~ Hellfire Tournament ~ [Unique RP Strategy Game][Act II: Consumed][Reserve Signs Needed; Sign = Auto-replace one of the 5 inactives.] page 6

282 posts

Flag Post

What is a modprod? XD

Flag Post

He sent them PMs reminding them to post.

Flag Post

[Group 1]

I again come back slightly to consiousness, while still laying on the ground reach for another arrow and aim for the imp’s neck again. But this time I don’t have enough strength to pull the string back far enough to reach the imp and as I shoot the arrow only makes it half way to the imp before it hits the ground. I then begin to fade back to unconsiousness, but I don’t go all the way and I am still able to see a bit of what goes on.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Sent modprods to Group FOUR members.

I’m too cool for a modprod. /glasses

You’re very active relatively to the other 3 members.

Flag Post

You’re very active relatively to the other 3 members.

I’ll have to hope that I can ditch them eventually, then. :P

Flag Post

They’re getting replaced in less than a day if they don’t post.

Flag Post

Group 4.

I see my team were helping me at long last.

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

Group 4.

I see my team were helping me at long last.

Could you actually do an action?

Flag Post

Conrad, Group 2

“I know it isn’t my fault I got in the-” The imp began to move, so instead of finishing my sentence, I kicked him off with a flat kick in the chest, and almost reflexively, swung my axe down. Blood spurted out of the wound, but I continued to push my weapon down with almost savage fury, until the creature stopped struggling.

I barely get a moment of peace, though. As I begin to straighten myself, raising a hand to wipe off sweat off my brow, something crashes into me from the side like a cannonball. Opening my mouth to shout out, I feel, with a sense of dread, the handle of my axe slipping out of my grip. Damn.

And then everything turns crazier. Suddenly, I find myself crashing painfully into a wall of the arena, fighting to keep the imp’s claws from digging into me. It’s a good thing that I never gave up exercising even after coming to the town. While not exactly being muscly, I am strong enough to hold back several of these imps…. if they play fairly. “Move off, you dirty bastard!” I shout, panic creeping into my voice as I realize that the imp is definitely not going to hesitate from using his claws and teeth if needed.

Hey, one of my teammates is getting here to help me! Need to hold off the imp a bit more. In what has probably been the most desperate move made by any of the players today, I spit, aiming for the imp’s eyes, planning to use its momentary disorientation to perform a hammerlock against the arena wall. I had plenty of experience performing those when I joined the police, though I am not sure it will work on the imp. It has a damned tail!

Better watch out for it.

Flag Post

Mark Nutt, Group 2
Fuck yea. That being said and done, I put another arrow into the bow and aim it at the guy I hit earlier and the imp he is fighting, waiting for a moment when I’ll be sure not to hit him to let it fly at the imp’s head.

Flag Post

Ara, Group ONE

“Get off of me!” The imp was one heavy bastard, and pushing him to the side seemed to be a near impossible task. When he would swing for my face, I’d quickly use my sword as a shield, but then I’d lose my grip, giving him the upper-hand again.

Flag Post

No updates today? :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

No updates today? :P

Updating now; was involved with a large clan war for yesterday AND today which was why I didn’t update as often.

Flag Post

Group ONE

Nicholas took a deep breath, then focusing all on his concentration on this single shot. Lining up wind, direction and power in perfect unity. And then, in perfect unity, he missed. He would never know why he had missed that shot. He was certain that he got it right. Yet it had missed. Sometimes it happens like that. Then he realised what it was.

He dropped the bow in disgust, picking up a sword and charging wildly at the imp on Ara.

“Get off of me!” The imp, clutching onto Ara, squashes her; taking the breath out of her. As the creature tried to slash and bite her face, she would hastily improvise a parry with her blade. But she was tiring. And she was lying face-up, trying to parry when gravity was against her.

Sadfire flew through the air, after leapfrogging Nicholas (not to mention ruining his aim). He shot into the air, then dived down, and gladius in front stabbed forward to the imp. But the imp was not to be cowed, deflecting the stroke and he fell back slightly.

Arken awoke with a start from his lapse after the inferno. He instantly took in what was happening, grabbed another arrow and drew the bow to shoot the monster’s neck. Yet no matter how determined he was, he just didn’t have the strength in left with him. Nowhere near full draw, the arrow hits several metres away from his target.

The imp looked slightly to his right instinctively, then suddenly Nicholas was swinging his sword from the same direction as Sadfire with no thought or training – pure rage in wild, savage strokes. The imp snatched the blade off and threw it into the air. Nicholas, surprised at the unorthodox action, placed his sword up and blocked it. The sword fell down next to Ara again, but the imp was gone, and nowhere near Sadfire, himself or Ara.

It was scampering towards Arken.

Group TWO

“Wow!”, Jim said, witnessing the massive shockwaves of the firestorm. He glanced around quickly and saw that the man that had saved him was in a spot of trouble. Still entangled with the imp, they were both against the wall but the imp seemed to be recovering faster than his fellow team member. Looking around with no time to find a proper weapon, his eyes fixated on the claw of the deceased imp. Grabbing it with a slight frown, he raced up to Conrad at a speed that would have shamed an Olympian.

