Release notes week of 24/03/2014

18 posts

Flag Post

Next week we are bringing war to the realm in our most exciting update yet!

King of the Realm!

An ancient structure will appear in the centre of each Realm. Consisting of a central tower and four protective gatehouses, to capture the central tower the four outer gatehouses have to be defeated and under your/your alliance’s control. Only then are you able to assault the central tower.

If the central tower is captured, the holder becomes King of that realm.

The Tower and the Gatehouses give additional bonuses to the players/alliance holding them:
North Gatehouse: 5% Increase in Speed
East Gatehouse: 5% Increase in Total HP
South Gatehouse: 5% Increase in Total Attack
West Gatehouse: 5% Increase in Total HP
Realm Tower: 5% reduction in Healing Time

As King, you are ruler of the realm. Your time in power is how you will be known in the history books.

New map
The map has been given a visual overhaul. It now sits on an ancient oak table, surrounded by trinkets and heirlooms handed down to you from generation to generation. Plan your next move in the candlelight, inspired by the achievements of your forbearers.

Enjoy!
Phoenix

Flag Post

So now the one useless shrine will have a use, and a pretty much useless “feature.” One of the best things about the map (when it actually worked) was that it didn’t have any frame as such.

Instead of the map overhaul, you should focus on solving the lag issue. Wonderful map is nice, but worthless when the game itself is unplayable.

PS: It may seem that I don’t like the game, but the opposite is the truth. I really like it and that’s the reason I’ll keep posting about the lag, where appropriate, until it’s somehow solved and I can play normally once again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by michalet:

PS: It may seem that I don’t like the game, but the opposite is the truth. I really like it and that’s the reason I’ll keep posting about the lag, where appropriate, until it’s somehow solved and I can play normally once again.

Me 3 :)

Flag Post

Cool keep up good work.

Flag Post

aside from the lag, could you move the bearded old guy away from the zoom slider?

Flag Post
Originally posted by GerardoDiaz:

aside from the lag, could you move the bearded old guy away from the zoom slider?

+1 Maybe make him visible only when the quest window is opened?

Flag Post

I like the new map layout personally, but I do agree that in general perhaps it’s time to work out some bugs and forgo updates in the meantime.

As far as King of the Realm, it might be nice in the future, it’s hard to say, but as it stands now there just aren’t enough active players/alliances, which is made worse by the apparent conflict that exists between this game and Kong. Once those issue’s are fixed and population picks up, this could be a very interesting development, albeit not for a couple months.

@michalet Doesn’t come off that you hate the game to me. People who hate games tend to be doomsayers who say “this game is dying because I don’t like X” rather than post legitimate issue’s. Lag is obviously the bane of any game, so wanting it fixed not only makes sense, but sticking with the game through such trials is a clear testament to liking the game. In the future we’ll look back on this and laugh when new players complain about a couple second delay =P

Flag Post

@rekindled
Well, I suppose the game will start dying if the lag isn’t solved soon, as I’ve even heard that it’s happening outside Kong’s version.
As for for the King and Shrines, I think there are few things except active players and lag that should be done before this:

1) Advanced alliances.
If you want people in alliance to really work as one, you should make it possible for them. Right now, all you get from being in an alliance is extra chat channel and, if the alliance captures any, small bonuses from shrines. Nice, but not enough. There should be possibility to send both resources and armies to allies, so members could actually help each other. Having some kind of long-term alliance goal, should it be military, economy or both, besides the king would promote cooperation within alliance.

2) Shrines
Good idea, but currently there are simply too few of them in a realm, and with the level restrictions, it’s nearly impossible for an alliance to even try to conquer them all without having too wide level range members. As removing the restrictions would make lower lvl players even weaker, you could simply add more shrines for each lvl interval.

3) Scoreboard
This one is pretty simple. Since about a day ago, the scoreboard simply doesn’t work/is frozen. I know few other players noticed that, so I don’t think it’s just myself or Kongregate. It used to be a nice way to promote pvp, but broke pretty soon.

Tl;dr – New features are nice, but the game is currently too broken. I don’t think anyone would object if you’ll stop releasing new features for a while and instead focus on fixing the problems and bugs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by michalet:

2) Shrines
Good idea, but currently there are simply too few of them in a realm, and with the level restrictions, it’s nearly impossible for an alliance to even try to conquer them all without having too wide level range members. As removing the restrictions would make lower lvl players even weaker, you could simply add more shrines for each lvl interval.

Nameless alliance in R13 got em all 6 :P

Flag Post

I must say teamwork is already possible. No need for resource trade or stuff like that. But rather a common point to invest in would be nice.

