Activity Encouragement Mafia (End-Game) page 9 (locked)

317 posts

Flag Post

Posting to fill in the requirment for today.(its a morning over here.)

Flag Post

Night 2

Night 2 has started.

The group turned to the victim of the previous lynch victim’s frenzy immediately after discussion had started. He had been the one to announce that the man should die. He had been the one to rile them up. He was the one to blame. In other words, he was the scapegoat. The majority of the crowd instantly agreed that he should be the next victim, almost as quickly as they had agreed with the very same person that the other deranged man should be lynched.

Paxton saw nothing but foolishness in their choice, but to go against their will was to stand out. And to stand out was to become a new possible lynch, as proven by their current situation. Reluctantly, he had to follow the crowd in order to preserve his life. Joining the chant for murder, Paxton joined the group in surrounding the man, pushing the victim towards the wall.

Obviously, the victim attempted to argue his case. He flung everything he could at them. Accusations of hypocrisy, madness, and idiocy shot out at the crowd endlessly. And even though the man was obviously desperate to save himself, his demeanor appeared strangely calm. Perhaps he knew that he was innocent. Perhaps he had lost hope in the crowd. Paxton was probably jumping to conclusions when he assumed the man’s innocence, but he had absolutely no reason to suspect him.

And with no reason, the lynch predictably provided no resulted. He melted away, and not a change had occurred.

Behemoth542 has died. He was a Vanilla Townie.

You have 48 hours to send in your night actions. The Night will end either after all PM’s arive or after the deadline, whichever comes first. No discussion relevant to the mafia may happen in-thread during Night.

Flag Post

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah well. It was fun while it lasted. I’ll still be checking this thread to see who wins. Thanks for the good game and hope the town wins :D

Flag Post

I realize that this is late. My bad.

Day 3

Day 3 has started.

Soon afterwards, darkness enveloped the room, and after a brief moment of panic, a distorted scream echoed across the room, cutting off any words of worry. The lights flashed back on, and a disfigured mess was left on the ground. It was impossible to tell who it was, but it was obvious that it used to be human. A medicinal kit was left, lying ominously undamaged in the grotesque mess, but it quickly burst into flames and dissipated into ashes the instant Paxton noticed it.

Unnerved, Paxton kicked the corpse into the wall, watching as it soothingly melted into oblivion. A pale liquid oozed out of the dying skin, but disintegrated, as slowly as the body. The group watched the process for what seemed like an eternity. Perhaps they could have been doing something better with their time. But only one thought lingered in Paxton’s mind. He could be next.

As he stared into the now glowing red eyes of the painting, Paxton frowned slightly to himself. He had to find some way to kill off whatever murderous bastards were in this room.

vixenated has died. She was a Doctor.

You have 120 hours to decide a lynch before the standard deadline. With 6 people, 4 people voting are needed for a lynch.

The rules for inactivity have changed, and in order to survive, each player needs to have at least 2 constructive posts and a vote cast by the end of the day.

Flag Post

I need to ask some questions to make the mafia lively again.
1.Do you think you might get lynched now that the docters gone?
2.What faction do you think will win?
3.Who do you think is most suspicious?
My answers:
1.Probably.
2. Mafia,cause the docters gone.
3.I’ll answer this when i get a better idea later.

Flag Post

I am seriously stupid, just kill me right now. I forgot to unvote behemoth, I was just voting him to check his reaction to find out if he was lying or not :/

[Dev]

vote cast by the end of the day.

Dislike.

[Seb]

Ill be voting Behemoth542 because i just kinda think hes suspicious

Reasons for thinking that he’s suspicious, if you may?

he has the most votes.

So, you’re basically admitting that half of your reason to vote him is to bandwagon? Since you’re a new player, might be a scumslip, thus, [FoS: Seb]

Posting to fill in the requirment for today.(its a morning over here.)

How about having posts commenting on the mafia situations rather than just spam-like posts.

I need to ask some questions to make the mafia lively again.

It’s been 5 hours since the start of the day, and considering timezones, why do you think the mafia is not lively?

Do you think you might get lynched now that the docters gone?

Doctors don’t affect whether we get lynched or not, the probability depends on how suspicious I am.

What faction do you think will win?

To be honest, mafia, since I am now thinking that town does have a disadvantage at this point.

Who do you think is most suspicious?

FMPOV, currently, cow or you.

[Dev]

end of the day.

Is that an in-game day or a real day?

And I would really like a post or two from AN now, suddenly gone inactive :/

Flag Post

EBWOP: And DAZ too, a post or two.

Flag Post

I’ll get a post up. I’ll do a more proper one tomorrow or so as I’m a bit busy right now but yeah:

Ill be voting Behemoth542 because i just kinda think hes suspicious

Even a new mafia player should have read up on some basic info…although I haven’t seen you around, so I believe your story. Anyway, reasons please.

he has the most votes.