Conrad was stalling, procastinating, cheating time. Surely the imp would strike soon. Hit the vein. Bite the flesh. And it’d all be over. But for now, slightly disorientated, he spat into the imp’s eyes and attempted to hammerlock it against the wall. But the imp was quick, and it had felt the explosions multiple times. Although the spit blinded him briefly, he scented the human and moved over to the side, grabbed Conrad’s head and smashed it into the stadium ground. Lucky it was soft sand, but ouch.

Then Jim came along, and filled the imp’s vision with a knee for a splitsecond. Then he found his own head being smashed by Jim’s knee. The imp falls back, and Jim continues with fast, improvised strokes with the claw, still trickling blood.

But for all his hard work, the claw’s clumsiness to be a proficient weapon was quickly exposed at the imp, overcoming the initial shock, began to strike where Jim was not. A hasty block using his hands, gashes appeared and as he struck forward with the claw, he would have to hold on tight to ensure it wasn’t ripped from his hands.
He began to back away, feeling the wrath of the monster before him. Slowly at first, then faster as the creature gained momentum.

Jim was an experienced warrior, and he knew this strategy would lose this encounter. Yet what other plan was there? Conrad was on the floor, face-down, concussed and disorientated. There was nobody else-

Just as he had the thought, a timely arrow from Nutt sped through the air and into the bottom of the head, almost the neck. The imp wavered a little, then fell back. He paused to look at his handiwork. Surely he was dead.

Then the imp got up, scratched his head a bit, and took out the arrow. It was staring at Jim but his eyes were unfocused. Then it jumped forward and started to strike like a drunken warrior.

Group FOUR

Whoosh. The air sweeped past as turtle spun quickly, dodging a strike of the imp and making him fall face-down onto the floor as he lost his balance. Scars and gashes were covering his body, blood flowing down but he was not discouraged. If anything, it gave the opponent a false sense of attrition. The blows barely hurt “The Turtle”. Then, using all his might, swung a quick, precise strike in an executioner’s blow. The axe hit the ground, where the imp should have been. Should have been. Wicked fast, it had crab-crawl’d backwards, then reverted to all fours on the front and circled Turtle. Then, he leapt up and pushed his head down. The axe was stuck in the ground from the force of the blow and the imp was on top of him mischievously pushing his head down and messing with him.

Meanwhile, walford spots that finally, someone was helping him fight these wretched creatures. Yet as he paused to watch, the imp leapt on him, pushed his weapon away and smacked him into the ground. It stepped away again, held out his hand in an unmistakable gesture, beckoning him to get up and fight him. Walford got up slightly and in that moment, the imp ran, jumped over in a front flip, grabbed Walford’s head and flipped him over. He winced as he hit the ground on his backside hard and the imp was approaching him yet again. Not good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SadFire:

Group One
Seeing one man (Nicholas) slashing at an imp, I decide now would be my time to join the fray. I scan the battle area for anything of use, luckily, I find a small gladius. How fitting for the occasion. I grab it, and then sprint behind Nicholas before leapfrogging over him, Gladius in hand, I attempt to pierce the head of the imp as I descend from the air straight into the face of terror.

Flag Post

Nicholas, Group 1

I picked up the sword and helped up the woman with my hand. I started to run towards the imp, sword up and ready to cleave him down the middle.

Flag Post

Group One
Seeing one man (Nicholas) slashing at an imp, I decide now would be my time to join the fray. I scan the battle area for anything of use, luckily, I find a small gladius. How fitting for the occasion. I grab it, and then sprint behind Nicholas before leapfrogging over him, Gladius in hand, I attempt to pierce the head of the imp as I descend from the air straight into the face of terror.

Whoops my bad, let me edit it.

Editted pretty shabbily lol.

Flag Post

Is it just me or are my posts getting longer and longer?

Huh, I must be really getting into this.
Also tell me if you like it as it is, or you want quicker – less description, just the actions and so on.

Flag Post

I actually like it as it is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Underlord:

I actually like it as it is.

+1

Flag Post

[Group 1]

As I see the imp running straight for me I new I wouldn’t have the strength to shoot the bow, but I did think of something. I grab one of my 2 remaining arrows with my right hand and wait for the imp to get closer. As the imp gets close enough I thrust the arrow into his neck as he got into range. I grin to the fact that I finally got an arrow in his neck. But now I am faced with another problem. I may have killed the imp but his body is now on top of me and about to blow. As I haven’t yet recovered enough yet I can’t get him off of me. I yell to my allies to get him off of me before he blows me up.

On another topic: I like the turns how they are.

Flag Post

Longer, looooonger!

Group 4

I should have expected that. These infernal creatures won’t stay in one place for long. As for that axe, leave it. It’d take too long to pull it out of the ground. Instead, I grab the imp’s tail, swinging it around and slinging it a fair distance upward. Running back to the weapons, I quickly grab a short spear, intending to meet the creature’s descent with a point.

Flag Post

Helltank/Hangman95 are being replaced with efar/ZombiestookmyTV.

Flag Post

Helltank/Hangman95 are being replaced with efar/ZombiestookmyTV.

Hip-hip-hoorah!

Flag Post

I want to replace HANG MAN! YES YES YES!!!1