The scorebord is definiv broken. Suprisingly one or 2 players are still able to provide scores for it O_o. I found one inactive which still gives a few points every attack lol. Please fix Rito~

Flag Post

I think the way generals work is far from optimum. Especially, it makes so sense that Hord has no bonus to high end troops. It would make more sense if all generals had a % bonus to troop types and a specialization with a certain troop. For example Merek could be something like 10% to infantry and cavalry plus 20% to militia. High end generals should have those general bonuses increased, for example Veros could have a 25% bonus to infantry and a specialization of 25% to bloody cross. This would make it much more useful to get high end generals and everyone would be far more motivated to build up stuff to get them.

Shrines are currently useless with bonus set at 2,5%. At least make them 10% to make it worth fighting over shrines. In my realm attack and hp shrines are empty and no one even cares…Castle towers should give a bonus of 15%. The highest possible bonus would be 25%. Since with healing times its so easy to take out any army with 2 attacks, this would be the best option.

It would be nice if you could get rid of the mines bug. And perhaps you could add better descriptions to the equipments with exact percentages to their specific bonuses.

Flag Post

There should also be more alliance features. And an alliance screen with activity information and other stuff. Perhaps you should consider making an alliance flag, individual players should have the option to change back to their flag (check box) but when someone entered an alliance it should change by default.

You could also implement a feature like a friendly match against alliance members, with no resources taken or healing times, protection time…

You should also have added an option to kick alliance members a long time ago. And a screen where the leader could choose the members with the privileges to add/kick members.

Flag Post

On shrines…shrines help a considerable amount at certain points, though it is mainly in pve, but you can shave 25+ seconds off your attack via movement+heal time reductions. If the shrines are empty in your realm then people are really missing out, because they can make the difference in instant heal or waiting on a heal (squal/hord/Trellan instant heal on 15 camps at level 21, the other commanders at 5:20 at same level, compared to 5:45 without). However, what the dev’s said in chat is that they will be opening the realm gates allowing you to travel and capture shrines in other realms, and the bonuses will stack. This will make shrines strategically more important as the bonuses could potentially get very large.

Flag Post

shrine of healing requires someone under lv25 to capture it and shrine of wind (speed) requires someone under lv20…unless you recruit someone under those levels the only other option is to make an alt that will do it, both options sucking a lot…5% is close to nothing, to take 25+ seconds from an attack would mean an attack would take more than 8.33 min. Such a bonus is close to meaningless and sure doesn’t make it worth the hassle of getting these shrines…

A low % bonus and the fact it needs one hero to stay permanently there make shrines suck really bad…

Flag Post

It would make much more sense to limit shrine control to each realm and increase bonuses. It woul make a lot of sense though to allow interealm attacks between players.

It would be really cool if they could make a check box to make armies auto-heal or not. It sucks to press the heal button, especially when farming orcs every few minutes..

Flag Post

Base heal time for my Farg = 5:45 (5 slots filled), with shrine of healing+hp shrine it’s 5:20
Base heal time for Squal = 5:15 (5 slots filled) with shrine of healing+hp shrine 4:51

These are on lvl 15 camps…which you grind from 22 (or whenever you decide to start them, some do before 22) all the way to cap so it adds up and by reducing time I am able to put 1 hobi in slots to increase movement speed rather than fill 25+ level slots with damage dealing troops further increasing farm exp/hr (depends on total travel time if using 5 slots+3 slot for hobi is better or 6 slot troop + 2 hobi). The only part that does suck is the low levels for those shrines, but this will be less of an issue with this coming patch as gatehouses give the same bonuses anyhow.

The only commander it does not save me a minimum of 15 seconds is Trellan, who can hit 15’s under 5 minutes with only 5 slots +1 hobi to tank spear, without any bonus. Would I like shrines that gave large enough bonuses to hit lvl 18’s under 5 minutes? Of course, grinding 7 mil exp per commander on level 15’s is mind numbingly boring, but they are enough atm that it’s worth getting them if one can.

Flag Post

Another thing I just noticed. When I lose against a player my generals still get experience, why isn’t it the same against orcs? It makes no sense if a general gets his ass wooped and gets no experience at all. Damn in real life that’s when people get the most experience XD

Flag Post

Being defeated on an orc camp should be a fairly rare experience, while I could see the logic behind changing this, it would be a rather insignificant change.

I’d also like to second making changes to some of the generals. While I think the top generals are extremely useful in pvp, some hero’s like Eriodna and Hord (mid range hero’s) have very little value. Hord for example is a decent camp farmer, but does not excel in that area and in pvp there are better options for the bonuses he has. Eriodna…well shadowswords have their uses, but it’s pretty situational, making her not only a poor farmer, but a poor choice for a stable pvp line up.

Love the new map look and enjoying shrines immensely. While I always believe there are improvements that could be made, overall I think the shrine bonuses hit the right mark, being useful, but not overpowered to the point the difference in having them/not having them can not be overcome.