Activity Encouragement Mafia (End-Game) page 4 (locked)

317 posts

Flag Post

(Vixen)

I’m voting him because I find him suspicious, Jask.

Elaborate, can’t you? Why is his behavior likely to be that of a scumdude?

(Walford)

Well, REAL hasn’t confirmed and Efar is being voted off because his eagerness to lynch cow.

Don’t just state the incidents in an off-hand way. What are your interpretations of these?

Until I see anything happening then I vote no lynch

How does that help town?

(CF)

lolol let’s lynch anyone who doesn’t answer your questions

lolcan’tsayifserious

(Jask)

It has happened before, and other people don’t get suspicion for doing it, only example of getting suspicion on themselves due to making the RNG is me (on kong anyway)

WRE must have hurt you with a heated stake or something. I’ve never seen you get unwanted suspicion in any other game for making an RQS.

so, I’ve reached the conclusion people only do it because they hate me.

Personal vendetta has no place in a mafia. I’ve stated this to the point where it feels stupid saying it again. It is like insulting people’s intelligence.

I would like to avoid any stupid suspicions on me so we can focus on scummy behavior, rather than that.

K.

People who answered in a suspicious way would get about the same about of suspicion as the ones who partly answered questions, I’d like to think, would only make sense.

Glad to see you agree.

YOU phrase it better.

“Number of questions answered and our suspicion of you are inversely proportional.”.

[Explanation of mentioning RNG]

Defensive much

So you consider RNG votes declared openly as less scummy than a random vote based on, say, someone’s avatar/imaginary friends/joke vote?

You do realize lynches are one of townie’s main weapons? Why the hell would you vote no lynch rather than not vote at all? Please answer the questionaire, as well as post your opinions on the current matter than just saying a simple line. Voting for no lynch will only hurt town, in my opinion, thus, [FoS: Walf]

walford is jumpy with his NL vote, as far as I know him, which is why I am not as suspicious of him for the vote. You probably haven’t seen him play before, ever, so it makes sense.

Jester-like playstyle

Do you find that scummy or a jester-tell? How do you differentiate between jester-like behavior and scummy behavior?

Even though being town-sided, I believe mafia will win, this is so because a lot of mislynches are going to happen, speaking from my little experience, though I’d say the chances that town wins are 35%, really. But that’s just speaking from my lil exp.

Makes sense. Mislynches can carry town south way faster than the PRs can cushion the fall.

(RiM)

EDIT: Okay that was weird…

Use Blockquotes instead of Linequotes when you are quoting multi-line text. This goes <blockquote>Paragraph Paragraph</blockquote>

(Jask)

EBWOP: In the meanwhile; I will [Unvote: RIM] because he is willing to contribute, and I doubt that vote changed anything.

It was supposed to change what?

(RiM)

You’re all guilty until proven innocent to me.

What are you innocent tells? The opposite of town tells?

Well… not posting then jumping on the bandwagon would be most scummy looking to me.

AKA Lurking and then Bandwagoning? Would the nature of a bandwagon, such as, say, one which is backed by a pretty large amount of suspicious, change your stance on this scumtell?

(walf)

1. Now that depends on the Mafia, you’re playing at the time. Every Mafia is different.

Well said. No general behavior that makes you suspicious though?

It’s very rare for people to vote off Mafia on the first day.

Not necessarily, though.

So I’ll answer this one later on if I’m still here.

“If I am still here”?

3. Depends again. Don’t want to spam.

As long as you post relevantly, it is as far removed from spam as we need it to be.

See No. 2 on why I voted no lynch because I don’t want to kill off town.

Why so sure that you will definitely kill off town?

(Vixen)

It could be any of the two, honestly, but I guess my eagerness to play the game overshadowed the obvious.

LYNCHLYNCHLYNCH

IC.

I’m torn now, about what I should do, and the lack of sleep I’ve had for these past few days aren’t helping.

Go to sleep and come back here tomorrow and post actively mentioning what you find sus?

