World Of Science [Game]

100 posts

Flag Post

Reserved For Lock

Flag Post

Introduction

The year was 2031, the Seattle Seahawks have won their first Superbowl and the world has reached political stability, albeit through the conquering of an alien race that now serves as the overlords of the planet once called Earth. It may seem negative, but in reality it was better for Earth.

With the new extra terrestrial kings, the humans were free to research and discover new technology in a joint union without the fear of war and global espionage. With the new era of peace, science was being used for things that many have only dreamed of. Disease was a thing of the past. Accidents were prevented by augmentations and micro-machines implanted into the human body. With these machines, even better technology was made.

The future was glorious! People could travel from one beautiful city to the next in an instant. Video games and television was more lifelike than life itself. Men and women of all age and race had their desires fulfilled. Each day promised new and useful products of science. The world was truly in full stride heading into the gates of happiness and prosperity, and contempt was no longer a word.

Happy with the outcome of there intervention, the alien race relinquished control of the planet, believing the human’s mature enough to handle a world without a government. Sure enough, the human race was.

What was was right is now wrong. What has come has now gone. The debate on what is clear and pure is not so sure. All promises become a lie. All that’s benign corrupts in time.
The time has come.

A group of scientists in Belarus have found a way to make AI on the same level of human intelligence. They succeeded, in creating artificial life installed into hardware powered by software, operating entire factories. This AI continued to make smarter, faster, stronger and more lifelike artificial beings, which they all continued on the process doing the same as their creator. The human race was observing evolution, first-hand, at a rate that was incomprehensible to most men of science. As these AI’s developed personality, and reasoning skills, it appeared to be a great success. The Belarus-native scientists were awarded with grants to further there research. Sadly, none of the scientists could attend the ceremony, being to busy with their work.

You, and a group of others have been tasked with delivering the money and awards. Normally it could be done without human transport, but the International Science Commune, oddly enough, holds the old fashioned values of before, that achievements and rewards should be solid, and met with a handshake rather than a pin number.

After a brief journey, your party has reached the scientific research facility where the Belarus have worked and lived for the past months. It is a large, not extravagant, but massive structure that’s exterior construction appears very industrial, setting it apart from the contemporary designs of 2031. As you enter through the lobby, you notice the lack of human greeting, it appears as if the entire laboratory is ran by computers. Nothing to strange considering their field of research. You continue along following the signs and directories until you reach the chief research lodging. Oddly enough the door is cracked ajar ever so slightly.

You enter, and instantly see the blood on the walls, smeared in the form of names and dates. Entrails, maggots ,and human corpses litter the linoleum floor. You turn around screaming, only to meet the site of a metallic serpent. You can only gaze for a second before it fires itself through your chest ,and snakes its way through the room, penetrating all of your colleagues. The last thing you see before the cold embrace of death is a host of yellow, spherical lights in the darkness.

You awake, covered in sweat, in a pure cloak of black. Standing in a hurry and turning on your light mechanism, you see you were in your bed, in your home, in the city of Seattle. Must of only been a dream, yet it felt so real.

Chapter 1-World Of Science-
/end

Flag Post

Living

1. John Orin (overfrost)
2. Daniel Stark (Kipdon)
3. Michael Müller (Taiboss)
4. Nicholas Xenophone (Underlord)
5. Bob McDonald (efar)
6. Vladimir Svende (VoodooCoffeeMan)
7. Emilie A Kozlow (vixenated)

Flag Post

Deceased

None

Flag Post

After waking up and processing your dream, or vision, whatever it was. You decide to catch a glimpse of the city you call home before resting yourself into a slumber. As you peer out your bedside window, you notice the bright lights of the skyline are brighter than usual, and not they are not the calming green that you have grown to acknowledge as the norm. Upon further investigation, it is evident that a massive fire is brewing in downtown Seattle.

After spotting the source of the inferno, Century Link Stadium, you look to the streets. Cars are flipped and small blazes encompass the terrain. People are violently mingling in the streets, shops are being looted and innocent bystanders are being killed as collateral damage to what appears to be a massive riot. Although the riot is an unorganized congregation of intoxicated sports fans, it still seems to have some odd pattern to it. Maybe it would be safer to sleep through this, or would it be better to take to the streets? Only time will tell.

Flag Post

Name: Daniel Starke
Sex: Male
Brief Bio: “Died” from a severe heart attack. Body was stolen and fitted with a makeshift bionic heart experiment.
Physical Characteristics: Medium length brown/blonde hair, green eyes. Skin is dry and partially discolored.
Heads Or Tails: Heads

I search the room for anything that could be used for self-defense.

Flag Post

[You don’t need to repost your sign-up sheet. Just put your name at the top of the post in bold.]

Daniel Starke
You search the room for anything that you could use to defend yourself. The most logical bet would be to check the kitchen. After a minute of rummaging you find a cleaver. May be hard to use in a nonlethal fashion, but it should serve as a good tool for self defense.

Flag Post

Bob McDonald
You hurriedly search for your secret research hiding place throw out the research and hide in it yourself. You do indeed fit.

Flag Post

Emilie

The scene which unfolded before my eyes was just as horrible as my nightmare, and it had me paralyzed in front of the window. I didn’t move for quite some time, until it hit me. My father was called into work late, some emergency popped up and it was mandatory that everyone showed up. He had said his goodbye after dinner, leaving me to watch TV by myself yet again. But what if he didn’t make it back?

“Dad!?” I ran to his “cell” as he often called it, almost tripping on my own two feet as I exited the room. “Dad, are you home?”