Jaskaran basically voiced my opinion mostly. Pretty crazy how you just come in and vote.

1. Not really…there’s not much chance the doctor’s protecting you. What will get you lynched is small slips and so on.

2. Well, it’s 6 people, and when it’s 4v2 [2 Mafia], it’s very near LyLo. So yeah; We pretty much have to lynch mafia correctly or we lose.

3. Don’t know really, but man, is this guy really really new and hasn’t even read up on anything to do with Mafia? [Also can you write better please? Makes it easier to read.]

Is that an in-game day or a real day?

Almost certainly in-game.

Anyway, like I said, I’ll post more later.

Flag Post

bq.So, you’re basically admitting that half of your reason to vote him is to bandwagon? Since you’re a new player, might be a scumslip, thus, [FoS: Seb]

Well,sorry.I didn’t really have much to work with.
bq.It’s been 5 hours since the start of the day, and considering timezones, why do you think the mafia is not lively?

Because of low activity back then.
One more thing…i am headed to mafia wiki.
Formatting gave me bad advice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sebba:

bq.So, you’re basically admitting that half of your reason to vote him is to bandwagon? Since you’re a new player, might be a scumslip, thus, [FoS: Seb]

bq.It’s been 5 hours since the start of the day, and considering timezones, why do you think the mafia is not lively?

Because of low activity back then.
One more thing…i am headed to mafia wiki.
Formatting gave me bad advice.

You have got to be kidding me. 5 hours from start of day is not inactive,and CONSIDERING timezones, (USA, Aus,NZ and a lot more are all asleep.) You dont know timezones…

Flag Post

EBWOP: And you haven’t said your reasons. Don’t avoid it.

Flag Post

@Seb:

1) Docs don’t protect from lynches. And as for getting NK’d, I guess my good days will finally be over. Not that it matters since we are nearly at LyLo. Could call it a LyLo if we don’t have the JK.
2) Redundant and unnecessary.

I am optimistic, but I don’t really see how my stance on this affects the game. If you mean statistically/from personal experience, I’d say town needs to be careful with its lynches if it wants to win, since every mislynch not only brings us closer to LyLo, but also increases the probability of eliminating a useful power role.

At this moment, with one PR down, I’d say our success depends entirely on a successful Cop invo, or a successful lynch. Neither is impossible.

3) Still Jask, with vixen out of the way, and for the same reasons as before. His “I meant to unvote Behe” post doesn’t convince me either.

@Jask:

Equal reason for him to act like a VI. FoS Jask, since I haven’t already. He is the one that made the case against Behe, and it seems scummy to me that he is dumping the burden of the lynch on Seb.

Town is at a possible MiLo, so you have it right with the bit where you say that town is at a disadvantage.

Why are you suspicious of CF?

Should’ve checked the MFGFT where I mentioned my exams.

@DAZ:

Openly mentioned that he was suspicious of Behe. Jask mentioned the same reasons during his vote earlier, and I didn’t see you question him.

Why do you think it is unbecoming of him as an obvious mafia newb?

What’s wrong with asking who is suspicious? What does grammar or being new to mafia have to do with this?

Before I forget, PoS DAZ. Not as suspicious of him as Jask, but my gut smells an attempt at quick-lynching a VI.

@Seb: You put a space after the bq.

Did you have any particular reason to be suspicious of Behe?

Flag Post

Status Update

Vote Count

Not Voting (6): DragonArcherZ, CowFriend, sebba, AdeebNafees, Jaskaran2000, REALinsanemonkey

With 6 people, 4 people voting are needed for a lynch. There are about 96 hours left before the standard deadline. If 4 people are not voting by this deadline, the deadline will be extended.

Other Info

• The following is a list of players that still need activity requirements fulfilled. The roman numerals are posts and the “v’s” are votes. Anything is parentheses needs fulfillment.
    DragonArcherZ (v)
    CowFriend (II) (v)
    sebba (v)
    AdeebNafees (I) (v)
    Jaskaran2000 (I) (v)
    REALinsanemonkey (II) (v)

Flag Post

omg why u suspicious of my jask

Flag Post

(Everyones first answer)

I guess i should have said NK’d and not lynch.

(Adeeb)

He would of got lynched anyway,so it doesn’t matter,right?

And,dev…best way to feed the activity monster ever.There has been way more activity then towards the end of day 2.

Flag Post
He would of got lynched anyway, so it doesn’t matter, right?

Although the lynch wouldn’t have changed hands, that’s like saying I’ll just vote whoever’s about to die anyway. That’s like saying I don’t really care about participating, I’ll just vote whoever’s going to get lynched. If everyone played like that, the first vote we got would get five more votes on him.

