The Battle Dawn Rules page 2

63 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mhpook:

By the way, my brothers account is unbanned, and I am not. I just want my tokens back now because I already missed the start of m1 and I am extremely disappointed in how slow things are being handled.

That’s why I left Earth 1…btw, I think that I was the reason that this thread was my made, as it was posted right after I was unbanned…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mhpook:

By the way, my brothers account is unbanned, and I am not. I just want my tokens back now because I already missed the start of m1 and I am extremely disappointed in how slow things are being handled.

The creation of a mystery third colony while I dealt with your case was the cause of delay.

Flag Post

You do not get your tokens back Mhpook. That’s life its not fair. This case happened many times but tokens will not be refunded. Also I think brothers or users in same house should not play in the same world. Admins should enforce this. This will safe a lot of trouble and arguements. People in the same house should play in different worlds so its easier. :D

Flag Post

As specified in the rules, it is a player’s perogative to inform the admin if they are playing same-location colonies. Admins cannot be expected to magically know if two players are brothers and if we find same-location colonies that haven’t been explained then we have no choice but to ban first and ask questions later.

Flag Post

prerogative*

Flag Post

Quite.

Flag Post

Funny! Hilarious!
Awesome!
So we go to a server… Join an alliance… All this respecting the rules, then the admin decides… These three seem to be having fun so… LETS CHANGE THE RULES.
All normal here I mean its internet not like the HUMAN FREAKING RIGHTS are in vigor here… So go ahead and act like you’re an authoritary dumbass… All normal we lose the server… Got deleted… Read the rules…. Start out fresh on Mars… Since we can’t actually contest admins online you know ? WE GOT NO RIGHTS HERE. And after we get on SEPARATE ALLIANCES, DON’T ATACK EACHOTHER. DON’T TALK TO EACHOTHER and are actually coping somewhat ok with the game… WE GET BANNED for NO REASON, AFTER NOTIFYING THE ADMIN AND HIM SAYING “ok”.

What’s this about?
I burned tokens there.
I got atacked overnight and coped with it.
I joined a good alliance and was having fun.
But eh… What do the admins care? Its not like we have HUMAN RIGHTS HERE.
Damn freaking useless bunch that have fun in ruining players fun!
And then some ask why the servers are getting emptier and emptier ….
Here you go… I’m about to quit batledawn, at least the kong one, wanna know why? THE ADMINS ARE IDIOTS. And yeah I can say that without it being offensive or desrespective… PEOPLE DON’T HAVE RIGHTS HERE .

Have fun,
Gartuga

Flag Post

You need to make sure you contact the admin of any world that you play alongside somebody from the same location. If you fail to contact an admin, you are likely to get banned for multiple colonies.

Flag Post

Apparently it was mistake on our part it was rectified about 15 min later….
Sadly their ban was on all servers …
Still I maintain my position that its sad to just switch rules and not to allow brothers to play in same alliances…
About all else I guess it was just me venting for being pissed off.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gartuga:

Apparently it was mistake on our part it was rectified about 15 min later….
Sadly their ban was on all servers …
Still I maintain my position that its sad to just switch rules and not to allow brothers to play in same alliances…
About all else I guess it was just me venting for being pissed off.

I had brothers play in my alliance 2 years ago or so and they weren’t allowed to then, when did it change?

Flag Post

I know I used to play with my family last year…
All we had to do was notify the admin.
I don’t know how it was 2 years back.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senatus:

The rules of Battle Dawn.

1. Multiing – You are only allowed to have 1 colony per world. Having several accounts on the same world is therefore NOT allowed*
2. Account sharing – You are not allowed to have multiple people log in on your account. Your account is yours only, having other people log in on it to play Battledawn is unfair, as you can be much more active this way.
3. Bug abuse – If you happen to stumble upon a bug or glitch in the game, report it. Don’t abuse it.
4. Hacking – If you in any way try to hack people or try to get their password, you will get banned. Admins don’t need your password, never give it out.
5. Flaming – When communicating with other players, or with the admin, keep it nice. No discriminatory remarks, and no flaming. Respect others.
6. Farming – you are not allowed to place a colony on a world for the sole purpose of benefiting another player (such as by feeding resources to them)
7. Griefing (previously Trolling) – You are not allowed to place a colony on a world for the sole purpose of harassing/annoying another player (eg, constant suicide attacks)

Appendix:
*: Two people may play from the same location (same house, same computer, etc) subject to special restrictions; same location colonies cannot join the same alliance or conquer one another. Such colonies may also be asked by an administrator to produce for reasonable evidence to prove that they are both unique people.
It is the responsibility of people playing from a single location to contact an administrator as soon as possible when they begin playing.
Administrators will ban any unexplained same-location colonies, which could cause unnecessary delays to the players involved.

