Dragon Ball Z Topic Locked, real game released. page 10 (locked)

528 posts

Flag Post

I read the new rules and I like it. But here’s a question?

Do you think a roll of 100 should be unblockable/uncounterable/undodgeable.
And possibly like 1.5x damage? (which would on average be 7 + (7/2 = 3.5) = 10.5 (rounded down = 10 damage)
Also possibly the side effect of either stunning someone, or taking away 1 energy. (Either of the two)
Does that sound good?

Flag Post

…Jimbo, I thought Darkour was supposed to be slow and strong? The faster your character is the weaker. You sure you want these traits? Your power level is to low to have a strong and fast character.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

I read the new rules and I like it. But here’s a question?

Do you think a roll of 100 should be unblockable/uncounterable/undodgeable.
And possibly like 1.5x damage? (which would on average be 7 + (7/2 = 3.5) = 10.5 (rounded down = 10 damage)
Also possibly the side effect of either stunning someone, or taking away 1 energy. (Either of the two)
Does that sound good?

You just did two things, you made the game A LOT better and you gave me more work…. THANKS! :B (lol, buck teeth)

Another thing! When you are supposed to round a five you round up not down.

Flag Post

I actually have a lot of ideas, but some of them can wait for after beta. (Though I do think the starting power levels should be at 100 for later formulas)

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZombiestookmyTV:

…Jimbo, I thought Darkour was supposed to be slow and strong? The faster your character is the weaker. You sure you want these traits? Your power level is to low to have a strong and fast character.

He would have two forms. A high defense, high attack, low speed, and a high attack, low defense, and high speed.

Flag Post

A normal human power level is around 3. A power level of 100 is about 35 humans. Can the streangth of thirty five humans lift up a car and throw it at a building?….no… I think everyone should start at two hundred, but I guess it will be easier to keep track off…. Oh I am so at war right now with myself. I need suggestions. Do you really think we should start at 100? Every match you win gives you _ points.

Flag Post

I say we start at 300. (This was Piccolo’s powerlevel at the start of DBZ.)
Also, Darkour has very poor ki manipulation skills, to balance it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jimbo14:

I say we start at 300. (This was Piccolo’s powerlevel at the start of DBZ.)
Also, Darkour has very poor ki manipulation skills, to balance it.

What do you think Gamma? 100 OR 300?

Flag Post

I was thinking more formula wise though. Like on average your health = (X + P + (PL/(10 – B)

X = Starting Hp
P = Perks
PL = Power level
B = Body
Note: Of course this is just a formula I made up on the fly and shouldn’t necessarily be the true average formula XD

Flag Post

250 or 300 will be fine. :)

Flag Post

kay? Do you want to continue your fight with Jimbo?

Flag Post

Yes I do :D (what do you think about the formula above by the way?)

Flag Post

[Where did we leave off?]

Flag Post

Page 4: I used my human bomb move. (you didn’t roll for damage yet)

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

Yes I do :D (what do you think about the formula above by the way?)

I think it SUCKS! I HATE MATH! we can use it, but then I will have to make SPECIFIC stats for everyone that I hate doing, like Hp, Def, Sped, Mana ki , AND IMAGINE THE LEVEL UPS! Hp+1. Def+2-. Is that what you are saying?

Flag Post

Mana…MANA….ITS KI GODDAMNIT!

Flag Post

There I fixed it.. YOU HAPPY NOW!

Flag Post

Well i’m more saying that stats are based around the power level and your body type. Basically you’d have an average formula. and depending on the body type you’d alter it slightly. (Certain stats can be linked) then you just add equipment/perks to everything and you’re done. :P (Can you roll for my special damage now? :D)

Flag Post

I edited Darkour.

Flag Post

Gamma’s turn

4 energy points plus one equals 5 energy points

Hp 90 minus 20 equals 70 Hp…. (C’mon Gammaflux, think of a stragety, you are faster and smaller more nimble than him, use it to your advantage.)

0 meters away from Darkour.

Darkour

0 energy points.

Hp 87

Constricting Gamma, 0 meters away.

Flag Post

Name: Hangman

Perks: Shadow Veil (has a shadowy aura surrounding him that makes it difficult for his opponents to see him when they are in the aura’s reach)

Physical Traits: Pale White skin, One of his arms has a sword instead of a hand

Energy: Circle shaped, fires in straight line and explodes on impact Colour: White

Special Traits:
Vanish: support Can teleport “X” meters away. (i’ll allow FM to decide distance)
Shadow Double: support Creates a clone of himself to attack enemies
Fatal Blow rush Focuses on the enemy and stabs them with his sword arm in their weak spot, causing critical damage

Flag Post

Gamma mutters the words “Human, Bomb.” and latches onto Darkour, hopefully to stop him from escaping.

Flag Post

Name: Darkour

Perks: Roaring Strength: Darkour does more damage with non-special/rush moves. (CQC)

*Physical Traits: Darkour is a large bipedal creature with sharp claws affixed to his two arms. Large spikes emerge from his shoulders serving as a weapon. Upon his head a thick based but short and stout horn rests. His feet are balanced by 4 clawed toes on each foot that face off in all directions. His knee caps also have small spikes on them. The most powerful weapon of his body is a long tail that is split into to 5 seperate points, similar to a Cat ‘O’ Nine Tails.

Special Traits:

Lazer Barrage: Special: Darkour fires his lazers from his tail in a powerful barrage at the opponent.

Maximize: Support: Dakour undergoes a transformation that increases his attack, size, and defense at the expense of speed. Similar to that of a Saiyan.

Heavy Shell: Support: Darkour’s armor strengthens raising his defense, physical attack, and lowers his speed, making him very difficult to injure.

Laser Barrage : Good, you can only use it 5 to 35 meters. Requires 4 energy points.

Maximize : Goody, this move requires 5 energy points.

Heavy Shell ONE energy point.This move makes you almost IMPERVIOUS to any attack, but lasts for one turn. How ever you lose sight of your target and can’t move.

Flag Post

[That is not at all how I intended Heavy Shell. I may change it completely now..]

Flag Post

[That is not at all how I intended Heavy Shell. I may change it completely now..]

You could suggest increasing the energy cost of Heavy shell (maybe to 3?) so you don’t lose sight of your opponent and such.