There was no reply.

Flag Post

Daniel Starke
Having found the cleaver, I head outside to see if I can’t rustle up something amidst all the havoc.

Flag Post

Bob McDonald
As you rush to your top secret storage center you quickly stuff your research in, and as you go to follow it into the chamber you hit a solid wall bringing you back to reality. You have no storage center for your research. You live in a basic Seattle apartment. Maybe your research is driving you into insanity. Maybe there is more of a riot in your own mind then within the streets of Seattle.

Emilie
As you wait, on edge, hoping to hear a reply you are confronted with only the sound of the news report on the television. As all the thoughts of where he could be rush through your head, you are startled by a loud noise. As the noise repeats itself you realize that it is somebody beating on your door.

Flag Post

Emilie

“One second!”

I scramble to the kitchen to grab a knife. My father had a key, obviously, so he wouldn’t have had an issue getting in. This person, however, was probably some lowlife looking to ruin someone else’s day.

“Who is it?” I ask, standing a few feet away from the front door, holding the knife behind my back.

Flag Post

Bob McDonald
(um this is a conformation but because I have nanobots that increase my reflexes and let me do advanced math in my head would I essentially be pretty good at martial even with no training?) I go into the streets careful not to be seen and look for a reasonable person to ask what is going on.

Flag Post
Originally posted by efar:

Bob McDonald
(um this is a conformation but because I have nanobots that increase my reflexes and let me do advanced math in my head would I essentially be pretty good at martial even with no training?) I go into the streets careful not to be seen and look for a reasonable person to ask what is going on.

You may have the mental coordination, but your body may not be talented enough for advanced maneuvers. Further augmentations in your future would be beneficial.

Emilie
The voice at the door hesitates for a few seconds. Finally, it nervously states, “It’s Erik. I am your Dad’s colleague. Just let me in, I need to tell you something.”
After finishing his sentence he bangs on the door some more and begins fidgeting with the doorknob. You may not have long before he barges in.

Flag Post

Emilie

Erik… The name didn’t sound familiar at all, but then again, I wasn’t a big fan of their work to begin with. But apparently he knew I had a father, and that we lived together. Hopefully this guy was being honest.

“Yes?” I open the door, quickly tucking the knife into my waistband with the other hand.

Flag Post

John Orin
“Great a riot”. I say disdainfully as I look out the window. “Better grab a weapon this riot won’t stop itself”. I walk out of my bedroom and grab the closest thing that I can use as a weapon, A large metal Flashlight. “Good enough”. I say as I walk out the front door.

Flag Post

Emilie
Before you stands a group of men, standing in an arrow with a large man standing closest to you. The lead man, “Erik”, has a large beard draping down to his neck, and his face adorns a bionic left eye, shining a bright blue, contrasting with his natural eye, which is an incredible dark and beady shade of brown. He stands, his head nearly level with the tall door frame. A quick approximation places his height at around 6’8.

The large man slowly moves towards you before talking, “I assume you will be polite and offer me a seat. Won’t you?”

John
You walk out of your apartment door and see a brawl taking place within your very hallway. The fight is blocking the stairwell, but thankfully the pathway to the elevator is clear.

Flag Post

John
I walk towards the elevator and press the call button.

Flag Post

Emilie

My pulse spikes to record level upon fully acknowledging the men standing in front of me. Nothing had ever prepared me for this, not eBooks, or my father, or anything.

“Yes, come in,” I manage to reply, carefully backing up so they don’t notice the knife that’s half tucked into my pajama pants. Maybe I would have had a fighting chance if it was just Erik, since none of them had weapons that were visible to me, but going against a group this big wasn’t the smartest idea at the moment.

“Is my father okay?”

Flag Post

John
The elevator opens and reveals a naked man passed out in the corner. You should probably just ignore him.

Emilie
As the men, all of them, walk into the apartment you begin to realize how small you are in comparison to each one of them. One of them even has a large bite of missing flesh from his calf. The wound appears fresh.

Acknowledging your question, the large man, Erik, responds, "He should be, but he told me and my friends here to look out for you and the house.

Flag Post

John

I walk into the elevator and press the button to go down to the ground floor.

Flag Post

Emilie

Something wasn’t right. My father would never send strangers to our home, people whom I didn’t know. If I could play it off as if I believed him, maybe I could make a quick call to the lab.

“Alright. I need to inform him you guys made it here in one piece, make yourselves comfortable.”

I try not to break eye contact, but the gash on one of the men’s calf makes me cringe on the spot.

“I’ll bring out some drinks momentarily for any of you that are thirsty.”

Flag Post

John
After descending in the elevator you reach the ground floor.*

Emilie
As you make your way over to the telephone you hear the front door open again. Should you spend any time to see who it is, or rush for the phone. Whatever you decide, something tells you that you don’t have long.

Flag Post

John

“What the F***”? I say when I see a mass of people fighting around the floor. I hold my flashlight in my bionic arm, grab a man that I just saw throw another man to the ground and slam my flashlight against his head.

Flag Post

Emilie

Maybe they were leaving… Yes, that had to be it. They figured I knew about their little scam and would take leave now before facing up to their wrongdoing. I arrive at the kitchen, and pick up the tiny headpiece without hesitation.

“Dad’s office.”

The line goes straight to voicemail.

“Try again.”

I’m met by the same message, and I slam the damn thing down in frustration. Without much reasoning, I grip the knife and bring it down to my side, making my way to the living room to either die fighting, or stand in the room all by myself.