Cheating green AI :)

11 posts

Flag Post

Hi,

It seem so, that the green opponent can buy cards for one more less coins than it is needed. If it has one less coin than needed for a card, then it is going to be on -1 coins (after that it can get a coin from drawing the next card so it will be on 0 after that). For example:
It has 4 coins (no card in hand), it buys a 5 coin worth card from bank → the amount of coins will be -1. Right after that it draws a card (the green cards are designed to do so), it get a coin, so it will be on 0 coins, but it could buy the card for one coin cheeper.

Flag Post

That’s called a no-interest loan from the bank. LOL.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qiantom:

That’s called a no-interest loan from the bank. LOL.

Times like these make me want a like button.

Flag Post

Maybe AI just borrow a coin from bank and return it before end of turn.

Flag Post

That isn’t cheating, I’m afraid to say. Tell me, what difficulty were you on? I believe Journeyman, and higher all have upgraded cards, meaning they have lower cost card.

Flag Post

Which Vespitole hero was this against? If it was Caramel Poochyena is it possible his +1 coin hadn’t registered before he bought a card? I know when I play as him I can buy/play several cards before his extra coin gets banked.

Flag Post

AtlusParker: It does not matter wich green I play against (Sofocatro did this as well). Every of them has this bug. And if I was misunderstand: when it is playing like I told, the coin numbers show -1 for a second until it does not play out the coin card which it becomes for the “draw a card” bonus.

Jemardo: If it’s upgraded card costs 4coin (Militia), but it has only 3 and can play it, and right after that it has -1 coins, but can draw a coin card and can get that for 0 coins, then I think it is not the lower cost card, but something with the wrong sequence.

And yeah, you can clearly see the -1coins!

Flag Post

Here is a screenshot.
http://imgur.com/TSRknec

Flag Post

Not only the green AI does that “cheating” thing. If blue gets your card, then it can do that too…

Flag Post

It happens to other resources as well, if you use them before the animations have caught up. Nothing to worry about imo.

Flag Post

For just a brief moment, I managed to do that as a player. I was dropped to -2 gold coins, which were then added from skills of creatures.

Gold gotten from using coins is instantly added, but the resources from skills are added after a short time. That being said, they can be used before they will be added from those skills. It’s have absolutely no mechanical effect. It just looks like that.