’ed the Random Vote and said it was a scumtell, I would have no solid evidence as it could just be something to provoke discussion and to bring out an actual scumtell. But since there’s really nothing I see viable enough to consider a Scumtell, I’ll say that anyone could be scum (Obviously). I honestly don’t know what else I could say at this point in the game. But yeah, there’s my useless post to the discussion for the day.

[I really hope we catch up to Snail Bob. I would be disappointed to lose a race to a Snail. Speaking of Snails, Actually no. I have nothing to say about Snails.]