Anti's Government Game Sign-ups (On hiatus for a few days) (locked)

44 posts

Flag Post

“A large scale government game where you have to balance your assets to achieve a functioning government while at the same time fighting to stay #1.”

RNG slots removed, all FCFS.

Rules are still in progress, but in the meantime, here are two brief summaries:

A quick summary:
It is an government game to which you try and conquer surrounding countries, yet at the same time be affected by the expansion. It’s not as simple as “Build a Unit”, but definitly not as complex as “Build an outpost, get guards, get fire fighters, and stop traffic.” gameplay. There will also be a Bonus and Bust system, perform horribly on turns and you might find it to be not nice. Do great, and you are rewarded with… rewards.

Abridged Summary:
You are a government. You try and take people over and get goal A. Goal A is not so easy along the way, as you need to perform government duties as well as warfare, such as supply troops. This is not a pure warfare game, it is an government game.

Flag Post

Reserved.

Flag Post

There will be ten countries (Number can and will most likely change), all ten will come on FCFS.
FCFS:
1. Stone667
2. Sebba
3. myhome16
4.TheIdiocyWizard
5. Developous
6. Undeadcupcake3
7. MasterCheif987
8. Wiiwonder
9. Behemoth542
10. Walfordking

Reserves:

Flag Post

Reserved for sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stone667:

Reserved for sign

Flag Post

Reserved for sign

But not just that. Don’t rush this, especially because you don’t seem to be very experienced here. Make sure you go into detail in the rules. Maybe you don’t have to say that x amount of money is equal to z amount of soldiers, but make sure you don’t miss anything. It would be a shame to have a govsim fail.

Also, go record this game here. Even a game made by a newer person could come to something, and that needs to be shown.

Flag Post

Reserved for sign

Flag Post

Reserved for sign

Better enter early….

Flag Post

Why exactly do the last spots have to be decided by RNG? I’m fine with making my decision after the other people, but I don’t like RNG.

Flag Post

I prefer to not exclude any player out of a game just because someone posts faster or checks the boards.

It is personal preference and it has worked out great before, but if it is not popular here right now, I can remove that aspect and turn the last 5 spots to FCFS.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Antigamefire:

I prefer to not lock people out of a game just because someone posts faster or checks the boards.

It is personal preference and it has worked out great before, but if it is not popular here right now, I can remove that aspect and turn the last 5 spots to FCFS.

I really don’t see any reason to make any spots RNG. It makes more sense to me to just let everyone pick whatever nation they want.

Flag Post

Haha, true. It’s just a process that takes getting use to. I might as well make all 10 FCFS, as I doubt I might even that much.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheIdiocyWizard:

Reserved for sign

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Dev:

Mind I hijack this for my own idea involving this

Its Antigamefire’s game. I think that it is HIS choice how to make it, not yours.

@Antigamefire:

Don’t listen to Developous. His VAGUE AND CONFUSING setups have been the downfall of pretty much every game of his.

Flag Post

sign

@ dev
really? this is the lowest you have ever sunk

Flag Post

I can see where this is going, bleh.
Let him decide if he likes it.
We all know how terrible arguments go with me – both ways.

At the least, you should give constructive criticism.

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

how about this for constructive: don’t steal people’s games

Flag Post
Originally posted by efar:
Originally posted by developous:

how about this for constructive: don’t steal people’s games

Just look at it as an idea for this game. Sorry for how I ‘worded’ it.

Flag Post

Hey, both of you! What part of not responding to developous does not compute? He is suggesting an idea and you just dismiss him and start bitching about him to gamefire.. The term “hijack” was intended as a joke, not literally. Jeez, I mean I actually feel sorry for dev. You hear me? See what you’ve done!? I think dev’s ideas are fine, but as always with dev a tad complex. Okay? see I complemented dev and no game crashed. I think. O.O

Flag Post
Originally posted by wiiwonder:

Hey, both of you! What part of not responding to developous does not compute? He is suggesting an idea and you just dismiss him and start bitching about him to gamefire.. The term “hijack” was intended as a joke, not literally. Jeez, I mean I actually feel sorry for dev. You hear me? See what you’ve done!? I think dev’s ideas are fine, but as always with dev a tad complex. Okay? see I complemented dev and no game crashed. I think. O.O

you just made some poor nerd lose 48 hours of playing World of Warcraft (I’m joking)

Flag Post
Originally posted by efar:
Originally posted by wiiwonder:

you just made some poor nerd lose 48 hours of playing World of Warcraft (I’m joking)

trollface
I’ll sign. what’s the worst that could ha… anvil falls on head

Flag Post

Here’s the idea in a SIMPLE nutshell.

Unlimited forms of points. They simply mean what they say.

This is just my ‘development system’ idea, but with upgrades. For example, you could make your own empire based points, or use more generic things.

Cya, gotta head to ‘the other place’ – py a few hours.

Flag Post

Nice ideas Developous, but I am going to make it a stripped down Government game, since this is actually the first time I’m doing a GovCiv and I do not want it to get too complex for me or the players. First time I hosted Mafia, I bombed it with some new stuff and people where confused as hell, as was I on the second day. As for this game, I already have some base work on the rules and will most likely post them later today or tomorrow at latest.

Flag Post

Why are you all hating on developus? I know he pretty much trolled the whole FGF forum a year ago, but he’s better than before.