[Sign-Ups] Deify page 6

231 posts

Flag Post

somethins better than nothin. but alright. just gettin bored and OH WE GOT A DUDE don’t worry guys the thread is still alive. I’m pretty sure this is my tired and bored insanity talking. And whats wrong with irrelevant stuff. we can’t have fun outside the RP? I understand.

Flag Post

It’s called spamming and it’s highly discouraged. I wouldn’t be surprised if this entire conversation, including my posts, are deleted come tomorrow.

Flag Post

really? I dont think anyone would go that far just because of one conversation

Flag Post

You know what I’d probably need? Sleep. Its like 1am here.So yeah. I’m probably going to get some of that sleep dealeo.

Flag Post

it’s 5:42 where i am

Flag Post

helltank and Kipdons’ new characters are accepted. Also, Ronaga, please stop spamming the sign-ups thread unnecessarily.

Flag Post

Name: Momjir Vrig
Alternate Name(s): Momir Vig, The Visionary, The Life-Changer
Title(s): Inquisitive Voice of Hunger, Glorious Evolution
Appearance: Momjir Vrig took his Appearance class at Lovecraft’s School for Powers Man Was Not Meant To Comprehend, and liked the style of one of his teachers Yog-Sothoth a lot. That’s why he looks like blue orbs and green orbs – the green ones somewhat more fleshy, like fruit, and the blue ones more liquidy/balloony, like cysts. A black sludge or something keeps all of the orbs glued together, forming seams between them. The orbs freely rearrange themselves – supposedly, the whole thing could rearrange itself in such a mosaic pattern that it’d look kind of like Earth’s surface, with green orbs being land and blue ones being ocean, the surplus of green orbs hidden inside the mass.
Personality:
Base: Momjir Vrig is a dual deity of sorts – one body, less than two minds, but definitely two philosophies. Generally, Momjir is the one which is a relentlessly curious researcher. The amount of omniscience given to deities here is dubious, so Momjir keeps doing things to see what happens. Vrig is the possessive one – he feels a strong sense of community with pretty much everything, erasing any restraint Momjir would have in a bullyish manner. Vrig is a team player, or at least the team treasurer.
Perceived: Momjir Vrig’s worshippers attribute many things they are grateful for to him – their health, the fact they’re not monkeys anymore… They have this feeling that Momjir Vrig does things that are the best for them. Momjir Vrig does keep his livestock operational, should he need them, so they’re not wrong.
Overall: Momjir Vrig experiments, creating all kinds of mutants outside of the worshippers’ sight and improving the lives of the worshippers. Sometimes, they even agree on what is an improvement.
Focus: Momjir Vrig’s focus is all organic compounds. The dearest ones are the one that respectively encode and build life, nucleic acid and proteins – but all others do count as well.
Portfolio: Life, evolution
Backstory: Thousands of years ago, when the first cities came into existence, a deity formed – one to govern that aspect of the world. That deity had its own universe as well – a great cityscape. Oddly enough, that one became populated by mortals, for a city would not be itself without them. Those conceived a decatheon, of which Momir Vig is a member.
Since then, however, that situation fell, becoming a conflict of godly proportions. The deities ceased to care about their slices of the responsibility pie and tried to expand their philosophy to all of that world. That great intrigue continues, and while the mortals are not particularly aware of it, it could mean their end.
Some more progressive members of the decatheon leave the cityworld, seeking a solution outside of that box. Some stay, struggling without end. Momjir Vrig tends to be one of the former.

Flag Post

Momjir Vrig is accepted.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ronaga:

Oh and B_S. If you get this reference. SCIENCE FOR THE SCIENCE GOD.

[SCIENCE FOR THE SCIENCE GOD]

Flag Post

why you copy me Minnakht

Flag Post

Dude……shes the person of life and evolution……not technology. And god forbid that someone else have 2 personalities at once. That seems to be the only trait her god shares with yours. And by the way just one major trait does not warrant the accusation of copying. [Edit: Btw I’m going to be gone for about 2 hours so i won’t be able to talk unless you want to contact me within the 15 minutes of me still being here]

Flag Post

Science-related deity. Dual focus. Dual personality. A two-part name, one for each personality. The attitude of a relentlessly curious researcher. If only one or two traits are shared between my deity and his, I won’t suspect anything. But five?

Flag Post

Evolution does not exactly mean science. And 3 other examples all fall under the category of yeah shes basically 2 gods at once. Splitting it up doesn’t matter much. How else would you go about making 2 gods that are one god? really, what ARE your choices? But you can take it up with minnakht. I have to get ready to head out soon.

Flag Post

I would’ve overlooked everything else, if not for the name. My deity is named Ergos Materia, with one personality called Ergos and the other Materia. Minnakht’s deity is named Momjir Vrig, with one personality called Momjir and the other Vrig. This naming scheme drives the point home that he’s copying from me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

I would’ve overlooked everything else, if not for the name. My deity is named Ergos Materia, with one personality called Ergos and the other Materia. Minnakht’s deity is named Momjir Vrig, with one personality called Momjir and the other Vrig. This naming scheme drives the point home that he’s copying from me.

Don’t say “he’s.” Nobody knows Mina true gender.
Also, have you yet considered the possibility of a little something called…

Flag Post

Don’t say “he’s.” Nobody knows Mina true gender.

He’s male, but apparently wants to be female. That’s what he told me before.

[foil characters]

I don’t remember giving him permission to make a foil of my character.

Flag Post

You aren’t supposed to reveal that. Edit immediately. Mina does not want its gender revealed.

Does one really need permission to make a foil character like that? Besides, for all we know, it could have been unintentional. I discussed it with Ronaga, and my PC deity is apparently a foil to his.

Flag Post

You aren’t supposed to reveal that. Edit immediately. Mina does not want its gender revealed.

He never said that to me.

Does one really need permission to make a foil character like that?

It’s courtesy. Would you be happy if I just went ahead and made a parody of your character without your permission?

Besides, for all we know, it could have been unintentional.

It could be unintentional, and I’d probably believe that if it’s someone else… But he harassed me in some other game, and I harassed him back. I’m inclined to believe that he’s copying my character to annoy me.

Flag Post

Does one really need permission to make a foil character like that?

It’s courtesy. Would you be happy if I just went ahead and made a parody of your character without your permission?

Actually, I’d be quite flattered if someone thought my character was good enough to copy.

That should not quote the wrong things.

Flag Post

Actually, I’d be quite flattered if someone thought my character was good enough to copy.

Yes, imitation is the sincerest form of flatteny; Minnakht said that to me before. Yes, I should feel flattened. But again, I have reasons to believe that his intent is malicious.

Flag Post

Intent would be malicious if he wants to flatten you.

Flag Post

And you must also consider. Is Minnahkt the type of person to look through every single persons character? becuase this might be ENTIRELY coincidence and we could just all be buthurt for nothing.

Flag Post

Minnahkt

You appear to have mentioned the wrong person.

Is Minnakht the type of person to look through every single persons character?

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s true. Also, if he wanted to piss me off, obviously he would look at my character sheet.

Flag Post

B_S, you seem to find something wrong in everything…

Flag Post

I think its fine if he complains if he really thinks his character is being stolen.

@Blood_Shadow You mentioned that he harassed you in a game. What happened there?