[Mafia] Shattered Soul (Finished) page 8 (locked)

321 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

AN, I’m listening. What SE’s saying is that he wasn’t actively checking the thread; that he didn’t check the last couple of pages because it was dying and so on.

But I still feel that it’s suspicious how he posts at these oppurtune times.

What is this “opportune” time you’re speaking of? He got modprodded, he checked the thread. This is pretty evident, seeing that Silver posted after Vara’s bump.

Things like he posts after Jask/TwistedCakez vote. Posting when we start actively attacking him.

Flag Post

AN, I’m listening. What SE’s saying is that he wasn’t actively checking the thread; that he didn’t check the last couple of pages because it was dying and so on.

What is this “opportune” time you’re speaking of? He got modprodded, he checked the thread. This is pretty evident, seeing that Silver posted after Vara’s bump.

Things like he posts after Jask/TwistedCakez vote. Posting when we start actively attacking him.

Again, those are mere coincidences.

Flag Post

Sorry for being inactive. I shall answer to Adeeb. If I missed any questions, just re post them, please.

What’s your stance on SE? Can you describe in your own words why you find him scummy?

Well, it changed as he started being more active. At first I thought he was lurking, trying to not draw any atention. But now he’s pretty much more active, so I have two theories.

1: He is scum and he’s trying to not look like lurking again.
2: He is inocent and he had a period of inactivity, like I just had for yesterday and today.

Acording to that, I shall unvote him and FoS Hyped, because he’s starting to look too stupid for me, maybe too much

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverEvil:

Again, those are mere coincidences.

Alright then. Let’s just say I’ll be watching for any more of these.

Unvote SE

Flag Post

Important Announcement

Since our player adv0catus is leaving too, we do, once again, need another reserve player. Maybe we will get a record of most requested replacements in a single FGF game someday? Who knows…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vara:

Important Announcement

Since our player adv0catus is leaving too, we do, once again, need another reserve player. Maybe we will get a record of most requested replacements in a single FGF game someday? Who knows…

Flag Post

To be honest I’m a bit suspicious of DAZ.

1. He picked on an inactive townie (Scum trying to get free lynch?)
2. when I defended myself he ignored what I had to say

Flag Post

You didn’t seem inactive. You were posting at oppurtune moments, as I said before. And I WAS listening. You were just saying it was all coincidence and so on.

Flag Post

You didn’t seem inactive. You were posting at oppurtune moments, as I said before. And I WAS listening. You were just saying it was all coincidence and so on.

By The way you acted it didn’t seem like you were listening

Flag Post

Everyone acts differently in mafias. That might just be how he acts. I act my way, you act yours and he acts his.

Flag Post

End-of-day Announcement

Ready or not, the day will end in 24 hours from now. It’s time to start casting your final votes.

Vote count:

• Hyped: 2 votes;
  • SilverEvil: 1 vote;
  • Behemoth542: 1 vote.

Voting scheme:

AdeebNafees → Hyped
CowFriend → SilverEvil
devourer359 → Hyped
Hyped → Behemoth542

Flag Post

Still waiting for those responses and comments, Silver. Do something constructive, please.

(DAZ)

Then how would you know how to post? I don’t really believe you.

Elaborate on what part of SE’s posts would require extensive knowledge of the thread.

(Adeeb)

He has played like this before as town.

It’s a little late to be asking, but citations, please?

Rephrase the bit after the comma?

Behemoth’s interest in ending day should be noted if the lynch seems too coincidental. While I would normally be suspicious of anyone for rushing day, even I’m getting tired of this day’s length. Nothing important is happening, I’m settled on my vote, and the duration is only causing me to forget all of my stances.

(T6)

Everyone acts differently in mafias. That might just be how he acts. I act my way, you act yours and he acts his.

Argument of the year. Please don’t take this comment seriously; I’m being sarcastic. And no, I will not explain my dislike of this statement.

Flag Post

Unvote Hyped, Vote DAZ. While I have been sus of Hyped for some time, I find DAZ’s persistent pressuring of SE and his rapid unvote the moment he got challenged twice pretty suspicious. Seems like he wasn’t too sure when he was voting in the first place, and was voting an inactive in order to get an easy lynch through. Part of me wants to associate his defense of Hyped as scumbuddying, but my gut doesn’t like the explanation.

Need to reread that bit.

@Devourer: Constructive stuff like?

I don’t have a lot to go upon. I mentioned BDVH earlier. Another one I can recall ATM, even though I didn’t exactly participate in that mafia (Facenub spammed me with ‘REED EET" PMs, so…): Star Trek Mafia. The resemblance isn’t striking, but note the RNG vote and the quick switch to NL, which FMPOV is a VI tell depending on the circumstances.

Apple Mafia is another game I came across when working on the mafia game archive (OT, but the ETA on this is positively massive). ‘Course, the game itself doesn’t say a lot since discussion went rock bottom, but the crossed-out bit after the ocelot vote seems like another VI tell to me. Haven’t got anything else.

I am not unsus of Hyped, but I find DAZ’ actions scummier.

Makes sense with the rephrased bit.

EDIT: Fixed the formatting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:

Ahem, may I just ask you something?

If I were to constantly pressure another mafia player and act ignorant while they give their case, wouldn’t I seem scummy?

Flag Post

Day is ending and I better cast a vote: Hyped, because counter-voting and because he’s looking just too much stupid

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

Day is ending and I better cast a vote: Hyped, because counter-voting and because he’s looking just too much stupid

Stupid or scummy?

Did you read my vote against DAZ? What is your comment on that?

Flag Post

(Adeeb)

Stupid or scummy?

Too stupid, so I think he’s scum trying to look stupid. So I could say that scummy

Did you read my vote against DAZ? What is your comment on that?