(Jask)

If you don’t want to kill off town, then don’t vote, voting no lynch is purely a stupid action in a forum mafia.

Why is not voting better than voting no lynch?

Flag Post

Bluji’s Mafias, My Mafias and loads more Mafias.

Ok, some roles you do find out other peoples roles, but not straight away. At the very begining of the Mafia you only know one role.

It’s normally night 1 when someone can find out another persons role. Only if that person has got that role.

Flag Post

Walford:

Well, REAL hasn’t confirmed and Efar is being voted off because his eagerness to lynch cow.

Don’t just state the incidents in an off-hand way. What are your interpretations of these?

How does that help town?

1. Now that depends on the Mafia, you’re playing at the time. Every Mafia is different.

Not necessarily, though.

“If I am still here”?

As long as you post relevantly, it is as far removed from spam as we need it to be.

Flag Post

[AN]

WRE must have hurt you with a heated stake or something. I’ve never seen you get unwanted suspicion in any other game for making an RQS.

One or two others were there, complicated was one that immediately comes to my mind, the other I don’t remember so well.

Personal vendetta has no place in a mafia. I’ve stated this to the point where it feels stupid saying it again.

Even if you keep saying it again and again, it does not change the fact that some people, indeed, do make personal vendetta have a place in a mafia.

It is like insulting people’s intelligence.

Since when did you have intelligence

So you consider RNG votes declared openly as less scummy than a random vote based on, say, someone’s avatar/imaginary friends/joke vote?

No, I only stated that I find RNG votes openly declared less scummy than votes later said to be RNG. I believe random vote based on someone’s avatar, imaginary friends, or a joke vote is of the same scummy level (if any), as a RNG vote.

You probably haven’t seen him play before, ever, so it makes sense.

I still find it incredibly stupid.

Do you find that scummy or a jester-tell? How do you differentiate between jester-like behavior and scummy behavior?

Jester-like behavior is what I’d believe to be simply explained as, SI-ish behavior. The question was asking “in general”, thus meaning that it didn’t include bastard mafias, and jesters are only found in bastard mafias.

It was supposed to change what?

Start discussion, which it may have somewhat did, but I don’t consider a small portion of a post containing it discussion.

Why is not voting better than voting no lynch?

No lynches will only make town lose a person, why lynching actually has chances of getting mafia to die, if you just keep no lynching, town will lose. I don’t see a reason to vote for no lynch rather than not vote.

[Walf]

Ok, some roles you do find out other peoples roles, but not straight away. At the very begining of the Mafia you only know one role.

Actually, you do.

Flag Post

[AN]

What are you innocent tells? The opposite of town tells?

Sorry I don’t understand what any ‘(insert word here) tell’-s mean. Can you please explain?

AKA Lurking and then Bandwagoning? Would the nature of a bandwagon, such as, say, one which is backed by a pretty large amount of suspicious, change your stance on this scumtell?

1. Yes, that’s what I meant.
2. Yes, it would change my stance on that scumtell.

Flag Post

EBWOP: Urrrghh I suck at coding shit. xP

Flag Post

[RIM]

Sorry I don’t understand what any ‘(insert word here) tell’-s mean. Can you please explain?

It’s like, they explain what they are. A scumtell would mean that due to this-this sentence, that person is scummy. A towntell would mean that due to this-this, this person is town and so on and so forth.

Flag Post

Status Update

Vote Count

No Lynch (1): walfordking
Not Voting (8): adv0catus, vixenated, CowFriend, efar, AdeebNafees, Behemoth542, Jaskaran2000, REALinsanemonkey

With 9 people, 5 people voting are needed for a lynch. There are about 64 hours left before the standard deadline. If 5 people are not voting by this deadline, the deadline will be extended.

Other Info

• Everyone has confirmed.
  • Omigosh, people are actually posting. I should stay up to 2:00 AM more often.
  • Behemoth, efar, and adv0catus have not posted since the last status update. While I won’t be sending a modprod, I expect more, especially considering that their only other posts have been mostly unsubstantial.