Either way, you have some pretty warped logic.

Why do you think it is unbecoming of him as an obvious mafia newb?

Well um, even a mafia newbie with some logic in him would see some of this stuff was stupid? Some of them were a good attempt, but the vote on Behemoth with no reason behind it at all?

What does grammar

Nothing. Just that I’ve had my fair share of illiterates in other forums and I’d prefer a better written post.

Read what Seb said. Anyway, I’m just puzzled why even a newbie would play so illogically, when a brain and taking some time would put you in good stead.

Flag Post

Late EBWOP.

(Jask)

How about having posts commenting on the mafia situations rather than just spam-like posts.

Well,i just thought that the activity rules meant a real life day.I understand it now.

Flag Post

I am rather positive that DragonArcherZ and CowFriend are scum. I will state my reasoning and my comments/answers later, when my internet connection is more stable.

Flag Post

Alrighty.

Now then, reasons to support my previous statement, and answers.

[Adeeb]

“I meant to unvote Behe” post doesn’t convince me either.

I require reasons for this.

Town is at a possible MiLo, so you have it right with the bit where you say that town is at a disadvantage.

Actually, it is quite clear that town is at MiLo, scum wouldn’t be so idiotic as to let a win slip away from their hands, and lynching me will only help their cause.

Why are you suspicious of CF?

Is probably later in post.

DAZ

Now then, here is my case on him. He has been kinda inactive, posting at the bare minimum I should say, until my post saying that he should participate, of course there is the option of timezones, but I digress.

Seeing as he is now in focus due to my rather sudden request to him to participate more actively, people seem to have forgotten that he hasn’t answered his earlier questions, which he should have done. Considering the fact that dev sends everyone else reminders except me, he should’ve naturally gotten the night 2 reminder, and read the thread. So, he clearly managed to make us forget about the previous questions directed at him, therefore making himself unreadable.

Moreover, the reason I believe that he asked that there is a doctor and a jailkeeper is because he is the mafia role cop. Partly (liek 1%), the reason I also find him suspicious is the way he mentioned the 7v2 as carefully as he did, as I’ve caught him in chat doing something like 2v7 therefore giving away that he is mafia.

Jask

Can’t have an unbiased stance on myself.

Seb

He’s a 50-50 conflict between scum and just nubish, in my opinion. He has done rather newbish actions, as in trying to create activity when it was like only 5 hours from the start of the day, which I do believe he had good intentions, leaning me over to a bit of 65-35 in the favor of him being town. However, I still landed a FoS on him due to the 35.

A question, why couldn’t you work with the information in the previous days?
This post shows that he was possibly trying to figure out who is suspicious, so that he could help town, therefore saying that he is town. At 70-30 now.

He would of got lynched anyway,so it doesn’t matter,right?

This post is rather stupid, since he is clearly stating that he jumped on the bandwagon for the heck of it probably going through. Back to 65-35.

I trust that seb is town, after all that, or this is a very good gambit played by a new player, but I, yet again, digress.

RiM

Been inactive, can’t tell if lurking or not, basically a null tell. Which is what he might want to achieve if he was mafia, but don’t think so, as far as I know RiM’s nature, he would probably try and go for a towntell if he was mafia.

Adeeb

I find him rather unreadable, like usual, not sure whether this is a good sign or a bad sign, a bit more suspicious than RiM, seb and I, but less than cow and dragon, FMPOV.

Cow

He’s always been a 50-50 conflict, he’s been mostly inactive, popping up at times but only stating something that a normal mafia player would be able to, but I can’t help but notice how he’s trying to buddy here:

omg why u suspicious of my jask

when he was mostly against me earlier.

Basically, what I think he’s doing is siding with one major posting person then changing to another in order to avert suspicion from himself.

Additionally, all of his votes have been due to “destruction”, therefore misleading town into continuous mislynches, which I have been partly doing too, but at least I had a reason to believe that they were suspicious.

Now then, I have an idea that we no lynch, which usually wouldn’t seem the wisest option but with we having to vote and it being at MiLo, it would be what I believe the wisest option, in order to reduce one person from suspicion completely, and since we’re probably rather likely to Mislynch today too, with odds being 67% of a mislynch. However, the next day we will have what most likely is 60% of a mislynch, which is better than 67%, therefore going by this theory, I will..

[Vote: No Lynch]

Flag Post
Now then, here is my case on him. He has been kinda inactive, posting at the bare minimum I should say, until my post saying that he should participate, of course there is the option of timezones, but I digress.

