TOURNAMENT // Drop-Off 3 // GAME OVER: Who won? page 7 (locked)

287 posts

Flag Post

What’s wrong with Breach? It’s probably 2DArray’s best game, I would say.

Flag Post

Hard badge, needs 101, gets 102. :P

Flag Post

I got the hard badge, but that was close to 4 years ago, and I lost my save file since then…

I’m not even sure that I could unlock Survival Mode again within 2 days.

Flag Post

Exactly matched 12 year old ShawnerSSS.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

I got the hard badge, but that was close to 4 years ago, and I lost my save file since then…

I’m not even sure that I could unlock Survival Mode again within 2 days.

Nub. I unlocked it in 15 minutes of playing. It isn’t that hard :p

I hate this game, though. With my guts.

EDIT: Bluji, you know how this game is like 40x easier on a slower computer since the timing is way off? Also, you can apparently get through walls. Do you know that and we are supposed to use that exploit?

Placeholder.

Also, 2DArray’s best game is ‘This is a Work of Fiction’, IMO.

Flag Post

Lou asks for a video to prove that the game is exploitable, but I can’t be bothered. The two exploits are:

1) You can pass between two blocks diagonally touching each other (might actually have been intended by dev)
2) You can pass through any block by moving fast enough. I think I know a bad collision detection when I see one, though it could again, somehow, have been intended by the dev/our host.

Also, is the timer supposed to be as weird as it is? I got this score in 1 minute sharp.

Flag Post

I have reproduced the glitch/exploit, but since it a) works about as reliably as playing legitimately, b) still requires some skill to use and c) I’ve yet to come close to beating my best (which I got legitimately, but you’ll have to take my word for it) using this glitch, I would recommend against a game change.

EDIT: If you do change the game, I recommend Dangerous Dungeons. The developer’s from this awesome country called um…“Finland” or something.

Flag Post

Balls to that

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blizzard2000:

Breach? Are you serious?

Resign.

I’m not gonna allow that, because you can just as well go into the Showdown and battle for your survival. Okay?

As for the known exploits, I’m not gonna change the game for them. They are neither impossibly game-breaking and in addition, if you wanted to make them game-breaking, you’d have to repeat them time after time after time. I apologise for anyone who is affected by my awful game choice, but I promise I will only pick good games from now on.

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Breach? Are you serious?

Resign.

I’m not gonna allow that, because you can just as well go into the Showdown and battle for your survival. Okay?

Well, okay. But if the game is Nuclear Eagle, something’s gonna die.

Originally posted by LouWeed:

EDIT: If you do change the game, I recommend Dangerous Dungeons.

I was actually going to use this in mine, but then I found out the four secret levels were also in time attack :3

Flag Post

Sorry, neither Nuclear Eagle or Dangerous Dungeons would fit this round’s trivia. But y’know, both of them could just miss the theme barely…

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

EDIT: If you do change the game, I recommend Dangerous Dungeons.

I was actually going to use this in mine, but then I found out the four secret levels were also in time attack :3

Exactly why is that a problem?

Flag Post

Flag Post

Just so no one can say that I didn’t post something:

Flag Post

Round 3: Showdown

We have four players which haven’t posted a score. Thus, we’ll be skipping over to the Showdown. ShawnerSSS’s (he won the Quickfire) and LouWeed’s immunities will move over to round 4 Decision.

So, Blizzard2000, racefan12, S_98 and Trained, you’ll be facing each other in the Showdown. The game you’ll be playing is Missilebreak Outvaders and going for the highest score you can reach in Doomsday mode. (And yes, I know Blizz has a high highscore in this game, but I fit the games to the theme, not the games to the players.)

Your deadline is 3rd February, 2012 at 4:00 PM (GMT +2). Good luck!

THE TWO WORST PERFORMERS WILL BE DROPPED OFF.

Flag Post

I’d post something here about how I believe it’s unfair that I’m lumped in the same category as those who didn’t even post an attempt in this round, and how it’s unfair to require that a mode be unlocked in order to get a qualifying score for a tournament, but I don’t have the motivation to write a rant right now, as I’d probably fail at that as much as I’ve been failing at everything else in the last few days.

Flag Post

Ooh, Missilebreak. I wonder if I’ll get 588K again.

Flag Post

You know what… Maybe it wasn’t so bad I couldn’t get in… I suck at this, so yeah.

Flag Post

Yesterday, you said in chat that in the event of a showdown involving more than two players, only the worst performer will be dropped off. Make up your mind, please.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Yesterday, you said in chat that in the event of a showdown involving more than two players, only the worst performer will be dropped off. Make up your mind, please.

> in chat
> in thread
> different things

Flag Post

Soo… I guess I’m getting dropped off?

Flag Post

So this game isn’t as fun as I remembered.

Flag Post

A bit under 5 hours remaining.

Flag Post

Round 3: Drop-Off

I’m sorry to tell you, racefan12 and Trained that you both have been Dropped Off! Better luck next time!

Round 4: Quickfire

And into the fourth round we venture! The Quickfire game is Last Egg Alive and you will be going for the highest score you can reach by running. The highest scorer will receive a doubled vote and an immunity in this round’s Decision.

The deadline is 5th February, 2013 at 4:00 PM (GMT +2). Have fun!