Senatus' long and pretty complete guide to BD page 5

131 posts

Flag Post

no i wasn’t saying like one battle in general more like key battles that you really need to win

Flag Post

Link to Aoki’s guide plox

Flag Post

Can you explain the Ratios part? I don’t get the multiple numbers #-# and #/#/#

Ratios.

You can always come up with your own ratios, but most people tend to go for 21-9 for inf, 11-4 for vehicles and 7-3 for heavies. 21/11/7 being range, 9/4/3 being armor. It’s been tested over and over again, these are the best ratios. Of course a small change won’t make that much of a difference, for example going 22/8 or 20/10 for inf or 10/5 for vehicles.

Flag Post

bigger number is ranged smaller number is armour
EX Infantry
21 ranged
9 armour
all focussed ot kill one chasis

Flag Post

Actually Wolfstar, going 22/8 for inf loses against 21/9 or 20/10.

Flag Post

BATTLEDAWN DRAMA!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Dramallama’s!!!

This is one of the most constructive positive posts i’ve ever seen on kong BD.

Stop dissing!

Flag Post

Hey Senatus, what does it means if you want to know how much ap and hp vehicles and heavy units have simply by just multiplying infantry values by 2 for veh. and by 3 for heavy units? =) thanks in advance. Your guide is the most useful guide.

Flag Post

Yup, that’s what it means :) If 1 range infantry has 4 HP and 4 AP, then the vehicle range unit will have (4*2) HP and (4*2) AP. And the heavy unit will have (4*3) HP and (4*3) AP :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wolfstar100:

Can you explain the Ratios part? I don’t get the multiple numbers #-# and #/#/#

Ratios.

You can always come up with your own ratios, but most people tend to go for 21-9 for inf, 11-4 for vehicles and 7-3 for heavies. 21/11/7 being range, 9/4/3 being armor. It’s been tested over and over again, these are the best ratios. Of course a small change won’t make that much of a difference, for example going 22/8 or 20/10 for inf or 10/5 for vehicles.

Sen was listing the number of ranged and armor for each chassis: infantry/vehicle/tank so 21/11/7 are the amount of ranged units you should have in a squad depending on the chassis and 9/4/3 are the amount of armor troops (chassis going from inf/veh/tank).

I prefer to list it as: chassis – ranged/armor (I find it is less confusing to explain). So:

Infantry – 21/9 (21 ranged/9 armor)
Vehicle – 11/4 (11 ranged/4 armor)
Tank – 7/3 (7 ranged/3 armor)

Slight modifications are ok if in a pinch, but do not use damage troops like some of these other nubs are saying (except for spamming or early in the era).

The ratios are just the tried and true combinations of troops that allow you to do the maximum damage for the least amount of resources. Later in the game after I get a good army size, I start throwing in an extra squad or two of just armor units to guarantee that my ranged units do not die (in bigger battles). Is this as cost effective? Probably not. However, this way I do not lose my ranged units, and they gain XP and live to fight another day (with more HP, armor and eventually range).

Flag Post
  • HP, damage and eventually range *

Flag Post
Originally posted by 5432a:

• HP, damage and eventually range *

derp. thanks Ace

Flag Post

i have even recommended this link to .com newby players. they appreciated it.

Flag Post

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I came to dance, dance, dance.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Muffinz0Fdoom:

DANCE THE DANCE OF LIFE

Flag Post
Originally posted by numonered:

DANCE THE DANCE OF LIFE

Flag Post

I broke quote box.

Flag Post

This is what happens when I try to quote someone.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

this thread should be deleted cuz its posted on the sacreligeous sen kong bd hof

Flag Post

I like the guide. Great for a new player such as myself.
On another note things change. Updates are made. Understand that just because it was one way on an earlier server dosnt make it so on the one your now playing. Keep that in mind when debating game mechanics.

Flag Post

thx, really helpfull

Flag Post
Originally posted by ThinkLiveLife:

I like the guide. Great for a new player such as myself.
On another note things change. Updates are made. Understand that just because it was one way on an earlier server dosnt make it so on the one your now playing. Keep that in mind when debating game mechanics.

Actually, Kongregate servers do not update like BD.com does. It has stayed pretty much the same for more than a year now.

Flag Post

ITS CHANGED NAAAOWW!!!

WE, THE PEOPLE, DEMAND NEW GUIDE!!!