These rules have been updated as of 19/12/2011. Follow them, and you won’t have any problems :)

I think the punishment for each one of these offenses should be written down as well, that way it is fair to everyone.

Also, bans should be done by ticks, not by days. This way it is fair from world to world.

Something like this:

Trolling = Banned for the era (since they will just keep trolling when unbanned)
Multi Accounting = Banned for 216 ticks
Accounting Sharing = Both people banned for 144 ticks
Farming = 72 ticks and have farms deleted
Flaming = 24 ticks

If I had my way, each broken rule would result in a ban for the entire era, but I know most people won’t agree with that. I say this because I have reported two people for trolling in Earth, with screen shots as proof (they were attacking only us, conquered by another alliance, and giving all their ops to the alliance we were at war with), and Tom just said, “Oh they have an in game diplomatic agreement, but I’ll teleport them somewhere else.” ….. if there is enough proof that they are trolling to teleport, why are they still allowed to play?

Also, bans should only affect one world. Why be punished on mars and fantasy for something that happened on earth?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hapexamendios:

1. Multiing – You are only allowed to have 1 colony per world. Having several accounts on the same world is therefore NOT allowed*
2. Account sharing – You are not allowed to have multiple people log in on your account. Your account is yours only, having other people log in on it to play Battledawn is unfair, as you can be much more active this way.
3. Bug abuse – If you happen to stumble upon a bug or glitch in the game, report it. Don’t abuse it.
4. Hacking – If you in any way try to hack people or try to get their password, you will get banned. Admins don’t need your password, never give it out.
5. Flaming – When communicating with other players, or with the admin, keep it nice. No discriminatory remarks, and no flaming. Respect others.
6. Farming – you are not allowed to place a colony on a world for the sole purpose of benefiting another player (such as by feeding resources to them)
7. Griefing (previously Trolling) – You are not allowed to place a colony on a world for the sole purpose of harassing/annoying another player (eg, constant suicide attacks)

Appendix:
*: Two people may play from the same location (same house, same computer, etc) subject to special restrictions; same location colonies cannot join the same alliance or conquer one another. Such colonies may also be asked by an administrator to produce for reasonable evidence to prove that they are both unique people.
It is the responsibility of people playing from a single location to contact an administrator as soon as possible when they begin playing.
Administrators will ban any unexplained same-location colonies, which could cause unnecessary delays to the players involved.

These rules have been updated as of 19/12/2011. Follow them, and you won’t have any problems :)

I think the punishment for each one of these offenses should be written down as well, that way it is fair to everyone.

Also, bans should be done by ticks, not by days. This way it is fair from world to world.

Something like this:

Trolling = Banned for the era (since they will just keep trolling when unbanned)
Multi Accounting = Banned for 216 ticks
Accounting Sharing = Both people banned for 144 ticks
Farming = 72 ticks and have farms deleted
Flaming = 24 ticks

If I had my way, each broken rule would result in a ban for the entire era, but I know most people won’t agree with that. I say this because I have reported two people for trolling in Earth, with screen shots as proof (they were attacking only us, conquered by another alliance, and giving all their ops to the alliance we were at war with), and Tom just said, “Oh they have an in game diplomatic agreement, but I’ll teleport them somewhere else.” ….. if there is enough proof that they are trolling to teleport, why are they still allowed to play?

Also, bans should only affect one world. Why be punished on mars and fantasy for something that happened on earth?

i agree with all of these except farming. Just delete the farms a take away the score from those farms.

Flag Post

that would let the farmers profit from all the farming still, without any punishment. op or colony farming can be a huge advantage, especially in the beginning of the game.

Flag Post

Oh gee ima farmer! i farm dem ol’ colonies into that thar income! i git so many ol’ colonies in dees parts i can’t count em all!

Flag Post
Originally posted by LOLGfNoOB:

Oh gee ima farmer! i farm dem ol’ colonies into that thar income! i git so many ol’ colonies in dees parts i can’t count em all!

Yep, dey grow like ’em radishes.

Flag Post

that would let the farmers profit from all the farming still, without any punishment. op or colony farming can be a huge advantage, especially in the beginning of the game.

I assume this excludes people who are innocent? ‘Cause I’ve had people build by me and a few people spam ops by me without asking them to do a thing. I would actually message the current admin often if it was ok to take them.

Flag Post

Had to delete original Post

Flag Post

all I’m saying is that some sort of way to standardize the punishment for breaking each rule would be a step in the right direction.

Flag Post

all I’m saying is that some sort of way to standardize the punishment for breaking each rule would be a step in the right direction.

Agreed. Let’s assign the guillotine for every infraction.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Appendix:

By playing BattleDawn you are bound by the following termsa nd conditions:
http://www.battledawn.com/battledawn/portal/?p=tos

and you can’t spam to not want permannently banned from forum.I will be got banned and you,i’m want good for you.Don’t spam,there no unban.