I read it and cannot tell what are his intentions. Probably, when we know who gets lynched and what he/she was, I’ll pay more attention to everyone’s posts.

Flag Post
Posted by Behemoth542:

Too stupid, so I think he’s scum trying to look stupid. So I could say that scummy

Since you’ve mentioned it twice, why would scum want to appear stupid? Conversely, did you see the links posted by me in my last to previous post? What do you make of them?

Posted by Behemoth542:

I read it and cannot tell what are his intentions. Probably, when we know who gets lynched and what he/she was, I’ll pay more attention to everyone’s posts.

“His”? I said read MY post. I am beginning to wonder whether you just saw the VC and voted for the guy with the highest number of votes. You don’t even sound confident with your vote on SE, saying “when we know who gets lynched”.

Also, what do you mean by paying attention to everyone else’ post when someone is lynched? You mean ATM you aren’t paying attention to anyone’s posts properly? FoS Behemoth. Feels shifty to me with his obvious OMGUS vote and apparent voting for voting’s sake.

Flag Post

End of day 1.

After the archeological army arrived at the village, a lot of interest was lost quickly. The discoveries were not as amazing as everyone expected them to be; some archeologists* even quitted the job and got others to take their place.

On the other hand, there were also some archeologists who were very intrigued by their findings. They did not want to share anything they found with the others. Despite this, everyone was busy with pretty much the same things: either books or bones.

Hyped, who was hired to be a doctor after the previous doctor left, was not as concerned with bones. Since there was pretty much no work to do for him, he spent his time walking through the village. Unknowingly, he did annoy a couple of archeologists*: it was pretty annoying how he could be pretty much everywhere in the village at any time, which was significantly inconvenient as they had to keep their work secret. Nobody told him that he was intrusive though—they didn’t have anything to hide after all.

At some point, Hyped decided to take a look at the other, destroyed, village nearby. He informed the other doctors* that he was leaving, but didn’t bother anyone else. The other village was at a considerable distance when walking, so he packed some water and some food before he left.

The forest between the two villages was healthy; the trees were green and old. There did grow some natural fruit (though he didn’t know whether it was edible.) The wildlife had declined though, because the forest was cut down not far from there.

The other village was, as he knew, entirely collapsed due to unknown reasons. He noticed that there were far more bones lying around here than back at Lycias. This made the other archeologists being so fussed up about their bones feel pathetic to him.

After looking around for some time, it began to get dark. He decided to return to Lycias. His trip back did, however, not go as smoothly. When he was about halfway, he encountered an animal which did not want to encounter: a bear! As fate would have it, the bear noticed him first…

It was known that there were bears around here; everyone was supposed to carry guns with them. When he wanted to draw his gun, he realized that he was careless enough to put the gun in his backpack instead of his pocked. This meant that he could only do what his natural instinct told him to do: run!

Of course, the bear ran faster than Hyped.

*This does not say anything about the players.

Final votes:

• Hyped: 2 votes;
  • Behemoth541: 1 vote;
  • DragonArcherZ: 1 vote;
  • SilverEvil: 1 vote.

Hyped got lynched; he was a doctor.

Night 1 begins now and will last 48 hours. Please send in your night actions if you have any.

Flag Post

Day 2

The doctors wondered why hyped took so long to return. Hyped was carrying a GPS device with him, but they did not recieve any signal from it. Did something happen to Hyped? The doctors were rather inquieted.

The night fell, and it began to storm. Most archeologists tried asleep, but some of them felt so hyperenergetic that they kept on studying through the night. This led to interesting discoveries: for example, somebody discovered that according to the book “Fundamentals of Archaeology: So You Think You Found A Dinosaur”, this actually were human bones. Not that anybody expected them to be dinosaur bones, but it is nice to have a definive answer to that issue. Of course, the other archeologists would need to do their own research to figure this out.

Another archeologist was reading though the archives of what used to be the town hall. He discovered that this town used to be named “Herrevald” and the other town was called “Astares”. These two towns used to be at war, so it seemed possible that this was the cause of destruction. Herrevald was probably the winner, as Astares was entirely destroyed unlike Herrevald. No dates were mentioned in the archives.

The remaining archeologists were asleep, or trying to sleep. Some of them slept in a tent, others slept in tome of the houses that were left in the village. Falling asleep was not that easy though; the heavy rain and the occasional lightning kept most of them awake. The lightning was rather close to the village, which was somewhat disquieting. At some point, the lightning hit the tent wherein Behemoth542 slept.

This was noticed significantly sooner than Hyped was noticed (whose death was not actually known yet.) It was noticed in a minute, actually: they heard a really loud lightning strike, looked outside if something happened, and then the other doctor, whose tent was rather close to Behemoth542’s one, noticed Behemoth542’s tent. Behemoth542 did not make it.

This was some really bad luck; one has more chance to win the lottery than to die by lightning. The entire expedition team was pretty shocked. Everyone who was sleeping in a tent moved to one of the houses for the night.

After this, no more work got done for the night, few fell asleep, and most were tired in the morning.

Behemoth542, a doctor, was NK’ed by the corrupted archeologists.

Day 2 begins now.

Flag Post

Alright. Gonna post soon; just updating Hellfire Tournament first.

Flag Post

Personal suspicion now goes to Adeeb and devourer for me. Sent in an action, but was notified of an interesting result.

Flag Post

Personal suspicion now goes to Adeeb and devourer for me. Sent in an action, but was notified of an interesting result.

What was this result?

Flag Post

I’m not allowed to say it.

Flag Post

CF is apparently claiming Doctor or Corrupted Archaeologist. Unless he is silly enough to claim scum when he is scum, I assume that he is directly claiming Doc.

I have no idea why he would get an interesting result if he invo’d me.

Still suspicious of DAZ, so I would like it if you explained yourself.