Flag Post

(Jask)

One or two others were there, complicated was one that immediately comes to my mind, the other I don’t remember so well.

I didn’t play Complicated, which might explain. You were scum in there, though, I believe. And didn’t you vote for yourself eventually?

Even if you keep saying it again and again, it does not change the fact that some people, indeed, do make personal vendetta have a place in a mafia.

:(

Since when did you have intelligence

Should have remembered that we define intelligence differently

I believe random vote based on someone’s avatar, imaginary friends, or a joke vote is of the same scummy level (if any), as a RNG vote.

OIC.

If I said that I RNG’d and got a vote on you, what would be your reaction? This is directed at all players, not just Jask.

I still find it incredibly stupid.

Stupid or scummy?

Jester-like behavior is what I’d believe to be simply explained as, SI-ish behavior. The question was asking “in general”, thus meaning that it didn’t include bastard mafias, and jesters are only found in bastard mafias.

Ooooooh.

But wouldn’t that kind of behavior sometimes be shown by VIs too?

Start discussion, which it may have somewhat did, but I don’t consider a small portion of a post containing it discussion.

There wasn’t a lot to go upon there.

I don’t see a reason to vote for no lynch rather than not vote.

Both are equally bad for town health. Why suggest it to walf, then?

(RiM)

EBWOP: Urrrghh I suck at coding shit. xP

You know you can fix the formatting of your posts, right? If you couldn’t, my posts in Prison Mafia would have been unreadable.

Flag Post

[Adeeb]

You were scum in there, though, I believe. And didn’t you vote for yourself eventually?

Even though that is completely unrelated (alright, not completely, but a lot) to what we’re discussing, but yes, I did. I still did get suspicion on myself due to the RNG I made, though, saying it means I have an “over-involvement” in the game, and only scum would do that.

If I said that I RNG’d and got a vote on you, what would be your reaction?

Immediate OMGUS vote retaliation.

Stupid or scummy?

Stupid, but scum might try to act stupidly, so I guess both?

But wouldn’t that kind of behavior sometimes be shown by VIs too?

Yes, it would.

There wasn’t a lot to go upon there.

True, a failure on my part.

Both are equally bad for town health. Why suggest it to walf, then?

No lynch is still a simple waste of a vote, and is just a vote for the sake of voting, which I find stupid.

You know you can fix the formatting of your posts, right?

You can?

Flag Post

AN:

Uuurgh, well that sucks, but… whatever.

Flag Post

(Jask)

I still did get suspicion on myself due to the RNG I made, though, saying it means I have an “over-involvement” in the game, and only scum would do that.

Looking at the mafia, though:

Excerpts from Complicated:

(Zzzip, before voting Jask)

I think it’s better if we just lynch him, if he is Jester, then he just wins and it won’t have too large of an impact, but what if he is scum. Then we die.

(Wii said when accusing Jask)

For making a questionnaire. It shows an over-involvement in the game, which could be seen as suspicious.

(Jask, putting up a list of nearly half the players in game)

Why haven’t you answered my survey? @all these people

(BC, voting Jask)

See, we’ve just been informed that you’re a known post editor. And then you’re trying to make it look as though I edited my post, which I did not. Voting Jaskaran.

(Pulsaris, pushing the wagon on)

I’m wondering, given Jask’s playing style, why he didn’t do an OMGUS vote. Something’s fishy here.

(Jask, after voting Pulsaris)

Retard is bandwagoning just by quoting some shitty opinion and saying that’s a fact.

(SE voting Jask)

oooh oh high and mighty jaskaran how can we live without your opinions/votes
we can live without this Vote Jaskaran

(Bluji, after voting Jask)

This vote is purely based on the fact that Jask is annoying. I can’t stand watching his kilometer-long posts which consists of the following: Elaborate Please.

(Jask, after voting Zzzip)

You’re annoying. I don’t see how you would help to find scum.

I dunno if you see what I am trying to show you here, but you better. You didn’t get lynched because of your questionaire. You got lynched because you were damnably annoying with your “Elaborate please” on anyone who bothered to answer it.