From around a few days after I replaced adv0, I’ve been active. I don’t know what you’re going on about.

he hasn’t answered his earlier questions

Huh? If you don’t mind, please enlighten me. I don’t remember questions towards me.

the reason I believe that he asked that there is a doctor and a jailkeeper is because he is the mafia role cop.

It’s written in the OP what roles are in the mafia. And we know the roles of people that die, so…

as I’ve caught him in chat doing something like 2v7 therefore giving away that he is mafia.

And I know that’s a lie, because I haven’t seen you in chat in ages; you know that yourself.

FoS Jask, because at the very least I know that last part is a lie.

[All this ramble about Cow]

Cowfriend usually plays pretty erratically and crazily, so yeah, you can’t get too much out of it.

[All this ramble about Seb]

He’s definitely new to mafia though, so yeah. Good intentions, I believe, but I’d really like more logic.

[All this ramble about RiM]

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but he’s usually not too active in mafias.

Flag Post

Basically, what I think he’s doing is siding with one major posting person then changing to another in order to avert suspicion from himself.

What? I don’t even.

Wouldn’t me only siding with one person make me more scummy?
And I don’t see why siding with another person would make me “avert suspicion”.
When I’m not suspicious in the first place.
Also, explain to me the part where I “switched” sides. The only thing I see in this thread is me attacking you for your majorly flawed RQS saying how anyone who doesn’t answer it is more suspicious.

Okay, the most important part here: I recall anything that suggest me siding with anyone specifically (putting dis part in teh end because plot twist is cool).

Rechecked the thread, still nothing. So your attack on me is null.

Flag Post

Status Update

Vote Count

No Lynch (1): Jaskaran2000
Not Voting (5): DragonArcherZ, CowFriend, sebba, AdeebNafees, REALinsanemonkey

With 6 people, 4 people voting are needed for a lynch. There are about 71 hours left before the standard deadline. If 4 people are not voting by this deadline, the deadline will be extended.

Other Info

• The following is a list of players that still need activity requirements fulfilled. The roman numerals are posts and the “v’s” are votes. Anything is parentheses needs fulfillment.
    DragonArcherZ (v)
    CowFriend (I) (v)
    sebba (v)
    AdeebNafees (I) (v)
    Jaskaran2000
    REALinsanemonkey (II) (v)

Flag Post

Ok,it’s time to vote…

(Jask)

I forgot to unvote behemoth, I was just voting him to check his reaction to find out if he was lying or not :/

I’m pretty sure that’s an excuse for starting that thing to lynch behemoth.

[Vote: No Lynch]

I think this area of his post is trying to leave us more open to an NK.

as I’ve caught him in chat doing something like 2v7 therefore giving away that he is mafia.

What DAZ said about this.

After all this,i’m pretty sure jask is mafia.So…I will be…

Voting Jaskaran2000.

Flag Post

@Sebba: But if you weren’t suspicious of him, it doesn’t make sense to vote for him. Honestly, that’s bad townie play. Going with the flow just for the sake of it is either a VI tell or a scum tell, and right now, I am leaning on VI with your direct admission of having voted just for the sake of a vote.

He actually explained why he is voting NL. Since we are at MiLo, NLing will effectively eliminate another person from suspicion, thus lowering the chances of us losing on a town-dominated phase.

If you find Jask likely scum, who do you think is his scumbuddy?

@DAZ: So you find no one suspicious at the moment?

Jask also voted Behe with something as superficial as “too suspicious IMO” and “confused between VI and scum, RNG says scum”. Selective scumhunting rings the wrong bells with me.

Why do you find Jask suspicious because the last part of his statement is a lie? In other words, why would scum add something like that to their post? Feels like bussing.

@Jask: You voted Behe on 27th. He posted at least thrice more, and you yourself managed to post on 31st, when the lynch was scheduled to be executed. Saying that you meant to unvote doesn’t convince me because you could have unvoted on that day, with full knowledge that the lynch was going to be executed that day.

I am not confident on a MiLo because of the possibility of a JK being present who might, might block the scum NK and give us extra time to lynch.

That’s an extremely wine-y argument against DAZ with the 7v2 and 2v7 thing. I agree with your argument about him not having answered the questions posed against him yesterday. They are in the last page in case you missed them, DAZ.

CF has previously mentioned that he has lost interest in the game, which is the leading cause of his erratic voting. This is purely a gut feeling, but I feel that he is genuinely a VT. As scum, at the very least, it would make sense for him to take an active stance ATM and get a mislynch through, as that will help him win faster.

That’s actually a very sound idea. I am in favor of continuing the conversation for a while more before voting NL so that we don’t waste any time.

@CF: My Jask? O.O

What’s your opinion on the players at the moment?

@Rim: You need to stop lurking and get in here. What’s your opinion on the players at the moment?

Flag Post

Unvoting Jask.