(Jask)

Immediate OMGUS vote retaliation.

IC.

Food for thought here:

(Jask said in Complicated, about RNG votes)

But what if a person declares a vote a RNG vote even if it is not actually a RNG vote and a way to hide his scummy actions?

Basically, it isn’t scummy when you do it?

Stupid, but scum might try to act stupidly, so I guess both?

How do you differentiate?

Yes, it would.

So you would be willing to consider Vi-tells as scumtells?

No lynch is still a simple waste of a vote, and is just a vote for the sake of voting, which I find stupid.

Not to mention scummy.

You can?

If your post is unreadable or makes no sense.

Flag Post

Just explain to me why people say it’s a wasted vote if you No lynch. Not voting is as Scmmy as a no lynch.

Let me explain things. If we do vote for someone, then 9 times out of 10 its townie on the first day.

Then night 1 comes, then another townie is dead, only if the Mafia PM the host.

Then day 2 comes and the town is 2 down already. So what’s wrong with a No lynch?

Flag Post

Walford:

Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

Walford:

How does that help town?

Not necessarily, though.

“If I am still here”?

Flag Post

Off topic question, how do you create the quote parts?

Flag Post

[Behe]

how do you create the quote parts?

As adeeb stated earlier, you may do

<blockquote>Paragraph Paragraph</blockquote>

, or you could do it like this:

bq. post

Flag Post

[AN]

You didn’t get lynched because of your questionaire.

I said I wanted to avoid any suspicion and/or votes on me due to the questionaire, I never stated being lynched.

Basically, it isn’t scummy when you do it?

Opinions tend to change, sooner or later.

How do you differentiate?

I don’t.

So you would be willing to consider Vi-tells as scumtells?

As long as the person in question isn’t new to mafias, if he/she is, then it’d be a 50-50 conflict in my mind.

[Walf]

If we do vote for someone, then 9 times out of 10 its townie on the first day.

Where the hell are you getting these “statistics” from.

So what’s wrong with a No lynch?

The thing that we had a chance to hit mafia, but we didn’t because we decided to “play it safe”, if you want to win, you have to risk things.

Flag Post
As adeeb stated earlier, you may do

Like this?

EDIT: Yay! It worked! Anyway, now I feel comfortable enough to answer any questions anyone of you have.

Flag Post

[Beh]

EDIT: Yay! It worked! Anyway, now I feel comfortable enough to answer any questions anyone of you have.

10. Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).

Second time this rule’s been broken today.

Flag Post

In the meanwhile, behemoth, please provide your opinions on the matters that have taken place until now, even if not specifically aimed at you.

And please answer AN’s question here:

Flag Post

(Jask)

Second time this rule’s been broken today

Ups, sorry, forgot about that rule. Think that I should read them again

Flag Post

[Behe]

Why are you avoiding the question? Seeing as you were active, and clearly read my posts.

Flag Post

(Jask)

I don’t like to double post, that’s why.

If the question is the RNG one, then the answer is that I’d start paying more atention to that player actions.

Flag Post

Am I missing something? I keep seeing the status update, and I’m under ‘Not Voting’. Unless my vote doesn’t count because I’m a female…

Jokes aside, efar hasn’t defended himself. What do you all make of that?

Flag Post

lolcan’tsayifserious

I’m disappointed in you, Adeeb. After our long relationship, you still can’t tell when I’m joking or not.

@Jask

I never stated that they should be lynched. They should just be higher priority lynch candidates in the case there are no scumtells.

lolno. RQS has no real standing on deciding the lynch candidate. Someone who answers it has equal chance to be a scum than someone who doesn’t. Examples: Your Q1 doesn’t help finding scums since you can answer it with past mafia knowledge. In Q2, stating that scums are more likely to win also doesn’t make you a scum as long as you provide specific examples to support it (instead of going “lolol scums gon win”).

You shouldn’t be using the fact that some people don’t do RQS to initiate a lynch, because there’s no reason for a scum to not do it/to do it.